When do babies start walking?

10.5 months
13 months

Every child is unique and will reach each miilestone at their own pace. Key word here is ā€˜paceā€™ not race! Iā€™ve been a early childhood teacher for 10years so believe me when I say all children are different and it isnā€™t a competition to do things first. Some children donā€™t crawl and go straight from rolling to pulling self up on furniture to walking! If your child is meeting other Milestoneā€™s, is happy and healthy then there is no reason to be concerned. See your gp or well health nurse to discuss your childā€™s Milestoneā€™s in relation to walking. Xx

1 Like

My son was 8 months when he started

My son didnā€™t start walking till after he turned 1 my daughter was walking right before she turned 1

My oldest at 10 months my 2nd 11 months and my 3 6 days before turning one

14 months with my first and around 16 months for my second

My daughter started at 13 months. Babies take their own time, get to worried go to his pediatrician

Lots of kids donā€™t walk until after they are one, but if heā€™s not crawling I would be concerned. Get a developmental assessment

14 months for oldestā€¦ 13 months for youngestā€¦

14 months for my firstā€¦and im pretty sure my second will walk late

My son never crawled went straight to walking! Kids are different.

my daughter is crawling like a champ now and she just turned 6 months and wanting to walk now

1 Like

My daughter is 5 months and not crawling yet, she gets plenty of tummy time too. Just give it time

My frst iyr could walk lke to crawl.

My son started pulling up on things at 8 months and was running at 9 :neutral_face:
My boyfriendā€™s son started walking at exactly a year old

Doctors said they average age is 15 months and so they dont start getting concerned until 15 or 16 months

1 Like

My daughter was almost 2 and my son started walking around 14ish months.

13 most 13 mos. And 15 mos

7 and a half months for my daughter and 8 months for my son. Thereā€™s no need to worry. When he is ready to walk. He will walk

11 months 2 weeks before their first birthdays (3 kids )

About 14 to 15 months for my girl.

Every baby is different and develops at different rates my first stated crawling at 10 months and walking at 14 months, my second didnā€™t start crawling until 13 months and walking at 16 months, and my third and youngest started crawling at 6 months and walking at 12 months

8 months old. But she never did crawl.

My son is in PT, & walking is not a concern until they are 16-18 months old; however, the crawling is an issue. I would talk to pediatrician about it.

My mom didnā€™t walk until she turned four!!!My kids by nine months Each is so different :purple_heart:

14 months when my little girl started walking. 4 now. And runs as fast as a cheetah.

Be careful rushing things, and let it happen when it does. My oldest practically skipped crawling and had to have some physical therapy for a fibe motor skill delay because her shoulders didnt have enough time to strengthen. Every baby is different, focus on and encaurage good ways of play to encourage strength gain first and those milestones come naturally

My first didnā€™t crawl until 9 monthsā€¦ very late. He was more of an observer. Then he atarted pulling up on things, trying to stand om his own. Now he is 11 months on the dot and trying to hold things and walk. Super cute.

my daughter samena started running @ 9 month i only hope that my grandchildren slow her down

My son started walking at 13 months

oldests 13 mths, 2nd about 9mths and 3rd about the same as the 1stone

My son started walking when he was 22 years old

9-10 months is when my daughter started

10 months on his own. My nephew was one when he was walking

9mos, 7mos, 8mos, 11mos, 7mos

10 months walking boy

My daughter didnā€™t start until right after her 1st birthday.

My oldest started walking at 13 months my youngest son started at 10 months

Took her first steps 2 days before her first birthdayā€¦ not actively walking until a month after

As long as itā€™s by 2. Thatā€™s when they consider it delay. You could always bring it up with pediatrician, they might suggest pt.

One day shy of 16mo. And he has t been still since. They know when theyā€™re ready!!

Some are slower.just when you are up hold his hands and help him walk

My oldest didnā€™t start walking till he was a year and a month old. My youngest was walking at 9 months because he wanted to be where his brother was.

Does he do tummy time?

A couple of weeks after her 1st birthday.

10 months my son started walking, he 14 months now and getting into everything lol

My daughter was 1 and my son did at 10 months

Every kid is different. I had one walk at 9 months and Another not til 14 15 months. If your worried have early intervention take a look at your baby and they can tell you better what to do to help him or her walk and how your baby is doing milestone wise.

4 days before she turned 13 months she started walking.

My was son 8.5 months old but he wasnā€™t very balanced.

My daughter walked at 9 months and my son started crawling and pulling himself at 7 months

My first born never crawled but walked at 9 months. My second born started crawling around 9 months and walked at 12 months.

Both of my kids were over one before they they walked

My daughter turned one in December 2017, she sidnt start walking til the day before Easterā€¦no worries it will happen soon

My oldest didnā€™t walk til 15 months. I was five months pregnant and convinced Iā€™d be carrying around a toddler and newborn :rofl:

My daughter started walking at 10 months and crawling at 6 months. Every baby is different though.

Mine was 9 months when he started stepping unassisted, 10 months he was running around the house. It was then that I knew I was screwed lol

My son walked at almost 16 months

10months, I did a lot of floor time throughout the day

Do exercises that can build muscle in babies legs and stomach:) he will walk when he is ready. :slightly_smiling_face:

My baby is 15 months and just really now picked it up. It takes time for them to build up muscles. Even just standing around for them helps

1 Like