When can PPD happen?

How long after birth can ppd happen the last few days have been very hard and I’m losing my mind. I have no one to talk to and I feel like I’m drowning. ( Postpartum depression)

34 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/when-can-ppd-happen/21542

PPD can pop up any time within the first 2 years.

3 Likes

I had post partum depression right after my traumatic birth of my daughter and it lasted over a year.

2 Likes

It set in about 3 weeks after my first!! Please reach out to a physician or me I’m here ill listen. Please Please let someone know.

Anytime after. I’m here for you to talk to.

I would encourage you to find a therapist, support groups and even a talk line to help you out. You could even go to your doctor and see if you need a medication or if they have any resources for you. Being a new mom is hard and depression is common. It’s awesome that you’re reaching out and recognizing you might need some help.

2 Likes

Girl Call your obgyn! They can get you help! I was so over protective her first month and totally exhausted from the obsessive worrying they immediately put me on medicine

Definitely go see someone… see if a family member or friend can help out a bit.

It can happen even up to a year or more after. I struggled with PPD & PPA. when my second was about 11 months old it started. Thinking of you.

I am right there with you hun… Different for everyone… :people_hugging:

Talk to your OB, please. You’re not alone and nothing is wrong with you. It’s okay to have help. Prayers

I think my dr said 2 years. Up until then I had a question form I had to fill out at my pediatricians office about my feelings.

Mine was immediate and severe. I was on meds for a year. For my second, my dr had me start taking meds (and doubled the dose) the night she was born. I was on those meds for 3 years - thanks to Covid and back to back hurricanes. Don’t be scared to talk to your doctor and get the help you need. I honestly didn’t understand why my doctor was so scared for me and why I was on meds until they fully started working and once i got off them. Take care of yourself. You got this!

1 Like

Anytime even before birth

I think it can hit anytime in the first 2 yrs…yay hormones…am I right :+1: … anyway. Go talk to a doc. No shame. No harm no foul. Weather it’s PPD or PPA or just regular D or regular A you deserve to feel better…so go treat yo self to some mental health care :heart::heart:

It can come into play and last into toddle-hood. Age 3 and before.

–As soon as I gave birth to my 1st born. I was scared they’d mix him up with someone else’s baby or harm him. I didn’t want them to take him out of the room at all. 3 days later they discharged us and let us go home. Fear sank into me on the drive home. I was scared out of my mind. Thoughts ran through my head nonstop. I was afraid for my son’s life. I was afraid of myself. I wasn’t sure if I would be a good enough mama. It’s such a huge responsibility to have the life of another being in my hands. I cried for 3 days and cried over everything… I confessed to an aunt who told me to contact my doctor immediately. I did and it helped soooo much!

Please, call your obgyn mama. They will help you. Don’t be afraid… being a mama isnt easy but its so rewarding. Things will fall into place on its own. Just try to enjoy your time with your baby. Take it one day at a time… don’t think too far ahead.

It’s going to be okay. You will be okay. Everything will be great, you’ll see. Give yourself time to heal. Have someone else babysit so you can take a break if needed. Its okay to ask for help. Afterall, it does take a village to raise a child. You’ll be okay mama.

My doctor told me that for as long as I’m breastfeeding my hormones won’t completely regulate so feelings can happen anytime. She said it can be up to 6 months after breastfeeding ends for hormones to go back to what they were before baby was born.

First 2 weeks is considered “baby blues” because of raging hormones. After that it’s PPD and it can start anytime between 2w pp and 2yr pp. I hope you feel better soon mama stay strong :yellow_heart:

Mine lasted 3 plus years with my oldest

Mine always started a few months after birth!

I got it with both kids. First time came on pretty quick. Second time took about a month or two then it set in pretty bad and I’m still dealing with it a year and half later.

I recommend talking to a dr to see someone for this and see if the dr can give you anything to help ease the feeling.

Also recommend finding some groups on fb specifically to help support for this kind of thing. I personally don’t have any to recommend in that way but definitely check it out and see if there’s a group or two that could be your support. You need a good support group hun. You got this!

1 Like

Reach out for help. Prayers for you.

Any time I had it horrible with all of my children a lot of it was mental !! I promise you it will stop and will go away this will not last forever !!

Days, weeks, months, years. Everyone is different. The situation has a lot to do with it as well.

I only had it with my first but I got ppd, ppa, and pp rage. Get rest, exercise, ask for help-schedule it weekly for someone to come sit for an hour or 2 so you can rest, shower, eat or go for a walk.

Remember babies cry to communicate since they can’t talk-it’s not personal, doesn’t always mean something bad and you are still their world!!

There is not set time period
For post natal depression
It can hit at any time
The same as some mom’s will
Experience the baby blues
Some mom’s don’t get the baby blues

I had it right after my daughter was born and honestly it lasted for about 2 years

Got mine after I finished breastfeeding

It can happen immediately. Please, PLEASE, talk to someone, anyone! Your doctor, a counselor, a friend, ANYONE!

See and talk to your Doctor.

Talk to your Dr! I started struggling about a year post partum and best thing I did was get help.

You have a beautiful baby go and get help now at your doctors

Never had any of these issues.

2 Likes

My little one is about to be 4 and I struggle with it sometimes. It’s definitely gotten better but it can last for years after having a baby and left untreated.

1 Like

If you need someone to talk to I’m here … mother of two 6 and 15 and lonely as well.

2 Likes

Please call your doctor asap for help! Protect yourself and your baby.

l Get paid over $107 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15698 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat912.pages.dev/

The first 2 weeks my doctor said it’s the blues, if you still feel down after 2 weeks you need to call your doctor and tell her

I think its up to the first like 2 years ? I’m not sure but it can definitely last a while

1 Like

Do not get prescribed ssris or your relationship with your husband will suffer

2 Likes

Get help! You cannot get yourself out of it. I didn’t get help with my first and it lasted a little over a year! With my first it took 6 months for me to get it. With my second I got it instantly after I had her.

1 Like

Mine is 5… and here I am. I had it bad when my 9yr old was born. And it went untreated until October of last year. Please talk to someone. It’s not fun

You know, I didn’t realize that I had ppd until years later when I looked back on my thinking at the time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve been told it can happen two years after you give birth, but honestly I don’t think there’s much of a time limit. You can also go a while without even realizing somethings off.

1 Like

One time it came at 6 months, a different time it came at 18 months. I’ve had it each time (5 kiddos). It does get better momma, hugs❤️

Call your doctor. I had bad PPD/anxiety and panic attacks with my first born. It started when he was like 3 months old and lasted a while. Get help, the sooner the better.

With my second child, I had no issues whatsoever.