Why would my boyfriend deny being in my maternity photos?

Why would a man deny taking maternity photos with you? my boyfriend have been together for a year and he doesnt think he should be in the photos because its a time to showcase me and baby…but i really want him to be in a few of them…were your boyfriends/husbands like this?

42 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/why-would-my-boyfriend-deny-being-in-my-maternity-photos/20981

Oh Boy.
You can only expect so much from a boy.
A Husband will man up

7 Likes

My boyfriend was extremely hesitant when it came to this as well

Seemed like he felt… weird being in the pictures. Almost like he thought he was making it about himself.

1 Like

My boyfriend was in mine :person_shrugging: we even did a little maternity boudoir shoot at the end of the session

3 Likes

I never really thought about it. I only have a couple of pictures of my ex and I together when I was pregnant and that was with my second baby, our first baby was in the photo too. Makes you wonder what they’re thinking doesn’t it?

1 Like

Some are just like that. Some pregnant people don’t want their partner in the pics either. It’s preference. I would probably ask him to meet me in the middle and take at least 1 photo with me.

1 Like

Is he 100 percent on board with you being pregnant? Maybe he’s overwhelmed…

2 Likes

No, I was though. I didn’t want any pictures of my abuser in any of me and pregnant self. Talk to your BF though, it’s about him too.

Maybe he doesn’t like to take pictures. A lot of guys are like that

3 Likes

Insist that he’s in them any show him the shots you want off Pinterest

Mine doesn’t take pics of himself much it’s rare, and to do a whole photo shoot with him hugging my belly will make him so uncomfortable :joy: so I don’t put him through it. Some people are just like that and you shouldn’t make him. Maybe some family pictures yes but to the point where he has to grab and kiss your belly makes them uncomfortable sometimes.

1 Like

It’s just some photos

Men don’t like that stuff
I didn’t get a chance to get my maternity photos done. My husband didn’t really want to do it but he was going to because he knew how much they meant to me.

But I ended up hospitalized and couldn’t get them done.

I think formal maternity photos and gender reveals are very odd traditions. I don’t blame him for wanting to opt out.

6 Likes

My fiance doesn’t like his picture taken, I had to talk him into family pictures, maternity pictures would be out of the question. :rofl::rofl: go take your photos and enjoy being the spotlight.

1 Like

Unless he has another girl friend and worried she might see them

8 Likes

Are they naked photos? Does he not like his phot being taken? So many many reasons.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t want to be I them, then that’s fine. That’s his right.

3 Likes

My fiance wasnt in mine… but he HATES having his pictures taken and was in the newborn pictures :heart:

3 Likes

Why are you asking other people why he doesn’t want to be in them when you could just ask him?

6 Likes

Sounds like he’s uncomfortable with doing them. I wouldn’t force him.

1 Like

I did mine alone :woman_shrugging: men don’t like that type of crap

5 Likes

Could be a million different reasons. Maybe he absolutely hates having his picture taken or maybe he’s cheating or maybe you’re the side chick… you’ll never know unless you talk to him.

6 Likes

My husband normally doesn’t like photos but he was glad to be in mine since this baby was our rainbow and he never got to do photo shoots with his older girls. He will appreciate the pics once they are done I’m sure

Well… Him not in em will be great!! It’s a YOU PHOTO SHOOT!! I’m still with my baby daddy (20yrs & counting!) Even tho, I didn’t have a maternity shoot, if I had, I wouldn’t have wanted him in them. It would have ruined em if we’d split! LOL
Just my Thoughts :thought_balloon::speech_balloon:

3 Likes

My fiancé hates his picture taken but he knew it was a special moment as well. Myself, unborn baby, fiancé and my older son were all in maternity pics

2 Likes

Is he hiding something?

13 Likes

Maybe he is self conscious and doesn’t want to be in them? He really may think it should just be about you and the baby.

3 Likes

My husband wasn’t in any of them neither was my sisters. We did one shoot together as our girls were due 6 weeks apart. I didn’t mind at all and it was super fun doing with my sister and a lot more peaceful, laughter n we loved it.

I enjoyed making it about me and my family since his family was ruthless about the edition to our family and all up my ass my whole pregnancy. Since he didn’t want to be part of it I didn’t even tell his family I did one. Which was great cuz we got all the fun. Her older girls joined in 2.

Don’t force him or fight over nonsense just accept it n move on

Wow
That would be a red flag to me. Could he possibly be worried that someone else doesn’t know that you’re pregnant and maybe seeing these photos?

5 Likes

Ma’am you know what’s going on

14 Likes

Has he mentioned maybe thinking the baby isn’t his for any reason? That’s the only reason I could think of of why he wouldn’t want to other than just plain not wanting to.

5 Likes

A man who loves and supports you would be just as excited and proud to be part of your maternity photos….
Unless he doesn’t want to be involved (have proof) because he’s involved somewhere else.

6 Likes

Hire a hot model to stand in a couple of pics—- you’ll appreciate it after you split :v:

7 Likes

Im sorry, but this isnt about “him”, its about family. We do things everyday we dont like…At the shoot most of the time, I do a few family shots, then the rest maternity. He needs to step up, or step out. That is weird. I know men dont think about things like that, and this is something for his unborn child to have for future memories, and for you.

Some people just really have a problem having their picture taken. Let it slide

3 Likes

My husband was in a couple of mine .

:thinking: why won’t your’s be in just one . Does he not like his photo taken ?? Self conscious? :woman_shrugging:t3:

I mean my husband was in my maternity photos but only a few. He came for about 30 minutes took a few photos then left to do his own thing. I spent the rest of the afternoon taking them on my own .

1 Like

If it was my husband it’d be because he knows I never take time for just me things

My boyfriend was excited to be in ours and we took several together and I took some alone

Is he living a double life?

Just ask him to take one or two with you, for memories to hang up. The rest can be about you and the baby.

8 Likes

I’ve had this happen. My then husband wouldn’t even consider the idea of being in any maternity pictures. He just wasn’t the picture taking type, even before the topic of a maternity shoot, so I just let it go. What I do regret was that I didn’t get any done of myself. Do yourself a favor, if a hang up about picture taking is your only relationship flaw and everything else is okay, don’t listen to these negative nancies. Save yourself the grief. But DEFINITELY go have a wonderful photoshoot with you and your bump.

2 Likes

Have you asked him? Curiosity instead of blame or shame. Communicate

1 Like

He def doesnt want someone seeing :eyes:

10 Likes

Why is everyone jumping on board saying it’s a red flag or that he doesn’t want people to see something??? Maybe he just doesn’t want to be in the pictures and wants it to be something special with the mom and baby!!!

3 Likes

Maybe he’s no planning of sticking around or your the side chick
He differently doesn’t want someone to see or he’s planning of leaving

But rare chance he just hate photos
Try talking to him or just get one pic

2 Likes

My hubby did ask the stupid things the photographer asked. Like kissing five places in my face, closing his eyes, and dressing up in their picked out attire. Men who want to show up for you, will. And he hates pictures with a passion.

1 Like

He don’t want side piece to see em

5 Likes

Sounding like he’s got a whole other family or leaving his options open.

6 Likes

Some guys just don’t like having pictures taken. It’s not always a red flag.

5 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t like you and doesn’t want to be associated with the pregnancy.

2 Likes

You’ve been together for a year and your taking maternity photos :no_mouth: now he doesn’t want to be in the photos… yeeeaahh I already see where this is going :grimacing:

8 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: my boyfriend took maternity pictures with me, i would be questioning him

4 Likes

As crazy as it sounds I seen girls on instagram especially if they pregnant and I never seen the father. Then 5 years or 10 years oh shit he still with the baby father. I seen her go to party’s and be a bad bitch. Some girls keep it private. Does he let you take pictures with him at all? Like not professional.

Uhh takes two to make the baby… but yes I used my birthday to get maternity photos and it worked out. Idk weird times.

Maybe he doesn’t plan to stick around?? I hate to think that tho

4 Likes

My husband was I’m mine. Not all of them but a couple of them

Omg some of these comments maybe he is like a lot of ppl and just don’t want his pic taken. I hate having my picture taken so I’m not in very many but it doesn’t mean i don’t love my husband or have a side piece I don’t want knowing I’m married

4 Likes

He’s hiding something…you know or you wouldn’t ask the question. Trust your instincts…bull he should be in the pics for that special occasion…there a reason he’s hiding from you about why he doesn’t want to be photographed …

3 Likes

Oh boy… hes avoiding responsibility

I can’t have more but if my hubs and I had one on the way, he wouldn’t be in them bc he absolutely HATES photos!! I can’t even get the man to take family pics and have to sneak pics when he isn’t paying attention unless he has a fish in his hand :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: not a reg flag, just how some guys are

6 Likes

My husband hates posed pictures, he would say anything to get out of them.

Idk, I don’t like photos either… just a personal preference so I don’t think it’s weird

All these suspicious people trying to stir up trouble with their “red flags” and baseless accusations should be ashamed of themselves.

My mother, a very wise woman, always said people who are the most suspicious of others are typically so because they are the ones with something to hide.

I hate being in pictures. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m wondering if he has kids you don’t know about. Doesn’t want his photo with you on the internet.
Seems very suspicious.

Cause he’s got a side chick