When can you wear tampons after giving birth?

When did you start wearing tampons again after giving birth? I hate the feeling of pads…

15 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When can you wear tampons after giving birth?

I’d wait till 6 weeks minimum. More than just blood is going to come out. It’s nasty but just let it flow for a bit. I’m 3years pp and it still feels weird and I usually can’t

1 Like

Cups would be more sanitary and less likely to harbor bacteria. Wait atleast a few weeks. Better question for a Dr then fb

1 Like

6-8 weeks when your uterus is healed.

I didn’t get my period for months after both births so I wore tampons both times for them and was fully healed. Postpartum bleeding can last up to 12 weeks so I’d wear pads until then at least. It’s bad to have anything inside you until your healed.

1 Like

Wait until after your 6 week appointment when you’ve been cleared by your doctor!

8 Likes

At least 6 weeks. Wait until your doctor gives the ok.

4 Likes

No. Listen to your doctors. They even tell you ABSOLUTELY NO TAMPONS OR ANYTHING IN THE VAGINA FOR 6-8 WEEKS.

Tampons are for periods not post partum bleeding. For lots of reasons.

4 Likes

Invest in period panties. I hate the feel of pads and after giving birth tampons just didn’t feel the same anymore.

1 Like

Not til you actually start your period, never before 6-8 weeks when your doctor clears you.

2 Likes

I haven’t worn a tampon since my second was born 6 1/2 years ago, idky but ever since having him it’s been super uncomfortable for me. But I’d say after the 6 weeks is up you could wear them again.

1 Like

I’m 3weeks PP and my Dr said nothing internal until minimum 6 weeks PP but max 8 weeks PP.

2 Likes

After my doctor cleared me at my 6 week checkup

2 Likes

6 weeks + depending on when doctor clears to you resume normal activities. Until then nothing should be going up there

1 Like

After the postpartum bleeding.

1 Like

Did your doctor not discuss this with you? They should have! You need to wait at least six weeks til you see your doctor again.

3 Likes

6 weeks :tired_face: Good luck those those were the worst 6 weeks for me to I don’t do pads

1 Like

When your doctor says you can but try not too, bad for you. :heart:

1 Like

I was told it could cause infection & not to use them at least until after 6wk check up.

2 Likes

Well they said to wait 6 weeks to put a penis in ya… so I would assume 6 weeks :rofl::rofl:

You can’t for 6-8 weeks minimum but I recommend always flex foam pads. They are so much better than normal ones

3 Likes

6-8 weeks. Postpartum bleeding, & having your period, are two completely different things.

4 Likes

waited till after the doctor cleared me at my 6 week postpartum check up.

1 Like

Nothing should be inserted until after your 6 week check up due to the high risk of infection. Youll also be looking for anything strange happening …bad smell, clots etc…so put up with the pads

5 Likes

After you’re completely healed and get the okay from your obgyn after your 6 week postpartum check.

3 Likes

Typically once your doctor has cleared you. You don’t want to start using tampons before then because after birth, there is a lot of clothing and your body is cleaning itself out. Using a tampon hinders all of that from passing out of your body.

2 Likes

I hate pads too I wore the thin panties for incontinence after birth instead lmao I think you’re clear after 6 weeks

2 Likes

You definitely can’t use them for your postpartum bleeding, and your period should start late enough that you’d be in the clear to use them…but I’m 7.5 months pp and just started being able to use them again. Until this last period, my body hadn’t settled back enough; unless my flow was really heavy, my body would just push them out. It sucked because I hate pads too lol.

1 Like

Guessing it’s same as sex 6 weeks :sweat_smile: I’ve had 4 kids and can’t remember how long I wanted to use tampons again :woman_shrugging:t3:

I heard not for 6 weeks I would ask your Dr though

1 Like

Not right away. You should wait till the doctor says it’s ok. At least not till he gives you the ok to get frisky again.

2 Likes

Once postpartum bleeding is done and you have a normal period. Usually 8 weeks.

1 Like

At least after getting clearance from your doctor at your six week appointment since there’s a giant internal wound that is very susceptible to infection

1 Like

Probably like 6 weeks

2 Likes

Switch to the underwear. I bought depends for postpartum and it was the best thing I did

4 Likes

Once your doctor has seen you at 6 weeks post-partum

4 Likes

Not before 6-8weeks when your doctor clears you. Putting anything in your vagina even a tampon will leave you at very high risk for an infection, you have a wound the size of a dinner plate in your abdomen that needs time to heal that is why they recommend no intercourse for the first 6-8 weeks until your doctor has cleared you. BUT we are not doctors if you are even considering it you should call your doctor & ask them! Best of luck to you​:heartpulse::heartpulse:

8 or so weeks after. BTW, depends are a game changer.

2 Likes

Don’t stick anything in there

4 Likes

My first period after baby, I only used pads. The next period, I only used pads as well just to be safe.
The third period after baby, I used tampons.

Just whenever you feel comfortable or ask your doctor.

2 Likes

I remember it being about a month (30 days) before I did

Never before 6 weeks, nothing inserted.

2 Likes

After one week for me

1 Like

Period panties are great.

3 Likes

After you see dr and they clear you

2 Likes

cash making online home based job to earns extra $500 every single day. start getting paid every week last week i have made $4765 and i gave this job just 2 hrs from my whole busy day. so easy and simple work to do. if you know how to run FB then you can do this job. Details here.

https://jobznet166.pages.dev/

Please ask your doctor at you 6 week check up. Only they can give you proper advice.

1 Like

For me I waited until I got my official period back around 4 months. I tried around 5 weeks because I still had PP bleeding and I was annoyed and it felt like literal fire upon insertion. I wasn’t ready and trying anyway caused me a lot of pain.

1 Like

I didn’t even have a period for about 10 weeks. And then it was too heavy for me to feel comfortable with a tampon. And even after that it was uncomfortable.
But then I discovered the diva cup (menstural cup - I got a 2 cup set from Amazon) and it was amazing. You don’t feel it, it lessens the pain, and it’s only one-time cost.

1 Like

Hello👋 The most successful plan of life is investment, I don’t only depend on monthly income. Coming across Mr. Joshua Bunker was a blessing to me, because it was difficult to find someone reliable and trustworthy as him. All he cares about is trying all his possible best to enable you achieve all your set out goals. My financial breakthrough came through from his good work. I appreciate you Mr. Joshua Bunker. Click on the link below to get started.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Wait until after your 6 week checkup. Any tissue (or whatever) left from the birth will need to come out.

What if you had a c section?

You can’t for natural and c section births.

They say 6-8 weeks. Or mostly when you’re clear for sex. But period panties are a game changer!

I started my period a month after my son was born and wore tampons. I don’t like wearing pads either.

Nothing inserted for 6 weeks. The last thing you want is an infection

I’m happy that I didn’t ignore the opportunity to become a winner from Natasha Galina, I gave listening ears to her mentorship and got my profits without stress, I appreciate your tireless efforts :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Olgusya Girbova I’m so happy I met this kind hearted woman she is the best and legit​:heavy_check_mark: account manager I have ever seen :100::chart_with_upwards_trend::bar_chart:

I promise to share this wonderful and Awesome testimony with every soul.:writing_hand::writing_hand::writing_hand:
Thank you once more may God continue to guide, Bless and give up wisdom in all aspect of life :heart:

Successful All thanks to you Mrs Olgusya platform sorry my testimony came late, Am so happy to be a part of your trading platform am forever grateful to you…since I started trading with you. Your platform haven’t failed me before Am so grateful for that​:pray::pray::pray:, May God continue to bless you and your family :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I want to say thank you for all your support, advice and continuous encouragement even when I was too weak to take actions, I lost hope entirely thinking I can get paid but just to my biggest surprise my Bitcoin wallet )was over flooded. What a Kind Woman you are ?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Good account manager like Mrs Olgusya Gribova, am proud to say I’m among the people benefiting online trading, my gratitude to Mrs Olgusya Gribova for helping me achieve all my dreams in life. She helped me recover all the money I lost. Today I’m living in my own apartment, doing things I was not able to do. Who ever that is reading this should contact Mrs Olgusya and be free from pains. Join her with the link
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

My life has changed since I meet Mrs Olgusya Gribova a binary trade manager online, I just give a try to invest with her platform, I can’t believe my life has just change, u can invest with her she pay on time, you will also share your testimony contact Redirecting... on the name below.:point_down:
‪Olgusya.Gribova301

It was a wonderful experience trading Crypto with Mrs Olgusya Gribova indeed you’ve change my financial status, earning a massive amount within a month of trading. I recommend Ma’am Olgusya Gribova for your investment
:arrow_down::arrow_down:

Thank you Olgusya, you are legit your company is the best my dreams come true