Why do I feel sick after giving birth?

Did anyone feel super nauseous after delivering their baby? I had an unplanned c section three weeks ago and a week and a half ago I lost my appetite and am nauseous almost all day. I feel like I have morning sickness all over again and don’t understand why I feel this way. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Could just be you adjusting back to normal? I was sick like this after my first but it went away before I left the hospital. :confused: I would mention it to the dr to be safe but, most likely normal. :blush: especially with pain meds and such

1 Like

I didn’t have a c section but did get the sick feeling. It felt like motion sickness. A nurse said it because all your insides are pushed to the side and other places wen the baby is in there and it’s just everything moving back into place after the baby is born. It doesn’t last long but if your concerned maybe see your doc agaib

2 Likes

I did this after all 3 of my c-sections. It was from the pain medication that they gave me. After I stopped taking them I was fine.

1 Like

If you’re on pain meds that’s probably why

I got horribly sick on the good pain meds. I stopped them and just took Tylenol and was fine after that. Plus it could be your body readjusting itself.

I did after my first csection when I was coming off the oxycodone they gave me. That stuff is brutal coming out of your system!

1 Like

I was like this after I had my daughter, I didn’t have a c-section but I had a super fast 5 hour labor at 38 weeks and for like a week and a half after I was super nauseous and had no appetite I had to force myself to eat ham sandwiches because it was the only thing that didn’t sound horrible. I remember everyone else talking about how hungry they were after delivery not me. I don’t have any advice other than it’ll pass and is more or less your body’s reaction to hormone change.

1 Like

I never got the feeling of nausea, but I do know for the first month or so after my daughter was born I ate very little to nothing day to day.

1 Like

My sister was the same way she was sick months after having her baby couldn’t eat meats or anything try eating baked foods that’s all she could keep down nothing greasy!

1 Like

Dehydration also makes you nauseated