When to stop co sleeping?

My bf quit showering with my daughter when she reached up, pulled on his willy and asked“what’s this, daddy?” :joy::joy: That was about 26 years ago. My son started showering on his own at age 4 and I would just watch to make sure he got everything. He still crawls into bed with us in the mornings, on occasion and he’s 9 but he doesn’t like to sleep with us anymore.

4 Likes

Dads should help.do hair till kid doesnt need it

4 Likes

I don’t think the dad should be taking showers with her though. Just depends on her age.

I slept with my dad until I was like, 10 maybe…and I slept with my mom probably until I was like 12😂

1 Like

My oldest is 9yrso, I still help her with showers because if I don’t she’ll skip washing her hair or scrubbing. Kids do that then they stink like wet dog.

He’s just your bf so I’m assuming he’s a single parent. Wth do you think he did before you came along?

I wanted to add, the way you’re wording this question, you’re proposing he might be doing something that’s wrong or inappropriate. Watch yourself that’s someone’s reputation and if it’s not true its slander/libel.

That’s someone’s life you’re fucking with. If he was truly doing something inappropriate you should go to the police with proof. I’m assuming you’re the pervert weirdo though that’s why you’re projecting on him.

4 Likes

This has to be coming from someone who doesn’t have a child.

23 Likes

My guess is she didn’t put an age because this post would be even more ridiculous and she is jealous of the child. So the issue is with her, not the kid or her dad.

19 Likes

This is just me but i wouldn’t let my son sleep with me when he was little unless he was sick or scared. This is just my opinion but i dont do cosleeping its scary when they are little, not safe and a very hard habit to break. Cut off to help with bathing is when the child can wash themselves which is usually 5 or 6.

1 Like

I sleep with my 5 year old…but one day he said my boobs look like pokeballs so I now sleep fully covered lol

6 Likes

There’s no right or wrong answer to this. It’s all preference between parent and kid

1 Like

My daughter’s Dr. Told us it is fine she will stop when she’s ready enjoy it until then because they grow up so fast

Everyone has their own opinion. I honestly prefer kids sleep in their own beds. Are you guys living together and he would rather sleep with her or does he have his own place with her? Hold old is she? Many factors go into it.

2 Likes

My children are 6&7 they sleep in their own beds and shower on their own. However sometimes they crawl in our bed and sometimes they need help with the shower. My husband and I both help.

1 Like

Unless there is serious concern… don’t bother… if he is a single dad than let it be.
There is nothing wrong with his daughter sleeping with him… if you notice something seriously wrong that’s different.

2 Likes

The true question is why does that bother you?

14 Likes

My daughter is 2 and sleeps in her own bed ever since she was born. Dont co sleep unless u are ready to continue co sleeping hntil theyre teenagers lol

1 Like

I think 6 or 7 is a good age where they should be sleeping in their own beds. You don’t want a prepubescent kid sleeping with their parents. That’s how you get a Norman Bates.

4 Likes

Almost 4 year old and dad helps with shower if I’m busy with the new baby. He’s being a parent.

2 Likes

I still sleep with my 16 year old son sometimes, its only a problem if you make it a problem

8 Likes

Since it’s his daughter and obviously her parents have split, I’m sure there’s some underlying issues from that. She may feel more comfortable with him there to sleep. Kids are fine to shower by themselves by age 10 without assistance and/or before, depending. I went thru similar situation when I was a child, I recommend treading lightly but communicate your concern to him. My dad told me that my stepmom said he shouldn’t put me to bed so he stopped. I despised her for it as my family was broken and that was a quality time for me and him without the others interfering. It will be a hard road ahead if you stay but children are a lot of work but also very innocent so don’t be too hard on her as she’ll just want your love and support.

4 Likes

My son’s 6, hes literally in my bed every other night and when he goes to his dad’s he ends up with him… it’s his safe place, anything to ensure he gets the sleep he needs for school the next day… as for showering I’m teaching independence, I pop my head round the door to check on him, and remind him to use the soap a million times but he does the actual washing I just smell his hair to double check etc … this is insane, the dude is being a good dad, to me leave him to it unless you’ve reason to suggest otherwise

1 Like

My son was in my bed till 6, and our daughter still needs shower help at 8. So what’s the issue exactly

3 Likes

It’s hard to answer that not knowing the age. If she is little then no, it’s not weird. If she is much older. Then yes, it’s weird.

1 Like

My fiancées little sister is like 8 and still sleeps with her mom and dad. Everyone is different. My daughter is 4 and hates sleeping in bed with me. She likes her room lol.

It’s all normal unless you have kids you wouldn’t understand. My question is it make you uncomfortable because he’s a male and she obviously a little girl and feel that he shouldn’t be doing this at all for his daughter (sleeping/washing) if the kid is over ten then I’d be like ok time to talk about cutting her off lol but if she’s a little girl she needs him period

4 Likes

Showers would be a no but I slept with my son till he was like 5 whats the diff of a dad sleeping with daughter. When i was little I had my dad come lay with me plenty when I got scared sometimes instead of my mom. Unless there is a legit reason for concern I wouldn’t worry. And if there is then thats totally diff and u should do somthing

1 Like

How old is she?? That kinda makes a diff here

2 Likes

I have 6 kids my oldest who’s 12 is the only one who doesn’t sleep in our room…my other 5 are 10, 6, 5, 3 & 1…maybe invest in a large bed so it won’t be an issue?

2 Likes

I’d say kindergarten with sleeping and around same with bath.

Why do people post stuff like this without giving the age of the child? Is she 2? Is she 17? :woman_shrugging:t2:

20 Likes

That is his child! Why is sleeping with his child a problem??

11 Likes

Just date someone without kids…you are def. not mentally equiped to be a step parent. :expressionless::unamused:

15 Likes

My children are 3 and 6 they both still sleep with me, and I still bathe them both. Although I recently told my daughter she is getting to the age where she can start taking showers herself but of course I’ll still help her if she needed it.

5 Likes

It shouldn’t bother you unless hes really old or something else is giving you red flags?

1 Like

I still craw in the middle of my parents in the bed(to watch movies. I’m 29​:joy::joy::joy: in fact all 6 of my siblings (boys and girls )do too. And if one of the girls have a bad break up or are super upset all in their 20’s one 18 they sleep in the middle​:joy::joy::joy: I think it’s normal for some family’s it’s not weird. For us at least.:woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

A parent is a parent & should help children til they feel they r completely capable of doing it themselves… not everyone is some sick psycho freak… some ppl r just parents raising their children… my oldest son slept in my bed til 6 & in my room in his own bed til he was 8… I washed his hair til he was about 8 as well cuz he just didn’t do it quite good enough… there would still be shampoo in it if I let him do it hisself… our almost 5 year old daughter still sleeps in our bed… & I sometimes put our 18 month Son in our bed if he gets up in the middle of the night

2 Likes

Why are yalls kids that old needing to sleep with you?? No independence??? Y’all didnt build it enough that they’re comfortable in their own space?? My 2yr old and 11m old are in their own beds. Kids need help in the shower and thats understandable but fr pop them off the titty already and help them gain enough confidence to be independent.

I’m guessing she doesn’t have any kids of her own lol

5 Likes

Blood is thicker than water. His little girl will always be first. If that’s what they like then let it go. A father and daughter bond is amazing. Wouldn’t want to see it get ruined.

9 Likes

I don’t feel so bad now. My son’s 6 an my daughter will be 8 an they sleep with me. They hate the thought of sleeping in there own rooms. I’m there safe place since there dad isn’t really around. I’d love tips on trying to break them of sleeping with me.

2 Likes

Sorry but leave him be lol I’m assuming she’s a younger child. He obviously loves her. Dont date someone with kids if you don’t like it. I shared the bed with my kids when I got either my now husband . Never heard a complaint from him

6 Likes

3 for bed and 5/6 they should be able to take a shower on their own

1 Like

Our son is 2 and still sleeps in our bed because that’s where he is most comfortable and I still take showers and he joins and loves playing in the water so is that also weird?
I know a guy who was a single father of a little girl and he helped her off and on and told her how to clean herself until she was about 5 years old then she learned to do it herself and just needed help with her hair but after a while she no longer needed him. Why are you making such a big deal out of it? How old is the child? Your not giving any details or much on the situation but it makes you look jealous as shit. There is absolutely NO reason you should be making it out to be anything badly unless you see it with your own eyes but I doubt that’s the case.

Sick behavior cut off time should be under six mo

7 Likes

I have a 14 year old son who will crawl in bed with me if he doesn’t feel good. There is only a problem when someone sexualizes a parent child relationship. My son will also come to me for anything ask me questions about his body etc… Thinking it’s inappropriate for this or that is the reason the kids shut you out when they get older in my opinion.

7 Likes

my kids always sleep in their own bed unless we travel then my daughter sleeps between us and son in a pack n play. but other than that i always make my kids sleep jn their kids i dont want them too used to sleeping w us. thats us tho…

1 Like

Quit being jealous of his baby

15 Likes

Why is sleeping with his child bothering you?

my sons dad and i are divorced, and agreed to our son sleeping in his own bed. hes 5…but we both started dating other people when he was 4. I found out his dad’s gf and him were cosleeping when my son would spend summers there…didnt fly well with me. i do not think the bf or gf should be in the same bed as the child. nothing sexual or anything, just not my style. my bf and I do not allow my son to sleep in bed with us. I am not sure what my sons dad does now…i try not to worry over things i cannot change and i like his gf so i will take what i can get i suppose.

2 Likes

Kids are 4, 5, and 6 years old. All take showers and get dressed on their own (we turn on the shower for the 4 and 5 year old so they dont accidently make it too hot or cold) and sleep in their own beds with no issue. Daddy and I need time to be intimate with each other, no babies in the bed!! Lol

1 Like

It’s his daughter the only thing weird is you thinking it’s weird

8 Likes

How old is she? Does he do things that make you think he’s actually abusing her? If it bothers you then you should probably leave. You don’t trust him. That kind of trust can’t be earned. Your mind has already tarnished his image.

6 Likes

But it truly is preference. I mean ur the girfriend, so i guess if it bugs you discuss it with him but in the end it is his daughter. if it makes you uncomfortable I would suggest not sleeping there? idk. you left out many details that would make this easier to give advice on lol.

1 Like

How about YOU stop sexualizing children. you are the problem.

8 Likes

Be glad he is taking care of his daughter lots of men do not

7 Likes

It’s his child, if u had a son you would let him snuggle with you no matter the age :person_tipping_hand: also by 8 my kids can take a shower alone

7 Likes

My daughters 6 turning 7 and still likes to sleep with me. It’s comfort for them, not you

5 Likes

My son is 9 and he still crawls in bed with me sometimes. It’s his safe space when he’s missed me, as I work second shift and dont get to see him a lot during the week especially during the school year. :woman_shrugging:t2:

My son also needs help sometimes with showers, he’s autistic, and struggles sometimes with the feeling of soap in his hair. It’s not an all the time thing, but he does have some days where he struggles with tactile issues more than others.

If the child is 2, then I’m struggling to see the problem here. Any two year old needs help bathing. Each child is different and it sounds, to me, like he is just trying to make sure her needs are met the best way he knows how to do so.

4 Likes

I don’t see an issue. Little girls love their dads. That’s an amazing thing for them to grow up with their fathers love and support

2 Likes

Lol my five year old still wants to sleep with us every night a habit that’s really hard to break, my one year old already sleeps alone but we coslept longer with the five year old so now she’s extremely hard to get to sleep alone and as much as she has her own baths Her dad or I still go wash her hair for her. So I don’t think this is weird.

1 Like

I slept with my dad until I was probably like 5 or 6. Are you being sexist by chance? Would this be okay if he was a woman?

5 Likes

Why make a big deal about a dad being a DAD?

4 Likes

My mom mb are a mistake with me my dad was work7ng the night shift I was 2 yrs old mom left me sleep with her then my dad shift changed they put me in my crib I remember crying my heart out u felt so bad didn’t know what I did wrong so I never put my kids in bed with me you will have a worse time getting them to go stay I. There beds good luck

1 Like

I am 37 and I still go over to my parents and crawl in there bed sometimes

1 Like

Maybe the child has sensory issues or other issues?

My son is 4 and still sleeps with me. I have a 14 year old that does the same. The only problem is you thinking it’s weird.

5 Likes

If it was your child would you think it was so weird ?

2 Likes

My sister is going to be 7 and she still sometimes sleeps in the bed with my dad and her mom. Or sometimes she just likes to sleep with my dad. NOTHING wrong with it or sexual which it may seem like you’re taking it that way. Kids see their parents as their safe place.

5 Likes

If it was inappropriate, you’d definitely know if you actually pay attention to the child. It’s only weird or uncomfortable if you make it weird and uncomfortable.

6 Likes

I slept with my kid in my bed till he was 10 it’s a mama thing it’s a very hard habit to break

1 Like

*** if u have reason to believe he is abusing her then call the authorities ***

My brother in laws daughter is 12 and still has snuggles in bed with her dad and he helps her wash her hair. The only thing “weird” about your post is the fact u find it weird to be honest. Do not poison their relationship with ur sick thoughts x

10 Likes

You’re the problem not the child or father. Sorry, not sorry :woman_shrugging: we have a five year old daughter and she sleeps in our bed with us. You should be happy he’s such a great dad and wants to make sure his child is good and taken care of and not a deadbeat.

8 Likes

Stop sexualizing a child!!! He is her dad!

12 Likes

I feel like there are so many judgmental people on this post. Are we going to act like children do not get sexually abused by parents? She is not sexualizing it. If she is having that feeling maybe something is going on. My only question is how old is she? At a certain age I definitely would feel suspicious if the father had to sleep in the same bed with the child every night. I even feel like after a certain age dads should stop giving baths.

5 Likes

She is HIS daughter! If he’s not doing anything inappropriate with her, then let them be. I’m sure when his daughter wants to sleep in her own bed, she will do so.

4 Likes

My daughters 13 and still sleeps with me sometimes. Not as often. The shower thing depends on if she is capable of giving herself one. Which mine could do at around 6 or 7

4 Likes

My sister is 8 and she still sleeps in the bed with my mom they share that room. I don’t see why it matters to you

2 Likes

Both my kids slept with me. I nursed them both and it was just easier. My son stopped nursing at 15 months, my daughter at 12 months. My son naturally just started sleeping on his own at about 5. My daughter will be 12 this year and still sleeps with me. I don’t think it’s weird at all. The fact that it’s a dad and daughter doesn’t change the scenario. I’d be really upset if someone was questioning why my daughter still sleeps with me. It’s a comfort thing. Plus she likes sleeping with the dog and he too is in my bed. My son at almost 14 will go lay in my bed when he’s sick. Something comforting about being in a parents bed. It’s safe. Don’t know why this is an issue at all.

4 Likes

She must not be a mom herself and doesn’t understand that bond. It’s something only a parent would understand

7 Likes

Before my mom passed away, I’d still go crawl in her bed!
I’m twenty seven.
I miss her!

6 Likes

I think we need more context. If she’s like 16, then weird. If she’s a little kid… my question is, are you yourself a parent? Do you sleep in bed with your child. Just because he’s a Male you’re making his relationship with his child weird… and that’s unacceptable.

8 Likes

My situation is the same yet different. Everyone wants to get high on their horses when no 2 situations are the same. My 9yo SD slept in the same room/bed with her mom and little brother for a couple years and prior to that shared a room with older brother. We’re at the point now that BM is so fucked up that we have full custody and a 9yo that refuses to sleep in her own room. If we ask/make her to sleep in there it’s non stop crying and tantrums. She got so used to co-sleeping that she sleeps on the couch, every night…

My son sleeps with me or his stepdad or we all three sleep together. Because well let’s face it hes a Daddy’s boy. And my son has medicals issues we both have to be on alert for. Ain’t nothing wrong with a parent being a parent.

1 Like

I dont think you are wrong for questioning it. When i started dating my now husband, his daughter slept with him. I didnt mind or think anything inappropriate but i felt uncomfortable sleeping with them. I would sleep in a different bed if i stayed or make my husband sleep in bed with her in her bed.

1 Like

You must not have children of your own

2 Likes

My kids can climb in my bed with me or fall asleep there until I’m dead and gone :person_tipping_hand: doesn’t happen often but if they feel safe in bed with me then they can snuggle up I don’t care if they are 30

3 Likes

Or are u jealous that she sleeps in his bed and not you :thinking:

1 Like

How old is the child is what I want to know not that it makes a difference

1 Like

My oldest 2 are 10 and 11 and still sleep with me sometimes.

1 Like

I think the age should have been included in this

4 Likes

My grandaughter is 13 and still gets in my bed as well as my 5yr grandaughter!!
It’s a safety net for them !

1 Like

My daughter slept in my bed until she was 5. My son Is almost 6 and still sleeps in my bed. When I was 17 I crawled in my grandmother’s hospital bed and held her while she went to heaven. I don’t see anything wrong with it.

2 Likes

My son is 7 in a few months. His dad and I aren’t together. We both help him wash. We help him get changed before and after swimming.

And he climbs in bed with either of us for a cuddle in the night. We’re his mummy and daddy. It’s what we’re for. It’s comfort. And love. X

4 Likes

All my kids (1,3,5) except my 12 yr old ends up in my bed at some point. He will come in but lay as far away as possible on my king. And all the kids have their own beds…

All my kids except the baby will shower, the 3 and 5 yr old get watched or told and watched and I wash hair. The 12 yr old took showers by himself at 8 and I checked hair by smelling. The 5 yr old has water sensory issues and showers are a pain for him.

But talk to the bf.

2 Likes

She doesn’t need help with showers if she is 6+. And sleeping I’m not sure. It depends. If it were normal and nothing was goin on then she can sleep in his bed for her whole life if she wanted it’s her dad. But if something’s going on then no .

5 Likes

Maybe I only understand where she’s coming from because there have been lots of people sexually abused in my family by parents Aunt uncles cousins grandparents. If she doesn’t feel right about it chances are something probably isn’t right.

1 Like

My daughter is 7 months old and sleeps with me and her dad. My brother and sister are 5 and 3 and will crawl into bed with us or their parents. They refuse to sleep alone

1 Like

We can’t give our input BC we don’t know age

1 Like

Idk me as a mom I’d say around puberty would be my cut off. I felt the same way before I was a parent. But I think it’s different with opposite sex children and parents. Idk that’s tricky I’d let it be if there was nothing wrong going on. Some kids need it

2 Likes

I mean unless you think he is abusing her then i do not see a problem.

4 Likes