When should I change my last name?

I am due with my last baby in November. With my first 3 daughters me and their father weren’t married yet and recently gotten married in October and have yet to change my last name. I was wondering if I should change my last name before the baby comes and put that on the birth certificate even though the first 3 girls will have my maiden name or just wait til after so all the birth certificates match up? If that makes any sense to anyone. Thank you!

24 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. When should I change my last name?

Birth certificates always ask for the mother’s maiden name, never her married name. At least, that’s how it is in FL, AL, and NC.

11 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13660 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://DreamJobLink12.pages.dev

I’m Pennsylvania they put the woman’s maiden name. But if it were me, I’d wait.

They never put married name on the birth certificate

2 Likes

I would never give my children my maiden name, no matter if the father and I were married or not and he was still in the picture… now your older girls are gonna wonder why they weren’t good enough to have their dad’s last name but now you and new baby do… :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

It’s the women’s maiden name only ever

They always ask for the mothers maiden name regardless of what it is at time of birth because there is a section for that, it’s a verification requirement. You can give your baby whatever last name you want, married or not, it doesn’t even have to be yours or your husband’s last name. My question is, why do the girls not have their fathers last name?

2 Likes

In michigan they put mothers name if it’s a married name they put the legal and maiden name

1 Like

the birth certificate will always ask for your maiden name. go ahead and start your name change process now.

1 Like

Should have given all of the kids their father’s last name whether y’all were married or not

3 Likes

On my daughters birth certificate (2019) there was a section for my maiden name and then on the bottom current last name so her birth certificate has both my maiden and married last name on it (we’re in NY)

1 Like

Birth certificates have mother’s maiden name anyway

1 Like

I changed my daughters name when I changed mine. We weren’t married when she was born either. So when I did mine I did hers as well.

3 Likes

That’s a personal choice I didn’t get married until after my kids were born so my maiden name is on all their birth certificates but my daughters have their dad’s last name. We are married now so we all have the same last name but on their birth certificates I have my maiden name still.

In the hospital they will put your last name but while filling out the birth certificate you can give the baby either last name… My son has my ex’s last name… My last name is only on it in the mother spot

3 Likes

Give new baby same as her siblings

1 Like

You should have as soon as you got married and either way they use mother’s maiden name on birth certificate

1 Like

I would change your name as soon as you can. But your maiden last name will be on the birth certificate, pretty sure my 2 boys of me listed with my maiden name. I’d have to check.
But baby can still get fathers last name.

Birth certificates show the mother’s maiden name.

My maiden is on birth certificate but girls have dads last name.on it

I changed my name the day I got married. Filled to change my s.s the next day. My kids have always had my husbands (not married when I had them) last name.

It could cost money and time to change name later. Just list your baby with Dad’s last name and then go change your name and the big girls name to match.

1 Like

Birth certificates list moms maiden name

1 Like

Have him change his last name to yours. That way all of you will have the same last name

1 Like

My name on all my kids birth certificates has my maiden and my now ex husbands last name as mine. Baby 3 and 4 have me listed as my maiden and my last name which is my ex husbands. Qnd baby 3 and 4 our not his

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19876 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob1761.pages.dev/

1 Like

Can always hyphen it at first until you can make the decision then change it

Birth certificate asks for maiden name anyways.

If your specifically wonder just about the names on the birth certificate and not like all the kids having the same last names. I would just change your name now. The name on the birth certificate doesn’t have to match the others if it’s a legal name change.

Your maiden name is all you use for birth certificate

2 Likes

If you’re married don’t you have only a certain amount if time to get the main/ important documents changed? And the birth certificates get your maiden name anyway. I’d change as soon as possible if you are using that name since that is your current legal name now. Also you can name your baby any last name you want evem your maiden name. Are you going to change the last name of the other babies? You can.

1 Like

Why would they have your maiden name at all? Just because you 2 weren’t married you didn’t give them their fathers name?

4 Likes

If the father of the child is around when you fill out the paperwork. Then most likely the baby will get his last name. Unless hou state otherwise

Regardless, birth certificate asks for mothers maiden name.

3 Likes

I’m married and never changed my last name at all. You don’t have to change your last name just because you get married.

3 Likes

you could have already had the fathers name on all birth certificates

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13890 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer5.pages.dev

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. The birth certificate has your birth name on it.

You don’t have to change your last name. You can keep your name if you wanted.

5 Likes

The baby can still have your husbands name on the birth certificate …change yours and the girls later…idk how much it costs

I was married but my maiden name went on the birth certificate for me. Kids had there dads last name though.

1 Like

I had my kids out of wedlock, now married. I had a general rule. Not married. No last name (for dad) on good terms or bad. I don’t care how much swearing up and down that they’ll be there or anything else. If that’s the case, then we’ll be married and you’ll get it, or we can, after we are if the baby is born first.

1 Like

I’m not married and my daughter was given her dad’s last name. Both of my kids have different last names

1 Like

Borth certificate ask for mothers maiden name.

3 Likes

I hyphenated my last name with his.

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18262 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob1855.pages.dev/

My maiden name was on the birth certificate.

I gave my son my stepdads last name cos my last name wasn’t for a boy his dad wasn’t in picture I wa on my own🤷‍♀️ you do what your comfortable with.