Would you address this with the person? Or just wait and see

I have a family member, by marriage, who is attempting to begin the same business I am in, home daycare. My concern is she has no experience or background in the field, just her own kids and those of family.
There also hasn’t been the best care of her home or children.

38 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you address this with the person? Or just wait and see - Mamas Uncut

I would just tell her that if she ever wants any advice you’re happy to assist her, then let her get on with it. Saying anything else will cause unnecessary friction.

104 Likes

Just focus on your own business and thrive. Don’t get into her business and if something goes wrong on her end you are not legally obligated. Wish her the best and be positive about it. She’s not stealing your clients. Just let her figure it out.

63 Likes

Wow y’all really can’t read. She isn’t trynna be in someone else’s business, she said that there hasn’t been the the best care of their home or children. Y’all are really just gonna let some inexperienced people who don’t have the best care for their children or home babysit and care for YOUR child or other peoples children. Y’all would just ignore children being treated wrongfully or have some random adult put their hands on your child?? But what y’all really worried about is someone else’s money that can be obtained elsewhere.
If I were you, I’d get an investigation going on in their home if proper care isn’t being provided & try to get info on how to go about those things.

6 Likes

Sounds like jealousy. Why tear someone down who wants to open their own business? Focus on yours and let her focus on hers.

29 Likes

Some of you people are so naive to the way real life works! I have seen people who ran in home daycares with no licensing whatsoever. Do you know how they got away with it?! There are parents out there who can’t afford licensed daycares and you know what they do, they go to at home daycares that aren’t licensed because they’re cheaper! I’m not saying this family member is unlicensed or that there are any signs of neglect/abuse, but should she wait until a child is seriously injured or killed?! I’m not saying that is the case in this situation, but does she want that on her conscience if it is?!

Most daycares have to be inspected and have to have a certificate so they can be open!

4 Likes

I mean if she has to get licensed then she will have to have it to standard as they also do yearly unannounced checks

2 Likes

Don’t rain on someone else’s endeavors. This could be good for them.

38 Likes

Leave it alone. Thats petty

29 Likes

My best advice would be to congratulate her and stay in your lane. If she needs help, she’ll ask… All too often things look easy until you’re in it then things just fall into place. Sink or swim :wink: you do you.

4 Likes

As women we should always look to lift each other up!!! Is that what you are doing here!?!

13 Likes

Her only experience is her own kids… That’s experience! You sound jealous and bitter

34 Likes

Reading these comments telling OP to mind her own business are probably the very same people who ‘turn a blind eye’ to regularly bruised and unhappy children because it’s ‘none of anyone’s business’ or you’d rather not get involved yourself so pretend you’ve seen nothing.

1 Like

Where the health and safety of children are involved, it is vital to have some education. Are licensing, inspections, permits, needed? Can you contact some governing body to ensure she is meeting requirements?

1 Like

Man this went fro question to possible abuse . Add in a mix of CPS, jealously. Oh my. Personally I’d mind my own business. See no evil, hear no evil ,speak no evil. If something comes down , it’s between her and the parent she works for. :woman_shrugging:. BOB. Back off Barney :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Let the market decide, and stay in your lane unless she asks you directly for help.

2 Likes

Just offer advice about how you started and let her know that you know how tough it is and that you could help her. Becareful to not insinuate she can’t do it or cause a riff that could be detrimental to your relationship with your married into family. Just be there for them as if they are truly passionate about it they would welcome the help and then at least you can say you offered help xx

5 Likes

Mind your own business. If you can’t find it in yourself to support her don’t tear her down. What would you address? That you don’t think she’s competent? Who are you to judge.

29 Likes

You can be supportive and say something. Explain the process of licensing, of the challenges of having many little ones in your home that aren’t yours. Don’t exaggerate, but be honest.

2 Likes

If people aren’t comfortable leaving their kids there, they won’t. Let it fizzle out on its own

2 Likes

Mind your own business. Unless she asks for advice…

2 Likes

Run your own business, let her her run hers.

12 Likes

I don’t know which state you are in but in Texas a home daycare has to be licensed through the Texas Dept of Health and Human Services. If they approve a person they make periodic inspections to make certain all rules are being followed. If a person is running a non registered daycare out of their home anyone can report them and the state will shut them down.

2 Likes

It sounds like and looks like jealousy is rearing it’s ugly head you two shouldn’t be competing with one another you are family now he should be helping one another instead of trying to compete with one another it’s like the saying goes treat others the way you want to be treated

2 Likes

Wait & see …people aren’t blind & children talk she won’t last long with other people’s children if this is the case…Good luck yourself…be mindful of these precious children…

1 Like

Not your circus, not your monkeys. Only give advice if it’s been asked of you. It’s not your job to teach them this lesson they’ll learn it themselves

1 Like

On one hand you could wait and see if it’s something she’s really considering and give her support/encouragement but on the other hand if you’ve noticed that she doesn’t take the best of care of her home or children then by not interfering you could be putting other people’s kids in danger

If she wants to open her own business then so be it. To legally do it she has to go through the state. They’ll make her make modifications of the house and everything to get licensed, so If her home isn’t up to par they won’t pass her to get a license.

1 Like

If this person is getting licensed then it’s really none of your business it’s up to the state whether or not she’s qualified. If it’s going to be an illegal operation then report it to the state and they’ll take care of it

1 Like

I mean technically you do have to apply for a license and I believe they have to come out and inspect everything. A lot of people start off running them just because they have kids or enjoy watching kids. However, if you feel things are unsafe, have an investigation looked into it. Just make your doing it for the right reasons and not just to be petty bc they’re doing the same thing as you

1 Like

I would say just let her be. She sounds like someone who probably doesn’t follow through on anything anyway lol. But, either way, I’m sure the universe has its own plan for her, no need for you to do anything. It’s not in your best interest

Given the experience it will play itself out very quickly. The big concern would be if any kids get hurt in the process :pensive:

The states usually do a check of the home, along with the mountain of other things needed to do for opening any buisness, I would focus on yourself and providing the best possible care in your home!

State has to certify her. If she can’t pass she won’t be. Then really no one would leave kids with her. If she’s that bad and has an unlicensed daycare. The state will step in. Focus on you.

1 Like

Unless she asks for your advice, no I would not offer my opinion.

I’d say with your own mean and judgemental words, it’s actually you anyone should think twice about leaving their kids with

Its a regulated business, under strict guidelines she has to maintain & educate herself. Don’t worry about it.

People of all walks of life babysit kids. So if she isn’t abusive or neglectful to the kids and her home would pass safety and sanitary requirements, you should mind your own business. She cannot be you or maybe have what you do just like you aren’t anyone else.
In a case like this, it really is up the the kids parents to investigate her and her place and decide if they want their children there or not.

How does that impact your life? Is she taking clients from you? If not mind your own beeeeees :honeybee: wax.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much about it people are going to want references before they decide to leave their child there

Stay out of it… unless asked for advice or help.

I’d say to mind your own business. There is such a need for childcare there shouldn’t be any jealousy.

I think you sound a little jealous that she is starting a business like yours. You should leave her and her business alone and do not bad mouth her to anyone.

Just leave it alone. If it’s like you are saying no one will want thier kids with her anyway. You sound a touch jealous dear.

Make your online signage something spectacular so hopefully they cant follow. Do you have any certificates etc.
If so, make sure you add these in your description.
Even invite people to pop in to see how you are operating…
The more you add tge further away from your rellie you will be.
If you happen to hear anything untoward about them, thats when Id be starting to speak to someone higher up within a government authority.

How else is she going to get experience other then to start babysitting?

Stay in your lane and MYOB. Take care of your business and let her learn and manage hers!

3 Likes

Not really your concern now is it ,wish her lucky and go on with your life

1 Like

As long as she is properly licensed let her be.

2 Likes

Just stay in your own business. Time will tell her true capilbilitie.

2 Likes

Be there if she asks for help otherwise leave alone

Leave her alone. It’s her business.

Mind your business girl :joy: if she needs advice she can ask

25 Likes

What’s the question or concern? Sounds like you’re a little peeved shes doing the same thing as you. Are you scared shes going to succeed more than you have? Or she’ll fail miserably and you are looking out for her?

2 Likes

I’d say mind your own business… dont be insecure and worry about your own dreams not hers .

i think such businesses need papers so good luck

1 Like

Learn to pick your battles. This is not one you want to start up. It could break your family up. Is that what you want?

2 Likes

Day care needs health dept certifications… otherwise its just babysitting.

It doesn’t concern you. Just worry about your own business and leave the checking of quals up to the parents

1 Like

How would you like someone to address it with you?? It sounds like u maybe don’t want competition :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Don’t you need qualifications to do this and insurance? Wont be long before someone reports her. You just do what you do best. There are always imitations.

Maybe this will make her do better.

let her sink on her own. what she does will have a lasting impression on her customer base.

As long as she is doing it by the book and following the law and has absolutely nothing to do with your business and you are in different cities or areas and she is not asking you to come help her you should have no problems but if any of the above are over lapping onto you then you will encounter problems down the road if you want me to elaborate i can ?

Give her all the help and experience you can offer.

Kids always come first! Always look out for kids. Does not matter who’s kids.

I wouldn’t say anything. I could careless about my in-laws choice of work or their capabilities of working. Sink or swim mfers

Leave it alone let her figure it out on her own

Blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours any brighter. Let her do her thing, whether it works out or not. You do you.

nope- contact the State Agency that regulates such business ~

A lot of people dive into job without knowing what to Do.
So what

Stay out of it. Let it run its course.

No, help her if you can. If she isn’t good parents will soon find that out for themselves

1 Like

Well, it is hard to open a legal childcare and there’s lots of requirements to open and run one and keep it running, my sons grandmother used to run one. There’s lots of requirements

1 Like

Sounds like you just want something to complain about because she’ll technically be competition if it works out for her. Mind your own and let her be. If it works out, awesome. If it doesn’t, still keep your mouth shut and don’t rub it in. Sorry but you just sound petty…

Literally mind your own business & leave her to mind hers. If she isn’t qualified it won’t ever take off anyway. And if your state is like mine she’ll still have to pass inspections and be licensed.

1 Like

dont most states require some sort of license for an in home daycare? if so report her

Really doesn’t matter what she has done before or not. Just like you she also gets the opportunity to succeed or fail no matter what the circumstances are!!

Maybe but the fcuk out and let her do her thing and you do yours?? That’s what’s wrong with this world too many people have opinions on what others do when it’s none of there fcuking business…

1 Like

Seems like you are more concerned with a possible competitor. Let her customers decide.

Mind your own business.

Mind your own business.

1 Like

Not your business, not your problem. Advise when asked otherwise, stay out of it.

2 Likes

None
Of your business

I’d say to mind your own business

1 Like

Mind your business. It has nothing to do with you.

You should mind your business.

1 Like

Sounds that u fear some competition.

1 Like

Mind your own business.

Need more information on this story before we can comment
Sounds a bit bitter to me

1 Like

Let her fall on her face.

2 Likes

Mind your own business.

1 Like

Mind your own business.

6 Likes

Encourage and guide. Let her come “work” with you for a little, gain some experience and confidence outside of her family’s children. Maybe you guys could work together instead and make it an even more amazing home daycare!!

Focus on your business. Unsolicited advice is best to keep to yourself. If she is serious she will figure it out and make her business happen. People start successful businesses all the time with no back ground or experience. You do you and mind your own.

kid’s are kid’s, same as her more or less, everything will be fine

Nope! She’s free to open her own daycare! Probably won’t last very long anyway! Should be against the law anyway! Way to easy for abuse to happen! My friend had a baby and left her baby with her very best friend for childcare everyday! When the baby was 5 mons she was shaken almost to death! By her very best friend!! Now the girl can just sit there not talk or walk!! Home care is to dangerous!

Mind my goddam business!!!.