Why do guys make jokes about me and my husband’s unborn baby being theirs?

Me and my husband are pregnant and I have now had 3 guy friends make comments to me about my baby being theirs. I've been with my husband a couple years now and it is mutual friends of ours saying this and its so bizarre to me. One guy said I'd love it if that baby were mine and when I said that it made me uncomfortable, he immediately apologized and said he was just joking but he's avoided me since I told him I didnt like that. Which who cares but its awkward now.

One guy said it in person (in front of his wife and my husband) that’s my baby in you and I acted like I didn’t hear it cause it was so weird but his wife did and looked upset. (obviously)
And the third guy has told me and my husband that my baby is his or refers to my baby as “our child” when talking.
I literally don’t know how to respond and I feel so weird but I’m thinking I just need to correct the other 2 like I did the first. It’s so weird, no I don’t cheat on my husband, never have, never will. And I’m honestly wondering if anyone else has had their guy friends say stuff like this to you when you were pregnant. Idk what to do. Is it a joke? but some of the guys have made these comments like twice or three times now. What does this mean? At first I thought this wasn’t a thing or something anyone would joke about & say to happily married people but three different guys have done it so I’m not sure

139 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why do guys make jokes about me and my husband’s unborn baby being theirs? - Mamas Uncut

My husband and friend’s said that to me, it was just a joke to me. They even said my the priest was the father. I think his friend’s where shocked he is going to a dad.

If there friends with your husband also they might be just like a guy thing. Like hey man I’ll protect yours like I would my own thing but definitely clear it up and make sure that’s what being said

1 Like

I had a few do that to us when we were expecting and now, 5 years later, one still talks about our son being his… I don’t understand exactly why it’s such a common joke among men but it is so I play along and remind him that I’m still waiting on my child support checks :rofl:

13 Likes

That sounds like the fae trying to claim your child to me

It’s a common joke men say to pregnant women they’re friends with. I think it’s a backhanded attempt to compliment you and tell you they find you attractive.

9 Likes

They think you’re attractive. Tell them how much child support they owe​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

My husbands friends do it too. :woman_shrugging:t3: just tonight my 4 year old was yelling for his dad at practice and one of our friends answered him and my kid literally said “no, my other dad” :rofl::rofl::woman_facepalming:t3:

Guys are weird. But if you’re husband doesn’t take offense to it, then I wouldn’t worry. I also joke about waiting on child support payments. :woman_shrugging:t3:

14 Likes

It happens and it’s annoying.

1 Like

this must be an age related thing…. normal adults don’t do this

13 Likes

Me and my husband and friends do this still and my kids r 2 and 8. My husband still to this day says my son belongs to the mailman. I even do it with my friends that pregnant. I’ll be like that’s baby in there. It’s literally just a joke.

7 Likes

They’re joking around flirtatiously, it’s a guy thing.

5 Likes

They’re taking the piss, if it makes you uncomfortable tell them that you don’t find it funny.

My fiance and his friends always joke and say his bestfriend is our sons "step dad":rofl: I think guys just find it funny lol idk really

2 Likes

I have never ever heard such a ridiculous “joke” and some of you are saying it’s common?!

11 Likes

Just say…”That’s right! Child support payments will be sought“ :laughing:

7 Likes

I had guy friends who I had never ever would never sleep with come up to me and when someone say something about me being pregnant they’d say “it’s not mine!” …,…like no shit

This must be a generational thing because I certainly have never heard of people doing this :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

It’s a lame guy joke. I had one of my husband’s friends (we were dating at the time) tell him that he was going to say hi to his son later that morning. They’re in the military and apparently it was a joke between the guys. I still mess around with my husband asking if he’s sure our daughter is his, she looks identical to him down to how they act. I’ve never given him a reason to doubt me so he knows it’s a joke. Their humor is different, i don’t mind it and partake at times. They have to entertain themselves somehow when they spends month after month deployed or training.

3 Likes

Idk but to say it in front of his wife that’s weird. Maybe the think it’s a joke, they think is funny…some men don’t know what to say to a pregnant woman. Just thinking they’re trying to break the ice lol.

4 Likes

It’s just a gross joke. They probably don’t realize exactly what they’re saying. In their minds if it’s a joke it’s harmless. Now here’s where we tell if they’re nice misguided guys, or assholes. Have you asked them to stop? If not please do and see how they react. They should be nothing less than sorry and willing to stop.

They think you’re attractive and wished it was you having their baby. Your husbands friends are not really his friends

4 Likes

It’s a guy thing. My husband’s friends did this and he does it to them too (they’re police officers.)

4 Likes

Pshhh Girl it’s a joke. I think most of the guy friends do it to get at their friends and aggravate them. But if it makes you uncomfortable then always speak up and say something. But if I were you I really wouldn’t read too much into it.

9 Likes

Ew. Maybe I’m just old, but that’s just weird

7 Likes

My husband jokes saying my kids belong to the man hiding in my closet. The hubby and I have been together 13 years. Never cheated and never will its a man thing

I find it very weird but what does your husband say about it? Is it a common joke between them? Does he say this to the other friends wives when they are pregnant?

my husbands friend who jokes with him often (usually “your mom” jokes) has called our son his son to my husband in front of me. it’s just a joke so we just laugh. my husband is very territorial mind you so if he’s not bothered i’m not.

1 Like

I’ve heard this often from all my Ex’s guy friends. Ex thought it was funny and never once thought anything of it as far as me being a cheater or anything.
One time newborn had a MASSIVE explanation. I’m talking about one of those poops that are so bad you don’t even know where to begin. Well a few minutes prior one of the friends made that comment and I simply picked up my son and said “ clean him up you said he’s yours” and walked away… Given the fact he didn’t have any children or knew anything about how to take care of one, he panicked and I never heard it again. Lol

5 Likes

I’ve had 5 kids and not one of my husbands friends said things like this. That’s weird af. Do they not like your husband? Do they want y’all to split up?

4 Likes

Cristóbal Paterson she must be friends with Evan Butler

2 Likes

None of my guy friends would dare say something so offensive. They all know better, thank f#ck
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They think you’re beautiful and they really wish you were having their baby. But the TRUTH is guy thing or not this completely disrespectful to everyone, you, your husband and their wives. Joking around or not my husband would be pissed if one of his friends said that about our unborn baby. Sounds like you need to stand up for yourself and tell them it bothers you. If you don’t say anything their honestly going to keep doing it without a second thought.

3 Likes

To me this sounds like husband has made remarks to friends about not thinking kid is his and they are trying to say something that can be laughed at as a joke but to read your reaction to see if you panic etc but obv guys are dumb n all 3 have done it so its now suspicious…or thats just my way of thinking …sorry

8 Likes

Girl you must look gorgeous! That’s what comes to mind when I read this😅

3 Likes

Maybe they know something your husband doesn’t Lmao :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I’ve had guys I’m not friends with but slept with years ago message me and ask if I’m having their baby or if one of my kids is theirs. I’m like no that’s not how pregnancy works. Please go back to school and learn something. Lol

1 Like

Depending on the context that it is used,If they’re that close of friends then u & your husband should know that they are just joking…I’ve joked around saying sexual things to my cousins husbands for years(they know it’s just for fun);& since being with my htb he now knows that it is harmless…The way I see it,it’s harmless f it’s done in front of them,it’s when they get sneaky & do/say it behind your back is when u have to worry

1 Like

It’s a guy thing. They find you attractive. Definitely more of a compliment but if it makes you uncomfortable they should stop.

That’s creepy to me. I would always tell them how I felt about it. Jokes are not funny if they are not mutually laughed at or enjoyed. None of our guy friends would have ever had the balls to do that. Makes me think they are thinking of you in a way you are unaware of. If so that is inappropriate and something to be rid of in your life.

1 Like

It’s very strange. Do they all know each other? It sounds like they just want to get a rise out of you. Some people, especially men think it’s fun to pick on pregnant women. Talk to your husband & tell him to tell them to knock it off. If they don’t stay away from them. NEVER take your baby around them. Who knows what their warped minds will do to your child or the stupid sh*t they’ll say to it.

1 Like

This comes down to the “joke” of you always know who your mama is

Its either that or theyre attracted to you and these are thinly veiled attempts at making it known.

But first thought in my mind as a “man joke” was …
You always know who youre mama is.

So either theyre complimenting you, or insulting you lmao
Good luck figuring out which:/

My husband and his friend have had this going on nearly 8 years now lol :joy: idk why it’s just a thing apparently I just laugh and watch how all the older people on our fb think we are serious. It’s a lighthearted joke with all of us at this point

3 Likes

How many guys did you fuck!?

Yea we do it bc it’s funny. Has nothing to do (normally) with wanting the woman. Put your mindset in the 1950s male joke era. You’ll be fine

2 Likes

I’m betting your quite attractive and it’s a weird guy thing that you say to other guys defiantly not the women who is carrying the baby lol. In short just a compliment to the parents saying they will have beautiful children

1 Like

They want to F you and get you pregnant. Point blank. It could be a joke but it depends on the setting of the moment.

3 Likes

It sounds like a nasty way of hitting on you

5 Likes

That’s so gross. I don’t blame you for being weirded out or disgusted. Who the heck are these people that they think such things are ok? Hubby needs new friends. These ones are messed up!!

6 Likes

It means they are crazy in the head and have no respect for their wives feelings. These poor women are probably embarrassed to death when they do this. Tell these idiots you do not like this kind of talk. Your sweet husband probably feels the same way you do about it.

4 Likes

Personally, I have a guy friend that said throughout my entire pregnancy that it was his baby too and he just meant that he’s gonna love it and be around as much as her father would be. I never took it as anything more. Once I had her he sent me a message saying “dang that baby too white to look like she’s mine. We’ll have to do better next time” which I took as a joke bc there is no “we” and we’d been friends YEARS before I even met my husband. Never dated. Etc. It was just his sense of humor but not my husbands and it weirded him out that my friend kept saying stuff so I had to have a talk with him. We still keep in touch but he keeps his distance now that he knows he rubs my husband the wrong way and now has a baby girl of his own

5 Likes

What does your husband say… no way would my husband have me correct his friends because he would’ve

10 Likes

Relax a bit everybody does it joke about it with them… if you react on it it makes you look guilty.

4 Likes

Ih hell to the motherfricking no. That shit would cause dramas. Are they trying to make their partners and your partner insecure??

The first sentence says it…joke. It’s a joke. Don’t be so uptight.

9 Likes

My husband had a coworker tease him my entire last pregnancy that our son was his baby. My husband knows better and it because a joke… so when we had him before we posted any photos of him I used an app to put the guys face on our son and posted that one first tagging him saying where’s my child support… lol all in fun. Regardless if it makes you uncomfortable say something but likely it’s just what you said… a joke.

6 Likes

It’s a joke. But I can appreciate that you don’t find it funny. If you’re trying to avoid it being awkward, uncomfortable, and weird, it’s too late. I think best course of action is to just ignore it and say nothing. And I don’t mean in the casual just laugh and don’t say anything or change subjects. I would say absolutely nothing until they spoke again and hopefully they take cue to talk about something else.

1 Like

Their thinking out loud…its basically saying…they’d do you in a heartbeat…that they wish they had saw you first…that your husband is a lucky man…their also letting you know in a round about way…That your next baby could…if you would… really be theirs…

2 Likes

Idk I find it weird that all these men think saying their friends baby is theirs is funny like wtf.
My husband has plenty of male friends and never had any of those friends said our baby was theirs and my husband has never said any of their wives babies were his. I get joking but that’s just weird. I would definitely have a convo with your husband and tell him it makes you uncomfortable

4 Likes

I was stood by my front door as my husband and son were bringing shopping in. Guy passes - looks at me - looks at my son and husband and proceeds to say “you can tell no postman was involved there……”

4 Likes

It’s a joke.
The guys are just trying to pick at ur husband.
Let it go and laugh because u both know it’s not true.

2 Likes

That is incredibly weird and I would put a ton of distance between them and me at that point. That’s definitely not appropriate.

7 Likes

Keep telling anybody who says it that you don’t like it. Who cares if they get uncomfortable that you are uncomfortable. Really it’s time women stopped catering to men’s feelings. Stand up for yourself hunni xx

3 Likes

My husband and next door neighbor joke all the time that my youngest resembles him. My husband will tell our neighbor “hey! When are you going to pay your child support?” Or “Come get your baby, man.” And we all laugh. My neighbor has also said jokingly to my husband “you better take care of my daughter.” And to me “How’s my kid?” Lol. We all know that would never happen. His wife even laughs too.

2 Likes

It’s just a joke most of the time, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I had guys tell me that and we just laugh it off, hell my aunt even told my husband our daughter her baby along with my best friend :rofl:

I think there is some male jnside joke they are all in on hey that you might not know…that’s why your hubby hasn’t said anything.

3 Likes

If hubby doesn’t have issue just let it slide or give em smart ass reply like they wish or only in their wildest dreams or sum such.

I would never speak to them again, honestly. Disgusting.

2 Likes

His best friend used to joke it was his baby. I hated his best friend. His best friend had a crush on me. It caused problems through the pregnancy. Baby came, and no worries after that!

2 Likes

Next time they say it’in jest’, laugh and say ‘no chance!!’ And laugh a bit more. Then look at their partners and remark at how random and weird that he said that then tell the mate to stop talking shit. If they go onto apologise then say that’s fine but it maybe a joke to him but it’s an uncomfortable one especially in front of their partners and you just don’t find it funny

I would feel very uncomfortable about these jokes as well - def not something I would tolerate either.

2 Likes

Damn thats hurtful to Their wives/partners.

I’d personally talk to the women and tell them I had no role in that comment and I didn’t like it. I would also emphasize I respect these women.

Even if it is a joke, if it makes you uncomfortable, you have every right to say something about it. What does your husband think about it? Maybe he can say something…
I would be very put off as well. Some guys don’t care if they have a wife or even if she’s around, they’ll hit on another woman & that’s just classless & gross.

3 Likes

It’s a joke… Nobody means anything by it.
If you are that bothered say something. :woman_shrugging:
Personally, I’m curious as to what is in your past that it bothers you to this degree.
I can’t beleive so many would a tually be upset based on the comments usually made on this page.

4 Likes

Very bizarre and disrespectful!

2 Likes

I would say, " Can’t be, you’re impotent." Let them laugh about that.

10 Likes

Very strange. I wouldn’t have liked that either.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit weird but that’s life!

Why is your husband not sticking up for you ?? Is he in on this discgusting joke, if so u wanna kick that childish piece of shit to the kerb, childish twat

I would ask your husband if it’s some kinda of inside joke or something and tell him how it bothers you.

1 Like

I think your husband should be correcting them. That’s weird and disrespectful to you & him both.

8 Likes

It’s a joke lighten up. I think most men Say it to wind their friend up.! Why act so bothered if you know it’s not the case.!

4 Likes

If anyone does or says something that makes you any bit uncomfortable or weirded out you have to speak up and tell them how that makes you feel. Yes it maybe them joking around cause they want a child or just want to mess with your husbands mind about you cheating which Is why I dont understand if this is done around your husband why isnt he speaking up and defending his wife and child? He honestly should be one to speak up against this and put those men in there right place. But I can say when I was pregnant my girlfriends was always joke around saying my baby i was carrying was there baby and that they were my baby daddy, but my husband and I knew they were playing around and joking and no one took offence to it. But definitely you both need to speak up or it will continue to go on I do believe. I’m really sorry your going through this mamma your carrying a precious baby and dont need the stress.

2 Likes

Ok 1 person you could understand it being a joke but 3 people saying that is weird!

1 Like

Maybe they suspect you to be unfaithful for some reason and they’re testing you! Why would 3 people say it the same way? Something more to this story love!

6 Likes

I used to have a friend that used to be like that but only one that was a mutual friend of me and the baby’s dad. It made me smile/laugh because I knew he was joking haha. And I had comebacks as light as his comments he was just being a joker., But also in a weird sense he had a protectiveness over the little one inside me. It was his best mates baby, so I dunno maybe it’s some bromance thing. But it always did make me smile. He would walk in put his hands on my bump and say how’s my little baby today and I would say not yours, I’ve got better taste than that! With a smile and he would be like what you talking about I’m hurt you know it’s my baby haha. :rofl::rofl::rofl: everyone knew it wasn’t his. These men are clearly reacting to your reaction to it, and. Maybe they think there’s something being hidden by your reaction and that’s why they keep doing it. Just tell them. It ain’t yours I’ve got standards lovely (with a smile of course) these people could just be caring bromance buddy’s and your reading it wrong but if it makes you feel uncomfortable then you do need to speak up sweetheart xxx

1 Like

Men tease each other about having had sex with each other’s wives (or mothers), it old fashioned archaic way of thinking from when women were viewed as “property”. Sooo gross :roll_eyes:
You’re right to say something, it’s disgusting and to be addressed.

I had so many of my friends say things like that. Both pregnancies. It’s a joke. I thought it was funny. I would egg then on. Couldn’t be yours… Thingy was too small… Or no way I thought you were impotent… Or nah you don’t make enough money… Try teasing them back. If your husband knows the truth no reason to be upset. But if you are honestly uncomfortable you should tell them how it makes you feel so they stop. I don’t think they are doing it to be malicious but saying something on how you feel is what matters.

4 Likes

Lighten up and take a joke

3 Likes

I’m shook at all the women protecting the misogyny they have had to excuse their whole lives, I mean hey :woman_shrugging:t3: if you’ve had to hurt and feel uncomfortable and just suck it up… so should every other woman right?. Let’s not make a change and stand up for ourselves or anything :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Not funny. Jokes are suppose to entertain everyone, not make you the center. It’s humiliation. It’s harrasment. It’s gross. And people like that shouldn’t be your friend. My hubbs would tear that shit down in a nanosecond.

Hmm to me it feels like they have some sort of inside joke or something. This would make me question what hubby is sharing w them? :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:

4 Likes

My best guy friend says it and my husband and I joke about it too. We all know who the daddy is.
Anytime you’re uncomfortable, say something. If it made me feel that way I would

All I can say is “you have some very creepy friends”.

5 Likes

It is a joke, you all know very well that it isn’t true. I used to get the same from daddies friends. We all even joked that when my baby was born it looked more like dads friend than him. It is a joke, throw some banter back

2 Likes

What has your husband said about it?

When one bloke at work found out I was pregnant, he came up to me at work and asked me if the baby was his, I just replied back with ‘yes, the baby is yours, that one night of non existent passion is what done it for’ everyone that was around laughed and he walked away red faced lol

My husband says it’s the Sanchos and his friends say my kids are theirs but all 3 of my kids because it’s like my husband is in a relationship with his friend so I just conceived the kids for them lol

I has my boss joke around and say this in front of a bunch of my coworkers. I laughed it off and said “No, jokes on everyone… these are the pizza guys babies!”

Guys are inappropriate sometimes. Just try to have a little thicker skin. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

OMG !!! l am so proud and happy to be out here sharing your work with freedom I just can’t believe that now my ex lover is really back to me on his knees presenting a ruby ​​rose to beg me to take him back and he was feeling regretful and sorry for leaving me and for causing me pains after the divorce which occurred last year .

Grate chief otukpu