Why would be 2 month old be throwing up so much?

Hey mamas my 2 month old has been throwing up since Tuesday night took him to the dr and she said keep him upright when feeding and not to lay him down right away so I been doing so well last night my daughter started throwing up as well so it’s definitely a stomach bug my question is when should I be worried that the baby is still throwing up his bottle he’s very happy and smiling no signs that he’s in any pain or hungry he still has his bottles but does spit a lot of it out my daughter been able to keep jello and cracker and soup down so that’s a good sign any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

1 Like

Make sure to burp more often for a few days and see if that helps as well. Also oval worked wonders for my youngest when he would spit up a lot more then usual

If he is peeing, pooping, eating, sleeping as normal and has no fever, he is most likely fine.

1 Like

Both of my kiddos spit up a tremendous amount and always had issues with it as babies. They were perfectly healthy. There’s a piece at the bottom of the esophagus that goes into thr stomach, before they are 6 months old this piece isnt completely matured yet so it allows things to come back up in the form of spit up or seemingly vomit.

The best you can do for the teeny one is to continue feeding at the intervals youve been, burp very well, and try to elevate the mattress/bed a bit when sleeping. Could try an alternate form of formula if theyre on that or try to cut back on acidic types of foods if breastfeeding. Overall it can be extremely common or just a stomach bug. If babe isnt in any discomfort and continues to pee and poop normally and not losing any weight then you may just need to wait it out. A stomach bug came through here viciously a few weeks back.

For the older one offer a bit of pedialyte or electrolyte rich drinks but only sipping and it can be very normal if they dont want to eat. Glad to hear she’s managing to hold something down.

Good luck!

Have them check for a short food tube if this has been constant. No 2 month old should have crackers or Jell-O! Just breast milk or formula! Try a smaller nipple opening if you’re bottle feeding, pause periodically, burp her during pauses in feeding, not just at the end. Yes keep her as upright as possible to feed and for 15 minutes afterwards.

If you breastfeed, keep a journal of what you eat to see if something in particular bothers her. If you are using formula, try different kinds: regular, soy, nutramigen to see if that helps.

Good luck!

The baby having vomiting issues is a boy and the one eating crackers and jello is a girl.