When does wanting a baby stop?

If you understood climate change, you would have only 2 children.

3 Likes

So you were born to give birth to other people? Get real. What if all your kids grow up to hate you? Get a life.

3 Likes

Are you rich enough to pay for college, pay the mortgage down payment and first car note for all your 3 kids? If your answer is NO then work harder, get richer and give your 3 kids a good life.

1 Like

Wish I knew. Its been almost 4 years since my husband crushed my dream of 1 more (ok and my body was not having itā€¦ but he said no IVF)ā€¦ some days Iā€™m great, others Iā€™m sad about the lack of. I try to remember I am incredibly blessed with my 3 sons where others have noneā€¦ pray about it. Talk about it.

are those 3 normal and healthy, count your blessings.

Youā€™ll have grandkids before know it they will yours with extra umph

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When does wanting a baby stop? - Mamas Uncut

None stay little for long. They all grow up. 3 is a good number. Enjoy them

I felt the same way, Iā€™ve got a 10 year old, twin 9 year olds, and a 7 year old. They donā€™t need me as much anymore. We became foster parents last year. Our age group is under 2 years old. Iā€™ve had one Placment so far and it was amazing.

9 Likes

3 is a great number Iā€™m sure you get to give each kid the time,love, attention and support they need. Things happen for a reason maybe it could be a time to foster a little baby who needs some of that love you have in abundance :two_hearts:

1 Like

Iā€™m 51, hysterectomy, 4 grown kids. I divorced after 4 kids, 35 + years.
Between us, 8 kids. But we both want a baby, now. My want, doesnā€™t stop. But, we decided that, 8 kids, and all the grandbabies (future) is enough. And Iā€™m good with that!

1 Like
2 Likes

I donā€™t think ever completely like we have 3 and my youngest is 3.5 and I 100%know im done and I got fixed but once in awhile I get sad and wish I could have one more THEN my 3.5 yr old shows me no the hell I donā€™t. Lol

I have a 6 year old and a 10 day old. I struggled with infertility and miscarriages for years, hence the gap in ages.

My 6 year old daughter was born with liver disease and needed a transplant, that doesnā€™t 100% fix the problem as she will struggle the rest of her life, we almost lost her on several occasions.

My son who was born just 10 days ago via emergency C-Section because of cord prolapse, cord wrapped around his neck, and my placenta ruptured, almost died as well as myself as I hemorrhaged and lost so much blood.

Me and my husband made the decision that we cannot do it again as itā€™s just been too much on us. My daughter spent and still spends so much time in the hospital for complications from transplant, my son spent 5 days in the NICU on a ventilator and had to have a chest tube, then spent 2 more days in the NICU to make sure he could breathe on his own without any supportive oxygen.

I hope at times that one more miracle would happen and we could have another baby, I really donā€™t want this to be my last, but at the same time, what if we donā€™t get lucky next time and our baby dies, or both of us do. I donā€™t think we will ever stop grieving that our last is truly our last.

6 Likes

I have a 16 yr old an a 11 n 12 yr old ā€¦tubes tied ( not by choice) still want another baby but I canā€™t Iā€™m happy with my babies I love them with all my heart my 16 yr old daughter doesnā€™t live with us my 12 yr old daughter wants a sister sheā€™s got two step but their grown which her wanting a sister doesnā€™t help I believe things happen for a reason n Iā€™m blessed so mo feel blessed n like another parent said maybe adopt a baby so many lost kids out there that need love Iā€™m sure itā€™d b almost the same as your own :heart:good luck n blessings

I have almost 10 almost 7 and 4 year old. I will never get over not having more kids. Never.
My husband and I made the choice when I was pregnant and he got a vasectomy during pregnancy. I hadnā€™t left the hospital with her before I knew we messed up.
In July 2020 I had an ablation for issues that didnā€™t work and each month I still get a period and cry over not having another ever.

Consider fostering. That kind of love you have for children is just what is needed to begin healing all of those broken little hearts. You have such an amazing gift to give to these little ones.

1 Like

I have 5 boys. I had my tubes tied 10 years ago, divorced my husband and remarried a few years ago and my clamps fell off and Iā€™m 34 years old going to fix my half grown back tube! I never got over not being done. Baby fever has always been here. I miscarried in 2019 and 2021 that left me devastated. Maybe talk to your husband and see what yall can do. Pray about it! I will pray with you!

I donā€™t think itā€™s something you ever fully get over. You will always feel that need. I just try to tell myself that I have two beautiful, healthy children that I have more time to devote to than if there were 3. Look forward to grandchildren one day as well!

1 Like

Never for some. Iā€™m 49 and Iā€™d have another in a heartbeat

1 Like

Speaking from my own experience, I feel like having the ability to have babies taken from you defeminizes you in a way. I struggled with these same feelings after baby #2 and my decision to have my tubes tied. I 100% did not want any more kids, but still struggled with the reality that I was making a permanent decision. Wellllā€¦my dr was unable to perform the tubal due to extensive scar tissue and I thought to myself maybe God knows something I donā€™t and I am meant to have one more. That was 2 years ago and I am now 29 weeks with #3, at age 39. Iā€™m certain that it all worked out for a reason. I am truly sorry for your situation, and I know it being out of your control is even more frustrating.

Hugs yes you will grieve that you arenā€™t able to have another and thatā€™s okay. Take the time to grieve it. During infertility and thinking I would never be a mom I opened up a Dayhome for 4 and under and those kids filled my heart so so much. It was exactly what I needed. After 2 years we adopted and was the best gift ever. Follow your heart whether thatā€™s a Dayhome, volunteering at your youngest childā€™s school or adoption or fostering or a baby cuddler at ur local hospital. But please take the time you need to grieve. Itā€™s not easy and no one understands what itā€™s like until they are in that situation :two_hearts:

1 Like

Get a job at a day care!

Its ok to grieve your miscarriage. Its ok to grieve not having number 4. These are real feelings to have. Especially when its not going according to your plan. Its sucks but feel the feelings before moving on.
Fostering or adoption are options to seriously to look into if you feel thats a choice and husband/partner (?) (Or just you) is on board with the idea too.
Iā€™m not sure with COVID restrictions, but some hospitals use to have volunteers for holding babies in the nicu. Perhaps thatā€™s a choice too?
See this new chapter of kids indepence as a chance to do a hobby for you. Crafting your thing? Book club? Volunteer in town?
Are kids involved in anything you can help with?

1 Like

Respect goes along way.
When your partner says theyā€™re done having kids RESPECT THAT.
That doesnā€™t mean go out and adopt. That doesnā€™t mean have some procedures done to make pregnancy happen. It means you respect his wishes that he is done having children. If you canā€™t do that then leave.

3 Likes

Shit I have 4 kids and wished I stopped at 2. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m 48 with a 30, 16, 14, 10,and 2 year old. My last three are adopted as I had to have a hysterectomy 6 months before my 10 year old was born, my 14 year old I am in the process of adopting through foster care, and the two year old was a complete surprise adoption (I was asked at 2pm if I would adopt her and by 3pm I was bringing her home). The crazy thing isā€¦I still want one more. I donā€™t think that feeling ever goes away once your babies are no longer in the baby stage.

2 Likes

There are plenty of kids out there that need love if you and other half is up for it .

We always wanted a 3rd child so we became foster parents and itā€™s hard but so rewarding. Our second placement was a 4 month old little girl who had spent her entire life in the NICU and fast forward 18 months and our adoption is almost final

3 Likes

Have you ever considered adopting, thatā€™s something that Iā€™ve always consider, I have three of my own. When I married my husband and I werenā€™t sure how many kids we wanted, but I did know I wanted to one day to adopt. I can no longer have anymore children. Im ok with that because I want to give that opportunity to someone to feel all the love :two_hearts: we still have to give.

You can have my 18 and 16 year boys. I bet you would reconsider after that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go work in a daycare. You get to love on babies and go home.

4 Likes

Iā€™m right here with you! My husband was fixed years ago. We have 3 kids, ages 22, 14, & 10. I turn 40 this month and my baby clock is on max. I yearn for another child. My husband said he isnā€™t going to get reversed and looks forward to our years together traveling once the kids are grown. Iā€™m like ā€œbut I donā€™t want to be alone with you!ā€ Lol, half kidding because I canā€™t see myself without little kids.
I keep telling myself one day our oldest will her married and we will have grand babies.

1 Like

Celebrate who you are and the wonderful children you have. I do understand your feeling. We adopted our third and only girl. I say Celebrate because you want your children to know they are just what you want. You can transfer that thought of you not having that fourth to them as they are not good enough. Sometimes choices are made for us. Sometimes we donā€™t see them as a blessing. Embrace every day, event, bedtime story, and hug with each child.

1 Like

Get a few puppies it worked for me lol

You sound like you have a loving heart. Have you ever thought of fostering? There are so many kids that need love in their life.

3 Likes

This is probably going to sound so, so stupid but try getting a pet. I had a miscarriage last year and I have a really hard time getting pregnant because of my PCOS. We tried for another year and ultimately, I have given up having another baby so I got my dream reptile instead. Its definitely NOT the same at all but it has helped me fill the void.

1 Like

I would speak with a counselor to get help with all your feeling and going through.
They are so well trained they can really help anyone with all and any thing you may be going through.
I wish you the best.

1 Like

I got my tubes tied about 10 years ago and now my babies are 18 and 15 and I have had baby fever recently. So I became a nanny. I get all the cuddles and stuff that comes with it but I get to go home and sleep all night tooā€¦lol just my opinion

1 Like

Living in the here and now is good. Grieve what you lost but donā€™t live in the what ifs or what you saw life as being and live the life you have, love and invest that energy into the kids you have. They need it. I know babies are amazing but so are 5-13 year olds. You donā€™t want them picking up on the energy that THEY arenā€™t enough!

3 Likes

Try to feel bless with what you were lucky to have. Some women canā€™t have even one. As time goes by the feeling will fade.

Menopause is hitting me and I feel the same. Iā€™m 49 so I definitely donā€™t want more but I donā€™t like the choice being taken away from me!

I wish I had advice but I feel exactly the same. I had a stillborn baby girl after my first boy was born then had 3 boys in quick succession after losing her. With my last delivery I almost died and they had to burn my uterine lining to stop the bleeding and tied my tubes so I could no longer get pregnant. I was devastated. Iā€™m still devastated. I love my boys however I feel like I got robbed of my girl and wanted more, so many more. I know Iā€™m lucky to be alive but it still hurts. I find myself loving every girl in my family to help with the ache, but sometimes it makes it worse. Adoption is not an option as I def donā€™t make enough money and fostering isnā€™t an option because Iā€™m not cut out to give a baby or kid back like I canā€™t it would hurt me me than help me.

2 Likes

When I felt like I wanted to have another Baby I had to ask myself, do I want a another Child or do I just want a BabyšŸŒ¹

3 Likes

Sorry 4 the loss. Look into other options. Regardless u need 2 talk 2 ur husband again about how u feel about kids. Thatā€™s a joint decision and if ur split on the decision it could be a big issue. U both have a right 2 feel whatever way but baby fever can sometimes be hard 2 get over. Look into adoption, suregacy, or maybe just volunteering with a church group 2 watch babies while parents are in church or babysit.

You could foster a child. Many children out there are in desperate need of someplace to go.

5 Likes

I was born not being able bare a child. And believe me I understand the feeling of not having a choice, cause someone else said no about even having a surrogate. So I hope this helps u to still feel extremely blessed for what u do have. Sorry for the loss of your 4th.

First, seek counseling individually. Second, there is always adoption to consider. You can still be a good parent to a child that is not ā€œblood.ā€ Blood is NOT what makes a good relationship. Third, there is always being a foster parentā€¦as there are SO SO many children in need of a good, safe place to land for a while! And 3 is already quite a few. There are options to consider! <3

1 Like

Look for the blessing right in front of you. Those 3 beautiful children. Our path doesnā€™t always give us what we pictured for ourselves. But your feeling are legit, but this wasnā€™t the path for you.

There is always foster and adoption. There are a lot of children already in this world that would love to have a home and a family.

You can adopt an infant a beautiful cute baby. Girls are still getting pregnant in High School because they are uninformed and carry the baby until full term then give birth and cannot care for them there way to young. They need great people to adopt these beautiful heathly babies.

It is okay to mourn. It might not even be only the child youā€™re mourning, but also the loss of fulfilling your ideal for what the family was ā€œsupposedā€ to look like, and the loss of your agency to choose in the matter. Those are all wrapped up in this and can be holding you back if you havenā€™t been able to process those separately from this other person you wanted in your home. We hang a lot of ideas on children that are separate from the individual themselves, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Definitely get a therapist and sit down with your husband. You can ALWAYS foster/adopt! I got my tubes tied a few months back and i completely understand the whole wanting another baby but both my husband and i agreed if we both want another we will just foster and or adopt later in lifešŸ˜Œ

1 Like

Seek professional help, or adopt a childā€¦

I think for some that feeling never goes away. Iā€™m 46, 3 kids, tubes tied, and I would be ridiculously happy with one more. That infant stage is magical although extremely tiring. My chest still twinges at the cry of a newborn screaming, so weird!

2 Likes

Focus on the 3 you have now.
They will be needing a lot more of your attention.

I could of written this and I have 7 kids lost my last 1 before then I had my head round that I wasnā€™t having another one but after the misscarge itā€™s made we want another one even more, I envy people some times when they know they done.

When you have had 10

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When does wanting a baby stop? - Mamas Uncut

Talk to a counselor. You prob feel incomplete due to the miscarriage. Hopefully a counselor will help you find out the reason you feel incomplete. This will allow u to move on with your life. Honestly I like babies and toddlers, and young children because it is the best of times. Hugz

1 Like

I was forced to have a hysterectomy at 33. I had 4 beautiful, healthy children but I felt the same way!! For a long time I felt worthless, like I was less of a woman. It took me a long time to work through it. Please, just be kind to your self. It is a grieving process and unless you have been through it you have no clue how it feels. I will pray that you find peace in your life. Trust me, you still have purpose and 3 beautiful lives to take care of and guide!!

It doesnā€™t. I have 5. Grand babies are the answer

2 Likes

Those 3 you do have still need alot of you to become who they were meant to be. Their friends and team mates will need you too. Be the best version of yourself for all the children that will come and go in your life.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry! Sending love your way. I had been going through a lot of medical issues and the dr had discussed doing a hysterectomy. Then me and my husband of 10 years split upā€¦. About 6 months later I was taken to the hospital because I was hemorrhaging. Because I had already signed the paperwork to get a hysterectomy, my dr went through with it. A few years later my ex took off with my kids because his new wife couldnā€™t get pregnant and wanted kids. He hid my kids for 6.5 years! He was charged with medical neglect and I finally had my kids back. But they were no longer kidsā€¦ they were very angry teenagers. They were mad that I didnā€™t protect them :pleading_face::cry: I wanted to!!! Now my youngest is 22ā€¦ my current husband of over 10 years never had any children of his own. But he is an awesome father to my babies. I yearn to have a babyā€¦ I missed so much!!! I feel stuck! My one and only dream was ripped from me.
Unfortunately I donā€™t think this feeling will ever go away. Physically I couldnā€™t handle a baby because of my medical problems, but that doesnā€™t take away the yearning. :pleading_face: Iā€™m sorry your going through this! I wouldnā€™t wish on anyone!! :sob:

I am the same. 3 kiddos (19,16,and 6). I donā€™t think I will ever not have the feeling of wanting a baby. We have become foster parents and are currently caring for an 8month old and 2yr oldā€¦it definitely helps and is so rewarding. Best of luck. Follow your heart!

2 Likes

Foster kids are always in high demand

5 Likes

Maybe adopt or become a foster parent

1 Like

Be thankful for what you have

3 Likes

As someone who lost that option before I was able to ever have kids but be thankful for the 3 you have. I would have given anything to just have 1.

3 Likes

Whose to say four isnā€™t your kid number? I have a friend that had three boys, all dark headed and brown eyed like their father and mother. The oldest is about 14 now and guess what, along came a little blond haired, blue eyed girl about 2 years old that needed a home. She really stands out in the family pictures but the smiles are all alike. You never know what the future will bring.

1 Like

Sorry for everything, but maybe adopt a new born?

1 Like

Adopt there are plenty of kids that need homes

2 Likes

If you feel like something is missing maybe open a daycare and maybe limit yourself to a couple kids? Or maybe talk with your husband about fostering or adopting. Maybe you could work part time at a daycare or volunteer in a nursery at church.

4 Likes

It doesnā€™t. I am 40ā€¦3 kids and 2 grandbabies. And I would still love to have 1. But everytime I get one of the grandbabies I am reminded why we said no more.

1 Like

Fosterā€¦there are so many kids that need love!!!

2 Likes

I understand how you feel. I just retired from teaching. I have been taking care of kids since I was a kid babysitting for the neighbors, then having kids , and teaching for 23 years. Now I am at an end of a old life. My new life is going to be getting more into church. God may be your answer also. Know this u are more than a child provider. Talk plain to your husband about how you feel. I will be praying for you to find your new pathway.

I have three children. In between having them had two miscarriages and after my three children had an eptopic pregnancy that led me to emergency surgery. After that they pretty much told me it wasnā€™t safe to have more children. I know the feeling that the choice is no longer up to you. It does fade and you will start to find joy in helping others with their kids or just focusing on the 3 blessings in front of you. But I promise it gets easier.

2 Likes

Adoption/ Foster Parenting is a choice?? Too many children need Homes that are in the system.

What youā€™re feeling is completely normal. Anytime a woman experiences a miscarriage itā€™s devastating. Donā€™t dwell on the number four. Be thankful God gave you three precious cherubs to love and nurture before your medical problems were detected. Just think, theyā€™ll be giving you grand babies to love before you know it. To fill the void youā€™re feeling in the meantime, try volunteering in a childrenā€™s hospital or a daycare. You donā€™t have to be a biological parent to love a child. Youā€™re the type of person that these places need. Hugs and prayers for you :hugs::pray:

Totally know how you feel mama, this is me right now :sweat:
However kids are (11,10&9) adoption is always a option or maybe change of careers?

Work at a daycare center therefore you have the enjoyment of looking after little ones. :heart:

I have one. I was an only child. I hated it. I wanted to have 1 more, but I was 38 when he was born. He wasnā€™t planned. I couldnā€™t handle two small kids at that age. Be thankful

If you havenā€™t already, I would speak with your husband and lay it all on the table, you feelings etc. maybe he would be open to one more if he knew how you felt.

1 Like

Iv got 2 boys 11, and fixing to be an 8 year old. Iā€™m wanting to try for a girl. I know thatā€™s not certain, but I do want to have just one more. Iv had 3 miscarriages trying for the 3rd one. Iv been told Iā€™m healthy and dnt see why I cnt try again. After my 3rd miscarriage I havnt even had so much as a missed period. Itā€™s so hard thinking or wondering if 2 is all Iā€™ll ever have. I will say this though! Grand babies one day you will have grand babies. If you can just try to focus on that when you start feeling sad.

Just waitā€¦grandkids will be coming and thatā€™s the best time of your life!!!

For me right after my very first deliveryā€¦lol. yep no more

Find a holistic hormone and fertility specialist. But honestly as someone who cannot have children embrace the ones you have. Maybe foster children in need. Be a constant role model. Thereā€™s a huge need for emergency placement foster parents. Think about all you could do. Volunteer with children.

1 Like

Count your blessing you even have threeā€¦ not everyone can even have one. Down the road well be grandbabiesā€¦ enjoy the ones you have.

Count your blessings, and enjoy your life.

Become a foster grandparent. Check with Americorp . I was part of that and a senior companion program through Americorp. Unfortunately due to this ā€œpandemicā€ or what ever itā€™s being called, today. With the school systems in flux. The foster grandparent program is in flux. . Thereā€™s a few other programs you can volunteer for. Help mentor a kid, to a better future.

Be thankful for what you have.

1 Like

I struggled for 10 years to ever even conceive. Had our first miracle 2018 and our 2nd in 2019. Baby 3 is coming the 22nd this month. I feel like infertility plays a huge role in how long one keeps wanting babies.

After my first I cried thinking she would be our only one. I was beyond thankful for our little miracle of course but once that chapter of our lives opened, I didnā€™t want it to close so soon. We had a loss September 2020 and we were both devastated. At that point we both felt our family was not yet complete but we stopped trying so my body could heal. Ended up finding out January 2021 we were expecting anyway.

She will be our last. I have been hospitalized several times and have preeclampsia this time around. It is a hard pill to swallow since I just became a mama 3 years ago and I will go to the grave wishing I could have had 1 more. But I am trying to focus less on the fact that my childbearing days are coming to an end and more so on the chapters that will be unfolding once our last baby gets here.

5 Likes

You can foster them adopt for free from foster care

2 Likes

You are so blessed to have three children. Be grateful for what you have and enjoy them.

2 Likes

Foster! There is such a huge need for good caring foster homes!

5 Likes

Just wanted to say that it is 100% a grieving process so dont feel bad. I recommend finding a therapist you can see and talk to. They will help you through this and any other underlying emotional/mental challenges. Idk where you are but there are a LOT of free programs out there.

2 Likes

Foster or adopt, help a baby/child/teen that needs you

12 Likes

Fostering could be an option. But have you considered maybe opening a child care center? Youā€™d still be helping to raise tiny humans :purple_heart:

1 Like

There are so many children that need a loving family to make them feel complete as well. Maybe you could talk to your husband and be foster parents and maybe adopt. It would be a process but it would worth it to share the love of a family.

10 Likes

Awww sweetie i felt the same way. Iā€™m a momma of 2 handsome boys 13&8. But i always wanted more but due to my cancer(Iā€™m in remission 4 yrs now) doctors have told me thereā€™s no way i can have more. Iā€™m 34 my husband is 40 and we wanted more but my health is not gonna let me. I was devastated but my husband told me that our nieces and nephews will have babies that i can babysit whenever (and i can give them back whenever lol). So sometimes i do babysit these babies and it helps. May God bless you!!:heart::pray: