What would you do if your husband wanted to get rid of kids toys?

Kids are kids how hard is it to move toys smh

2 Likes

Itā€™s easy to call him lazy. And easy to tell her to do it herself. But in all reality this is a personal problem at home that she needs to communicate and both ends need to compromise. The toys can be kept , you can cooperate and make it easier for him to mow ā€œout in this heatā€ like you said by making your kids responsible. If your kids are too young then you need to assure that prior to him mowing you get any toys out of the way. As for the play set outside thatā€™s something he should be able to move before mowing if itā€™s too heavy for you. He canā€™t just throw toys away just because he doesnā€™t want to deal with it. Kids need toys. But he also needs your help and he doesnā€™t know how to communicate that properly and youā€™re just trying to find an excuse not to make those kids responsible or you simply want to prove your point about him being lazy. Communicate better. Teach your kids responsibilities and help keep the toys out of the way when he mows. Make a deal with him if there happens to be any toys that get left out in the ground while mowing he has the right to throw it away.

If it were up to me ā€¦youuu wud be cutting the grass from now on.

Clean up the toys or mow the yard yourself. Iā€™m the yard person in my house because my hubby is the same way (not many kids toys other than pool and trampoline but I have gardens, tables, fire pit, corn hole, horseshoes etc etc lol) mowing around stuff and having to move stuff doesnā€™t bother me, but it does him so I do it. Also, we donā€™t know exactly what kind of ā€œtoy messā€ youā€™re talking about here. Is it a few outside play things or a million things thrown about the yard?

If he had ā€œtoysā€ id start throwing a fit about them and saying they can go in the trash cause they are a nuisance

2 Likes

At least they are outside playing instead of in the house playing on electronics.

1 Like

Kids should put there toys up after they play no matter what day it is. If they have a place to put umā€¦as far as mowing around a swing setā€¦tell him to use a weed whacker around tuff spotsā€¦much easier and looks just as goodā€¦make a family day out of doing the yard wrkā€¦so many easy ways to handle this situation without a hassleā€¦I understand both sides, but if u come together as a family, it can be resolved where everyone is happy :blush:

Do they play with it? If yes, then tell him to man up and do his job as a father and a man. If they donā€™t play with it then donate it

Just cut the grass yourself, no problem

1 Like

Remind him he would be taking away from both your kids and wouldnā€™t be fair to them. Also help out, depending on age of kids have them help pick toys up that can be picked up. (We have a little chest for outside to put some outside toys in). As far as swings well your mowing around it for the kids- itā€™s your house gotta take care of it

Toys are expensive to throw away & then to buy more. I suggest that either the day b4 or day of mowingā€¦ You & the kids can clean up the toys & put them all together so they are out of his way. Itll help alot especially the lil ones learning to clean up after themselves :grin:

Help by moving things then make a parking spot for toys and get kids to start parking them there.

3 Likes

You move things, he mows the grass. Problem solved :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Iā€™m 69 and have always cut my grassā€¦always manages to get around toys. Not a big deal.

1 Like

Heā€™s being very inconsiderate and lazy. So what he has to cut around the freaking toys omg how hardšŸ˜‘. To get rid of toys You spent good money on and things they actively play with is wasteful. Want kids to spend all day everyday outside but want the throw their toys away over you not wanting to put forth a little extra effort. Like I canā€™t wrap my head around anyone thinking this way much less anyone agreeing with him.

1 Like

Id go move it myself

Donā€™t cut the grass he can do it. If you want to do it get rid of him and have the kids help you. They can pick up the toys so he can cut the grass without moving anything

1 Like

My husband bitches about my grandsonā€™s toys inside. Ridiculous! Kids need toys! Tell him to suck it up buttercup!!!

5 Likes

When kids finish playing /eating should pick up after themselves parents should teach them, itā€™s a life skill I will not get rid of my kids things, just carzy.

2 Likes

Why canā€™t the children pick up the toys and put them in a certain placeā€¦dad mows the lawnā€¦play again with the toys. To help dadā€¦play with one toy at a time if possible. How much does dad play with his kids on that grass??

2 Likes

He should make an effort. I think he is just being lazy. I would remind him of his fatherly responsibilities and obligations. Do not offer to do it yourself, he will take advantage of that. His a grown man. He needs to get on with it. Iā€™m sure you do chores you dont want to do. Make him do his part.

I just threw all my sons old toys he donā€™t play with lol

If he so bothered by it then he should pay someone to do the grass/ yard maintenance, problem solved. Are the kids supposed to have nothing to play with cause itā€™s an inconvenience, ridiculous. Get rid of HIS stuff that inconveniences YOU and heā€™ll rethink his decision pretty quick. :joy:

Then do it yourself if you can do it without the moaning. All power to you .

2 Likes

Uhhhhh NO! Ill let my man do that when i can go clean out his garage! Luckily my man wouldnā€™t suggest that ā€¦ maybe if my kids were older BUT i have a 2 month old and 4&5 year olds so not happening lol we did upgrade our playground and got rid of other items so that helped bug my man just scoots it over or goes around it then uses the weed whacker! Id tell him to suck it up! If its that big of a deal, id do it myself BUT then my man has to deal with 3 kids lol

Just have the kids move the toys, and tell him to stop being a drama queen :rofl:

Spray weed killer around toys

3 Likes

Mowing can be a daunting, miserable task, especially in any kind of heat because more heat comes off the mower. The addition of having to deal with stopping typ pick shit up in front of it (which requires releasing the mower so you have to pull start it again) is enough to frustrate anyone. Been. There. From his perspective itā€™s extra unnecessary work, making a hard job even harder.
Itā€™s a little unfair to call him lazy when heā€™s the one mowing the lawn, lazy would be doing nothing. I highly doubt he had any real intention of doing that, iā€™m gonna call the bluff. Heā€™s implying they should already be picked up.
Before I mow I walk the yard WITH the kids, they are their toys and therefore primarily their responsibility to pick up. No age is too young to learn to pick up their own mess (in fact the younger you start, the more habitual it becomes, they expect to have to). After weā€™re done walking the yard and theyā€™re confident all the toys are up, I mow without prejudice. One toy got shredded, fortunately a cheap one, but it encouraged them to be extra diligent the next time. Read between the lines, heā€™s asking for help. We expect all the consideration, gotta give some too.

Build a wooden box the kids can fit their toys in lean it up against the trailer and have them clean their toys up after each use. Keeps your lawn nicer and husband quiet as for the swing set he can suck it up they need to play and itā€™s more convenient to keep the swings then have them go to the park all the time

Throw out the husband and keep the toys and now the yard yourself! :woman_shrugging:t3:

Either you move the toys for him or you cut the grass. No big deal.

1 Like

Make it a shared responsibility- he cuts around it maybe you use the weedwacker after

Cut around the swing set so he wonā€™t have to do it. Have your kids pick up their toys before mows. Maybe it will help.

1 Like

Cut the grass ur self show him you dont need him :muscle:

Exactly itā€™s hot out and itā€™s making extra work for him! Why donā€™t u go out before he mows with ur kids and have them pick up all the loose toys that are everywhere and help the man out!! Esp if ur a stay at home mom take the time to help ur mans life easier

Do it with no problem and not make one fuss, I mean why are you aggravated if you just said all that? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

If ur husband is being like that, then on his day off put all the kids toys in the cupboard and see how long he lastsā€¦ the garden toys play a game with the kids to clean it up. Maybe put it on concrete. Wat did ur husband expect wen u brought swings. That he could magically lift it up?? Heā€™s an adult.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-would-you-do-if-your-husband-wanted-to-get-rid-of-kids-toys/12859

Okay, if you want the toys you go out and pick them up.

2 Likes

Let him mow and u can help by weed wacking around the toys :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I mean when you chose to have kids you chose the mess and all the endless amounts of toys that come with it? Itā€™s important for them to have stuff to play with so Iā€™d just tell him to crack on and deal with it

3 Likes

Teach your kids to pick up their toys and maybe he wonā€™t mind the swing set. It isnā€™t an un reasonable request.

Tell him to STFU, does he want to deal with bored kids 24/7? :thinking:

3 Likes

Tell him you are gonna throw away all his clothes because youā€™re tired of dealing with his dirty laundry :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

Help him outā€¦ you want the toys for the kids so move them around when heā€™s cutting the grass. Teamwork! Everyone wins!

8 Likes

Despite the situation one can actually earn from home by trading in cryptocurrencies. For more info contact Mr Edward by clicking on his Facebook below. Heā€™s an expert in the Crypto and forex worldā€¦
:envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow:
Edward Heinrich

Throw his toys out to? Canā€™t have it both ways :upside_down_face: kids need to be kids, simple. If he doesnā€™t want this then he shouldnā€™t of decided to become a dad. Sorry, harsh but if my partner did that Iā€™d be telling him to get rid of his PlayStation and fishing gear

why not buy a shed to store all your toys in. it would also teach your children to pick up after themselves when they are finished playing with their toys. i really canā€™t blame your husband if he is trying to work hard at keeping your place nice looking.

3 Likes

U move the toys and let him mow. Problem solved

3 Likes

Maybe you could make one area for the toys, so they are on a barked area or something?

1 Like

Kids should pick them up and move them to a set area when done to be easier one everyone.

Help him, mowing / weed eating is not hardā€¦ personally I donā€™t like the way my boyfriend cuts the grass so I do it myself sometimes I need a lil help getting the machinery started but after that itā€™s smooth sailingā€¦

I think you could either help him by moving toys or switch roles n you do the mowing and see if the same thing bothers you
If not you might need to take on the lawn mowing and he take on one of your roles :woman_shrugging:t3:

Wow thatā€™s the least he can do, im sure u do everything else for him and the kids, sounds like heā€™s just a grouchy ol manā€¦smh keep them toys for them kids mama im sure them toys give u a lil break throughout the day good luck :hugs:

1 Like

I move our toys when the grass is getting cut then I put them backā€¦ I have a garden but it was filled with toys but cleared some away that werenā€™t being played with now itā€™s a bit easier ā€¦ just move them when you know heā€™s going to do it?:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Put down mulch. Itā€™s a win for him (no mowing) & a win for kids!

If they have nothing to do, they will just come and annoy you and your husband :joy:

Tell him he will have to make time to play with the kids instead if thereā€™s no toys :woozy_face:ā€¦ I bet he moves them :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Ignore his ass, sometimes they just like to bitch and moan

1 Like

I would either do it myself, or just go out with him when he mows and pick up the toys. Teamwork.

1 Like

Id say get rid of the husband and do the chores your self

5 Likes

Mulch or sand where the swing set is and keep the toys put away in one spot to make it easier.

2 Likes

If heā€™s doing the work cutting, why canā€™t you go move the toys and clean up the yard for him before hand ? He doesnā€™t sound lazy to me. Sounds like heā€™s tired of doing it all alone. If itā€™s too hot for you, itā€™s too hot for him.

6 Likes

Tell him to suck it up. Thatā€™s just a ridiculous bunch of lazy. Toys goes with being a parent. :rage:

2 Likes

i mean it is a pain having to mow around toys and move them but i also do not agree with depriving children of toys. They are only young once. Maybe you can compromise somehow with him and go either pick up toys or help him pick them up before he mows. You could also have the kiddos help you pick them up. Well unless they are huge like swing set and trampoline. but even so, i dont agree with depriving children of their childhood, maybe you can help him move the big stuff? Some of it can be done with weed eater rather than moving it. That is what my husband did and although i had plenty of my own responsibilities around the house, i always offered to help him in anyway. Usually he didnt accept offer though since mowing was basically all he did outside of working and dealing with the vehicles and such. We both worked fulltime jobs and i did most of the house work and he dealt with the outside.

you should have told him donā€™t let the door hit you in the ass

2 Likes

Depends on how much toys. Do you make the kids tidy things up when they are done outside? Does he have to love a bunch of stuff out of the way just to cut? Put yourself in his shoes if you were cuttingā€¦obviously thereā€™s a compromise there

Heā€™s doing the work ā€¦ why donā€™t you go move the toys ?

1 Like

If your children are old enough get them to move their toys to somewhere?

tell him to cut grass else where lol

Well marriage is 50/50 :joy: but I would help move them with the kids help should be a family project and responsibility

Selfish. No thought or consideration for the kids, just his own petty inconveniences.
Sorry but if u didnā€™t realise kids were a WHOLE inconvenience most times you shouldnā€™t have them.
Theyā€™re pains in the asses but theyā€™re worth all the heartache/stress and inconvenience.
Get yourself a man whoā€™ll play I the yard with the kids and their toys! Thatā€™s what Iā€™d do.

1 Like

Harry Clarke is this you :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Teach your children to pick up after themselves and if not then you pick them up. You want to call him lazy but donā€™t want to go out and help with yard work. Switch roles and guaranteed youā€™d be bitching.

4 Likes

I would wait a day. Then start picking out his clothes from the laundry, anything else of his in my way while Iā€™m doing things and say ā€œletā€™s just get rid of this stuff, itā€™s in my way while Iā€™m doing things.ā€
But Iā€™m pettyšŸ˜‚

as to the swing set and stuff thatā€™s too heavy to move I donā€™t see a problem but if he is going to cut the grass the kids could pick up the yard so that he can get through it easierā€¦a little compromise for peace in my house

Iā€™d mow in the area of my he play equipment let him do the rest

Tell him to suck it up or that you will do it urself. Thats what i do i mow around the house and then my guy weedeats if I cant get mine to work

Then do it šŸ¤· Or help move everything :relaxed: Compromise

3 Likes

Get rid of the grass and put down something that doesnā€™t need any work

1 Like

I mow the lawn, because my husband does alot and I donā€™t mind but I have to move everything beforehand. Heā€™ll help me move it and put it back. If he mows, I move the stuff then put it back. Thereā€™s your solution.

Tell the kids to pick them up? If they are over 2, they can pick their own toys and move them somewhere else. Having said that, toys are a part of life, both of you should be making an effort in clearing them to mow if the kids are too young.

6 Likes

Depends. Do you do all the inside chores? Cooking everyoneā€™s meals, cleaning everyoneā€™s lau dry, cleaning and organizing the whole house? If so, he can deal with it. They are his children too and cleaning for the children to have a safe fun place to play is just part of parenting and caring for them.

5 Likes

Wow these type of men exist ? Heā€™s lazy

1 Like

I would take my ass outside and weed eat or mow where the toys are and let him do the rest. Problem solved

How are the kids going to pick up a swing set? For all you suggesting it? Yes small toys sure have the kids pick up when done but heā€™s also complaining of a Dam SWING SET because heā€™s too lazy to cut around it :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Oh brother, wait til the kids donā€™t have anything to play with and drive him nuts instead

2 Likes

Well tell him he can pay somebody to cut it, since he so lazy. I bet he continues to do it!!

1 Like

Spray roundup around the swingset so thereā€™s no grass to cut lol then help him pick up the other toys. Teamwork!

2 Likes

Sounds like the kids need to clean up the yard when dad mows :raised_hands: If not ā€¦sounds like hes right šŸ¤· I said what I said

8 Likes

Iā€™d tell him to shove it. But thatā€™s just me

Just do like we do when my hubby is ready to mow the grass I go out and move the toys as he moves that way he doesnā€™t have to stop mowing the grass and he gets a little extra help since he refuses to let me now for him! And as for the swing set literally mowing around that is a piece of cake so complaining about that one is a little excessive but the rest just help him move them or like everyone else suggested maybe the kids do it for himšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Tell your hubby that if HE gets rid of the swing set and the kids outdoor toys HE will have to take them to the park to playā€¦ All by himself.
You have to ask yourself what type of man you married and had children with that would deprive his children of having a swing set and outdoor toys just because itā€™s a little extra work to mow around them. We had a 15 foot trampoline in the backyard for our grandson that me and the hubby would move on mowing days and we never complained about it. We took it down before winter came because I read it wasnā€™t good to let snow accumulate on the mat and stretch it out. Then COVID came and we havenā€™t had the opportunity to put it back up. My hubby is almost 70 and I am 67, if we can do it so can your whiney ass husband!!!

Move toys to a mowed area then move back to play area when heā€™s finished doing it. Iā€™ve Been moving toys for years!

2 Likes

Donā€™t collect so many toys that causes clutter. If you want to keep them take responsibility to clean then up and put in a designated area. Then he can cut the grass.

2 Likes

My husband found moving the kids toys around a Pain when doing the grass so we built a area with matts

Tell him to quit being a crybaby

1 Like

Try to be active by yourself and stop making excuse of the hot season

1 Like

I mow around a trampoline, picnic table, and play house with a slidešŸ™„ plus a 100 Tonka trucks, tricycles, and other outside toys. I move them to where I donā€™t have to mowā€¦ Then again the next time it happens again. Iā€™ve told their dad to quit dragging home all the fucking toys but he donā€™t listenšŸ˜ 

Or teach your kids to put up their toys when not using them

1 Like