When should you stop bathing with your child?

For all the moms out there who bathe with their son, what age is appropriate to stop taking baths with them?

14 Likes

I’d say until they are no longer comfortable, which I’m guessing happens about 6…

6 Likes

I stopped when my son was 4. They get curious and it was just weird for me.

1 Like

I quit taking a shower with my son close to 2. He kept pointing to my lady bits and saying ohhhh. I was done after that

8 Likes

When they start getting curious.

I never took a bath with my son but no judgement to those who do so. They say when they start getting curious or pointing at your lady parts, that’s when it’s time to stop.

4 Likes

Whenever either of you starts to feel uncomfortable is probably the most logic answer.
My son is 3 almost 4, he’ll occasionally shower with me if we’re in a hurry to get ready to go somewhere in the morning. Other than that he takes a bath alone before bed every night.
Honestly I think it’s weird that people make a big deal about it… they’re your babies. They’re not looking at you sexually…
everyone is in such a hurry to sexualize things or make things awkward about our bodies. That makes no sense to me personally. I’d rather my son see a female body and think “meh whatever” not “omg boobs!! They seem so naughty!!”
You know? Lol

21 Likes

I bathed with all my kids when they were babies so I could keep an eye on the them but I stopped doing that before or at 3. Even when they were Young when my husband was home I would ask for my own bath. Just needed my own time and expecially during that time of the month I didn’t want them taking a bath with me.

1 Like

I feel like once they start pointing out private areas and stuff like that… that’s what my mom did with my brother

I would say when they start school…around 4 or 5.

1 Like

Before he starts school

Depends on maturity. Mine was around 4 but he was delayed . They just kinda one day say stuff like eww boobies and that’s when u know lol

3 Likes

My 4 year old & 2.5 year old will literally strip and get into the shower with me when I take them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My husband stopped showering with our baby girl when one day she noticed him. She pointed and looked at hers and said ahhh what that! So that was that lol

3 Likes

I showered with my boy when he was a baby like I only held him in my arms because he couldn’t stand and the circumstances were because he had pooped or spit up on us both.

2 Likes

I’ve never showered with my children but when I shower my door is always open for ventilation cause I don’t have a vent in the bathroom I use and my son came in the bathroom and was laughing at me lol he’s 3 so I would say the appropriate age would most likely be 2 after that they are just gonna laugh.

1 Like

I’m cooking boy #5 right now. It varies. I could take one with my littlest who’s 3 next month. I quit with my second oldest around 2.5 and my middle around 4. It just depends on the child and mother.

My son is 5 & still bathes with me occasionally. He is more fascinated with his goober than he is with seeing me naked :woman_shrugging::joy:

2 Likes

I’d say 3 or 4 years old but it depends on the child, if you’re questioning it they may be too old. My 6y is starting to do most of her bathing herself(with supervision).

1 Like

When I was young I didn’t bathe with my parents. But my mom and grandma did help me wash my hair until I was about 5 because I had a issue with headlice my school was infested! And they’d have to check my head almost every night because they the bugs :face_vomiting: loved my hair it was thick. But I always bathed alone. Lol

1 Like

Um…how about never start :woman_shrugging:. Why do you need to bathe with your child? Give the kid a bath and take one on your own when they are asleep.

6 Likes

I think my son was around 3 and it was mostly because I couldn’t see him around my big fat pregnant belly and I was afraid of trampling him :joy:

4 Likes

When they start asking questions.

3 Likes

When me or my son become uncomfortable with it. You shouldn’t make body anatomy a taboo topic. It’s just a body… Children think nothing of it until you teach them otherwise

11 Likes

I wouldn’t bother asking such a question to other mums because it doesn’t matter what other people say. If you want to stop when your son is 3, 6, 8 or 10 that’s your business. I find it weird all the comments about when your kid notices your body… why would you stop showering or bathing with them simply because they noticed your body is different?? To make a big deal about it and say no you can’t hop in the bath with me or don’t open the door because I’m showering- THAT is what creates the shame and the secrecy.

17 Likes

My son is 2 1/2 months and i think till about 2yrs possibly

2or3 or ontill they start to notice my son was about 3 and he never noticed anything I just thought it was time

I took a shower with my son (3 years old) tonight lol it was hot and in my case it was more to cool off because I’m 4½ months pregnant. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Normally either I sit next to the bath or my husband showers with him.

My son is 3 and we are having the talk about if we should stop. He’s starting to stare and point and while we are honest with him it just makes me uncomfortable how much he’s staring. Plus he keeps saying daddy has a big penis. So it may be time :woman_shrugging:

Depends on the kid. When it feels awkward.

1 Like

But when he was little we use too every other day

I’d say go back to your Earliest Memories… and think of what age u were… probably around THAT TIME :laughing:

1 Like

I bathe mine. I’m the main bather lol I’ll stop bathing him until he’s wierded out and I know he 1) won’t drown and 2) can “hopefully” not flood the bathroom

Uhmmm 5 maybe. Idk hehe i have a 3yo and maybe i would stop if it feels uncomfortable for him.

I stopped when my son started getting curious lol like wanting to play with your differences because hey new bath toys attached to mommy! Didn’t take too long, about 1-3 years maybe?

When your son pees on your feet and laughs lol

2 Likes