Why would my sister in law be mad that I am pregnant?

Girl fuck her. Let her be mad on her own. Enjoy every minute of YOUR pregnancy!!!

Are you certain it’s a “I don’t want kids” thing? or could it be “I can’t have kids so I say I don’t want them” thing? Cause it sounds like the latter to me TBH.

9 Likes

She has issues that are not your problem tel let to seek help

Why care? Idk why people worry about other’s like that. It is your moment. If you and your SO are hapoy about the pregnancy,then be happy and talk about it/show off as much as want. Dont have nevagive around you. Have to keep de- stressed.

4 Likes

Ask her what the problem is

7 Likes

Enjoy and be happy .
She sound jealous

1 Like

Seems like she is just envy , maybe she do want a baby but can’t have one yet . Stay away from her because unnecessary stress is not healthy for a pregnant woman, enjoy your pregnancy as you please

7 Likes

Honestly, just leave her to be mad by herself. Don’t let her negative attitude affect you and baby. If she wants to be toxic, just cut her off. Period.

3 Likes

Do you, you don’t have to react to her sour face.

Why don’t you ask her?? Maybe she found out she can’t have any and this is how she is reacting. Tell her you don’t understand why she is so angry and she is hurting your feelings because you were always so close.

5 Likes

When I got pregnant my children’s father’s family (his mom and sisters) had a 3hr “chat” with me about how they didnt want me to have children, thay because of my troubled upbringing they were convinced I was incapable of loving a child. They told me the idea of me having a child makes them “physically sick to their stomach”
I promise you there is no reason that will sit well with you for feeling the way they do let them sit in their feelings and stew in it all they want
Its not your responsibility

3 Likes

I got pregnant with my son, wasn’t trying, but not preventing it either. And I told my husband mom first, and then my parents. They were all over the moon about it. Told my sister, and she got angry, very angry for like 3 weeks, she wouldn’t talk to me. All because I was having a boy, she wanted me to have a girl so bad. But it didn’t work out that way. Don’t get me wrong she loves him. But deep down, I think she still wanted me to have a girl.

Is she used to being the one who gets most of the attention? Maybe she’s afraid with a new baby, she won’t get noticed anymore.

1 Like

Cause she ain’t the one getting pregnant

Most likely wanted to be “first”

Sounds like she’s just pissed off that all the attention won’t be just on her :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Don’t stop celebrating just because one person doesn’t clap for you! :heart:

There is more to the story.

Sounds like a her problem :rofl:

1 Like

You go sprinkle your happiness like confetti girl! This is your moment. Forget her anger. :woman_shrugging: congrats.

8 Likes

Because she us jealous. My sil was mad we got married. She didn’t want me in any family pictures and tried to get my husband to leave me home with their mom and stepdad while she and my husband went out. She caused drama at the hospital after our daughter ( 2nd child) was born. It was a traumatic delivery she showed up demanding to hold the her I hadn’t held her yet. She’s a jealous, selfish, manipulative bitch. Thankfully my husband recognizes this and my inlaws are starting to after 20 years of her crap.

Maybe she can’t have a baby or hasn’t gotten pregnant yet bc of a medical issue? Just bc she says she doesn’t want one now, that many not be true.
I’d ask her, flat out, “What’s is your malfunction? Either let’s work it out or kindly correct yourself.”

13 Likes

Your partner needs to talk to his sister to find out what her issue is. Try not to let anyone steal your joy

11 Likes

Did you ask her why?

Who cares what she thinks it’s her problem. Enjoy being pregnant.

8 Likes

You be you! If she wants to be angry let her! Sounds like a child and isn’t ready for kids

4 Likes

Do not let her control your mood!!! She sounds selfish!!!

2 Likes

Perhaps she is just saying that she ‘doesn’t want children’ but truth could be that she has fertility problems.

12 Likes

I feel like maybe she can’t have kids or can’t seem to get pregnant but is only saying she doesn’t want them because she can’t… so maybe jealousy

5 Likes

Who cares about her? She has nothing to do with your baby. Just don’t trust her or anything while she’s around. Sounds like she’s just petty and annoying over nothing.

1 Like

Jealous !!! Sounds like she might have a thing for her brother :rofl::face_vomiting: who cares what she says aslong as Yous are happy

1 Like

Jealousy gets nobody anywhere. Carry on and tell her to jog on.

Id ask her. I feel shes jelous. Maybe try get her involved talk about her being a great aunty etc try get her excited discuss names etc. If she cant get over herself just ignore her n be happy enjoy your pregnancy :blush:

It’s sad but it sounds like she is jealous. I hope things work out for you both.

1 Like

Jealous. It is possible she is trying to conceive and can’t

She can like you and feel like you’d be an awful parent. Not saying you are just that she might feel that way.

Be careful around her

Ignore her. Don’t let anyone bust your bubble about your baby. She’s being petty and jealous. I’d tell her to stop trying to make you feel bad and sorry for her and throwing her childish fits or stay away :woman_shrugging:t3:

There are so many different scenarios. If you are close I would ask her. Could be she miscarried or cannot have children. But she should be happy for you but sometimes people can be in their feelings.

If you are close maybe she was hoping you were pregnant together and she isn’t ready

Jealousy doesn’t always make sense.

7 Likes

No matter the “reason” for her behavior- whether it be JEALOUSY or the change or she thinks something bad about the situation-
It’s inexcusable for her to show that and project that onto you all.

Absolute shame on her

That is very toxic and she should be called out on it.

She needs to know that that kind of attitude and behavior won’t be tolerated.

So basically- literally put her in her place.

6 Likes

Stay away from her she is jealous acting like a spoiled child

2 Likes

She has ‘it’ for YOUR man!!

2 Likes

Happy mothers day :heart:

really you should ask her… leading with “I feel like somethings bothering you, maybe it’s just me, but I want to listen if you would like to talk” you never know. If she just continues I’d ignore her.

1 Like

Shes jealous you need to keep a close eye on her she may try to harm you or your baby

3 Likes

Sounds like she’s very jealous…. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY :heart:

1 Like

She probably has a crush on you…

I would not worry about her reaction I would ignore what she is doing and be yourself which should be so happy. It will only stress you out, And that is not good for you or the baby. She sounds jealous to me. I couldn’t have children but never acted like that around anyone that was. I was happy for them, As hard as it was for me. So good luck for your future event. And above all relax and be happy no matter what <3

2 Likes

Sometimes it doesn’t make sense. I met my husband through his sister, we were childhood best friends. We had been together for 8 years before we got pregnant and when I told her she told me to abort it :woman_shrugging:t2: she was in a rough spot in her life and unfortunately took it out on me.

Just be carefull be happy not every one get to enjoy that specialgift from the lord

1 Like

Who CARES!!! As long as you and your partner are happy!!

2 Likes

Jealousy jealousy jealousy!!! I got pregnant and after having a whole day to come to terms that yes, the pregnancy test did in fact show positive, I told my mom. She was staying with her oldest child and his crazy gf and when she realized I wasn’t joking around, she excitedly told them. I could hear in the background his gf not believe it at first, then bursted out bawling. Because I was pregnant and she wasn’t!

She says she doesn’t want kids…but can she even HAVE any??

Is there a chance she’s upset because she can not have kids and is not telling anyone

7 Likes

the only thing i can say would jealousy

2 Likes

maybe she hoped to have first family baby

2 Likes

She’s doing your mam ,or she’s jealous of your life

2 Likes

She may not be trying or ready to try, but that doesn’t mean her brother can have one first. It’s stupid sibling jealousy. She was clearly the petty competitive sibling growing up and still is. Ignore her. She’ll get over it.

3 Likes

Maybe something weird is going on with him and his sister? I wouldn’t eat or drink anything she offers you.

9 Likes

Maybe your sister inlaw can’t have kids? Or has been struggling with fertility issues? I don’t exactly announce to my family when my partner and I decided to start trying or anything like that and in that time I’ve had to cope in my own way with family members and friends falling pregnancy while we struggle…

2 Likes

Girl F her. This is is a special time for you. You need to be able to enjoy it- Without stress.

3 Likes

She may not want kids and doesn’t really want you to have kids cause it will “change everything” she may like the way things are and in herind she may have planned u all to have kids at the same time so they grow up together.

1 Like

Who cares what she thinks it’s your life tell her to be quiet. If She’s going to keep being salty I’d keep away from her or if u can’t just keep talking about how happy you are. It’s Ur baby nots hers she has no say. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Jealousy is a horrible feeling to be honest there is a possibility that she may not be able to have children and the thought that your having a baby is upsetting her… so don’t talk about it this time and stop feeling guilty or you may lose this baby through stress… your life with your husband and it’s super news that your having a baby take care and enjoy your pregnancy

6 Likes

Jealousy is a curse
And she’s riddled with it.

Could definitely be jealously. My brother and his wife announced that they were pregnant. I wasn’t angry, I was just sad because I was trying to no avail. People take and act upon jealously differently. I would probably ask your husband about her and why should would feel this way. Don’t let it upset you, or get to you. Don’t stress! It’s not good for you or your baby, congratulations by the way!!

2 Likes

F her & the horse she rode in on. I’m trying to figure out why you’re allowing someone else to control your happiness.

10 Likes

I agree with what other people said- i would still be happy dont cater to her not if she had a lot of fertility problems i would understand a bit more and would have told her first separately like just to be sensitive to her struggle but she just sounds like an a$$

Speak with her and ask her straight. Then depending on the answer I would say it’s her problem. She sounds jealous but I don’t have all the facts.

2 Likes

Honestly who cares what she thinks? As long as you and your partner are happy her opinion doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

Maybe cause she cant have kids? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Well, i would sit down and talk with her. There could be something your not aware of. If you normally get along, i would definately speak with her. You never know what she could be going through

2 Likes

My brothers wife was like that. Angry when I got pregnant, happy when I miscarried, angry when I got pregnant again, then happy when I found out it was a boy… She wanted to have the first girl :roll_eyes: I was happy my baby was healthy. I’m “polite” at family functions, but other than that I have nothing to do with her… And she knows how I feel about her…

5 Likes

Maybe she can’t have kids or is struggling as others have said but at the end of the day, you can only be there for her if that is the case, if she wants to open up about it but D0 NOT LER HER RAIN ON YOUR PARADE, YOUR PREGANT, BE HAPPPY, ENJOY CREATING A NEW LIFE!! I’ve had 2 miscarriages and we finally have our rainbow baby due in 6 weeks, I never showed any hatred to others around me getting pregant, yes I felt sad because it just wasn’t happening for me but I was never angry that someone else was blessed with a pregnancy, the girl needs to sort her self out and stop raining down on your parade, my friend has been struggling with fertility too and still has had no children but she supports me in every way and form, narcissism is what she Is portraying, dont lower yourself to her, be polite if at family gathering etc, other than that cut her out of your life, focus on you and baba been healthy and well, if she can’t be thay for you then none of ye need her in yere lifes

3 Likes

Honestly, she just sounds like a brat. I can’t imagine why she’d be upset. How rude. Enjoy your good news and enjoy your pregnancy. Don’t let her bring you down or feel like you can’t be excited. You absolutely should be excited. Congratulations!

Just ask her if she is okay… and if she isn’t. Ask her what’s bothering her…but don’t let her put a downer on you and ur husband having a baby. It’s a amazing gift don’t let her ruin these moments you don’t get back.

1 Like

shes jealous maybe she cant have one talk to her ask her straight up whats the problem

3 Likes

Maybe she thinks y’all’s fun will come to a halt

I have a feeling she has been trying to have a baby but maybe is going through fertility issues……I would ask her why she doesn’t seem happy that you are pregnant and see what she says and then take it from there

4 Likes

lmao cut her off. jealous bitch somehow. she can be miserable on her own. love from afar. but focus on YOU, YOUR little family, and YOUR baby :white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:

I don’t know why you’d be so concerned about what a sister in law thinks anyway. Enjoy your pregnancy, and then your baby and stay away from negative people!! You don’t have to subject yourself to people who aren’t happy for you!!

8 Likes

Sounds like she is jealous! Stop feeling bad or guilty she chooses to be unhappy with this great news. A baby is such a blessing don’t let anyone take away your sunshine and joys because they are upset. Just ignore her. You don’t need that type of negativity around

6 Likes

Some want to have the first grandchild

2 Likes

First grandbaby? Probably jealousy

3 Likes

She could be saying she doesn’t want kids and has no interest when really it’s because she’s been trying and can’t fall pregnant and it’s easier to front as not wanting them then admitting she can’t.

I would ask her straight out what the deal is. And have your significant other stand with you when you do so.

3 Likes

So I’m going on my 4 month being pregnant and none really knowing anything aside from my partner and I and baby boy we already have . It’s sincerely so sad because we already have one which is now been 5 years down the line and she shows no love affection or attention for her first Newport therefor I dont feel excited to share my news with anyone considering she’s is trying but has miscarried one I missed carried twice lost my mom last year and still wish the best upon everyone. But I guess not everyone will be like me

Maybe she can’t have children, and that’s not something she’s comfortable talking about. Her anger is more pain that she can’t than anger that you are. People process grief differently.