When should a baby start talking?

So im like 95% positive my 3 almost 4 month old son said “mama” last night/ early this morning! Is that possible? At what age did yalls babies start talking. My daughters 6 and talked at about 6-7 months.

2 Likes

It is possible. My daughter was 3 months when she said her first word. She said “Ann” :roll_eyes: it’s her cousin who is 3 years older then her. But they are really close since she was born.

2 Likes

It’s possible. My son started saying momma when he was that age too.

2 Likes

Yes my 3 month old was saying mum’s well crying muuma for a bottle… He started calling the bottle muma for ages… :joy:

1 Like

My son and daughter didn’t talk till 3 years !!!

4 Likes

It’s possible. My daughter was 5 months almost 6 when she started. Her 1st word was mama and she was sick so I heard it about 20 time in an hour

1 Like

My sons been saying Mom since he was 3 months.

1 Like

My son started saying mama and Dada at 4 months, he is now 5 months and babbles alot

1 Like

My son started saying mama at 4 months. He says mama and dada a lot now at
7 months. I really dont think he understands what it means though. Idk😂

2 Likes

Possible my oldest always been a talker his first word was hi said it at 4 months and from there it kept going as 2 was speaking full sentences now my third 2 and a half barley talks said his first words at like 6 months was dada hes a quiet kid just doesn’t like to talk

1 Like

My girl shouted “mum” the day she rolled over, she was a week older than four months

1 Like

My four month old has said it a couple times in the past two weeks.

1 Like

Very possible. Most 2nd children talk sooner than first.

1 Like

Just before 6 months and it was Dad :blue_heart:

1 Like