Would you allow your in laws to take your oldest to a birthday party?

Would you allow your in law’s to take your oldest (6) to a birthday party? There is family flying in from Florida, people that my husband and I don’t even know who will be there. They’re doing a bounce house for the kids (which honestly worries me. Has it been cleaned properly?). This COVID stuff has me a mess! I feel like I’m gonna have to be “that mom” right now and say no.

19 Likes

Not if I don’t know the people and where they have been

COVID is scary, and if you don’t know enough people attending to be comfortable, then you are well within your rights to say “No thanks, maybe next time.” There’s absolutely nothing wrong with doing what you feel you need to do to keep your kiddo safe. :heart:

1 Like

I probably would, but I trust my inlaws to keep an eye on my kids. They’ve already been in a bounce castle since this started so that doesn’t bother me either.

1 Like

Absolutely not in this situation.

If you aren’t comfortable with it, say no. Especially, not knowing people and with covid19.

Go with how you feel.is your husband on the same page? This is a scary time right now.

I definitely would not with this COVID-19 going especially with ppl flying in. Don’t mean to try and scare you but we just had a sweet young 18 ur old pass away today here in the town I live in after a awful battle with it. Please keep your children safe. Your in laws should understand and respect you for wanting to protect your children.

1 Like

I would say no with this pandemic going on, but in a normal situation, I’d be fine with it.

If you don’t feel uncomfortable- dont do it !

1 Like

Honestly I would say no. With all this covid stuff, that alone would worry me

I would totally let my little one go.
I know my inlaws would not do anything to put my child in harms way.

3 Likes

You have to trust your gut feeling as a mom. He’ll have plenty of birthday parties in his lifetime

1 Like

Remember, when this is all over your children still have to be kids. Your kiddo is doing what’s best for them and building immunity. I’d let my daughter go.

3 Likes

Yes, stop living in fear. This virus is never going away

7 Likes

I would let my kids go. You can’t live in constant fear. Have your in laws bring hand sanitizer and take precautions but let the kids live a little. If you really look at the death rate of this virus it is completely blown out of proportion.

2 Likes

It’s not even about the Covid specifically for me, it’s the fact that people are freaking evil now days and can’t be trusted around children. So no, I wouldn’t let my child go without me for that specific reason.

6 Likes

That would be a corona noooo!

I would with a face mask and instructions to hand sanitize repeatedly but only if I knew they would listen to me.

No absolutely not. I don’t know the people? HeLL No especially with covid out and about

2 Likes

Don’t let them go. You’re the only one that knows what’s best for your kid and the only advocate they have. Scientists still don’t know the long term effects of the virus even if you get it and survive. Not worth it

2 Likes

If you guys have been taking precautions and keeping to yourselves, it’s probably not worth the risk right now. Although, I will say we rented a bounce house/water slide with a couple of our neighbors and the company cleaned and disinfected it really well right in front of us when they set it up

2 Likes

I would flat out say no. You don’t know everyone who’s going to be there, covid is going on, you don’t know if everyone will take safety precautions, etc. Better safe than sorry

1 Like

Not worried at all about covid, but just inviting strangers over to meet your child in general

1 Like

If you dont feel right about it? No.

I probably wouldn’t… :grimacing:

With people from Florida, nope!!

1 Like

I would say no, I’m not gonna be there and there’s strangers there :woman_shrugging: the world’s a scary place right now

1 Like

You should always listen to your gut feeling when it comes to your babies :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m not worried about the covid at all buuuttt a bunch of strangers idk but then again I’m not a people person.

1 Like

Listen to your gut mama. And my answer would be no🙅🏼‍♀️

1 Like

You’re taking away fun, family time, and memories from your child if you say no. Go with them.

No. I would not let mine go. Besides corona you said people will be there that you dont know. I wouldn’t be comfortable with letting my kids around strangers when I’m not there. Why aren’t you going?

Sure. Let the kid have fun. Just remind them to wash their hands.

Id have to say no…too many kids are dying no one will care for your child like you .and second you dont know the people he will be around and covid19 is not something yo play with its just to risky…

1 Like

No because of pandemic.

no no you can’t do family parties offer after this mess is over

Hell no!! He’s 6 and they’re strangers and Covid…Nope Nope No!!!

Yeah at 6, and I trust my mother in law with my kids life. She wouldn’t ever put them in harms way.

2 Likes

Go with your gut feeling, having family member who has died of Covid and knowing people who have had it bad, I am that mom. I wouldn’t let mine go. The fact that people are flying in, and coming from different towns would be a big No for me, where still in a pandemic. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t be comfortable with it

I would. We’re all healthy… The liklihood of kids catching this dumb shit is rare… Can’t live in fear forever.

Absolutely, We trust our in-law take our kids to birthday party’s !

I’ve missed a baby shower, and a 1st birthday party, and my daughters first birthday last week was just my parents and father in law. Do what you think is safe!

1 Like

In “normal” times, it wouldn’t worry me, but during COVID, my answer would be no

Do you trust your in laws to pay 100% attention to your child? Covid aside, you need to trust them to keep an eye on your child the entire time. It doesn’t matter if it’s family. Family members hurt kids all the time. If you do trust them, do you think that covid would affect your son in a very negative way? Does he have an underlying health condition? No? Then he’s probably fine to go. If you have a gut feeling that it’s wrong, then say no. Trust your gut. But if you’re just worried about covid, and he has no underlying conditions, I do think it would be ok for him to go. Your in laws will be there anyway, so if you see them after the party and they carry the virus to y’all, you will get it anyway. Just tell your in laws to wash your sons hands every 20-30 min and make sure he isn’t sharing food or drinks with anyone whatsoever.

Are you worried about the in laws taking him or actually Corona?! Sounds like Corona as an excuse for the in laws not to have him

1 Like

Even if there wasn’t a global pandemic, noooooope😂 you don’t know them

I feel bad for a lot of the commenters kids. Yes the world is scary but just because someone is a stranger it doesn’t mean they are going to hurt your kids. Do you not trust your in-laws ? I trust my kids life with my mother in law.

7 Likes

Nope. Sorry. Kids safety comes first.

With all honesty there is no reason you should not trust your in-laws with their children!!! Clean and sanitize those bounce houses before they get to your property. Honestly it should be up to you and how you feel inside your heart not up to 5000 strangers on Facebook. because at the end of the day it doesn’t matter how many people on Facebook tell you know what matters is inside of your heart honestly I would let my kid go to a birthday party like that as long as my in-laws know that safety is the main priority of your child come on man that’s their grandchild!! I think it would be fine to go myself! Your the mom, not all these other people on Facebook. It’s how you feel in your heart. Honestly you’d be making your child miss out on some good ole bday fun! I don’t like that my mom is like that with the child that I let her adopt. I couldn’t take that child to no parades or fall festivals or nothing and the look on her face every single time I would take my daughter that I have custody of out to have fun she would just have tears in her eyes because she was missing out on everything. You don’t want to look back and feel that feeling trust me. I mean my mom even took it as far as to tell me that my one child that I have custody of was not allowed to go to the fall festivals or parades because she was not allowing the daughter I let her have custody of go and have fun. And I was not about to go down that road I told my mom to shove it. I told her that I have custody of mine she has custody of hers would I do with mine is my business. my daughter that my mother has custody of had to watch my family go to shipwreck island waterpark with my daughters friends and she could not go. Truthfully and honestly deep down inside that’s not a nice feeling.

I’m having my son a bounce house for his birthday in 2 weeks. The place santizes it, but I’ll lysol it just to be safe.

I let my mom take my son to a birthday party for her co-worker’s kid. I trust my mom. If you trust your in-laws, your kid will be fine.

1 Like

I only trust one of my friends with my daughter. I won’t even let her cousins see her bc they go to school. My son has undying conditions. So I don’t let her go anywhere that has multiple ppl.

Why would I not trust my child’s grandparents? If Covid is the issue then I get it but I’m not going to have kids with someone if I can’t trust their family with our child

3 Likes

If you don’t know those people why’d you let your kid go?

1. Is the party outside, mostly outside or mostly indoors?
  2. How many people will be there? 10? 25? 50? If it’s a few people, OK, a bigger crowd can present more danger.
  3. Will your child & in-laws be masked and have lots of sanitizer/hand & face washing opportunities and are the family members you know who will be there taking precautions?
  4. Will there be enough room to social distance when people are eating and drinking?
  5. Do you trust your in-laws with your child? Will they keep a close eye or let him/her run wild?
  6. How many people are coming from out of town & from where? Two people? Twelve? Are they coming from hot spots or more rural areas with very few COVID cases?
  7. How long is the party? An hour or two in the outdoors with a few people is different from an 8-hour day with a crowd indoors.
  8. Is there a reason you can’t go with them?
  9. Do you have a compromised immune system or other reason(s) that puts you at greater risk? Does your child?
  10. Is this one of very few chances your child will be able to spend time with these relatives? How close are the relatives, and are they hoping specifically to meet your child? Are some so old this may be their last chance to meet? Would your child or the relatives really miss each other if your child stays home?

Everything presents some kind of risk, but weigh your odds before making a decision, then stick to it.

If the trip is on, a) call during the festivities to check & b) request they come home if things are worse than you expected. c) Have your child bathe as soon as he/she arrives home & put the clothes in the washer or laundry bin.

You should do what YOU feel is right and not what strangers on the internet would do. However your question was what would we do and I would let her. My sister in law had a bouncy house water slide combo at my nephew’s birthday party a few weeks ago. They are supposed to be sanitized between rentals. As far as getting covid from the people at the party, you probably have the same chance of catching it at the grocery store.

why don’t you trust your in laws after they raised your husband i can’t believe you would have married him if they hadn’t done a good job i didn’t get a long with mine for the first 5 or 6 years but i trusted with my daughter because i trusted there son

You’re the mom and if you feel it’s best that your child stays home, then they stay home. Grandparents have no say in the decisions you make for your childs wellbeing.

3 Likes

Even without covid I wouldn’t. You got this mama

They do clean it but it doesn’t matter wether they did or not if there is a big group of people gathering. Florida’s covid numbers are ridiculous. I would say no, and I wouldn’t care if I was coming off as a bitch or mean

If it wasn’t for COVID than I’d probably say yes. But being this is all going on and there’s people you have no idea where they’ve been or coulda been exposed than no. They should understand

2 Likes

Nope. If the folks on flight have not quarantined for 14 days no. No bounce house.

I would let mine take my kiddo.

1 Like

Even if Covid wasn’t an issue why would your child be going? Unless it’s a party for a friend of the child they wouldn’t be going unless it was a family member’s birthday. But Covid related say no, many people grouped together isn’t a great idea, if it is for a family member. Do a different celebration with them and less people.

Hmmmm. Normally I’d say yes. But with covid, no

If you even have to ask, then no. You are uncomfortable with the idea and you are the parent. Follow your gut.

1 Like

No, I would go with your intuition if it says not safe or comfortable with them taking your child then tell them sorry but no you got to do what is best for your child

1 Like

I always say your child your way. You owe nobody an explanation of how you raise your child

1 Like

Even if COVID wasn’t going on, if you are uncomfortable with the idea don’t let your child go. You and your husband are the parents and all family members need to respect that.

1 Like

If you’re not comfortable, say no. You are your child’s ONLY advocate.

2 Likes

Either the parents go too so they know who’s around their child and if being safe with distancing, or the child doesn’t go :woman_shrugging: there will be other parties

Be that Mom and say NO. Covid is not a joke and kids ARE getting it and developing complications that can be lifelong, not to mention that they can be carriers and bring it home to you. Keep your kids home where you know YOU are doing all you can to keep everyone safe and healthy!!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t allow anyone other than my parents and that’s me asking where and who’s party and me knowing the type of party, even if it’s a child’s. So I wouldn’t. Specially with COVID now.

Especially people from Fla, there is a lot of C 19 there.

1 Like

I wouldn’t let my parents or in laws do it even without covid

Idk… I would let mine go. I fully trust my in laws with my kids and know that they would have hand sanitizer and everything and they would never let anything happen to my babies. But if you don’t feel that same way then I guess don’t let them. But I mean we can’t let this covid run our lives forever. I know it’s a scary thing but we risk our lives everyday either way. Literally Anything could happen at any given moment… And yet we still live our lives everyday.

2 Likes

If youre asking you are uncomfortable. Say no.

Just let the child go and have some fun. Damn. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Normally yes but under these circumstances with covid I would have to say no as I wouldn’t be comfortable my child being around big groups right now

Does the kid know the other kids? If yes, how well? If it’s just someone they go to school with/see occasionally, no. If it’s their best friend, maybe.

1 Like

Me personally, yes I wouldn’t hesitate. The virus doesn’t scare me…

But I do see where you’re coming from!

7 Likes

Yes I would let them take him and I would let my son go.

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t, but that’s me.

2 Likes

Nope…i would say that due to Covid he will be unable to attend. Easy Peezy…NO

6 Likes

I wouldn’t. It’s a little too close for comfort in my opinion. But you do what your gut tells you to do!

1 Like

I personally would let my kids go. As for covid, (my thoughts and opinion) if you take your kid out to walmart or anywhere else then why would it matter if your kid went to a birthday party? Have your in laws make sure he/she washes their hands really good and wear a mask maybe if your that worried 🤷 but i dont see the issue. Overall tho your mom so its 100% your call if your kid goes or not

6 Likes

Absolutely not! My daughter does not and will not go anywhere without me PERIOD.

3 Likes

The fact that the family is coming from Florida would be the first reason to say NO!

9 Likes

Its a no from me. Regardless of covid. My babies dont go anywhere without me yet…

1 Like

Yes. I’ve never once not allowed my kids to go with my inlaws other than my kiddos already being grounded. They are blessed both or our families always want them around and take them places. As for covid I mean my kids are still in all their activities they go out to stores and such so this is no different. Imo.

5 Likes

I would only take your kids around people yourself. They don’t need to be mixed in with other kids plus Florida people r suppose to quarantine it’s a hotspot again.

4 Likes

Id let my kid have fun . But im from fl and I guess thats an issue itself :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wouldnt that feeling you got writing this post ask yourself if you wanna chance it. Not everyone takes it seriously and you got to keep your kids safe. I thought they were supposed to be quarantined again because the amount of exposed people!

2 Likes

Nope. I don’t let anyone take my kids to stuff like that if I’m not with them. They know not to even ask anymore.

Under regular circumstances, I would, but not with Covid being such a problem right now.

4 Likes

Meh idk I think it depends I let my kids go off w their dad and his ppl and this whole time ik they have been around lots of ppl at times…you have equal chances at any restaurant or Walmart…if you are going to get anxiety about it then forget it lol

From Florida, absolutely NO.

1 Like

Nah kids should not go anywhere without you