What would you do if your husband wanted to get rid of kids toys?

I can relate, that’s why I took the whopping 3 1/2 minutes it took to pick up the “stuff” in the yard.
I miss the hell out of doing it. My son would have turned 38 this year. Covid saw that didn’t happen. There won’t be any body to clean up after other than me. I miss the hell out of it.

1 Like

Why don’t the kids pick up their toys that are laying around the yard. Just asking

3 Likes

Make the kids pick up their toys. Or you move them but great opportunity to teach your kids responsibility!

2 Likes

I don’t know. This sounds like me everyday. I threaten to throw away everything every day but I never do. I can understand the aggravation about it though. I would say the same if I had to do something and the toys are all over the place. Tell your kids to clean up their toys around the yard. The swing set can stay cause I mean I’m sure it’s not that hard to cut around that.

I just get out there and move stuff as he mows lol

2 Likes

I would tell him to pissoff personally :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Have the kids keep in neat and clean. Have a big tote that they can put little stuff away. Hubby can cut around the swings. I say compromise

3 Likes

What wrong with the kids mowing and tiding up the yard themselves… Its their toys after all… Around here the parks have the swings… If the kids leave something out in the yard when he does the yard maintenance, it goes in the trash… They best take care of their toys or loose them… They learn young around our house…

3 Likes

Ok so the kids could pik up the toys before dad mows the lawn but the swing set seriously?? Cut around, problem solved. Moma you can also help the kids outside, you know, fresh air, etc.

3 Likes

Sounds like Daddy needs to go outside and sleep in the doghouse… you didn’t make the kids alone. Toys and some inconveniences come with raising our kids. But it’s life and we deal with them. So he should buck up or shut up.

5 Likes

Either move the toys before he mows or do it yourself.

1 Like

I would suggest you mow the yard and see how he feels!

2 Likes

Help move it out of his way or mow it yourself

1 Like

Tell him you want to get rid of all the dishes cuz your tired of dealing with all of them.

11 Likes

Tell him to build a play house so they have somewhere to put them.

….okay after reading the whole post, tell the kids to put all their toys in a designated area a day or two before he mows. Whatever is left out gets trashed. Either way he won’t have to worry about picking them up again. Plus the kids learn to take ownership of their stuff and that there’s consequences when you don’t!!

2 Likes

Make the kids put away their toys everyday before the end of day, leave the swing there…he can mow around it and you can weed whack around the areas the mower can’t get to. Problem solved and everyone wins. Depending on how old the kids are if they are older they can help with mowing and weed whacking. It’s never too you g to teach tyoir kids to pick up after themselves.

2 Likes

It’s hot as Satan’s naked butthole on hot asphalt outside. Heat & Humidity =Anger/Irritation … everytime. 2 things, learn to use a weed eater and do it yourself or, as I love to happen, give praise and appreciation for the hot, irritating work being done. Bring a tall glass of sweet tea or iced water out to him & say thank you & a little kiss. The little appreciation will go a long way when your hot & irritated.:wink:

1 Like

I’d move the objects for him while he mows. It’s all about that 50/50 when they’re getting drained !

2 Likes

I go through the same thing with the granddaughters toys… I have COPD 33 percent lung capacity…so I can’t breathe very well after picking up 60 toys… I just tell the kid’s if they want to keep their toys…pick them up and put them away…or I’ll ride right over them with the mower…it works pretty good…

1 Like

Tell him to have fun entertaining them when they go outside then.

Let grass cutting day be a family day. You along with the children go out there and help daddy. Many hand make work lighter.

1 Like

Have your kids put their stuff away.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how many toys we are talking about. The swing set stays, no question. But if there are 50 toy trucks and such, I can see where it would get old. Maybe pare down the outside toys, or put some away for awhile , then swap out the toys every couple weeks.

Maybe spray weed killer around the legs of the swing set so he doesnt need to try to circle around the legs.

1 Like

No the kids def need stuff to do. Especially if you do live in a trailer which are typically smaller. Next time he wants to bitch about it just go to it yourself. It might shut him up lol guys hate that.

Just offer to move the toys when its mowing time. Win win for everyone.

2 Likes

Then you move all the Toys for him, let him do the Mowing & Trimming and then you put all the Toys back! Problem solved!

3 Likes

ask him if he wants to trade jobs for a while and see how you both feel?

Ever try helping him move the toys ? It would be easier. Then you weed whack around the swing set.

3 Likes

You or the kid’s need to move the toys on mow day. Build a storage shed to keep them in after they play so it’s not a issue. It’s good teaching the kids to pick up and help. If their old enough to throw it down their old enough to pick it up. Swing set is a different story. If there wasn’t random toys all over the place he’d probably not worry about the swing so much :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Put them ALL in a designated area when done, like on the dirt or lack of grass

Tell your husband you wanna get rid of him bcuz you can’t deal with him.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of information left out of this post, how many toys are we talking about here, if it’s just a few, he’s over reacting, if it’s a chore in itself just to clean the yard every time he wants to mow, then I see his point, maybe help him deal with it, help him pick them up and move them

Trade chores! He cleans the bathroom once a week and you do the mowing once a week

Do it yourself! Since it’s no big deal and you have decided it’s no big deal. Sounds like your kids need to be taught to pick up after themselves, or you if they are too little to do it on their own. Then you do it before he cuts the grass. Sounds complaining and last to me. It’s a headache picking up things while you are mowing. Thank God he is mowing to keep the snakes out of the yard for the children.

3 Likes

The Swing Set stays I mowed around my kids swing set while my Husband was deployed for years we couldn’t afford all the toys kids have today cut down on toys and move the rest out of the way on mow day make the kids do it.

Perhaps you could mow around the swing set once in awhile as a compromise for him not getting rid of the swing set. Or when the kids get older perhaps they could help with that part of it. Assuming they are old enough

1 Like

Always made my kids move them to one area.

Have him cut around it and then go out and weedwack where you have to. No need for the kids to suffer.

Mow around the swing set for him help move the toys in the yard. Teach your children to put toys in one spot when they are funished playing with them.

Toys need to be put away every night. Have a toy box or something out there right against trailer. Swing set though? Yeah, ur husband is lazy. Mine has all kinds of crap back there plus a trampoline and he mows around what he can n uses weed eater for what he can’t.

Tell him get a weed Wacker and stop whining. That if he doesn’t deal with mowing that lawn you’re done mowing yours and he won’t be playing in the jungle for a while either.

Tell him to get over it

Lee McDowell you :joy::joy:

1 Like

Maybe tell him that you want to get rid of all the furniture in the house, as you don’t want to deal with it when you vacuum & much less dusting as well! Lol

2 Likes

If you think you can do it, then do it and don’t make a fuss about it.

I’d mow the yard myself and tell him he’s an asshole

Dump him and keep the toys

He’s just trying to get you to mow so he don’t have to

3 Likes

dont throw away the toys,

Maybe U & the kids can tidy up the area before ur hubby mows make the kids pack their toys after they finish playing. It’s frustrating on its own having to mow a lawn in the heat & alot of it U say. I think I’d whinge & wanna get rid of them too If toys are scattered everywhere & with the swing set lend a helping hand whipper snipper around its area. A little help will make a better outcome for all

3 Likes

Tell the kids to pick up their toys tell their dad he made those babies, and to stop whining like he’s a child himself

NO way dad …that hurt lasts forever

1 Like

If men think it’s perfectly reasonable to buy you a vacuum cleaner for Christmas or Valentine’s Day Mother’s Day or any other significant holiday then I’m sure he should not be offended if you buy him a weed wacker and tell him to get the hell over it

4 Likes

Have your husband designated a spot for the kids to put their outside toys when he mows and see to it that its done. End of complaint.The swing set he just have to deal with.

1 Like

There is a lot of missing pieces here. For one, do you work? Does he work? Why can’t the kids be made to pick up the toys and move them to a set place in the yard before the mowing begins. Is he the only one cleaning up the yard? Here is my outlook on it, taking care of the place is supposed to be a team effort. That means inside the home and outside the home. If there is a mess of toys outside, then the children and even the parent that doesn’t mow can go out and get the yard cleaned up and ready to mow.

I say keep the kids toys but make them put them all in one spot at the end of every day. Just bc they are outside toys doesn’t mean you can let them leave it all over the place. Your husband isn’t wrong. It is annoying to have to go around all that crab when you can easily make the kids put it all in one spot. But you also aren’t wrong by wanting to keep the toys. Doesn’t matter if you don’t have a porch or driveway. Get a big storage box with lid and gave them pack it up. Problem solved. As for the swing set. He can go around that

4 Likes

Get real dad kids need toys

2 Likes

Show. A place to put them

Run it over see how the wife gota deal with the aftermath… also may introduce the kids to abit of responsibility

2 Likes

Weed eater is what I use to get around my sons outside stuff and I wouldn’t ever strip my son of his outside toys just because I didn’t wanna do a little bit extra work.

It is very stressful when the toys scattered all-over when you are mowing the lawn or cutting the grass.So l would let the children kep their toys together instead of having them all over.

Get artificial grass then he can’t complain lol

Tell him to man up and get on with it, don’t ever throw kids toys away just because he can’t deal with it, ffs needs to give his head a wobble and grow up sounds pathetic.

9 Likes

If it’s lots if grass why nit put stone down so swing set and toy area on stones my neighbor did that

How old are kids? Dad gives some warning and kids pick up toys. Pretty minor.

Maybe try helping your hubby with moving the stuff when it’s lawn care time? If you could do it no problem, then you should! You move the stuff for him and he mows! See? Problem solved!

8 Likes

If there are tons of toys - donate some. Talk over the best placement for a toy bin with your husband, buy and set it up. Kids should have a spot for their things, everything should be put away every day not just lawn care days so they are in the habit … and sometimes you could mow the area around the swing set.

3 Likes

Help him clean around it all and help him move the stuff when he mows maybe? So its not all on him. If its all on him to do the up keeping it should be on him whether yall keep it or not.

3 Likes

Well my husband bitched about this for years. Now we are divorced and my daughter and two grandkids live with me. I understand now lol. Go out there and help him move the stuff.

2 Likes

Well the kids are in their forties now , so…

2 Likes

I’d tell him to go ahead. But he can take the kids to the park to play every day.

Then you do it, or go out and help.

1 Like

Comprise with a little shed. For toys. Let kids know that tomorrow is mowing day and anything left out is in the bin. Kids need to learn the value of their belongings.

4 Likes

First…get some mulch for under and around the swing set. Safer and he won’t have to worry about mowing if its done correctly. Second: teach your kids to put their toys away…maybe in large laundry baskets for smaller toys, so dad doesn’t have to pick up before he can mow…for bikes and things have them park them neatly. It’s not a bad thing to teach your kids to take care of their things.

5 Likes

Tell them kids to pick they shh up

4 Likes

Lots of grass mean a lot of room have kids play one side this week and move tl other side next week. Get weed wackers for around swing.

I’m from the uk so I’m not so sure if there’s a different understanding of things here. But in my house, the kids have their playthings and that’s that. We have artificial grass so we’re ok, but if we didn’t they would still have their play areas. Mow up to where the big items lay and if need be sheer the remaining grass. As long as the kids have somewhere safe and clean to play it should be good.

Ok so what if we mamas quit cooking dinner, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, picking up after the kids, doing dishes, running errands, taking kids to school activities and their appointments, etc. just because we’re “tired of it.” Would that be ok? No? Ok then tell him to suck it up. It’s part of being a husband and a father.

5 Likes

Have your kids pick up the yard every day. Honestly it’s not that hard to mow around a swing set. I always moved mine every once in awhile to get it moved well. I don’t get this

2 Likes

Next time he complains go out there with short shorts and a halter top and say, " I’ll take care of it." Don’t forget the sun tanning lotion.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

I THINK you should ask the kids and let them keep them tidy if they want to keep them.

1 Like

Make the fucking kids clean the shit up before he mows. CANT SAY THIS LOUD ENOUGH. ““IF THEY CAN TEAR IT OUT THEY CAN PUT IT THE FUCK BACK!!”” N IF U CANT PUT IT BACK THEN DONT FUCKING TOUCH IT. A RULE MY KIDS KNOW THEY BETTER OBEY BY OR THEY CAN SAY BYE BYE TO THE BS IF I GOTTA PICK IT UP.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/what-would-you-do-if-your-husband-wanted-to-get-rid-of-kids-toys/12859

Dude needs counseling

1 Like

Sounds like you they don’t really use it or you have alot. Maybe get rid of a good amount of toys and work from there.

2 Likes

I don’t see the issue in moving toys out of the way to mow the grass. But then again I’m one of those people who has kids but hates clutter in the garden including toys so I’d personally have everything put away in a shed or something - obviously not something that can be easily done in a trailer.

3 Likes

Maybe you and the kids pick the toys up before he mows and save him some time? That’s what we do. Whoever isn’t mowing cleans the yard up to get it ready

21 Likes

Depends if they use them or not lol. If they do then he will have to suffer :joy: but if they don’t I don’t see any problem with getting rid of them.

Depending on your kids age make them pick them up before he mows thats what we do

3 Likes

You move the toys, he cuts the lawn. Pretty simple solution. Teamwork!

6 Likes

Me and the kids help move the toys. So much easier when there are helpers :blush:

1 Like

Do it yourself so the big baby isnt whining about it lol

5 Likes

Maybe you can pick them up and put in some type of box or something. Kids should be picking them up if there not playing w them

3 Likes

If your kids use it… leave it… if they dont get rid of it…

I mean I see both sides cause- fuck going around everything and then have it to get the Weedwhacker out to get the spots missed from going around against the items. But also it’s nice to have things for the kids to do/play on outside.
If you could do it no problem then go for it lol. Y’all can trade a chore. He does something inside that you usually do and you do the yard.

Maybe insulting him wasn’t the best approach. You catch more flies with honey. What about compromising on downsizing? Maybe get ur ass out there and help him move things out of his way. Insulting and putting him down is not the way to keep ur marriage healthy.

I say he’s just being an ass and doesn’t want to do the work. However, I can also see it being irritating if he is the only one doing yard work especially if some of the toys the kids don’t play with or rarely play with. Maybe both if you can sit down with the kids outside and decide if there are some toys that they don’t really use or want anymore that can be given up to make it less hectic on the dad. Compromise and see if it helps.

He can move it beforehand. Get a bin for outside toys for easier cleanup.

He’s the one cutting grass, don’t blame him for wanting too especially if they don’t use it as often anymore

2 Likes

Then mow the grass yourself. That shit is frustrating trying to mow around shit. At least go outside and clean up so your old man can mow. Sounds like you’re the lazy one.