Would it be wrong for me to move?

Definitely go to court. You shouldn’t be forced to stay in the same town as him!

3 Likes

First petition for a change of the previous agreement from this unstable man and his drama, then Move! The court may be interested to hear about the dss investigations, the baby mamas and the dui as well as his so called plan for when he frequently travels.

45 minutes is hardly excessive. If he cant be an adult and compromise then head back to court . I doubt the judge would be worried about 45 minutes even if its a different county. Given hes missing weeks of his time with your children he’s technically breaking the court order already

2 Likes

Take it to court you have every right things change stop letting him control you.

1 Like

Move. Take him back to court if he pushes it.

1 Like

Request the move thru the court and move

1 Like

A judge will usually understand that a job requires a move. He’s breaking the court agreement because
Of his job

4 Likes

Either way you have to modify and petition to relocate out of the jurisdiction. If he isn’t or hasn’t been utilizing the 50/50 agreement then modify to he gets every weekend, school breaks, a month in the summer plus his regular visits and split holidays even and odd years. He’ll also be required to pay child support if he isn’t due to having 50/50 or more support of he’s already paying so be prepared for one hell of a fight out of him.

1 Like

Take the job and stay where you are while you take him to court.

1 Like

Request relocation through the courts and when you do already have a parenting plan to propose and show how he’s not missing anytime w the kids. Especially if he’s already not utilizing all his time. Do some research and find out the benefits of your move and how it’s in the best interest of your children. That’s what the judge will want to see.

4 Likes

Get it modified! No one should ever make u stuck in life.

1 Like

You need to get court order modified if its in there that children reside in designated county referenced in Order. You will be in contempt if you move to another county if modification not done nor approved

1 Like

Get legal counseling and adjusting the agreement for benefits of every one if possible.

3 Likes

Take him to court, it will most likely be in your favor. It’s not like you are moving hours away or to another state.

1 Like

Go to court and tell them you are moving. The court cannot stop you from moving only 45 minutes away.

3 Likes

Take it to court. You deserve to be able to move where you want and the life you want.

1 Like

Go to court and motion for the change. Explain he is gone weeks at a time and that there is a better job opportunities where you will move that benefits and you and children.

2 Likes

If it’s still in the same county then you can move without notifying him and majority of the time it’s you can’t move outside of adjacent counties

2 Likes

Do it. 45 minutes is not that big of a deal. You could always meet at a half way point. Or you drive to drop them off and when they come home he drives them back. Do what is best for everyone.

2 Likes

Relocation and modified schedule through the courts!

Hes already breaking the agreement. When he travels and the kids at his moms, they’re supposed to be with him. File for court before you move

5 Likes

You are in the right to want to better your life. The one not thinking of the kids is him for not be available to see his kids when he is to.

2 Likes

No take him to court and try to get the judge to allow you to move.

1 Like

No, take the job. All you need to do is apply through the court under “visitation modification” state yiur ressons why and make it aware you’re not doing it to alienate their dad

5 Likes

Do what’s best for you and the children,when he travels not to worried about kids.

1 Like

Do it. It’s not across the country if you have to get the court involved then do that too

U didn’t tell us how old your children are? Too many unknowns to give an opinion.

1 Like

Because of your court order… go to court because it will change the kids school district and you don’t want to go against your existing order but of course try and advance your life it helps your happiness and your kids… it shows them anything is possible

2 Likes

Go to the court and MOVE

3 Likes

Just do it,he has had it easy too long, take care of yourself

3 Likes

45 minutes’ difference is no big deal.

4 Likes

In most states you could modify the joint custody agreement into primary custody allowing him every other weekend (possibly supervised), dui’s and adult content should insure that

2 Likes

Just move then work out to meet halfway to exchange the kids

1 Like

I would go to court and let the judge know why you are moving, 45 minutes further doesn’t seem to bad but the judge could say since your the parent moving you might have to hold the brunt of traveling further for drop offs, moving for a job is different than just wanting to move

7 Likes

You have to go to court for an adjustment

5 Likes

Go to the courts and see what they say. You are moving for work. Make sure you have documents to back up this and his work schedule that you have had to work around.

3 Likes

How would you feel if the situation was the other way around? If you would not be ok with it then you are being selfish.

2 Likes

Petition the court n be ready to prive why its in the best interest of the kids to move n give them his work schedule date to date to when he comes n go get a good lawyer to

1 Like

you’re making the move, the kids are already established there. i think he should be primary.

1 Like

I haven’t been in your position, but I would talk to an attorney and possibly go back to court to amend the original order, especially if there have been safety issues.

3 Likes

No ur not wrong because u are doing this for ur job its not like u are just moving to move. Id talk to the court and let them know the reason u are moving 45 minutes away and try to have it adjusted. 45 minutes is not that bad and he travels for his job so its really no different.

7 Likes

Get a court hearing & pose the question to the custody judge. Then you will get your legal answer.
Have the modification that you want prepared to present to the judge also, the reason why & the proof needed to make your points.

1 Like

You should modify the court order before you decide. If you move without the modification, you could be found in contempt of court orders.

4 Likes

Ummm. I stopped reading after he said you’re being selfish. He’s away for weeks on end, how is that any different to you wanting to move less than an hour away. The only difference I see, is that you have majority of the responsibilities while he’s away… and he’s telling you, your selfish for wanting to take an opportunity to better yours and your kids life. He has got to be joking. He is not concerned about the kids, but more annoyed at the inconvenience it will be for him, if you move.

2 Likes

I would go back to court if its gonna be better for you and he’s already mia a good amount of time. Like seriously 45 minutes isnt that far so i dont see why he thinks they should stay with his mother

Start packing, there is nothing selfish about moving 45 minutes away

1 Like

Go to court and then go from there

2 Likes

Go to court and request to have the order modified. Anything other than that would be a violation of the custody agreement.

6 Likes

Ask family court, if a court mediator can help to modify the court order. 45 minutes is not that much further away.

3 Likes

It’s not like she’s moving cross country… meet in the middle for pick up. Take the new job!

4 Likes

A new court order is required. This have nothing to do with selfishness.

4 Likes

Go to court and have your court order changed slightly. Nothing wrong with wanting to make that move and it’s barely anything.

6 Likes

45 min is hardly a huge distance

3 Likes

Go to court first. If you just move first, you’re only going to be seen as the one breaking a court order. Don’t give him any ammo. Get the order changed first and then move.

2 Likes

45 min is not far if you move you may be required to do the travelling because he isn’t agreeing, sounds like you are doing for the good of your family so do it x

4 Likes

If you are wanting to move away then you would need to do the travelling but I don’t see why the orders need to be changed if it’s only 45mins away. The orders can stay the same.

1 Like

45 mins isn’t bad but depending on how you do 50/50 and where your kids go to school a judge may think that is far for kids to travel for 50/50 custody.

Yes mama. Go to court, get the court orders changed, have the documentation of the CPS incidents, you deserve the chance to live a fulfilled life and be able to provide for your family how you see fit.

5 Likes

Go to court and get it changed!

1 Like

move even if you have to go to court

1 Like

Moving with in an hour from your current address should be no big deal considering he travels for work. Unless you are moving out of state to another then he may be able to make things hard on you. I won custody of my son when he was 6 and moved from Illinois to Florida. Many here know the struggles we had but once we were given the ok from court our lives got better and he still saw his mother as much the next year as he did the last year. But for sure Kathy is right… lol She is always right. it will depend on the location of the court, and the judge you have. Many will see what is right for you to be able to better your life and your kids lives. I think many people worry about this when they find a new mate and have to move for work location. It sounds like a 45 minute to an hour drive for him should not be a problem for the court to make a good decision in your favor. It is not far and he is not disabled to be able to see them. As a man he should see what is best for the kids and not be the guy that just wants to cause you and the kids pain. There is no way they would stop you for just moving 45 minutes away. Hell in Chicago everywhere is 45 minutes to drive to or worse. Good luck.

2 Likes

Do what is best for your family and your children. If you are the main support of these children do not let anyone control your life. You can take him to court after. Make sure you have all of your evidence when you do go back to court. The cps documents and the dwi.

1 Like

I’d move myself and try to meet in the middle

Do what you feel is best for you, not your ex husband

1 Like

u do what is best for you he is not with you and you r not together to make decisions you have to do what is best and the court cannot tell you where to live that is communistic i don’t know the word for it

45 minutes is not hundreds of miles away. Shouldn’t even be a question.

4 Likes

Petition the court order. If it is to better YOU and your family, the judge normally will agree to it. In some cases they won’t tho.

Very simple if it was me I would move you deserve a good life.

Get it approved and move!!! You will be in the clear then!!!

Go get that modified

45 minutes is nothing but since you are making the move you probably should do the driving to take the kids to him if he won’t agree with you. That is a petty parent though because he should want better for you all if it’s in turn Better for his kids. Court orders are changed all the time

go to court, but before you do discuss with the children because depending on their age the court may want some input from them also. I think a halfway meet on the driving would be very reasonable and when he travels they should stay with you, but the school situation will also come in to play. Think it all though carefully and have all you ducks in a row before approaching the court.