When can you start baby on cows milk?

Shouldn’t be a problem at that age.

Homo milk would be best cause it’s got that thick texture to it

My son was on lactose free milk at 10 months. Ask your doctor if that is an OK substitute!

2 Likes

12 months is when the pediatrician told me my babies should be took off formula & introduced to cow milk

Talk to your doctor but it should be fine.

I never did cow milk… started mine on almond milk and coconut milk

1 Like

As long as theyre eating real food on the regular shell be fine!

1 Like

This can help transition to regular milk. It’s in the Mexican section at Walmart

1 Like

I would say the baby is probably fine with just regular foods. You don’t need to give cows milk, just water to drink.

2 Likes

I am not sure, but I remember when my children started whole milk, my grandmother and mother always told me to put 1 tablespoon Karo syrup in an 8 Oz bottle of milk.

1 Like

Goats milk is a good choice and is available at several stores in my area so hopefully it is in your area too. If you have a Kroger they should have it

We start transitioning at 11 months with our daughter. Tapered the formula down and the milk up. This is what her doctor recommended. So I’d imagine your 11.5 month old will be just fine to start transitioning to regular milk.

After 1 year old milk isn’t a necessity at all as long as she’s eating well. I have 5 daughters and all were off formula by age 1 and never drank milk at all they only drink water.

2 Likes

11 1/2 months is old enough but the also sell toddler milk that might help

1 Like

5 boys an all at 10 months I start the transition

Hi started at soon as the whole short it started but she was already 11 a little over 11 months but you can do lactose-free you could do almond milk coconut milk it doesn’t have to be cow milk

You can give them 3% milk and feeding them baby food!

9 months you can introduce homogenized

Your pediatrician would be the one to ask this question too

2 Likes

My doc told me at 1 year I’m sure a couple weeks won’t hurt. I’d go ahead.

1 Like

My health visitor said to start at 11 months so you should be OK x

Yes most kids make the transition at that time if you have any formula left mix half and half to help with the transition.

Get canned evaporated milk (using a clean 1 quart bottle pour the whole can in and add enough cool boiled water to make a quart then add 1 tablespoon of Karo to this put on a lid and mix. This is an old fashioned formula that I raised all my children on after I finished breast feeding them for several months and had to go back to work. I am 90 and I know this works fine as I told my daughter about it and she raised my grandson on it too, his pedeatrician asked where she got that old formula from and agreed it was great’

2 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt, back in the day they started them 6months and up and sometimes even earlier! Just make sure u buy the vitamin supplement to go into it till he or she is 12months!

I started at 11 months here and there. Worked great. By 11.5 months we started taking away one bottle a day. By 12 months she was rocking and rolling without a bottle.

Please consult with your Doctor! Do not go off of anyones advise for different milk. Your child could have a reaction.

2 Likes

My daughter was allergic to everything when she was this age. In desperation the only thing left to try was cows milk straight from the grocery store. Honey, it worked! I was never so shocked in my entire life. Absolutely no spitting g up at all. Nine of that terrible pickiest sour smell. I kept her on it from them on and she began growing g and doing like she was supposed to do!! Honey, try it and see what happens. She has to eat… I will pray that this is your answer in the name of Jesus! Amen!!!

Yes you can also feed her baby food and real food

There is a reason why babies are still supposed to have the extra support

11.5 months is so close to 12 months that it’s fine

My daughter just started her almost 11 month old son on vitamin D milk. No formula in sight. He eats very well and just wants a bottle when he is tired. No problems he takes it well. Was gonna switch at 12 months anyway. He also get water. He is very healthy he needs his vitamins so dr said D milk in moderation

You can actually start the transition to whole milk at 11 months.

Try almond or goat’s milk, mine was lactose intolerant

Milk is better than nothing :woman_shrugging:if it were me I’d do the switch. This formula shortage is so sad :sob:

11 months is fine. As long as you’ve started solids so she’s getting other nutrients from fruits and veggies you are just fine.

I started doing half milk half formula at 11 months and then by 12 months full milk. But I also did blw so my kids were mostly just eating everything we ate by then

What formula do you use?

Almost a year old should be fine.

You can start her on milk now it’s
Safe

1 Like

Mine was drinking whole milk by then. But if you are afraid you can put the child on carnation canned milk until you are a little more comfortable with the cows milk. When my son was infant size all formulas made him so sick he couldn’t drink any of it. My pediatrician at the time said to put him on carnation canned milk and he did just beautifully!! And it was a ton cheaper!!

1 Like

my sons twins started drinking cows milk at 10 months not because of formula shortage but because they wouldnt drink the formula anymore and it didnt hurt them and at 12 months they can start drinking cows milk anyway so it shouldnt hurt her

I gave my son 2% milk at 1 yo.

1 Like

Start with goat’s milk, it is closer in protein to mother’s milk. About 4 weeks and slowly add cow’s milk checking for tolerance. Starting cow’s milk too early can lead to allergies later in life. Around the one year mark is fine.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s fine. I would just double check with her doctor first.

2 weeks probably won’t make a difference. At 11.5 months old I definitely think whole cows milk is better than nothing. I would do it as well if I was in your position. IF you have formula mix some in but if not I really think you’re going to be okay :heart:

I was told I can transition at 11 months. My breast milk dried up and I ran out of frozen around 11 months with my 5th and her doctor told me it was OK to give cows milk and just complete the transition.

I think it would be fine, just check with your child’s doctor

Yes 11 months, that’s when the Dr put mine on.

She’s close enough to a year I think it’d be okay. Generally you start at a year according to WIC and my pediatrician

11 months is safe, my son was approved by his pediatrician at 11 months. Just call baby’s doctor and make sure that they don’t have any concerns or reasons why not. :gift_heart:

Around 11.5 months I started slowly introducing whole milk to my kiddos. I just kept an eye on them- ya never know.

10 months was when mine was switched at daycare

cows milk is ok at 11 months as long as it is whole milk.

We’ve never done cows milk, I never will.

2 Likes

My doctor started my first on homo milk at 9 months and she’s 7 now. Planning on doing the same with my second. She’s 5 months now

I had to put my son on milk at 6 months … He Couldn’t digest formula… I diluted it slightly with water…He was just fine …

Goats milk is better for babies as cow protein is harder for them to digest

3 Likes

My daughters doctor gave us the ok to start the transition at 11 months. If she does ok with whole milk, great if not, blend with formula until she’s fully transitioned.

I started my 11 month old on cows milk for the same reason. She’s doing so good on it!

i started all mine on milk at 11monts to transition. id say its safe

Cows milk is fine at that age but you need to make sure they are getting more of the vitamins and minerals they are missing from the formula

Goat milk or soy milk or almond milk is better options

1 Like

Mine went straight from me to whole milk around 8-10 months depending on when they weaned themselves from me. Never any problems

No milk is not too early at that age, just depends on the child and if they’re sensitive to it or not.
There is other milk options like oat or almond or soy…
And besides milk through the day they can have 100% juice but half and half with water…

You can start to mix formula with milk to get the digestive system to handle the milk

I started mine 3 weeks before his 1st bday which I had just ended my last container of formula and the shortage was slowly starting. Your baby will be fine on cow milk. The last 4 weeks doesn’t make a difference. Plus you have some pediatrician that recommends cow milk starting at 9 months. Talk to your pediatrician regardless of what others say and go with what you think is best for your baby.

1 Like

Ask your pediatrician

1 Like

My ped said it was cool at 11 mo

1 Like

Why can’t you try almond, or oat, or goat milk? Have they done any studies.

Watch carefully how they react- my daughter I had to gradually transition the milk mixed with formula so her bowels weren’t runny. I think I did 1/4 milk with 3/4 formula then gradually 1/2 and 1/2 then 1/4 formula to mostly milk then full milk.

We started transitioning at 11

1 Like

I slowly transitioned my son at 11- 12 months so im sure she will be fine

I did my youngest child.

I would go ahead and switch but maybe add a multivitamin. But just to be safe you can always check with your pediatrician.

It’s not too early. I was giving my oldest dairy king before he was 1

They don’t need cows milk, ever.
Goat milk is a better option.

We do oatmilk or almond milk, but mostly water. And just make sure nutrition is well balanced.

Ask your doctor but 12 months is the standard.

1 Like

Speak to her doctor, but generally they can start cow’s milk at 1 year. I’m sure the doctor would be okay starting her a little early, given the circumstances.

I believe most pediatricians will recommend around 12 months. I started my son on cows milk about 2 weeks early because that’s when we used up the last of our formula (about 3 years ago) and he was perfectly fine. You should be totally fine at 11.5 months, but I would recommend calling your pediatrician just to be sure. None of us knows your little one as well as you or her doctor. Good luck Mama :heart:

6 months they can have cows milk

1 Like

we slowly started 11 months Dr was ok with it by the time 1 fully off it. whatever you have left if you have any just slowly mix it would help the transition.

Cows milk is ok at that age. Just make sure she is eating enough and a verity of solids to insure proper vitamins and calories. If she has a sensative tummy try goats milk

1 Like

As long as it is whole milk, it should be fine. You could also try goats milk as well if you’re in a pinch. However, if transitioning to cow’s milk, baby may become constipated a little until their bodies get familiarized with breaking down the protein’s.

With the wide variety of comments here, consult your pediatrician and just try different things. Each child is unique in their body’s tolerance for various foods. It’s often a trial-and-error until you find what works. Even then, that can change over time. Parenting is by principle first, then adjustments within those parameters. :pray::heart::+1:

3 Likes

You can go ahead at that age girl

I started my son on whole milk at 6 months. He was eating baby food & cereal too . He done so much better on the whole milk. No spitting up or stomach gas.

1 Like

I gave my kids early like around 6mos

2 Likes

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 18704 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://dollarproject11.pages.dev/

Almond milk is probably better though… I try to stick to that in our home

I would suggest oat milk or almond milk it’s easier on little tummies

3 Likes

We were in the same boat, 11.5 months and couldn’t find her formula anywhere so we went ahead and switched. She had an upset tummy from the abrubt switch but is doing great now!

1 Like

I transitioned mine at 10 months also eating small table foods like mashed taters and soft foods like that!! Not one problem at all! I did this with all 3 of mine and my oldest is now 13 and healthy as ever! As well as my 9 and 2 year old!

1 Like

I would ask the baby’s Doctor this question.

2 Likes

Yes will be fine just mix with water xx

I started my daughter at 11 months. Ask your pediatrician

1 Like

I had to start my son on whole milk at 11 months. There was NO formula at all in my area and none that was available for shipping either.

Most pediatricians recommend 12 months. I would go ahead and give your pedi a call, they will more than likely give the okay since baby is close to 12 months.

1 Like

No it’s not too early but there are better options than cows milk

1 Like

My son was around 11½-12 months. I’d say it’s fine, but consult with your pediatrician to be sure. Every baby is different.

2 Likes

Not to early just use whole milk they need the fat in whole milk for the brain once told by my doctor I took my girls off at 6months

4 Likes