Will my ex come back?

It was completely unexpected and out of the left field. He just started packing his belongings and left.

A little background, a few weeks ago we were drinking at his friend’s house and we got home and he was completely hammered. He said a few unkind words and I was pretty tore up about it. I told him the next day and he felt so bad he cried…he told me before he left he couldn’t forgive himself for what he did and it was having a major impact on him.

His friend came and helped him move some of his belongings and he was gone. He blocked me on Facebook but wrote me on his friends account apologizing, saying how he was a f*** up, how he’d never forgive himself and I wouldn’t forgive him, how I deserve better than him… I’ve since then talked to his friend who said he is hurting very bad.

113 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Will my ex come back? - Mamas Uncut

You shouldn’t want him to come back tbr

2 Likes

First why would you want him back? Secondly, it sounds like there is more to the story and he is using that as an excuse to leave.

66 Likes

Hey, i understand wanting him to come back. But him being messed up and lashing out like he did is so wrong. I know you really want him to come back but you deserve so much better

1 Like

Wow… nice breakup excuse it would seem.

18 Likes

Sounds to me he’s done something more that he refers then just say unkind words… maybe done something behind your back and this is his excuse ? …

15 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::joy: you really believe that’s why he left? Um no. That’s an excuse lol no ones that tore up over some words​:rofl:

22 Likes

He has a lot of problems he needs to work on. He totally made himself the victim. Which he may be a victim of a mental health issue, but he’s not the victim of THIS issue. Honestly if he wants to come back it best be with a therapist, and a butt load of healing under his belt. That’s not as common as it should be though so don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

He is cheating same thing happened to me once

3 Likes

Him leaving so quickly over a drunken mistake is super weird…my husband has had these moments many times but never wanted to just up and leave,he immediately changed his behavior instead and made sure we didn’t end up in that situation again…I think there’s more to the story sister and I’m sorry

17 Likes

His nice way of saying bye

10 Likes

I feel like some common sense should be used in this situation. NO he’s not coming back and if he does it’ll be to manipulate you

5 Likes

Is there a chance he cheated? Seems a bit much to take it this far.
But I mean, he really could be innocent and being dramatic?

1 Like

He sound likes his going to be toxic

9 Likes

Hes for sure cheating why not just unblock you from HIS OWN fb and message you… thats right cause there things he doesn’t want you to see. But he also wants to keep you on a string in case it doesn’t work out with the new supply so he can come crawling right back to you.
MOVE ON AND NEVER LOOK BACK!

28 Likes

Let him go and let him stay away

4 Likes

He’s definitely seeing someone else… Went through that same exact situation… Turns out my “gut feeling” was right. He’s found his “greener grass.” Remember a drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts.

30 Likes

That’s an excuse, dont fall for it.

4 Likes

This just sounds like the proverbial straw. He’s done something else to you and is using this as an excuse to leave. Don’t trust him. Let him be. Move on. He’s hiding something for sure.

10 Likes

Seems like he was already done & looking for an excuse to leave.

28 Likes

Excuses for sure. He’s a piece of :wastebasket: for using that as an excuse.

He’s a narcissist! Stay away from him. The behavior sounds like a covert narcissist and he’s trying to make himself the victim. I guarantee he’s cheating and already had a new supply in place. The friend being involved is ridiculous and immature.

15 Likes

He’s cheated and this is his way out unscathed. Let him move out and move on.

15 Likes

Believe me he has already moved on.

8 Likes

Here’s the question. Why would you want to be with a man that could so easily and suddenly leave you without a real explanation? Forget about what he wants. That’s irrelevant. The fact is that you deserve better. Take some time to heal and go find yourself a real man. Someone who will show you the kind of respect you deserve.

25 Likes

Good riddance …he took out the trash (him) … move along. Brighter days ahead.

More to this story I would bet.

4 Likes

He cheated for sure…. He’s full of shit. Move on girl.

Oh wow just like that wow!!!

Definitely more to the story. It sounds like he’s just using this as an excuse to leave. As hard as it is I would just let him go.

5 Likes

Sounds like an excuse out of there. I dont doubt he feels bad, but I doubt it’s so bad he would need to up and move completely out. If he really loved you, anyway. I’d have to wonder where those not so kind words stemmed from. Maybe him not being happy, and holding it in. Idk. Either way, I’m sorry you’re going through this, but sometimes it’s nice to have the trash take itself out! Hang in there.

He won’t if you change the locks girl!

I hate to agree with these other ladies, but I have went through this exact same situation with one of my Ex’s! I thought we were in love and we had been together for 2 years and then he all of a sudden moved out and when I would question what was going on he said similar things and even had his friends and family on his side! Remember it’s his friend so he will tell you what you want to hear and not the truth because he doesn’t want his friend mad at him.

He’s manipulating you

5 Likes

There’s your answer right there as to what’s going on… when anyone says “you deserve better” that’s because they already know they ain’t it for you for one reason or another… as some of these comments suggest :eyes: but if he thinks you deserve better, FIND better. Be better than what he expects from you which is a pity party and to hold out for him like that question shows that you might be. Cut your losses and see it as the trash took itself out… you will find better :ok_hand:t3:

Don’t take him back! Love yourself girl!!

2 Likes

Oh honey there is more to this story,let him go.

2 Likes

Just let him go honey if he wants to leave let him go🚪

I feel like if he’s not even willing to try and work things out and just move out and block you than there may be a bit more to the story.

4 Likes

What he said was true.

1 Like

Oh yeah… more to this than meets the eye! He’s got a new chick! That’s why he:
#1 said that
#2 feels “bad”
#3 moved out and on so quick
#4 messaged you on someone else’s page
#5 HIS friend (not your friend) is helping him keep you on the line “just in case!”!!
RUN!! Bye boy, do not respond anymore!
Cry, feel sad then let yourself heal! Move on!

10 Likes

A drunk mouth speaks a sober mind.

Do not take him back. If you do, you will have just started what will turn into a cycle. And you will do this over and over with him for years.

10 Likes

I prefer to live my life drama free. This is a big stress ball.

1 Like

If he was really in love with you and really sorry he’d be making amends with you. Not packing up and leaving. Love is staying through and preserving the hard times. He’s chosen a quick fix way out. That speaks volumes of his character. Ask yourself if this is the type of love you want for you? I doubt the answer is yes. Do yourself a huge favor and stop listening to “his” friend(s)!!! They are just that! HIS friends! Not on your side girl. Move on and UP! Grade up! You deserve it. Time heals… and makes you wiser… good luck.

1 Like

Head games! Let that man go!

3 Likes

Totally has a side chick, that’s why he left so fast!

5 Likes

My mother always said a drunk man’s mouth is a sober man’s mind. He let the “I feel so bad,” as an excuse to leave. You deserve better.

6 Likes

Too something! Be it emotional, sensitive, manipulative, or and straight up liar. He’s far too something. :triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

He’s got someone else .move on to better!

1 Like

Let him go! He has someone else!

He was definitely looking for a reason to leave don’t get back with him

10 Likes

Move on, girl. Leave him in the dust.

Do you girl he gone. As hard as it is, don’t act like he ever existed. It helps

He took the easy way out imo.I would move on because he sounds shady.If he was so upset on how he treated you he would be working on making it up to you and proving that he isn’t a mess up not blocking you and dissappearing.

7 Likes

There’s definitely more to his story…. Something isn’t adding up and he likely has either cheated on you and doesn’t have the b*lls to tell you or he has another chic.

5 Likes

Do not take him back. This is emotional manipulation at its finest.

8 Likes

He is experienced in this type of behavior!
He already knows that he has a problem.

2 Likes

Sounds like he was looking for a OUT!!

7 Likes

Sounds like emotional manipulation with extra steps…

2 Likes

Trash took itself out :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

Sounds like a boy. Time to move on. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Lmao wtf. That’s a boy, not a man.

3 Likes

It seem you care about him a lot and that’s a good thing . Most people will tell you to move on or that he is cheating. I don’t know your relationship so I’m not going to give you that advice.he could have seen his dad treat his mother that way and he truly wants to be better idk. I recommend talking to him in a day or two or wait to see if he messages you first. I would ask him if he would consider marriage counseling or couples counseling as that is a way for you both to get the help you need from this situation and also get a third parties opinion on the matter who actually knows everything. :wink:

1 Like

I think the issue is there might be someone else. I hope not but pretty sure there might be…

3 Likes

Why not communicate?:confused: like he just up n left? But tore up? But won’t communicate? I’m sorry but definitely either he did more then he says, or he is just immature

5 Likes

Emotional manipulation and abuse if he does come crawling back. He could have just stayed with a friend for a few days to deal with his guilt rather than just completely cutting you off.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s a manipulator.

4 Likes

Ignore it… I became the “other woman” for 2 1/2 years… Promises led, its not going to happen. He’s broken me twice, I believed him… Don’t do it…

4 Likes

I think he’s using it as an excuse to leave. & his friend might even be in on it :woman_shrugging:t3: this just sounds weird tbh

13 Likes

Yikes. He is too much drama

Sounds like he was looking for an out….

7 Likes

He did not just pack his stuff and leave out of the blue. He’s BEEN gone for a long time. I’m sure deep down you know that. You don’t WANT him to come back. He’ll just just keep breaking your heart as long as you let him.

5 Likes

Sounds like the trash took itself out. Do not let him back

Be thankful he’s gone. Keep him blocked/ignore anything he messages you. And move on with yo it life. If he cared about you/respected at all he would’ve talked it out with you. He’s manipulating you. Let him stay gone. Or you’ll be dealing with this drama for years

7 Likes

Sounds like he’s done way more than a few hurtful and unkind words. Sounds more like a lot of guilt is eating at him over something much bigger, and this is just his excuse and way to come out as unscathed as possible and so he doesn’t get caught doing whatever has him feeling so guilty he had to move out, but he’s doing it in a way so as to leave the door open to come back later to test you again if whatever he’s done or doing doesn’t work out. These are not the actions of someone who regrets saying something hurtful while hammered. People get hammered and say hurtful or unkind things all the time, regret them, apologize, and avoid situations where it might happen again, and they work on making amends and having better communication. They don’t start packing and moving out and avoiding making amends and trying to fix things. These are the actions of someone who’s close to getting caught on something much bigger and he’s telling you in not so many words because he’s saying “he’s a f*** up and can’t forgive himself and you deserve better”. Yeah he’s a f*** up alright, and he knows you absolutely deserve someone better, but he wants you to beg and chase him, and then if whatever he’s been hiding comes out, he’s going to tell you it happened during your time apart. Beware! He’s being truthful about himself not being worthy of you and being a “f*** up”, but I guarantee that’s not the entire truth and story of what’s going on and what led up to all of this. I would let him go and try to move on, because I don’t think this is going to end well for you at all if you try to get it take him back. And HIS friend is helping cover for him too. Remember that’s HIS friend, NOT your friend. Be careful confiding in and trusting the friend too. So sorry. Just know your heart will heal and things do get better, and you will meet someone worthy of you.
Love doesn’t need to be begged or chased. It stays, even when things suck. This is not someone who’s going to want to work through things, but the actions of someone who will put you through things you don’t deserve to be put through. Think long and hard on that. He made his choice. Let him go. Take care of you and your heart. Call up YOUR friends and go spend time with them.

By the way, that was a d*ck move blocking you on Facebook. That’s so you can’t see what he’s really up to and who’s about to show up on his page posting and commenting and in pics.
I’m telling you, don’t let this guy play you, because that’s exactly what’s going on here. He’s leaving the door open so he can come back, and it’s manipulative af. Go shut it and move on with your life! You’ll see and be thankful and grateful you did! :blue_heart::sparkles::dizzy:

This may come across as cold but my intention is not to hurt you any more than you’ve been hurt… It sounds to me like you should prioritize yourself! Loving people is a double edge sword, it can be all consuming but you have to remember to love yourself more. Don’t let people take you for granted and I hope you find it in yourself to see that you should love yourself enough to not let anyone disrespect you like that!

6 Likes

This is all just too convenient…coward. He did ya a favor!!!

4 Likes

Manipulation. You take him back and he will do the same over and over and make you miserable.

Or… he’s been looking for an out! Let him stay out!

12 Likes

It def sounds a lot deeper than that. His guilt over something caused all this.

4 Likes

Please Tell me you are not buying into this sob story :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::put_litter_in_its_place::put_litter_in_its_place: what kinda of adults wrongs someone, blocks them and then hits them up on the friends Facebook. He probably getting married and wanted to post the pictures… have your friends check his Facebook. This sounds so fishy and childish to me.

14 Likes

He just needed a way out and to make himself better, he is pretending that he is hurting etc…sorry, but he doesn’t want to be with you. And his modus operandi is disgusting. You deserve better than someone, who had no guts to tell you as it is.

6 Likes

There was obviously some truth in his words in his mind and as they say the truth comes out after drink you didn’t like the words and you don’t want to hear them again so let him go

1 Like

Count ur gains n say Good Riddance to bad rubbish… he wasn’t drunk when he said what he said. He knew well he was saying n using it’s as an excuse n then using what he said as an excuse to leave . Oh plz!! Don’t allow this man to guilt trip u… he wanted to leave so he left…

1 Like

Fuck him… his nothing

He did you a favor.
I’m so sorry though. That’s shitty smh he wanted an out & is acting as if he blames himself.

So they always say people say exactly what they feel when their drunk. He meant what he said and he’s been gone for awhile. I wouldn’t let him back even if he tried. So play it off with the friend and be like tell him thanks for doing me a favor and when I’m with someone else don’t even try to come back. :v:t2: I’d even act like your talking to someone else. :woman_shrugging:t3: He wants to do you dirty, you do it back!!

1 Like

He’s hurting? For…hurting you or

2 Likes

Sounds like he knows what’s best for you listen if he wanted to be there he wouldn’t of left so fast x

4 Likes

If it feels off it usually is…

1 Like

Sounds like there’s more to his problem. I admit words can be like a sword but, I don’t think that’s the problem. He needs to see a therapist. Sounds like the beginning of a depression. Maybe he’s using this as a way or excuse out of the relationship. Sorry. Maybe he’s right. You are better off. God bless.

2 Likes

Bullshit. This was his way out.

He sounds like he has a lot of maturing to do. He also sounds super manipulative and if I were you I’d “let” him go.

That bit$$$# was cheating on you and used his bs as treating you bad as an excuse. He done well with the crying part. He’s good. You’re better off without this azzhole. He screwed up and he’s not hurting. Keep moving from this jerk

7 Likes

If someone says they think you deserve better. Believe them. Cause they can do better and be better but they’re choosing to simply say you deserve better and not try??? Lmao bye

4 Likes

It’s all fake. Do you really need a person like that in your life?

1 Like

Any man that is willing to walk out on you isn’t a man in my eyes. He should of stayed and talked to you about it so you both could have got through it together.

You deserve better.

Don’t be with someone if you are always in fear he is gonna walk out because he said some unkind words.

2 Likes

I think the question you should be asking is if YOU forgive him for what he said and if YOU forgive him for up and leaving like that. If he does decide to come back is that something you even want given everything he has just put you through.

2 Likes

Nope… hes not coming back & is using this as an excuse to stay gone…

5 Likes

Ew. Block him, change the locks and don’t answer any gestures from him. He’s manipulative and strange.

4 Likes