When to stop co sleeping?

My bf still sleeps with his daughter in his bed when there are other beds available…it kinda bothers me a little bit… what age in your opinion should that be cutoff? As well as help with showers??

138 Likes

my son is 9 at times I still sleep with him or he’ll still sleep with me and I do still help him wash his hair

9 Likes

My daugther is 5 and will still sleep with her daddy…stopped bathing at 2

3 Likes

definitely depends on how old the daughter is…

2 Likes

This is definitely going to be a lot of different opinions but showers I feel like kids need help up until around 6 or 7 depending on where they’re at developmentally. As for sleeping, my daughters 1 and we’ve only done the co sleeping when she’s sick and can barely breathe- other than that she has her own bed/ crib

3 Likes

We still help our 7yr old daughter with showers. I still help our 6yr old son
Sometimes our 11yr old and 6yr old sons come into our bed

What’s the problem?

7 Likes

My daughter is 9 and we cobathe and cosleep.

7 Likes

My oldest is 12 and still sleeps with from time to time especially if she’s sick. The shower thing i quit washing them at like 3ish still helped with care for a while after

1 Like

I think the only problem here is you thinking it’s a problem.

82 Likes

I’d say 6 or 7, but theres different opinions on this. Some cultural differences too. ss still slept with his mom at 10. He has his own room, but sleeps with her instead.
Showers I’d say 5ish, but it depends.

3 Likes

My kids are ten and 15 and I never have done the co sleeping thing but if their were ever a reason - sick, nightmare, feeling bad- theyll snuggle with me. Showers they should be independently on their way 4-5 years old but they still may need help with the correct way to wash hair bc kids will be kids and just try to get it over with.

If you feel uncomfortable then its something else not just age .

16 Likes

Depends on the age… my son is 3 and still likes to sleep with mommy. And depends on what age with helping… like in the shower together?

It depends on the child and if the child has an disabilities etc. As long as it’s not sexual in anyway then it’s up to the child when they feel they want their own space

2 Likes

Well he is dad! It is only inappropriate if it is made that way :roll_eyes: if she is able to fully shower herself than let her do it. My daughter is almost 7 and can mostly shower herself but needs a little help with her hair. Her dad is allowed to help her as he is her father! Depending on the age of the child it may be a good idea to start weaning off of cosleeping but if there is nothing inappropriate going on and it is what they are comfortable with than let them be.

13 Likes

I think if it makes her feel safe, it should be fine. That’s how I see it with my kids. I sleep next to their dad at night, makes me feel bad thinking they’re sleeping alone when I’m not sleeping alone. I don’t like sleep alone either.

5 Likes

What’s the issue. Atleast he loves her. Some kids sleep with their parents until like 12 lol… it’s not weird it is a little old but still not something that doesn’t happen a lot, it’s his child lol

6 Likes

Dont make it look like something if its not. You have people that will run with that and make something out of nothing.

12 Likes

Unless you suspect sexual abuse it’s honestly not really your business. :woman_shrugging:Why does it bother you?

25 Likes

If child is comfortable sleeping with her father and not being forced for his benefit than I say let it be. Children sleep with mothers all the time and no one questions it so it shouldn’t be questioned just because it’s a father. My kids are 12,7 and 6 and still like sleeping with me. I don’t mind because I know one day the cuddles will stop. If you get uncomfortable with him sleeping with his daughter then maybe you shouldn’t be with him because something about him makes you uncomfortable or you don’t trust him. I stopped going in the bathroom with my oldest in the tub around 7 because she asked me to but I still help my two youngest if they ask

6 Likes

We don’t know her age…and there’s a difference between co-sleeping and showering with your child. Too many variables for an informed opinion.

5 Likes

I believe the answer depends on the people and the age. My son sometimes still sleeps with me and he is 12. Showering was different we had a tiny shower and limited water he showered with me until about 4. Unless you see something we don’t, Just because he is a dad doesn’t make it any different from a mom :person_tipping_hand:

7 Likes

I hope he is not getting in the shower with her and I agree with a previous comment that it doesn’t sound like its an age issue but a different issue ?

My son is 17 and when he doesn’t feel good he sleeps with me and my 8 year old sleeps me most nights

4 Likes

I will never stop letting my children climb into bed with me. If they need me enough to climb into bed, best believe I’ll scoot right on over, idc what age they are. I will never turn them down in a time where all they need is a little comfort. That’s just me though.

12 Likes

My son is almost 6 and still needs help in the shower and still sleeps with me.

2 Likes

My 10 year old still sleeps with me most of the time and so does my 1 1/2 year old .

1 Like

My qlmost 5yo still lies with me to fall asleep and he always makes his way back to my room throughout the night and I still help him with bathing or he would stink lol

1 Like

What’s the issue? Honestly it sounds like a jealousy thing on your part because his daughter sleeps with him honestly. He’s her dad, you’re the one making it weird honestly.

25 Likes

My daughter is 23 her and her son(3) are currently piled up in my bed. My son is 18 an still climbs in my bed after work to take a nap sometimes. It’s their safe place. However I never showered with them.

5 Likes

My brother Co-slept with my mom until he was about 12. I think once a child is capable of cleaning themselves, they should shower alone (late 5s)

2 Likes

How old is she? That would be helpful.
If she’s under 6, why are you complaining? He’s being a Dad! A good Dad at that.
Most people stop bathing around the ages 6 or 7. But sleeping with your child is OK until 10-12.
His Daughter loves him. You have a problem with him being a great Dad? Really! Most people would love to have that! And you’re complaining.

4 Likes

My daughter is two and she still sleeps with her daddy and me. She doesn’t shower with him bc he’s at work during her shower times. I still shower with her.

My daughter will be 6 soon. She sometimes still sleeps with us. My husband also helps her in the bath. He washes her hair but she will wash her body. I think it depends on the age and maturity level of the kid?

3 Likes

My 7 yr old , 10 yr old an 13 yr old boys stilllll for the love of god, jump in my bed any chance dads not home. Even tho they have thier own room an bed, they love to cuddle with momma. As for baths. Usually at around age 4 or 5

1 Like

Mine are 10, 7, and 5 and sleep with me any chance they get! And my 10 year old still needs help rinsing all the soap out of her hair. If you suspect anything other than fatherly love I would be concerned but otherwise good job daddy!!

3 Likes

My daughter’s learned how to shower at age 4 they also don’t sleep with us at night unless burning up with fever that need to be watched

My 5 year old needed someone laying with him until he was 4 almost 5, so one of us went to lay in his bed until he fell asleep most nights. It’s totally normal for kids to want to he close.

My husband and I dont share a bed. He has his own and our youngest 2 sleep with me. Our oldest has her own bed. When I work overnights, he sleeps in my bed with all 3 of our kids. Ages 2,4,7. I have never found this strange. I think it’s weird to think something other than a father loving his children.

11 Likes

Why does it bother you? Does he act weird towards her or do you just think it’s weird?

2 Likes

Whenever she’s uncomfortable is when she’s too old. There is nothing sexual about it.

5 Likes

We need more details. But I was 17 and crawled right into my daddys lap and cried and he held amd rocked me. I would sometimes sleep in the bed with him when I was 15 16. Once a daddy’s girl always a daddy girl.

3 Likes

Why does it bother you? He is the dad?? So if you had a boy and you still sleeping with him and bathing him would that be a problem?? My daughter is 5 sometimes she sleeps with my husband or take naps, he helps me with their baths and I don’t see anything wrong… HE IS THE DAD!!

5 Likes

Sounds like u r jealous and a bit perverted to think like this. Clearly you are not a mom. Butt out

18 Likes

How old is the child he bathes? My 17 yr old lays in my bed when he’s sick. What’s the big deal?

4 Likes

I shower with my daughter shes 4, but her dad NEVER showered with her. Its weird to me I dont do the showering/bathing with dads especially if its a girl child. But she still gets in bed with me and my fiance or her father at his house when shes had a bad dream or something

1 Like

My 7 year old son sleeps in my bed on nights daddy is working nights. Nothing wrong with it. I also still help him shower here and there bc he usually doesn’t get all the soap out of his hair. My daughter is 4 she likes to sleep in her own bed since day 1. Still needs help washing her hair.

Maybe the daughter likes sleeping with her dad because it makes her feel safe maybe she’s not comfortable sleeping by herself yet. I think some people are thinking more sexual about this than what it really is.

3 Likes

That’s his daughter. If you’re not his bio mom you have no say in how he parents.

3 Likes

My son never did. But once he had seizure’s. I had him co sleep with me for year’s.

My 4 and 2 year old still sleep with me sometimes. If she wants to sleep with her daddy she can. There is nothing wrong with a 5 year old doing that. Besides, are you bio mom? If not then you have no say in the matter. And he can help her bathe if she needs the help. It’s not weird.

1 Like

If u don’t trust the man why u have kids with him?! My 10yr old still cuddles with step-dad. He’s been with us since she was 1.

Man c’mon let them be great, I bet you’d complain if you had to do everything for his daughter. My kids are 12 and 14 and will sleep with me if I let them.

3 Likes

Ummm why are you with a guy you think is a perve you are mentally ill my 12 year girls sometimes sleep with me and my husband its nothing wrong with it!

1 Like

This is all personal opinion honestly. Everyone’s answer is going to be different and every person is entitled to their own opinions. I feel like those things are only weird if you make them weird. My husband showers with my youngest, 3, but since about 2 he wears boxers now but they love showering together and I love that they have the bond they do! We sleep naked and so obviously sometimes walk around naked and I have 2 girls 11 and 3. My aunt’s do nudity in their home as well and they have a 12 year old boy and 3 other girls, one of them possibly trans herself. And sleeping together there is no age limit! You do that until your kid inevitably turns into a monster and starts hating everything about you in those dark, dark teenage years​:rofl::worried::sleepy::flushed: And my oldest still sometimes likes to shower with me and sometimes it’s all 3 of us, herself, me and my youngest. This is all personal opinion and preferences but I’ve always thought those guys who are like extra weird about bathing their own daughter or nakedness or when they accidentally brush a private part, that shit creeps me out and makes me think weirdly about them honestly. I would never trust a man like that, that’s just me personally but whatever. It really just sounds like your husband is a loving and caring father and I would just appreciate that because I promise you that those days are numbered​:tired_face::worried::sleepy: EVERY KID turns into a goddamn monster eventually and you’ll get them back 1 day but not until they’re 20’s at the earliest​:woman_shrugging::rofl::100: Let him soak it up with his baby before she’s no longer a baby and won’t want any if this anymore.

My oldest son is almost 4 & naps with me & his little brother but doesnt want to sleep in mine & daddys bed at night. He likes his room & his bed. Of course I still help him in the bath washing his body but he DOES know how to wash his butt & privates. I usually do a quick wipe over when hes done just to be sure though. Age & maturity has everything to do with this.

Um 27 still sleep my mum, my 30+ yeah old brother do to. My son nearly five and neice. Aged 9 what’s the problem

One, how old is the child? We can’t fully help you without disclosing the age. Two, he is the dad. What does it matter? If it was a mom with her daughter or son then no one would find anything wrong with it. Stop sexualizing a relationship between father and daughter

20 Likes

We have to stop sexualizing things that no one would blink an eye at if it was mother/son.

19 Likes

I feel like the kid’s age was intentionally left out. :thinking:

12 Likes

Mine is 10, he sleeps with me every night, unless one of his cousins stay over. I don’t care how old he is, he can. It’s a safe area of the world, kids need that

3 Likes

My 11 year old daughter sometimes sleeps with me because she wants mommy and she bathes herself. My 4 yr old sleeps with either me or her dad since she’s a huge cuddler. I still help my 4 yr old with baths and so does her dad

1 Like

Does it bother you because she’s a girl and you think it’s sexual? If so, why are you with this guy?

If it just bothers you because there’s a kid in your bed then that’s reasonable, it sucks, but he only has so much time until his kids are grown. Let him love being a daddy.

4 Likes

My son is 2 yrs and ive co slept with him since he was born. And i shower with him to save time in the mornings if we have a busy day ahead of us.

1 Like

You shouldnt be with someone who has a child.

1 Like

Also, my son is 3 and I still let him sleep in our bed if he wakes up in the middle of the night or if my husband is at work. I don’t do it alot anymore tho due to my 2 month old waking a couple times a night

My husband and I both had our daughter until she was about three. Helping with showers…idk about that…for a girl I think the mom should do that, and for boy then the father…or mom if they are young.

1 Like

That’s his kid…I am 28 and still crawl in bed with my parents…

8 Likes

My sister stopped sleeping in my mom’s bed at 12. And help as in actually help washing or staying in the bathroom or checking on them every so often? Actually help washing till about 6 - then do a hair sniff test to make sure they actually washed. Checking on them until about 9 or 10.

My daughter still sleeps with me when I have her and her dad when he does. She is 10. I have no problems with it

2 Likes

And what’s wrong with that? Alot of parents co-sleep.

3 Likes

He’s her father so what is the big deal. Y’all make things perverted when it shouldn’t be

13 Likes

A father is a father. If he needs to be close to her or vice versa it’s nothing but innocent and if she needs help with showers then she needs help. Why make it into something?? If she hasn’t hit puberty I’d stay in your own lane

9 Likes

Whenever him and his daughter dont want to anymore. Why do you care ? Its weird that it bothers you…if you don’t trust him, why are you dating him? It sounds like youre overstepping as the gf…how he parents his child is up to him and his daughters mother.

13 Likes

You’re jealous of a child?

7 Likes

If you cant and dont trust your husband sleeping with the child then theirs a bigger issue there. And you didn’t give an age of the child

4 Likes

It sounds like gf is jealous of the little girl. Your never to old to sleep in the bed with your parents. And bathing it depends on the little girl she will tell her dad she can take a bath by herself that is part of growing up. And if the gf has a problem with this father and daughter relationship maybe this on ain’t for you.

7 Likes

His kid you don’t have a say

2 Likes

my 10 yr old sleeps in my king size bed on their side. Does it matter if its a boy or a girl? its my kid. as for showers, cut-off for showering together would be 2-3 yrs old. why does it bother you so much? would it bother you if it was your kid together? doubt it

3 Likes

The father daughter relationship is exactly the same as the mother son mother daughter relationship… most girls with long hair still need help washing/rinsing their hair in the shower. and sleep with a parent is comfort, simple! Do YOU feel uncomfortable about it? Why??? Age? Not used to it, coz yr kids dad didn’t do it?
Your concerns don’t make the situation wrong. It sounds like a loving caring father that is doing exactly what a mother does, that we would NEVER question, simply because we’re female :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Age plays a big factor here. He shouldnt be helping a 7 year old shower. But sleeping in the same bed isnt weird. Why sexualize a father daughter relationship? They have probably been doing things that way long before you came around and now that you’re his lil gf you think you have a say so? Honey,no

2 Likes

My 6 year old sometimes comes and snuggles with me and her dad and her 2 year old sister’s bed is still. Connected to ours. They are only little once let him enjoy that time. My 6 year old would rather bathe and shower not by her dad 2nd she wants privacy though

My kids are 13 and 15 and still sometimes sleep in bed with us. Nothing inappropriate about it. As far as help with a shower…you do it until the kid can properly do it alone.

1 Like

Can we get a answer on the age. I think its funny how she left it out…

3 Likes

Sounds like someone’s jelous

1 Like

I have 3 kids my oldest is a 5 almost 6 yr old boy. He still sleeps with me and i still help him with showers. He’s my kid. Its my responsibility to assist him with tgings he still has difficulty doing on his own. Its my responsibility as a parent to make sure he feels safe and if hes scared sleeping alone and wants to sleep with me theres nothing wrong with that. Hes my son im his mom.

Im 22 i still occasionally sleep with my mom. It makes me feel safe and like a kid again. I really don’t see what tge problem is

2 Likes

How old is she ? That would determine my answer. If she’s 16 then it’s a little odd . I slept next to my dad until I was 10

1 Like

I think sleeping is min the same bed is fine and I’m 19. Now help with showers for a dad to daughters like 8. If she needs help after that should be mom unless he’s a single father than that’s not his fault if she still needs help

This is gonna be a touchy subject. This literally varies with families. For me it falls in the same category as grown men kissing their moms on the lips. It’s weird to me and crosses a line, but for some people it’s considered normal. He just clearly feels differently and maybe was raised in a different environment than you were. I don’t think sleeping with children is appropriate at any age, but that’s me. My girls love to cuddle up with me. Sometimes they fall asleep by me, but they always get moved to their own beds. A lot of people disagree with me and that’s fine. Sounds like you need to have this conversation with your boyfriend and get his take on it. It’s something you and he will need to agree on and if you try to satisfy outside opinions in your relationship it’s going to fail anyway. Only your and his ability to communicate and get on the same page/compromise is going to be effective.

if you’re legitimately creeped out by his behavior and think it’s crossing a line then you need to get authorities involved

2 Likes

I have a 3yr old and 11 yr old girl and my son is 12…they all still climb in bed with me…perhaps its a comfort thing and the way this world today is if sleeping in mamas bed is where they find comfort they can sleep with me forever

1 Like

My 7 year old son still sleeps with me it’s what makes the child comfortable

1 Like

My son is 8 and has always slept in his own bed/crib since he was born. However me and his dad split when he was like a year. When he goes to his dads house he always sleeps with him. I don’t see anything wrong with it I just can’t sleep good with other people is why I don’t. My son also takes showers by himself and probably started around seven. He is also a boy and they aren’t as mature as girls so I still go check and make sure he scrubs his self good and washes his hair good. It just depends on the child’s maturity when it comes to the showers. They are all different and you need to make sure the child is clean.

2 Likes

I used to still sleep in my mums bed when I was 14/15, IMO your never to old to sleep with your parents, they are my home, and I feel safe when I am with them! My three year still sleeps in bed with me and her dad, and they have a bath together, is that weird to you? Because your pretty perverted if that’s how your thinking.

2 Likes

Would it be strange if her mum was doing it?no? Ok

4 Likes

I have three boys, 11, 8, and 7. My husband works nights and the kids all randomly come crawl in bed with me. Sometimes it’s a bad dream and sometimes it’s a comfort thing with Daddy overnight. I see no problem with it

1 Like

I’d say it’s none of your business and let him be the dad he needs to be! If you don’t like it you could always sleep in one of those other beds available! Just sayin

16 Likes

Yeah I’m on same page as most of you. Are you jealous? What’s the issue?? I mean if she’s like 16 or 17 yeah that’s odd but I mean come on chick get ur stuff together. Maybe date some1 w out kids.

6 Likes

It depends on how old she is if it’s her father. It doesn’t matter that it is his daughter. At some point it’s inappropriate period.

5 Likes

I think a man sharing a bed with his teenage daughter would be a little odd…and him showering with her past a couple of years would be odd as well.

3 Likes

I think by 8 kids should bathe by themselves and sleep by themselves.

3 Likes