Will my son need a new birth certificate?

In the uk u hav to change his birth certificate so ur married name is now on it not ur maiden name x

1 Like

You can’t change his birth certificate. But that’s his name and it will be fine

Why would you have to that? His birth certificate doesn’t have anything to do with you changing your last name.

7 Likes

You don’t need a new one

You only need his certificate if your flying with him as a lap child

Don’t you just bring your proof of name change? That would make the most sense.

1 Like

You can’t change you sons birth certificate name. so no

2 Likes

Your name has changed not his. That will always be his name unless he decides to ever change it :rofl:

2 Likes

Your maiden name will always be on his birth certificate. He will only need a new one if he’s legally adopted and/or his name legally changes.

4 Likes

Even if you where married when he was born his birth certificate would have your maiden name on it anyways. I was married with my youngest and her birth control has my maiden name on it not my married name

1 Like

All birth certificates just have maiden name

3 Likes

Nope it doesn’t change

1 Like

Even a ‘new’ birth certificate will have the name you had when you had him. Nothing of his needs updated. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

You don’t change your birth certificate, that will never change

Call the birth certificate place and check just to be safe

1 Like

Stop having children, it’s too big of a responsibility. Lord pray for those having babies :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Idk where you are, but in Texas the child’s birth certificate lists the mother by her maiden name.

4 Likes

You don’t need a birth certificate or any form of identification for a child to fly… At least in Illinois you don’t lol.

You don’t need a birth certificate or any form of identification for a child to fly… At least in Illinois you don’t lol.

I don’t think so. Just keep a copy of an old ID with your old name on it.

1 Like

No…you don’t change your son’s birth certificate.

1 Like

Yes. Yes you do! He also needs a driver’s license as another form of ID

10 Likes

No children don’t need anything for ID just have to add child to your flight

No you don’t need it… I had it all for my kids as I have 4 and they didn’t ask for any of them :woman_shrugging: they did ask two of the four what their names were and that was it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Your maiden name should be listed on your child’s birth certificate no matter how many times your last name changes.

6 Likes

Just bring your marriage certificate as well

3 Likes

No you don’t. The airlines doesn’t need i.d. for children under 18

No problem, my daughter’s name was different too but it was fine. They never even asked for it. Safe travels :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He doesn’t need anything until he turns 18

I would check with your local authorities

1 Like

Call the airport…easy as that…

1 Like

The dads name will show on there too, it will make sense with thelast name.

The maiden name stays on the birth certificate always

2 Likes

in Last month i have received $ 12916 by doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://classy-crostata-a5943d.netlify.app/

Marriage certificate linking your maiden name to married name

1 Like

He should be fine with his birth certificate

Are you planning to go through the process of having his name legally changed? Is your new spouse planning to adopt him? That’s when you need to get new documents.

Call the airline authorities just to be sure. Better safe than sorry and it seems they change the rules every day.

Mine wasn’t able to be changed so I just keep a photocopy of my name change with it.

Your maiden name should be on his birth certificate, not a married name, so just carry a copy of his birth certificate, your birth certificate and your marriage certificate. It all connects. :woman_shrugging:t3:

On a birth certificate it will always have moms maiden name. That will never change no matter what.

3 Likes

You don’t change the birth certificate

You shouldn’t need to change it even if you need anything.

1 Like

No. But you can always take your marriage license. And his birth certificate are.

1 Like

no. birth certificate has your maiden name on it

in Last month i have received $ 13509 doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://cheery-muffin-596ffa.netlify.app/

Birth certificates require mother’s madain name on it even if you weren’t married at the time your child was born

2 Likes

If you’re under 18, you need no ID to fly domestically. If you fly internationally if you need a passport which is your ID. I have flown to Alaska and Mexico with my 15yo within the past 6 months. In PA, all birth certificates only have the mother’s maiden name.

1 Like

Please tell me your joking!

3 Likes

No you do not need to get him another one as it won’t need changed on that document

:woman_facepalming:t2:Who’s gonna tell her ?

3 Likes

no you need not change his birth certifacate ,but i would recomend getting a passport for all that are flying anywhere.

1 Like

Lol you got married and changed your last name NOT HIS! :rofl:

6 Likes

So do you think every time a woman gets married she has to change her kids birth certificate???

2 Likes

You HAVE to take you marriage license

1 Like

I would be more worried about the fact that he need a passport to fly outside of the USA, a birth certificate isn’t considered as an ID internationally

What are you running away from?

Why would his last name change unless you had new husband adopt him.

4 Likes

But to answer your question. No. You don’t. The original birth certificate will have your maiden name on it and it will never change.

4 Likes

Even while married my kids birth certs still had my maiden name printed on them not even my married name at the time of their birth

I think its because her name won’t match his birth certificate any more because she got married and changed her name it’s not his name she’s wanting to change its just hers but to answer the question no you do not have to change your name on his birth certificate

5 Likes

My kids birth certificates only list my maiden name anyways. I wasn’t married yet with my 1st but the other 2 I was. Still only lists my maiden name.

in Last month i have received $ 13791 doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://admirable-pixie-92e246.netlify.app/

My kids fly, and they’ve never once asked for ID for them, not a BC, SSC, nothing :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The only reason your child should need a new birth certificate, is if THEIR name changes.

Just keep an old photo I’d with your maiden name on it to show in case you need it. Don’t throw it away!

in Last month i have received $ 14071 doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://incandescent-beignet-420ea8.netlify.app/

You just bring it with you along with your marriage license that’s what I did

No you’ll be fine with showing your birth certificate that has your maiden name

Birth certificates list your maiden name. You don’t change the names on it….:woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

I just keep both of my socials in my wallet that way if I ever have to prove my maiden name I can because your social number don’t change

Is it a legal name change?

Birth certificates never change, so there’s no point in getting a new one.

2 Likes

Why don’t you ask the authorities that actually know what they’re talking about? Instead of getting misinformed by people, might save some drama later, just saying :thinking:

Your maiden name didn’t change…

5 Likes

No, and he won’t need it for a US flight either.

No new birth certificate. Your name is correct as of the day he was born. Just bring your marriage license and his b.c.

2 Likes

Wait what? Oh my :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Birth certificates use maiden names, so no issue with that.

1 Like

I don’t see why. His birth certificate has his name & his SS number will never change, so I don’t; see why he can’t fly because you got married & now have a new last name, His name isn’t going to change, If you are not sure, call the airline up, You are his mother, whether you got remarried or not

4 Likes

You last name is changing not his…

1 Like

You only need ID for children under 2 who are lap infants and adults over 18

I know on my kids birthday certificates my maiden name was listed not my married name. You are fine

2 Likes

Why couldn’t you just google this :woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

A lot of them lost the mothers maiden name and some list both married and maiden name.

Only if you changed his last name legally getting married will not automatically change his name

3 Likes

No you dont. You didnt get a social security. You got a name change with the same number.

I see a lot of people laughing and that’s ridiculous. Some things you don’t know until you know. Kudus for asking.

Now to answer your question: the child’s mother’s maiden name appears on their birth certificate, not her married name. So, no Mama, your baby does not need a new birth certificate.

Safe travels and enjoy your trip!

25 Likes

Yall are rude to someone just asking a question ." No question is a dumb question if YOU DON’T KNOW! " Asking US ,someone may have been through this and has a simple answer .
Maybe her thought was " our I.d doesn’t match up…maybe they won’t let him on,"
Just answer if you’re gonna be helpful and NOT make someone afraid to ask for advice.

No you do not need to change Birth certificate.

2 Likes

That’s not how that works sweetheart. Bless your heart :heart:. Your name at the time of birth doesn’t change.

6 Likes

If you’re in Australia, no you do not (although think it’s be a universal thing).

If he ever has to get a passport or anything, he will just need his BC, your BC and your Marriage Certificate (not sure about this one but) if I remember right

They don’t change your name on your kids birth certificate when you get married that was your legal name when they were born

6 Likes

You don’t get to change your kids last name.

No. He has his legal name, even if he doesn’t possess the same last name as you have. He’s perfectly legal .

Carry your marriage certificate…

2 Likes

No you don’t dear, it goes off of your maiden name, regardless of what your last name was at the time of the child’s birth or now.:heart:

3 Likes

Your child’s name doesn’t change just because you get married, unless your spouse adopts the child. Get the child a passport and make sure you have an ID that has your maiden name on it.

1 Like

Birth certificates have the mothers maiden name if I’m not mistaken. To be safe call the airport and vital statistics office though.

The only way you would have to change his birth certificate is if your husband legally adopted him. Your good momma

1 Like