Who is in the right?

I have two children. The kids father and I haven’t been together for 3 years. We have a great friendship I’ve known him for about 8 years. We had this thing for tax season where we alternate each year where I give him 1,000 one year and then the next year he gives me 1,000 and vice versa. This probably went on for only 2 years. This year, the 3rd year I was supposed to give him 1,000 but before he helped me file my taxes I told him I don’t want that agreemet anymore where we give eachother 1,000. I don’t have a job and I’m trying to save all my money for a down payment. It’s not much and the more I spend the less I have for a down payment. He got really mad because even though he had a job he never seems to have money. Well he pushed my taxes through either way even though I said no more 1,000 for either of us. Now that I received my taxes hes mad and pushing and pushing I give him the 1,000 because he wants to spend it on dumb things because he never has money. He even said our older child is going to start living with him even though hes irresponsible. He’s doing this all of a sudden because I won’t give him the money. Am I the bad guy here for going back on our agreement of 1,000? He said if I don’t give him the money he will report me for claiming our children and doing taxes “without his knowledge”