When should you stop changing with your kids in the room?

I have a seven-year-old daughter, and mentally she is more like 3 to 4. And I get dressed and undressed while she is in a room with me And a friend told me not to do that she is two old for that and I don’t see it as a big deal and was wondering what the big problem is. Do any other moms get dressed or undressed in front of there seven year old daughter’s?

119 Likes

I mean, she has the same body parts as you do. People just need to stop mom shaming and mind their business

19 Likes

Yea, I try to change privately, without my daughter right there. 90% of the time she walks in not caring and telling me her life happenings. She’s 16, I still don’t get to pee alone.

Raise your child the way you want !!! Quit worrying what everyone else thinks . Who’s the PARENT !!! :thinking::sunglasses:

22 Likes

I’ve always changed in front of my daughter. It is totally normal and natural. Don’t let anyone make u feel bad about that.

My 7 almost 8 yr old is always seeing me naked if I want it of not .
If you are both comfortable with it go with it for now
Especially as you said she has developmental delays .
You do you x

If you act ashamed of your body, she will too 🤷
Used to be that women changed in locker rooms with zero modesty.

10 Likes

I dress in front of my 20 year old

I stopped when my daughter was old enough to notice things. But its your daughter, you do you and don’t listen to your friends. If they want to criticize you, they don’t sound like a very good friend.

No big deal! As long it’s only you!! I mean not ok w anyone else as in strangers. It kind of cuts out the chat when you get older you’ll start growing… when they get that age and expect it.

3 Likes

What? You have the same parts!!! I swear I wonder if some of this stuff is real.

3 Likes

My daughter is 12. We still change in front of eachother. My son however is 9. I stopped changing directly in front of him or in the same room right after he turned 8

Raise your kid the way you want. Stop listening to the Karens.

12 Likes

Dude my daughter has seen me change her whole life. And when she barges in the bathroom. I will not teach self hate by shaming my own body

Who else is suppose to teach her about the female body?

7 Likes

Oh please… every parent style is different. It’s all about comfort level. Do what works for you and dont worry about judgement from others🙂

6 Likes

I have always gotten dressed and undressed in front of my girls, admittedly as they was growing up there was a few situtaions where they asked questions and I answered them as honestly as I thought I could for their age. They are now 16 and 14 and are not embarrassed about doing the same in front of me. Each to their own i supoose but I see no problem in it.

My girls are 19 and 18 and they still walk in the bathroom and get stuff or to talk to me. They knock but I have never banned them from coming in while I change or just step out of shower.

Omg… my 11 year old quite happily talks to me while I am getting undressed, dressed, on the toilet in the shower hahaha… even her 2 younger siblings think it’s a good time to have conversations with mum as well :rofl:

At that age they aren’t sexualized, so it’s more like health class and our body parts and what they serve as function and how miraculous our bodies are. No shame, just observe and learn and appreciate.

1 Like

I am 46 years old and my mother has been doing this since we were babies and she still does it to this day we all do.

My daughter is 22 we both still change in front of each other. We have the same parts. We are mother and daughter. I feel by me always being comfortable with my imperfect body she is comfortable with her imperfect body. But was always taught to not change in front of strangers/men/etc either.

Yes, I do all the time. My 7 yr old daughter has autism and she doesn’t pay any attention while I’m changing. She’s occupied doing her own thing, anyway.
But would I change in front of my 9 year old son? Absolutely not.

my girls are 23 14 n 12 x we still all get changed in same room x my lad 15 we stopped him when he was three x

My Mom changed in front of me my whole life and I’ve done the same with my girls. Nothing wrong with it because you are their Mother.

I’ve got 3 girls 24 , 22 and 13 and even now we would get dressed in front of each other it’s how we have always been I dont see an issue with it tbh

14 Likes

My daughter’s 24 and she gets a view of my ass/tits Everytime. Ijs

Is this forreal? You’re her mother. I would stay the heck away from anyone making these comments as clearly they think sexually about children. I’m 26 and I still would change, shower, whatever with my mom, sister, grandma, whatever if I needed to ? Not to mention she will be changing infront of plenty of other girls in school.
I have never changed with someone else and felt sexual about it, soooo :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: that this person is. And :thinking::thinking::thinking: that you’re also thinking about it.

It’s none of your friends business…the child is the same sex as you it’s perfectly fine to change in the same room as her…

6 Likes

Tell your friend to pound sand!

11 Likes

Please don’t sweat the small things in parenting. Not a big deal unless you make it one . Most kids think nothing of it other than putting clothes on . If she ask questions answer them . As long as she knows not to get undressed or dressed in front of others, you are doing great !

3 Likes

My daughter is 15… I was a single mom we dressed and undresses infront of each other for a while… It’s YOUR child do what YOU see fit. It’s all the same parts … Sometimes kids have questions too.

Your her first teacher in any and everything if there’s something hurting her in a private area she won’t be ashamed to say and so if she needs to I’m 35 and me and my adult sisters change in front of my mom and feel nothing because she has seen us nude from birth and we will have to see her nude when she can no longer do for herself period

We have the same body parts, no big deal

2 Likes

My daughter will be 7 soon and I still change in front of her.

It’s only a body my daughter still comes in room when I’m changing she’s almost 19

5 Likes

As long as you are the same gender it is fine. It will help with body image

5 Likes

Nothing wrong you are both girls

1 Like

Whenever it starts making the child or you uncomfortable🤷‍♀️ if neither of you have an issue with it, then you keep doing it.

5 Likes

You have the same parts. No need to stop. I have a 6 yr old son and I have needed to redirect him about privacy. Because he has started asking questions and what not. He realized we were different. That’s when you become more aware.

I have a huge range of kids…lol… 16, 14, 9, 3, and a soon to be newborn… I breastfed my 3 yo with boobies out all the time. Us my kids will walk in on me in the bath/shower all the time.

7 Likes

I’m 30 and my mom is like 50 so I guess there is no age🤷‍♀️

8 Likes

I’m 31 and my mom will still change in front of me😑

2 Likes

I’m 21 and I still have been in the room while my mom is changing so I don’t think there really is a gap it is just whether you are comfortable with it

2 Likes

Man, I can’t even pee by myself, how do you get dressed by yourself!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I’m 23 and will still go in my moms room when she’s changing :woman_shrugging:t3: my daughter is 7 also and we still take showers together she likes when I wash her hair she HATES doing it herself. We got the same body parts.

8 Likes

My son is 3 and I try to change in another room now. The only reason I feel uncomfortable with it now is because I lost my baby last month and every time I put a shirt on or change my shirt he puts his hand on my stomach and says “Mama there’s baby.” Over and over again and it makes me cry. He does bust up in the bathroom on me when I’m taking a bath or shower though :joy:

8 Likes

I think its perfectly fine until you or your kids feel uncomfortable with it.

I change in front of all 3 of my girls. They ask questions, I answer.

7 Likes

I still change in front of my mom and step mom… I don’t see the big deal

1 Like

I still change with my 17 year old daughters AND my 56 year old mother.

I look at it this way… we all have the same thing. No woman should be ashamed of her body. AND I came from my mother and my daughters came from me.

Now if it were a son, instead of a daughter, that would be a different story.

14 Likes

I have a 21 year old daughter, 15, 9 and 4 year old … i change in front of all of them.

1 Like

She will eventually have everything you have. She may as well learn from your body instead of a text book

1 Like

I probably will stop once my son is older but I don’t think it matters with my daughter.

I still change in front of my daughter and she isn’t afraid to get changed I’m front of me. She is 12. I don’t see the issue considering we are both female

1 Like

I get undressed in front of my 10 yr son and 7 yr old son…nothing wrong with the human body

5 Likes

If your child feels uncomfortable okay… think of lockerooms.

Female to female, I see no age limit. My daughter is 8, I’m 43 and my mom 71, we all get dressed or undressed together. If I had a son, that’s different.

2 Likes

Im 32 and my 50 year old mother comes in while im in the shower if she shows uo juat to talk

2 Likes

I still change my clothes in the same room as my daughters, they are 23, 21 and 16 years old, there is a pure honesty about our bodies and trust that has developed between all of us.

2 Likes

I am 54 years oldmy daughters still walk in the bathroom and bedroom when I am getting changed or showering … :joy:

I change in front of my 7 year old and my 10 year old and I dont plan on stopping. We have the same body parts. They do occasionally ask questions and I answer them all. One day they’ll be grown with kids and gave the same type of body i do.

1 Like

Raised Catholic so no nudity was allowed in my family ever and I’m kinda still like that :innocent::laughing:

1 Like

Me & my mother walk around the house in our birthday suits trying to get ready, my daughter has the same parts as me. Definitely not an issue. Boys of course I feel are a different story

1 Like

I’m 20 and my mum and I will get dressed in front of each other. We don’t look or anything, but if we’re swimming we’ll be in the same changing room and stuff. Not a big deal at all x

3 Likes

My daughter is 19 and I still change in front of her. No big deal unless your daughter is uncomfortable with it.

I change in front of my 17,16, and 13 year old daughter’s. We are all girls, no big deal :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

My Daughter is 5 in January she Walks in when I’m getting dressed&Sometimes sits in the bathroom while I’m in the bath or shower… However my Oldest son Is 7 He Knocks On the bedroom door/Bathroom door etc But when He was younger he Just walked in…

My daughter just turned 14 and that’s the time she seems to want to talk the most. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I saw my mom getting dressed and in the tub my whole childhood. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

So heres a funny. My daughter is 4. Obviously shes reaching age where she knows things. Anywho. I got out of the shower one day and she comes in and goes i like your boobies. (My nip nops are pierced so of course i start laughing.) Anyways i walk around with nothing on. We have the same parts so whats wrong. Now, im also expecting a boy now. And man oh man im freaking out. Anyways, your the mom. You make the decision. :wink:

It’s fine! If your child was a boy that would be a different story. However, I do believe that there should still be some semblance of modesty.

I have a chronic illness and it causes me to be on bed rest a lot. My son is 7 years old. Since Hubby works nights and sleeps during the day, my son is the one who helps me. He helps me change my clothes, helps give me a bath and when I’m on the toilet, he stands by the door so he can help me back to bed. I tried to tell him that he shouldn’t do this anymore but he always asks, “What if you fall down and get hurt?”. I get very bad fainting spells and have passed out in front of him more times than I can count. Even though he has seen me naked, he has never asked me questions about our anatomy down there, he only questioned why my boobs were bigger than his lol. In my honest opinion, if it doesn’t bother you or your child then you keep doing what you are doing. Everyone on here is going to have their own opinion and you can’t please everyone. Do what you think is best for your family and don’t give 2 shits about what others might say, someone is always going to be negative and misery loves company.

5 Likes

My kids are 6 (girl) and 2 (boy) and they see me naked regularly (after I shower or I’m changing). I don’t see it as a big deal at all. My daughter watches how I take care of my body and learns body positivity. She’s pointed out imperfections on me (not being mean when she does it) and I show her it’s okay to have flaws and even with them you’re beautiful.

7 Likes

It’s the human body. If she asks anything just answer honestly and teach her about privacy with everyone else including her friends. That’s my opinion though.

My girls are 19, 13, 11 and 8.
Body positivity is SO important; I’m plus size and had 4 c sections, all vertical incision.
I want my girls to grow knowing that all bodies look different, and all are beautiful.
The only that doesn’t change around me, or that I don’t change around is my 13yr old. She’s bashful, and I respect her boundaries.
I think changing in front of your kids is fine, unless it makes someone uncomfortable.
However, I do not change around, or allow to change around me, my step kids.

3 Likes

As I dont see anything wrong with it. My daughter is very private and modest. My sister and I w lot more open. We still go to the bathroom together. I grew up with sisters and my daughter is the only girl.

1 Like

I still do, I say I’m going to get changed the boys leave girls stay and talk.
My oldest is 30’s

1 Like

I change in front of my kids (expect for my step son for obvious reasons) and probably always will my parents changed in front of us as kids to be honest i don’t get the big deal we had one bathroom with 6 people there was no privacy we just did what we needed to do and go out :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

It’s not a super huge deal to me with my daughter. She is 8 and does have intellectual disabilities but that doesn’t really factor into this situation for me. I wouldn’t change in front of my son though.

1 Like

My daughter is 21 and she’ll still come in the bathroom when I’m taking a bath and just talk to me while I bathe. No big deal.

2 Likes

My daughters are 19 n 20 n just walk right in on me while I’m getting dressed like its nothing. God forbid I do that to them tho lol. Now my boys(14 n 10) will forget to knock n walk in n get totally freaked out.

2 Likes

Nakedness isn’t shameful in many homes. My 11 yr old boy will still walk out naked from his bathroom and has walked into ask me questions while I’was in the shower. There is no right answer but the human body isn’t shameful

2 Likes

I still change in front of my 12 year old

2 Likes

Never, as long as she feels ok with it. Kids should be taught that human body is just natural. I would do THE SAME with both a boy and a girl.

4 Likes

My mom still dresses in front of me and I’m 28. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Mines 8 and I stopped more for my own privacy :rofl: “mom your hairy” “ mom u have stretch marks” :rofl: yes I’ve told her why but I don’t need them pointed out while I change haha

1 Like

With daughters it’s fine. For me, I’ve got boys. They dont care and will walk right in on me changing. It doesn’t cross their mind that even though I’m their mom, I’m also a woman and it can be uncomfortable. Their 12, 9, and 4.

1 Like

Moms & daughters are fine. Sons & mom would be a NO.

I change in front of my daughters, my friends (girls), sister in law, sister and my mom. My son hes 2 hes probably only seen me naked if I’m running through the house because I forgot my towel :rofl: I think it’s fine whenever she asks about my body I use it as a teaching moment

Lol my mom never ever stopped getting dressed and undressed in front of me. If I didn’t like it, I looked away or left the room. There is no shame in the human body. She is part of the reason I am comfortable in my own “mom bod” and I love my imperfections.

7 Likes

My girls are 24, 20, and 15 I still get dressed and undressed in front of them. It would be different if she were a boy.

3 Likes

Yea I do and my mom still does it around me so whatever lol

2 Likes

I change in front of my daughter who will be 10 in November. It shouldn’t be made awkward or shameful. My mom and will change in the same dressing rooms or exchange clothes and undress right there in the room together. It isn’t perverted or weird, it’s mom and daughter being comfortable with each other.

8 Likes

My mom still does, and I’m an adult. It’s no big deal. One day she’ll have to change for gym in a locker room, she might even take a communal shower on a field trip.

My mom always got dressed with us girls, and us sisters get dressed around each other :woman_shrugging: a boy might be different but I have a 2&3 yr old girls I guess I don’t see it as a big deal and some do it’s up to you and your house we do make it a big deal for no one else to see us getting dressed so they know the difference

Nothing wrong with that, for a boy would be different but for girl I think its just fine.

Mines 8 I don’t make a big deal of it I just say turn around and I change real quick. Nothing to be ashamed of it’s just the human body. I don’t sit there with my hoohoo out or anything like that lol but changing real quick isn’t a big deal to me

My girls are 11, 12, 20, 22…they all still live at home, I am all over this house naked ALL the time :eyes:

2 Likes