Why won't my husband agree to a tracking app?

My husband of 14 years refuses to get life 360. My son is at the age of being with his friends and girlfriend often and traveling with athletics. He asked me and his dad to join him on life 360 just in case we can't get ahold of him we can see where he is and same for him if he can't get ahold of us. My husband refused to get it. I have asked him what the big deal is about getting it and he just says he doesn't want it. He had never gave me a reason to think he would cheat or be somewhere he isn't suppose to be. Has any of your husband's refused to get it and what is there reasoning behind it?
255 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why won't my husband agree to a tracking app? - Mamas Uncut

He doesn’t want you catching him doing whatever he’s not supposed to be doing :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

22 Likes

Weird, wondering what’s up

1 Like

I just came to say that that seems strange :grimacing: I wouldn’t have a good feeling about it either. He didn’t give any reasoning as to why?

5 Likes

I wouldn’t get it and I don’t leave my house :woman_shrugging: it seems like an unnecessary invasion of privacy to me.

1 Like

My partner won’t do it because they were recently busted for selling user data without permission

1 Like

My husband has it I have it I love the app.

1 Like

Yea ummmm he doing something he shouldn’t or there would be no reason to say no…

5 Likes

Maybe the idea of an app tracking his every move freaks him out :woman_shrugging: who knows who else can see that but you? So many apps get hacked.

5 Likes

I wanted my boyfriend to get it so i know he is safe as he travels a lot during the winter for work. He doesnt want it as he says he is safe. Which i know he is safe but it still worries me in the winter.

Not weird in my opinion. We do not have it and I would never want it… I understand wanting to keep an eye on your son, but possibly a different way. No way would I ever sign up for that even if my husband had it…

1 Like

I’m so sorry yes that’s a red flag. We use 360 for peace of mind with the kids and my husband is a trucker so the kids love seeing where he is, when he’s coming home etc. That isn’t an unreasonable request from you at all

7 Likes

My whole family uses it and we like it

3 Likes

Might as well shove a tracking device up his butt… He’s not a child or teen. Ease up. He may just be uncomfortable with it. As I am.

1 Like

Please join this group! It’s for men and women in DV situations or that have been in a DV situation before. It’s used to find support, advice and resources from those who have been through the same trauma during a relationship. I hope it can help at least someone.

What is he trying to hide?

1 Like

What do YOU think the reason is? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You can still track him without him knowing. I do it to mine :rofl: does he have an Android ?

6 Likes

I would feel some type of way!

Uh. Because hes a grown ass adult and being tracked is creepy and controlling.
A simple text that hes okay is enough.
What’s with this generation and having to know your partners every move? Space is healthy and important. So is privacy.

1 Like

Me my boyfriend all our friends and family is linked through life 360. It’s the safest thing nowadays.

3 Likes

He is up to something that he doesn’t want you to see. Hell my daughter has me and my boyfriend on hers then she set one up for her dad and his wife I would say in your to you it’s a :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: for him not wanting it up with his son

9 Likes

My husband doesn’t want it either but because he doesn’t need it as long as 1 parent has it why should both women need to stop assuming everything is due to cheating

1 Like

I don’t find it weird at all, but to each his own! We use it for my kids and my husband and I just have our location permissions turned off. We both trust each other completely.

1 Like

trust your gut girlfriend!

OMG I wouldnt get it so my kid could track my phone but I will track them

1 Like

Some people don’t want it due to “government conspiracy” ideas.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it my location on Snapchat is enough !

My ex boyfriend who was a truck driver refused to get life360. I should have taken that as a huge red flag… but every situation is different and I don’t know either of you so I can’t assume

1 Like

If my man said no fine I’ll just track his car ya can place a gps in that

1 Like

Honestly speaking this day and age if you are a family unit this is definitely a red flag
things do happen not just to you or the child what if he goes missing
that’s how my mind works
and again if we are a family unit this should not be a issue again to me in my opinion definitely a red flag and it will be a problem

2 Likes

Make him get it
We share location on iPhone and I’m guessing it’s the same thing? Maybe try find my friends on iPhone

I would not want to be tracked either. You can track your son on 360 without the parents location needing to be on. I would feel some type of way if my significant other wanted to track me

1 Like

I would say no too. And I’m never anywhere bad, or doing anything wrong. But no I wouldn’t wear a tracking device. He should be able to say no, we all deserve privacy in ways. It doesn’t mean he’s cheating. He deserves respect for his choice.

1 Like

My husband and I have it. We both travel a lot for the kids sports.

1 Like

I’m sorry but that is very concerning. It’s a safety measure. we have it and when I got in a wreck last November it immediately alerted my husband and the authorities. I wasn’t able to talk on the phone and tell him where I was so he was able to get my location from that app and immediately come to me because I also had our children with me. If your husband looks at it like you’re just trying to keep tabs on him then he has something to hide.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be tracked either. That doesn’t mean there’s something to be suspicious of!

1 Like

I dont have a husband but i personally wouldn’t get it for myself. Im not against it and i understand it for kids but i dont want anything tracking me period. I would never leave my location on for it either. I wouldnt assume anything crazy some people just dont like the idea of it or keeping a phone location on. I cringe just having to turn my location on sometimes for maps if i need it let alone having to leave it on all the time.

1 Like

My daughter put this on my phone, but not her dads

Yep he’s definitely hiding something. Sorry but most likely cheating

3 Likes

Sounds like the app is the problem. I wouldn’t force the issue, my husband would be the same way. As long as you have it and communicate with your son that would be good enough for me. Don’t think into it, some people just don’t want an app tracking them.

1 Like

I feel like unless they work over the road there isn’t a need for it, my ex husband was a trucker and we had it that way if i hadn’t heard from him in awhile I could make sure he was still okay and moving down the road.If they travel yes it’s good but if not then I don’t personally see the point. If you don’t trust them enough to leave the house without you, than what are yall doing in your relationship. But that’s just my opinion on it.

1 Like

Because even people in relationships have the right to individual privacy. How did women like this ever survive before smartphones let them track their spouses like damn drug sniffing hounds? Get. A. Grip.

1 Like

My fiance and I have life 360 so we know where each other is at expecially with me being a sahm he want to be able to see where me and the kids are at which I’m totally okay with

RED FLAG sister, Red Flag!!

Ehhhhh…. He is hiding something.

2 Likes

Everyone who’s automatically assuming he’s cheating should keep in mind that there’s teenage girls that get tracked by their boyfriends using these apps and it’s usually considered a red flag for DV. We have Find My iPhone and share locations at our home. We don’t need any tracking apps. I wouldn’t want to be tracked through an app either.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be a big deal especially for your family he should have just completely agreed to it because there is no reason to not want it unless we don’t want to be found

Women. :roll_eyes:
You ever think maybe he just doesn’t want it?
Maybe it makes him feel less manly to have his wife tracking his every movement. Men need to feel masculine. Not wanting a tracking app on his phone doesn’t automatically mean cheating.
I guarantee you he has heard guys taking at work about the types of men who have those apps and he doesn’t want to be made fun of and be “that guy”.

My husband talks to me about these types of things men talk about at work.

If you never had a reason not to trust him in 14 years, don’t let not wanting an app on his phone worry you and ruin your marriage.

1 Like

I don’t understand why. My husband and kids would totally be down for it . Only cause then they no where to find me to ask a 100 question s :joy:

1 Like

If you all have an iphone, he can share location with you and kiddo through the contacts without the app, see if thats an option?

1 Like

We all have it at my house

We don’t have that and mine refuses but we have iPhones and we constantly share our location

Life 360 has helped my family members. A lot of us have been in car accidents and it helped people get to loved ones quickly.
I was in a car accident in the spring with my kids, my parents came and got us quickly. Also if you pay for the premium it’s worth it. There are times where “some” forget to get gas and they send assistance without any charge.:blush: Hell it’s better to be safe than sorry.

2 Likes

I’m shocked that your kid is the one wanting to be tracked. I wouldn’t want to be tracked and that doesn’t make me a cheater. Maybe he goes golfing or to the bar and doesn’t want you to know.

My husband and I both have each other’s location threw Google maps I like to doordash on the side to have some extra spending money so I felt like it was safe for him to be able to see where I am if I don’t answer the phone. I mean maybe just really sit down and talk to him about it bugging you now since he’s so against you seeing his location?

2 Likes

My husband and I have it. We don’t see the big deal over it. It’s came in handy when I had to go to a job site to take him something.

1 Like

My husband and I been together 13 years, myself and our 2 older kids all have life 360 so I can keep track of them, I asked my husband if he wanted it on his phone, he said no and Idc if he does or not. I don’t feel the need to be able to track my husband and I ain’t worried about what he’s doin. :woman_shrugging: he always calls/text me randomly when he’s not at home. If your really that concerned about it then you need to talk with him because you shouldn’t feel like something is up just because he doesn’t wanna be tracked :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:. Honestly I don’t know a single male that does… it’s always the woman and kids with the app​:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My whole family has it. We even pay for platinum membership. I’m not sure why he wouldn’t want it. Or anyone for that matter🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Like

Nope. Me, my boyfriend, mom dad and sister are all in the same circle lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t want it either :woman_shrugging:t2: and I know my husband wouldn’t. Not much in the world that’s private anymore. Trust and respect. He’s given you no reason to not trust him, don’t let wanting to keep some sort of privacy in his life, his. You don’t need to know what and where your spouse is 24/7 he’s an adult :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My wife and I use Life360. I have nothing to hide. So it doesn’t bother me one but. We inform each other what we are doing, that way the other doesn’t need to worry.

3 Likes

The whole electronics tracking thing is so ridiculous…really I dont go for it I do have my location on on mine for specific apps…but again I grew up without electronics cell phones etc…I get your son wanting to be able to contact someone or finding them in an emergency but as for just because…kinda creepy. .I have a couple kids that are roamers but they do let us know areas they are headed too! Dont jump to conclusions of why not…maybe he is like alot of us he doesnt want to be connected to electronics at all times a little freedom doesnt hurt

6 Likes

I don’t think it means anything except that he doesn’t feel comfortable being tracked. Like a loss of liberty.

3 Likes

My fiancé is sort of like this. He doesn’t want these apps having “his info” even though they’re in the terms and agreements :joy: ironically, he leaves his location on.

1 Like

If you asked it be one thing ,but him refusing his son the request to feel safe is alarming .

9 Likes

You think it’s because he may not want other people seeing where he is like my kids parents do not do the government and live off the land other than their jobs that’s the only thing people know about them

I don’t cheat and I wouldn’t let my husband put it on if he asked. And as to why because I’m not sex I get to go where I want when I want how I want. Although my husband Would never ask to put some crap like this on my phone. Nobody needs to know how often I’m shopping at Hobby Lobby.

My husband actually had the idea himself when he was working out of town in a bad area, just in case something happens.

2 Likes

For ones that say they don’t wanna be tracked is literally not for that it’s to make sure your partner kids family members are safe if you get in a wreck it will send alerts to the people in your circle and will also notify the police you can turn your location off at anytime in the app me and my family have it and it gives us all peace of mind

1 Like

I’m with your husband on this i have it as a family I honestly can’t even walk to shop without having messages being sent asking what I’m doing etc for my kids! They know the minute I leave work to the minute I open my front door! Does my head in!

7 Likes

I have the app for my son ans just turn off my location but my sons is on at all times even my mom uses it and her location is off.

I would NEVER EVER use a tracking app. I would NEVER ask my husband to use one OR my kids. That is literally just a way to show there is no trust and it takes away all privacy. I’m sorry but for me and my family and the people we associate with there is ZERO reason to need a tracking app! That is just ludicrous to me and ridiculous.

7 Likes

If he’s big into conspiracies, I wouldn’t be so worried but if he isn’t… :face_with_monocle: :rofl:

1 Like

I would never agree to this either. It feels like stalking. But I also knew to go home when the light on the pool went out.

2 Likes

We have it in our household. Our teens are not allowed to delete it or turn off location. It does blow your phone up quite often with settings, especially when you have young drivers, but you can change the notification settings. My dad would be one not to put it on his phone, he would feel like it’s an invasion of privacy and anyone could hack and look at his location and info (or some other conspiracy thing, lol). So maybe your husband thinks this? Life 360 has been hacked before. I would see if he would talk to you more about it. Don’t jump to conclusions, communicate.

3 Likes

Everyone who says they won’t use a tracking app sorry to break it to you but even if your location is off you are still able to be tracked wherever you use your phone cause your phones ping off every cell tower and it gives an approximate location of where u are. So not sure what the big deal is.

3 Likes

Anyone that tracks their partners location or feels the need to shouldn’t be in that relationship and the partner needs to run

7 Likes

I would never track anyone in my family. It’s just not safe considering it can be hacked. They can share their location with you. I also saw this from another mom, she and her kids send Proof of life pictures. So if anyone is uneasy or nervous no matter what if they receive the proof of life text, they take a picture of themselves right then and there and send it, to prove all is good. This mom does it still with her adult children and they do it with her. It’s just a way for them to feel better knowing everyone is safe. Maybe you can suggest this instead?

1 Like

Nope. We actually have the agreement that any job site he goes to he sends me the location at all times. And I can request to see where he is at all times. But we had an issue a couple years back so that is why. And as we have been working on healing and trusting I ask for it less and less. I would be suspicious though.

2 Likes

There wouldn’t be an option given if it was my spouse.

7 Likes

Maybe he just doesn’t like the idea of being tracked :woman_shrugging:t3: I wouldn’t want anyone tracking my movement. So I can’t blame him. He’s an adult.

7 Likes

Im with your husband. It’s too much- you can reach each other by phone you don’t need to know every move. Sure track your kid, but your spouse!?!? Not a chance

4 Likes

Mmm me and my family have find my friends, we don’t see what the big deal is, specially because we travel all over the place so it’s just to give my parents and me a peace of mind, keeps us safe on the road specially when traveling out of the country. It’s family …. I even have a friend on it and she has me just in case anything happens or we get separated when we go out …… it’s a way to keep safety measures…… we actually have this friend who tends to wander off once she is drunk …… thanks to that app we have been able to retrieve her from guys trying to take her home (when she is completely drunk) ……

1 Like

My husband and I have it, along with two of our kids that are old enough to have a phone.

Husband is the same but he doesnt like cameras, tracking devices it is a big intrusion on privacy especially if you dont know who else is tracking them.

1 Like

My husband doesn’t even have social media accounts he and I know each others password on phones and if I really wanted he would show me his google map it literally shows every place he went I wouldn’t ask him to add a tracking app that’s kinda odd yea for kids it’s fine but not my husband

I wouldn’t want to be tracked either and I am married. I also wouldn’t want to be in a marriage that I have to track my spouse. We use Snapchat to track our son sometimes when he won’t answer his phone. Otherwise, I don’t need anyone checking where I am so I get his point. Although I am a homebody so nothing to see here. Lol. Besides mine would be boring bc there she is sitting on the couch. She hasn’t moved so she must be napping . There she goes to the bathroom again. :joy:.

3 Likes

No. But funny story. We have it. I was out and my phone turned off. My husband couldn’t reach me. He looked on the app and saw that I was in a bad area. He went there and I wasn’t there. He went to the last place I was before there—which was a park. My car was there. I was not. He was about to call the police because he was convinced I was kidnapped by a drug dealer.

I just went for a walk and my phone died. Lol.

7 Likes

My whole family has it… I put it on my husband’s phone myself… didn’t ask… brought him lunch one day to his jobsite… couldn’t figure out how I knew where he was! LOL
We use it almost daily.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get it either. He’s a grown adult. I wouldn’t want to be tracked either.🤷

He’s a grown adult, not a child. What’s wrong with you all and wanting to track your spouse. That’s just messed up

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their own personal boundaries. If there’s no infidelity or trust issues, let him be!

My baby daddy didn’t want life 360 because he didn’t want to be tracked, until the day his car died out in the country lol he called me and needed me to go pick him up or he would have frozen to death… literally no one else wanted to go get him cuz they didn’t know where he was. I told him “see life360 saves lives”. Now he has it on his phone.:rofl:

1 Like

He probably feels like you don’t trust him. And from the sounds of it you don’t. If you trust him why does he need an app with his location if it’s truly just for your child?

1 Like

We have life 360 because my husband works 45 min away from home so i can see when he leaves work and get dinner ready on time. Also it will alert me if he were to crash or something and vise versa. When our son is of age, his phone will have the app too

If you have a smartphone you are already being tracked. So his issue isn’t with that it’s with his wife knowing where he is. Idk kinda weird . My mom and sisters and I all have it & it helped when I got in a car wreck and flipped. You never know. If you’re being honest and not doing shit you aren’t supposed to idk why it would be an issue.

Mine won’t because “government”. My boys don’t even like taking their phones with them when they walk to the store because I have a app that can track them lol. I never look at it I only use it for parental controls.

I wouldn’t want to be tracked either :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s not about doing anything…it’s the simple idea of being tracked. Me and my partner have our locations on on our iPhones incase of emergency but we don’t check on it. It’s doing too much.

2 Likes

My cheating ex would have refused as well…but doesn’t apply to everyone I guess