Why hasn't he popped the question?

If u have to put a deadline or force it just move on

3 Likes

Forcing a proposal isn’t a good start to a marriage

6 Likes

Been together 8 years and nothing. Sooo

The honeymoon stage last roughly 2 years. You still need time to get to know each other after the honeymoon stage is over.

1 Like

Stick to your deadline but keep it to yourself. The worst thing you can do is force someone to marry you. I’m sure he does love you but he might not be ready. He won’t be marrying just you, he’d instantly become a family of four. Also, if you’re already living with him it’ll take a lot longer.

1 Like

Girl I’ve been with my SO for 7.5 years and he JUST popped the question back in June

It is very ok to want marriage, and to communicate those wants and needs in a relationship .
For many it is not just lable or piece of paper, stop minimizing peoples wants just because they are not yours.
It’s also ok to ask your partner.
I asked my husband to mary me and we have been happily married 21 years now, was only together a year when I asked.
Woman can be ready and decide to.
Don’t let others beliefs , traditions or opinions sway you from what you want.
Fyi saying marriage is a goal or proposing to him is not forcing, just like it’s not forcing when A man proposes to a Women!!

3 Likes

If he wanted to pop the question he would have. You giving it a deadline is basically forcing him wich is not good for any relationship.

3 Likes

You ain’t a single mum if you’ve been with him for 2.5yr :woozy_face:

2 Likes

You have him a deadline to propose to you? How do you know that’s what he wants? Or is the relationship about you? :thinking::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I dont think I could ever live with myself forcing someone to marry me. It should come naturally from them and not “mandated” means nothing

4 Likes

You sound manipulative and controlling. I hope that man leaves…. Very soon. You should’ve never given him a deadline. That was just plain stupid. I wouldn’t want you either :joy::roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you gave him a date that you will leave on a certain day well then up and leave on that day, if he wants to be with you he will do what it takes to keep you. If he let’s you walk well than in my opinion you still won because you where only wasting your time.

It’s only been 2 years? Me and my fiance have a great relationship but it took like 5 years for him to ask…

1 Like

Been with mine for 10+ years known even longer we’ve broken up and got back together again were not married he doesn’t care to and even though I do I still stay with him because our love is more then a piece of paper it’s a commitment you make with your between your souls all marriage is is a piece of paper from the government, if it’s the symbolic reason which is why I want to then maybe give it more time, if you’re willing to cut it off from someone you love then you dont “love” them cause the symbol of marriage means more to you then the actual relationship, that’s my opinion on how I see it for my personal situation, if it’s TRUE love give it time

1 Like

You haven’t been a single mom for the 2.5 years you’ve been with him. You clearly want something he can’t/won’t give you. Giving him a dead line isn’t healthy for the relationship either.

2.5 years is not a long time and you come with two kids so he probably needs even more time to make sure that you and your kids are truly what he wants forever. You should be happy he isn’t super willing to marry easy come easy go then you’d be left with your kids alone again and then your kids are gonna be like all confused like dad left and then step dad left just let things be how they are for as long as this guy needs

Didnt you post you’re a single mom of 2 but been with a guy for 2.5 years…?

2 Likes

I’ve been with my man for little over 7 years and I got a ring but no marriage. He doesn’t believe in a piece of paper but that’s fine with me. I got a ring to say I’m taken and I’m happy with it. When and if he decides to get married to me, we decided it’d be a courthouse wedding. I don’t think you should push someone to marry you if they ain’t making no moves for marriage…y’all living together? If so good then he wants to be with you marriage or no marriage. Is he good to you kids? If so, good again. Let him pop the question when he’s ready to. Don’t force him to do something he doesn’t want to do. You wouldn’t want him to push you to do something you don’t want to and believe you don’t have to do it. So sit back and enjoy the moments with him.

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like he’s the “one” to me. You just want marriage, which is fine, most women do. 2.5 years isn’t a long time, though. Give it time. Does it honestly matter if y’all are already playing the role?

2 Likes

If you need to give a guy a deadline you already know what you need to do…

1 Like

Why would you try to rush him into something so serious? When he is ready he will ask you, if you are that impatient ask him… but you may not like his answer.

2 years is not a long time… you usually dont even get to fully know someone for at least 5 years. I dont understand why people are always in such a rush.

1 Like

I waited 8 years…as long as you both love each other and her also cares about the kiddos, who cares how long it takes for him to pop the question…maybe he’s not quite ready yet and that’s okay. Giving him a deadline is going to push him away. Just be patient.

My man took 5 years :roll_eyes: been another 5 still not married can’t be bothered now don’t see the big deal

1 Like

Don’t rush him to purpose to you you only been with him 2.5 years if you your that bother with him not asking you to marry him why you with him can’t you just love him and be with him with out having his last name

1 Like

Deadlines are a sure sign he needs to just break it off with you. Very immature.

2 Likes

If he’s worth it you will wait I was impatient with mine but never forced him or gave him altimatium we talked about it never did it until last April after 11 years we finally got married surprised me on a vacation we drove by a wedding chapel and he said this is random we have no rings only our promise rings but you wanna get married and we did it was so amazing and romantic and the guy said the perfect words so don’t push it will happen in time

If it’s a deal breaker for you or it’s something that your set on then, I’d ask him about it if he doesn’t have the same goals as you it’s best to end it now.

Lmao I’ve been with my man for 19 yrs and ain’t married

4 Likes

Me and my husband were together for 3 years before we got married. Sounds like you are not in a healthy relationship. Giving him a deadline to propose? Really. Marriage is a serious and big commitment that someone should not be pressured into. If you are going to push marriage with him then the marriage is not going to last.

I met my husband with a daughter of my own and him having none. He didn’t meet my daughter for 6 months, we didn’t talk about marriage for 2 years, and didn’t get married until we were together for 5 years. Now married with 2 additional children together. Everyone has their own timeline and it doesn’t sound like your timelines match up. But definitely pushing him into it isn’t the answer. If your not where you want to be and it doesn’t feel like he’s all in I definitely wouldn’t want that person to marry me. You should do a good personal inventory and figure out how your really feeling about everything in your relationship.

sooooo… you already have the ring…and you have given him a deadline to propose? That man needs to run like hell.

1 Like

this was hilarious to read… be single then if you’re that desperate. he’s probably still debating if you’re the one he wants to actually spend the rest of his life with, in which if this is the case, he should not dedicate it to you.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d want to marry you either if I was given a deadline sorry.

1 Like

Women can propose to men too. Don’t by shy. Maybe he wants you to ask him. Either way if you ask, you’ll have your answer.