Why won't my husband agree to a tracking app?

Why does there have to be a reason behind it. If he doesn’t want to get it then so be. Not everyone needs access to your location 24/7.

2 Likes

Me and my husband used to use it. He had no issue with it. Only reason we stopped was because our circumstances changed to where we are never really apart anymore.

My son put it on our phones. I love it. Even though my kids are grown and don’t live at home it gives me comfort knowing they are safe.
It came in handy when my son and daughter in law got their truck stuck on a back dirt road and they didn’t know where they were. My husband was able to get right to them.
Try explaining the emergency benefits of it to him.

2 Likes

It’s a really tricky one, I think it’s just an invasion of privacy and maybe your husband just doesn’t like the idea.
I personally don’t like it, but I have on my phone and use my find friends app for my family if I feel it necessary, and I plan on using it for my son when he’s older.

I will have no issues getting one of these for my kids once they are out with friends on their own etc.

There are no secrets in a real marriage. There’s no good reason for him to have a problem with it.

3 Likes

We have it. There’s no problem.

Tins Nicole we know of a husband that won’t lol
#alwaysshady

My husband has no complaints about being on our life360… my teenagers like to go incognito sometimes but no complaints.

I used to like having it, not because i was worried my husband was cheating, but because I missed him when he was at work and that was a way that I could feel like I was able to SEE him somehow.

2 Likes

It’s an invasion of privacy. Even though you are married he still has a right to privacy. I would never use a tracking app personally. I don’t like the idea of being tracked. It just makes me uncomfortable

11 Likes

Everyone in my house has this, even my husband. He gives me crap all the time about my stalker app :rofl: but no he didn’t care and just downloaded it for me.

1 Like

Not something I’ve ever done tbh. My kids need me they call. My phone is always charged and on my person so they can always get me. Never felt the need to track anyone

Nope, me and my husband have it and we also it with all of our 5 kiddos! I think the kids track me and their dad more then we track them! Lol

Me and my man had it bc hes a trucker but we deleted it bc it tends to mess up actual Location for where we are.

1 Like

Me and my nephew have it with my dad, he is 81 and we like to know where he is. He has some health issues but still likes to go run around.

Sounds sketchy not wanting to get it. It’s not an invasion of privacy at all, my gosh, if he has nothing to hide, why not. Just saying.

4 Likes

My fiance was all for it when I asked him because we want to make sure that each other is safe

My friends and I have it. My cousins are in a different group with me. And my husband’s ex wife and I are on another group. My husband is in every group. I don’t see an issue so long as it’s a trusted party

Your husband can turn off his location and still be able to see your sons location. We use it for our kids and its great. My husband and i have our location turned off but can still see the kids locations at all times.

3 Likes

I have my best friend on 360 and my husband. It’s nice because I don’t have to bother them to see if they are at work or see if they are leaving the grocery store.

I also have my 2 sisters, niece, and parents on there. They like to drive across the US so it’s nice to see where they are if their car breaks down or if something happens. It’s easier to give directions

We have it. So what’s the issue? Unless he is hiding something but what do I know :woman_shrugging:t2:

I have it with my teenage son. My husband doesn’t Care to have it. He feels like our son should tell us where he’s at, we shouldn’t HAVE to track him. And there’s an option to not show your location. My son can’t see where I’m at on the app.

I was ALWAYS running the roads as a teenager if i ever needed my mom I’d just call and without a doubt she would answer. I’d text her and let her know i made it or I’m headed home. She never tracked me.

1 Like

My new boyfriend had no issue when I mentioned it to him . I have previous trust issues cause of an ex

1 Like

My husband and I have it because he works late so if something happens on the way home, like an accident, I know where to look or to tell the police to go.

Does this app show everyone’s location? If so then it sounds like he is hiding something.

2 Likes

On google maps there is a location sharing. My dh and I share our location to each other. Our kids with phones are too. It’s very helpful when we lose our phones. And it’s free!

1 Like

Honestly I wouldn’t care what he thought, it’s your child .
Too many things happen in this world to not have a safety plan in place and your child wants to have a plan in case , give him that sense of safety and tell your husband it’s not his choice but your sons .

Ya, that’s weird, especially since it was originally your son asking for it. My whole family has iPhones so we use the find my device app. If my husband wouldn’t agree to use it, I would be very suspicious.

6 Likes

Well, I’m iffy about it. My kids and I have it… we only use it while traveling apart. There dad lives 12 hours away and the kids are 11 (just turned) and 12. They are kids… they often for forget to say, “hey mom, we made it safe” the dad… sometimes will let me know, but after a time of worrying for over 24 hours they were ok… the simple fix seemed to be life 360. However, I wouldn’t had approved my recent ex on it, not bc I was doing anything I shouldn’t, but bc I was accused of so much… like I pick up kids and do a lot of taking them to and from. Say I have to pick them up at 1:30 they text and say… I’m hungry or can you bring a drink… I’m busy w work and other kids… forgot to mention I was stopping to get a kid a drink, boom I would had been sleeping with the person at the gas station. That and he also told me his ex was sleeping w ppl based off snap maps :woman_facepalming:t3: it sometimes showed her near other of HIS snap friends… she may not had even known them and even if so- in a small town it’s easy for a person to be at stores two doors down from another- never see them are have a clue where EVERYONE someone else knows is at. So, I flat out told him I wouldn’t share my “maps” & he was like well we did so we didn’t have to worry- thing is he was the one worried and showing me “proof” that actually didn’t prove anything about her, sooo, no. I told him real quick if we didn’t trust where each other was - then shouldn’t be together. Period. With a NORMAL a minded person, I would have zero issues sharing my location. For the ones worried about government, data, location, ect… :roll_eyes: I get it, but hate to break it to ya… most ppl that own a cell phone or semi newer vehicle can be tracked, also debit card, cash apps, ect… smart TVs… many other ways… not saying it’s cool, but is what it is. So, to each his own. Maybe further discuss it. Ask his reason why, but don’t make a trust issue out of it if that’s not it. I would definitely wonder as well, but I’d be straight up with my concern and ask, listen & then make a decision :woman_shrugging:t3:

Bit weird even doing this, but to each their own! My kids are young so maybe when they’re older and actually have phones. As regards to my partner having it, I wouldn’t be pushing it on him or anything, I don’t own him so to each their own as I said :slight_smile: people can still call and text :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lol he definitely cheating sis

4 Likes

It is okay if he doesn’t want it. Don’t read too much into it. In a world where we always have to answer yes it is okay to say no.

3 Likes

Some people are uncomfortable with being tracked 24/7.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want it either because it’s creepy as hell

2 Likes

Definitely hiding something. My husband and I have GPS, and it has saved us once when I lost my phone and someone took it to another state. My husband blew up my phone so the guy finally answered and said oh yea I have your phone. My best friend and her husband have Life 360. I don’t see the big deal if you have family you care about and want to make sure they are ok when you’re thinking of them. My husband and I don’t even really need it, we call each other constantly anyway. Let each other know when we are on our way home from work and we call each other when we get to work. So :woman_shrugging: unless you’re hiding something there’s no reason to say no.

1 Like

It sounds like he dont want his location to be known, but his lacation can be turned off when he wants to hide it.

1 Like

You’re mad your husband doesn’t want to be stalked…

2 Likes

I dealt with my EX husband tracking me on that app for yrs! So NO I won’t ever allow it on my phone for my BF to track. We’ve discussed it and he understands why.

Yup. Sounds suspicious :triangular_flag_on_post:

Seems to me there is something to hide otherwise it wouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

I feel like the child is an excuse no child wants to know where their parents are lol and I don’t think people should have to track their spouse everyone should have some sense of freedom and if you can’t trust your partner you shouldn’t be together

I’ve got this app and you can use it without disclosing your location

1 Like

I started using it when my oldest started driving. My fiance and mom used to be in our family group. They deleted it off their phones because it drained their batteries.

If it seem suspicious go on his Google map and look up his history. It shows where he goes and how long he was there. There is a difference in being stalked vs being up to some bullshit

Oh he’s definitely cheating .girl I say do it and see what’s he hiding.

An app that tracks your family. That knows when mom and dad are not with kids, or when older kids are home alone…that’s a big NO!

1 Like

Maybe he just isn’t tech savvy. My boyfriend doesn’t do things with much technology or social media. He doesn’t even have a fb. If he had it his way he would still have an old basic Trac phone that he use to have. If something happens in our we just connect to onstar… (We only have 1 car. And we text or call when we get to our destination if weather is bad or whatever) my kids age ranges from 12, 10, 2, unborn… They don’t have phones.

1 Like

I will never understand the whole phone thing. Mine and my husband’s phones look exactly alike; half the time one of us leaves with the other persons phone and it’s not a huge deal. I can’t help you here except maybe ask him why he’s against it? Like it’s been said above; the app can be used without disclosing locations and at least he’d be able to see your sons location.

1 Like

It can take the element of surprise out of things… then if he turns it off because he’s getting food from your favorite restaurant or buying you a gift you would be really suspicious then…
I have it for my kids but I’ve also forgot to turn my location off when I was getting them a treat and them call and let me know and it ruins my surprise… it drains batteries and mostly I know where my husband and kids are anyway… I don’t think it means anything if he doesn’t want it.

1 Like

Is he on camera or otherwise surveiled at work? He might find people knowing his whereabouts all the time to be creepy and invasive even if he’s not doing anything shady.

3 Likes

I think of it more as a safety thing and knowing someone you love is ok. I like how it has the accident alert feature. My husband drives on some busy roads to and from work and it helps me to check on him when I hear of a bad act and he can’t answer his phone.

1 Like

I got my mom, my kids and my husband in my Life360. Life 360 isn’t about just tracking. It helps in many scenarios. My husband has gotten into potholes in remote areas and have needed me to get him. My mom has locked her keys in the car. My transmission has died. It has an SOS feature that I have taught my kids to use. It sends your coordinates via text to up to 4contaxts and law enforcement. It has crash detection . It’s an entire service

1 Like

My mom got lost in Florida and she freaks out if she gets lost. My cousin and I were able to guide her back by using this app. It’s not about tracking due to trust issues, it’s about emergencies

2 Likes

We don’t use life 360 but my 13 and 18 year old always have their location shared with me and vise versa through our IPhones. That may be another option, I’m not sure if Androids have the same option. So your son and husband can share locations as well as you and your son without having the feelings from either spouse feeling like they have no privacy. Just a thought.

Thays a loaded question really… it can be both yes and no… but if you trust him completely I wouldn’t worry about it as long as kids can get in touch with one of yall… but its a good thing to have in case your home and need something from a store and he’s close by it :rofl:

1 Like

all these comments so worried about privacy and being tracked. If you have any kind of smart phone your privacy is already being invaded and you’re already being tracked! :shushing_face::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I used to work overnights and had this app incase somthing happened to me. You never know you can easily turn the location off and still able to see everyone in your group it also will alert you if someone in the group gets into a car accident.

I don’t cheat, I don’t go anywhere I shouldn’t be, and I don’t want it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My fiance and I have it. We love it. :heart: can know the other is safe

You’re over thinking it . Just because he doesn’t want tracked doesn’t mean he’s cheating

4 Likes

He can get it and turn his location off on his phone. We do that. It’s awesome knowing where your child is.

Okay so my dad not a cheater on my mom but he would never go for this because he always thinks the government this or the government that :joy: honestly that’s probably your husband’s answer

2 Likes

Hes guilty of being somewhere he shouldn’t be

2 Likes

We have find my phone and share our locations with each other. It’s not a biggie if he has nothing to hide. I don’t see why ppl are against it. Our children are lil and still no phones but we also have the iPads connected.

1 Like

Everyone in my family even my best friend and her family we all do life 360 together because it’s really honestly safer we live in a world where people disappear from a drop of out of thin air and it’s really comforting as a safety thing where let’s say you’re on a long stretch of highway in the dark and you crash life 360 has crash detection and your last gps coordinates we live in a world where why not utilize something for safety instead of God forbid that happens and you don’t know forever what happened or spouse your child. My husband has never had an issue using it. He’s actually grateful for it especially when hes not home and he doesn’t have to worry about where I am if he doesn’t hear from me he can just check my location

2 Likes

I would never want to be tracked…and I dont cheat

3 Likes

Your kid can share his location without that app. Who wants to be tracked lmao not me that’s spy vibes.

Respect his privacy, simple really.

2 Likes

You either trust or go on your path…I am not going to be in someone prison or timing me from work to home.

1 Like

I think your over thinking. I have it for my family but my Husband don’t have it. He didn’t want it and that was fine with me. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions over something as little as him not wanting to be tracked.

9 Likes

It seems strange to me.
My husband thought I was cheating and all I could think of was giving him my location and help ease his mind (I would in a male dominated industry) anyways I shared my location because I had nothing to hide. I was slightly insulted but when I looked at it from his side I could see how he could see it. Basically what I am saying in everyone’s perception is different.

1 Like

360 was just linked to a huge data leak, I wouldn’t be comfortable with it either

7 Likes

I want to share a wonderful testimony to the general public on how my relationship was restored back by a great powerful spell caster called Dr Alfred after three months of loneliness, my ex-lover called me after my contact with Dr Alfred that he want us to come back and start a good home, now we are happily together again as lovers.I will keep sharing this until people who also need help see this for his wonderful help. WhatsApp Him: +2348134653457 Or you can contact Him On Facebook page​:point_down::point_down:

For anyone who thinks the husband is weird about invasion of privacy or security or whatever l, our smart phones are constantly observing and tracking us anyway, what’s the difference in sharing it with FAMILY? To ensure everyone is safe at all times?
My husband and I have each other’s locations on find my iPhone because we’re both anxiety ridden, especially to and from work, we plan to get our 5 year old son the gizmo watch or the apple tracker now that he’s in school, doing sports and seeing friends outside of school :+1:
We live in a crazy world, an extra sense of security is nothing to be shamed over :grin:

14 Likes

We both have life 360. He didn’t argue and he doesn’t track where. I like it because it’s hunting season and i like to know where he is. I use it more than he does

3 Likes

Mine won’t, he says he doesn’t want to be tracked all the time

My whole family and our close friends all share our locations…Its just safer imo, we all drive an hour plus to work. it makes less worry especially with use being equestrians, dirt bike/quad riders if an accident happened we could find each other

4 Likes

I used the app for my teenage daughter. I was on the app as well but I didn’t share my location with anyone in the family circle bc I didn’t want my daughter to know where I was all the time. For instance, she had gotten in trouble for several things at the time, one being having friends at the house when I was not there. She was 16 so she was fine to stay at the house for a while by herself while I was working or whatever but I didn’t want her to know when I was in close proximity to home in case I wanted to show up unexpectedly and make sure she wasn’t being dishonest about where she was and what she was doing. I wasn’t hiding anything from anyone other than her but I think u share with all of the group or none. Be mindful that one can spoof the app without the knowledge of anyone in the group so it can look like they are somewhere that they aren’t. It took awhile for me to figure it out but u can Google “how to spoof life 360 app without my parents knowing.” Ugh!!

2 Likes

I have it with some of my family but my husband doesn’t want to put it on his phone. That’s his decision and I respect it. Trusting someone goes a long way!!

3 Likes

Honestly…why do you both need it? I have it for my daughter. Why do both parents need to be on it?

2 Likes

If nothing to hide not sure what the big deal is

6 Likes

Wow that’s not good at all I would put and apple tag in his clothes or something where he can’t find it connect it to his phone before he sees the connect to phone notifications and see what the heck he is hiding 100 percent hiding somewhere or something :ok_hand:t2: ps you can also turn on location and share with track my iPhone that’s built into the phone he won’t see it but you have to constantly check it doesn’t recorder map like Apple tag good luck

6 Likes

My kids and I use it. And they have to have the location on on their phones for it to work

1 Like

Some people don’t like apps to track them. I don’t blame him one bit. Let it go and respect his decision.

8 Likes

He’s doing stuff he shouldn’t

6 Likes

I mean, on the other hand, what’s the big deal about him not wanting it? If you have never had a reason to question him, this probably isn’t one either. I’d let it go.

7 Likes

There is a reason he dnt want it. Smh

3 Likes

As long as one parent has it who cares you guys communicate right ?

my husband and I work for the same company n it drives me nuts that he can see everywhere I am with my company car as he has the access to the GPS. The worst place I go is aldi the dollar store or Dunkin but it’s just a flat out invasion of privacy. N I can always grab his phone if he’s home and catch the breadcrumbs of where he has been should I know what vehicle He’s in but never do.

If you trust him their shouldn’t be any issues

Some people just dont like technology. Doesnt mean they are hiding anything.

3 Likes

But l’d not want someone tracking me 24/7, doesn’t matter where l am or doing…

5 Likes

My husband won’t because it takes up to much room and makes your battery run down faster and I’m the one who insists our son has it not him.

2 Likes

Your his partner not the police! Leave him be!

1 Like

Maybe he’s like me and refuses to be tracked down. If you can be tracked by an app, big brother is tracking you too.

2 Likes

I don’t see the big deal. Not like people are going to want to know where you are at all times. I would be perfectly fine with my husband having a tracker because I could see it being beneficial, but only if it’s mutual. At the same time I could see it causing unnecessary issues as well in some cases. And most people won’t admit to cheating even after they’re caught. It really boils down to trust. If you’re doing what you say you’re doing and your partner isn’t a jerk, shouldn’t become an issue. Doesn’t just go for cheating either. Some people do strange things they don’t want other people knowing about. I personally think your partner should know that side of you too, not just what you want them to. I don’t like secretive shit but that’s just me.

My husband got it but turned off the location tracking so it didn’t kill his battery on his phone which it definitely does do if you have location turned on because it’s constantly running

I would refuse as well. I’m not doing anything shady but I would not like the feeling I’m being “watched” all the time. I think the whole thing is creepy.

2 Likes

I mean I guess it is a matter of perspective . If there was really an emergency there’s ways to find his phone . As for me and mine we view it as a matter of trust and having the app as a way to manage and control what should be your better half .
If you even have to question where the other is …
Is there really complete trust there ? :thinking:
Unpopular opinion … … I know :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Buy a lil tracker off Amazon and slap that on underside of his vehicle.

12 Likes