When do babies sleep through the night?

My 1 year old is not sleeping through the night. We are trying to ween her off a bottle right now she only has bottle at night time. Thank you

7 Likes

My childā€™s 3 and has never slept threw the night. Iā€™m gonna say itā€™s pretty normalšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

4 Likes

My breastfeeding 13 month old still wakes up 4-6 times a night- according to his Pediatrician this is fairly common. It SUCKSā€¦ but isnā€™t abnormal. I get threw it by telling myself this phase wonā€™t last forever and when heā€™s older Iā€™ll miss all these extra cuddles I get now.

Oatmeal/rice cereal at night. Idk if you have baby doing solids :woman_shrugging:t2: but I was a nanny for barely 2 year old twins and mom gave them bowls of oatmeal at bedtime and those kids slept through the night (unless they were sick). I didnā€™t do that with my firstborn, but you better believe I will when my second starts eating real food. I couldnā€™t believe how great of sleepers those twins were.

Its normal for kids to not sleep through the night. Especially whe trying to weenā€¦ but eliminating naps might help a little.

My 18m old son has never slept through the night and still has between 2 and 4 bottles a night. I tried to wean with water and he just screams. Hes well fed too so i just give him the bottles

I may not be any help cause my son who is 3 now has been sleeping through the night since he was 3 months old but I hope u find a way that helps everyone get a good night sleep

You are not asking a question ā€¦ anyway , my son is 2.5years and i still have to wake up 5times at night .

My daughter is 16 months and still wakes up 1-2 times a night. Itā€™s normal. They will sleep through the night when theyā€™re ready :blush:

My daughter is 2 Nd sleeps through the nightā€¦ She might wake up and grab her paci if it falls out her mouth but thats itn. Its not like she gets up forban hour or nothing. And as for the bottle. I just took hers one day and gave her a cup. She sleeps with her cup and paciā€¦

Sheā€™s mad youā€™re taking that bottle lol. Sheā€™ll be ok and she will sleep when she gets used to it šŸ’ until then shorten her naps (donā€™t take them away) and keep her up after 4pmā€¦my kids go to bed at 730 and they always have. I sleep trainedā€¦ I love sleep and I needed them to love sleep lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m 34 and still donā€™t sleep through the night. My almost2 year old still doesnā€™t sleep through the night

Well my son turned one on the 29th and he has been sleeping through the night for quite some time. I started doing half n half milk n formula with bottle n i was introducing more milk n now he only gets his milk with meals no more bottle and I donā€™t give him a bottle before bed I gave him a nice big dinner, new diaper n i let him play a little bit before bedā€¦ n he went to bed around same time every night some kids are different just gotta find what helps. But sadly because every kid is different it is very tough I hope u figure it out! Took me awhile to get my son on a good routine

Join the club? None of my kids slept through the night at that age. My youngest are twins that will be 3 in March and wake 1-2 times a night on average. Older siblings were sleeping through the night by 4 for the most part.

1 Like

If she has teeth, the only bottle she should be getting in bed is water. Our ped. had us water down milk little by little until itā€™s just water. Too much milk makes them constipated and also causes tooth decay. You should also probably start replacing bottles with non-spill sippies at this point. My son is on a routine, unlike my daughter, where he eats dinner, goes to bed at 7:30 or 8, and usually wakes up only once for a diaper change. Sometimes we have to give him a drink to get him to go back to sleep after that, but oftentimes he just fusses for a few minutes and falls right back asleep. I used to keep him up later thinking it would make him sleep later, but no. Earlier is better and he sleeps much longer. Good luck!

My question was how to get my 1 year old to sleep.

Works like a charm every time!

We sleep trained. It was glorious. Our almost 2 year old has slept through the night since 10 months. As for the bottles. We stopped cold Turkey at 1. She can have a cup of milk at meals and takes a cup of water to bed.

Idk, my littlest has been sleeping all night since 2 months n shes almost a year n a half now. Havent gotten rid of the bottle yet tho

My youngest did the same thing. Neurologist reccomended this book. It worked; in two weeks she was sleeping through the night. It was a rough two weeks but it worked.

My oldest didnā€™t start sleeping through the night until he was 6! If you figure out the magic trick, let me know so I can use it for the other kiddos! :wink: hang in there Mamma!!

1 Like

She has reached an age where she is requiring less sleep
Wake her up when you get up .One nap only.No sugary snacks including juice priar to bedtime
Warm bath maybe some rocking

My daughter didnā€™t start sleeping through the night till after 18 months :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine is 2.5 still doesnā€™t sleep thru the night. Some just donā€™t.

I read the best article online for a young child not sleeping through the night. I was getting frustrated because my second son would wake up every single night. Anyhow, the tip was whenever you go to bed, gently move your child but do not wake them completely. It helps their sleep cycle. I was stunned when it actually worked! It was a blessing. Good luck! :relaxed: