When should I let my daughter wear makeup?

I’m 7 months pregnant and constantly worrying that something is going to be wrong with the baby. I’ve had multiple ultrasounds and they’re always normal. But every time I see a baby on fb with some sort of illness or imperfection, I start thinking “omg what if that happened to my baby”
I have a perfectly healthy one yr old and I remember being a little scared when I was pregnant with him but not like this. Would the doctors most likely be able to tell if something was wrong from ultrasounds and blood tests? Any one else experience this, it’s stressing me out. I know it sounds so dumb! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
(I have suffered from major anxiety since is was 16, 24 now)

4 Likes

You would likely know from the blood tests. Ultrasounds can show markers too.

I feel like that’s a normal mamas worry. I have a newborn and things like that still go through mybhead

Trust your body. It knows what it’s doing!!!

Have you talked to a therapist about your feelings?

Have you talked to a therapist about your feelings?

I did that as well ended up having to stay of social media for a little while. As long as doctors say baby is looking healthy I wouldn’t worry to much. I also have ptsd/anxiety and having a therapist was a huge help for me during my pregnancy. Best of luck with your little bundle of joy.

Yes if there was things wrong they can tell by ultrasound

Stop stressing bc that’s def not good for your baby. Technology is pretty advanced. Trust your dr. Let go and let God handle it

1 Like

My suggestion would be sit down talk to your doctor or midwife and tell them how you feel. There may be things they can help reassure you with. Anxiety is horrible. I ate a lot of peanut butter sandwiches with warm milk in the serotonin help calm me down

And don’t read or look at information like that it’s inflammatory it’s their experience not yours. Try to look at more positive pictures

It’s like listening to women that tell you they’re horrible birth experiences. Which are probably not that horrible it’s just inflammatory.

Use your scroll button and ignore the post of Doom and Gloom

I have this problem too hun my doctor told me if anything was wrong with the baby or anything they will always call you Asap first. Dont read stories like that because it will only make you worry more… try skipping pass them.

Its your anxiety scaring you. I have 4 children 3 preemies and 1 micro-preemie. 1 of my preemies ended up with a tumor when she was a few months old. My micro stopped breathing and almost died. 2 of them had a minor heart problem. 1 of them stopped growing in the womb almost all of it was easily detected from the sonograms and easily fixed. Doctors know what they are doing, yes they can miss something or mess up, but its rare. If you keep stressing like this it will affect the baby’s growth and cause health issues to you and baby. Speaking form experience on that, my stress caused my micro-preemie to get here so early and we both suffered because of it. You need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety issues and see what you two can work together to make it better.

Talk to your dr about your concerns. Hopefully he will make time to talk to you about all the tests the dr has done. If dr has concerns. Write everything down so you don’t forget to ask! Good luck!

Pray for the best and prepare for the worst

Meditate, yoga, calming music/ambient sounds, massages, acupressure, long technology/media breaks, walks in parks & gardens, spend time with cute animals, healthy babies & kids. Get therapy, & pregnancy safe anti-anxiety meds.

If you’re generally healthy, taking your prenatal vitamins & seeing an OB/GYN your chances of having a healthy, full term baby are very, very good. And in the infinitesimally small chance of any problem, neonatal medicine can work miracles these days.

They weren’t sure if my mom or I were going to live when I arrived early at 3 lbs., 9 oz because of an undiagnosed 15-lb. uterine tumor. We both were fine after 2 weeks in the hospital. My mom lived well until passing at 96 and I teach dance classes at 62. That was in the mid-‘50s & enormous strides have been made since then.

Baby Saybie was born weighing only 8.6 OUNCES, about the size of an apple, and she just went home from the hospital at more than 5 lbs. You’re golden!

Chill. That’s mommy brain for you. The results are shown to you. Baby is fine.