Would you be mad if your husband forgot your anniversary?

Would you be mad if your husband forgot your anniversary? Ours is literally today and it’s our 3rd one and he has said nothing. He never really goes all out of anything… but I at least was hoping for a happy anniversary or something… I feel like I deserve that much. Like I made a huge dinner and dessert for us to enjoy. Our kiddo is in bed early and he’s down the road at his brothers house. I shouldn’t have to spell it out for him…. Am I overreacting?

66 Likes

You are not over reacting at all. I’m so sorry. I wish I had advice but I’m in the same boat as you. My husband and my anniversary is on the 14th his cousin asked us if we could pet sit that weekend and I said to my husband I suppose we could unless you have something planned for our 5th anniversary… I could tell by the look on his face he had completely forgotten

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you be mad if your husband forgot your anniversary? - Mamas Uncut

I would just text him. Happy anniversary babe. Goodnight I love you. And see how fast he comes home :rofl:

73 Likes

So toxic with the women saying “he’s a man. Men forget”. No, no they don’t. They remember what’s important to them. Frankly, yalls anniversary isn’t important to him. There are dates, especially important ones that should be remembered.

44 Likes

My husband forgets his own birthday. Its just a man thing. I know how frustrating it is but it’s not worth the fight.

9 Likes

I’d text him happy anniversary but I’m funny about things so I’m adding can’t wait to see what flowers you got me​:rofl:. I don’t know I’d be upset if my hubby forgot our anniversary. For me it should be important enough to remember ( put in your phone calendar to help you remember if you’re forgetful :woman_shrugging:t4:) Men remember gaming schedules for sports, work stuff, hanging out with the boys, why not your anniversary. I don’t give free passes to forget me/us. I’m sorry that’s my thoughts.

11 Likes

Why wouldn’t you just tell him? Maybe he’s not good at remembering dates? Maybe he didn’t pay attention to the date. Say something to him and see if he knows

9 Likes

Get used to it, dates aren’t important for some people. Watched my dad forget mom’s birthday and anniversary every year unless he was literally reminded multiple times beforehand. If this has been his pattern the last 3yrs it’s going to be the same for the next 30. If he’s a good man and partner the rest of the year it’s not worth getting upset. Put reminders on the calendar on his phone and the wall calendar and hope for the best

7 Likes

I forget dates so easily honestly, so I get it. I have to check my phone to see the date more often than I’d like to admit… :sweat_smile: Some people are just more organized than others, but I definitely see how it would hurt your feelings. Happy anniversary to you dear! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Unless it’s written down on a calendar that’s in my face then, I forget the dates to things.

5 Likes

Me an the mister forgot our anniversary this year😬 realized like two days after. Some people just don’t celebrate the same as others. Maybe remind him a little ahead of time an give ideas an plan something together next time😊

4 Likes

Happened to me last year and have a feeling it will again tomorrow is our 20th. He thought we got married in April🤦 Sept 25th is his favorite grandmother bday. You remember what is important to you…to me this should be a day you never forget because it’s one of the most important days of your life🤷

3 Likes

I forget things, but you know what I do? I write them down, put them in my phone, etc. Since I know they are important. It’s that easy to be on top of things. If I were prone to forgetting important things like my partners birthday or our anniversary, I would make sure I remembered in some way. A lot of people like to not have to manage their own birthdays or anniversaries all the time and it shouldn’t be on you to remind your partner of important dates.

7 Likes

Me and my husband tend to forget our anniversary because so busy with work and kids. But we both make it up our day and apologize but we both always know we are glad to be together and be married is all matters. Birthdays as adult we both sometimes forget or make up later in the week. Kids birthdays we do remember their and we do on weekend their special weekend birthday to celebrate to enjoy.

1 Like

Wow. I’m lucky I guess as my husband remembers our anniversary, my bday as well as all 4 kids’ bdays. I’d be upset if he didn’t honestly. Although he did clarify the exact date of our anniversary earlier this week & he was right. He told me he was worried he was off by a few days. :joy:

5 Likes

It’s okay if he forgot
You should remind him closer to the time.
My husband came to me last week and said “oh it’s our anniversary today” meanwhile it was actually in May. We had a good laugh about it and went to bed.
Don’t let these small things break your marriage.

1 Like

Don’t they all? My husband doesn’t remember my birthday, the kids birthdays or his own! I write everything on the calendar and remind him daily when an event gets closer. I don’t even expect a gift on our anniversary and I don’t get him one. We usually go out to dinner. That wouldn’t even happen if I wasn’t planning it! :rofl: I don’t understand why woman get upset over this :thinking:

4 Likes

My husband takes meds that memory loss is a side effect but he has never forgotten our anniversary and my birthday is the day before his brothers and a month after his

Mine doesn’t forget birthdays or anniversaries.
Makes it a point to at least do a dinner or a small gift, even though it’s not his comfort level…he makes an effort because he knows it’s important to me.

Had he forgotten others?

If not, I’d be pissed.

3 Likes

Honey he’s a man… took my ex husband 6 years to remember my bday!!! And at the end of our marriage, 8 years, he didn’t remember our anniversary!

2 Likes

You are definitely overreacting. Chill out. And appreciate what you have. Don’t be mad because everyone didn’t remember you anniversary. Some people don’t care about the date of the marriage, it’s the actual marriage that they care about.

3 Likes

All of you saying it doesn’t matter clearly don’t care. My husband and I both value are relationship and know and acknowledge when it all became significant and I refuse to believe that any true relationship doesn’t feel the same. my husband and our life together is the single, most important thing to me in this world and vise versa. Without it, we could not have a valuable relationship or family. Just my personal opinion… :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Text him, “our anniversary dinner is ready don’t want it to get cold !” I bet he races home and apologizes!

3 Likes

If you want a good anniversary you will need to remind him and tell him what you expect as well. You already said he isn’t the type to go all out so this is on you. Say what you expect or get nothing, guys can’t read your mind. Most won’t get a hint so be up front about it.

My impression is that anniversaries just don’t register with a lot of men. They got married, it was over, and why do you need to bring it up every year? Seems to be the attitude of most men.

My husband didn’t say anything to me for our 23 year anniversary being together. I got upset and he left.

I used to get mad at my husband for forgetting but learned to let it go as men forget everything this man even forgets his own birthday but it works in my favor as he feels bad for forgetting and i get to buy myself whatever it is i want for my gift lol

3 Likes

Wish him a happy anniversary and see if he remembers

2 Likes

No. Men forget. A simple reminder will save u from getting feelings hurt. Plan something nice for yall or remind him n ask him to.

1 Like

It’s sad seeing the “he’s a man” excuse. No, if he knows how much it means to you than he should try to remember. Our phones have calendars on them. We can set reminders and alerts. Men are far more capable of emotional love, remembering the little things and showing care and affection. We just make a million excuses for them so they don’t feel that they should.

12 Likes

We can be idiots. Spell it out for him, he will appreciate it and you will both be happier lol

3 Likes

Now forgetting my birthday is one thing anniversary is another but if remembers the next day I won’t complain to much

I don’t even remember when my bf asked me to be his gf lol :sweat_smile::laughing:

The women who are making excuses for men being like this is because their man does it so…… they think it’s normal lol

4 Likes

I forget everything even birthdays :person_shrugging: my husband’s reminds me a few times a few prior to it lol

2 Likes

Shoot him a text. Anniversary sex before bed??? Bet he comes running and maybe even cooks breakfast in morning

Sooo, did he remember the first 2…? If not people will treat you how you let them, you knew , or should of known what kind of man he was when you married him…if sentimentality is what you wanted, that’s what you should of married.

He better never forget the day he said I do or else he gonna hear about it all day long nd imma smack him with a bologna sand-witch

2 Likes

I forgot my own birthday before :person_shrugging:t3: some people just aren’t into holiday’s, birthday’s, anything you have to remember a date for, etc. I barely know what day of the week it is let alone the actual date. If it’s important to you remind him. Yea, it’s your anniversary so he SHOULD remember but some people just aren’t built like that. I would plan something for tomorrow and make a “joke” about him forgetting. Maybe tease him about it. If he’s actually sorry then you’re good. If he acts like a jerk then he might just be a jerk

1 Like

Yes, you’re overreacting.

Just remind him.

People are so ridiculous about anniversaries, birthdays, etc.

Childish, in my opinion.

Remind the man. And say Happy Anniversary or Birthday or whatever in the morning…so he has time to run out for some flowers and a card.

Problem solved.

No because I always remember ours the day after :woman_facepalming::joy::joy::joy:

Why do everyone keep blaming it on him just being a man? The last man I dated NEVER FORGOT it was our anniversary or even my birthday. He went all out for both.
If he cared he would save it on his phone or even a calendar. I mean it’s pretty hard to forget a special day that you’ve been celebrating for two years.
I suggest texting him happy anniversary! Or even just communicating that you’re upset he didn’t say anything.

1 Like

Never got anniversary bday valentines day or Christmas etc

1 Like

When did you wish him happy anniversary? You went the entire day and evening not saying anything about it being your anniversary, some responsibility lies with you as well.

No. Anniversaries are not a big deal to me. However if he forgot my birthday I’d be upset.

Eh. I forgot my own anniversary this year and hubs remembered. Sometimes life just happens. I remember “quizzing “ him when we were younger and he couldn’t remember. And then I found a paper in his wallet with dates on it. I was so offended I threw it in the ocean. I laugh about it now. Man was I juvenile. He TRIED to remember when dates aren’t his thing. He STILL does not remember his mom, dad, or stepmoms bdays. We’ve been married 14 years and he got our anniversary and I didn’t. Whoops. What an asshole I am. I forget and say “whoops” but if it were him there would be hell to pay early on in our marriage. Don’t leave it a guessing game. Is not just YOUR anniversary. It’s his too. Talk about it before it happens and plan something together. It’s both of your day.

2 Likes

Um I forget things a lot including dates. My husband has had to remind me of our anniversary before so no.

That sucks. Do you talk about upcoming anniversary’s or other events and about what to do? It might help to talk with him about what both of you feel is appropriate and expected for acknowledgment and celebration. Maybe he was just being absent minded

I forget myself so no judgment from me. Life can get overwhelming and sometimes people just get caught up and they forget things…and that should be okay.

1 Like

Remind him. It’s that simple. There’s no reason to get upset. It’s been proven that 9 out of 10 men don’t remember important dates and even names. So just remind him next time. It’s said that their testosterone is to blame for it.

2 Likes

Leave the meal out on the table with a card saying happy anniversary so he sees it, go to bed and make him feel like shit for forgetting

He’s probably wondering why you haven’t told him “Happy Anniversary” too.
It goes both ways. :grin:

U could have said it first that’s a reminder some people forget days i mean maybe he didn’t think it was the day of your anniversary I mean I can’t even think of what day of the week it is half the time I know our anniversary day but I get the day it is confused all the time like it’s the 25th but in my mind it’s only the 23rd if that makes sense

Send a google invite for dinner. Men don’t think of these things.

Anniversaries mean a lot to me , yes I would be upset!

The calendar on your phone has a feature to add an event, such as a doctor’s appointment, payday, or your WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! If he knows that’s important to you, there is no reason why he can’t add it to his calendar as a recurring event where he’s reminded one and two days in advance, as well as the day of. There’s literally no excuse for him to forget it with today’s technology.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think dates are as important to most men as they are to most women. Their brains and ours don’t work the same way.

My partner is the most forgetful person. I ask him a few weeks prior if he’d like to do anything on the day or wants anything in particular. It’s a subtle reminder for him.
Legit mens brains are wired different, they need reminding… for everything :joy:

No, I forget it most of the time… who cares about that? We are awesome together and that’s what matters…

It would hurt my feelings. He is usually the one who remembers and I forget. He just simply reminds me. Thank goodness he doesn’t get upset.

Does he know? I usually tell my people upfront when there’s an event and also give them instructions for what I would like

My anniversary and birthday are like 5 days apart an neither one was mentioned Do them the same the same way
That’s how that works lol

Remembering your anniversary or birthday etc is bare minimum if my husband cared so little it would bother me too

1 Like

Seriously…there’s calendars and now in phones even reminders and alarms for the guys to help their testosterone brains out. They know when sports are on and never forget, when fishing and hunting season begins…and don’t forget…so women’s birthdays and the couples anniversaries should be important enough to be programed if they can’t remember and not just shrugged off as unimportant. I’m not going to remember (on purpose) if he can’t. I’ll just go treat myself. Then if they get butthurt I’d say well you didn’t make me a priority so I made myself a priority. Then see what happens…they try harder or show you they aren’t worth it. Just saying.:roll_eyes::unamused::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Don’t give him the chance to forget. Have that conversation in advanced. “Hey, let’s have a nice dinner and alone time this weekend for our anniversary”. Women who don’t communicate and expect their significant other to go above and beyond blindly…. Are a special breed.

Mine forgot our 4 year. Didn’t even say Happy Anniversary until I said something at like 8 at night.

Expectations should have been discussed before today tbh. I mean- now that you caught him forgetting it- you kinda scr*wed yourself.

Having our anniversary on the 29th December, a few days after Christmas and before New Year, makes it hard for either of us to remember it! Sometimes it could take almost all day, until either he or I remember!

Everyone’s letting him off the hook because “he’s a man”… like just because someone has a penis it makes them useless and incapable of simple things like remembering an anniversary (birthday, appointment etc)…
Is he a giant child incapable of using a calender? You know, if you take 30 seconds to put something into your phone, it will literally remind you! C’mon.
Do you have to feed your husband’s and wipe their asses too???

Yes I would be mad. And you should expect more from your partners. All of you.

I couldn’t be upset because I’m usually the one that forgets not him.

1 Like

Some of y’all have truly settled for less and it shows in these comments :woozy_face: it’s really sad to see how many people in this thread are willing to settle for less.

Listen me and my husband both thought each other forgot our anniversary bc we didn’t say or txt each other. So we were both being petty with each other lol I disnt say nothing and he didn’t. He was gonna come home with flowers and everything and I was just gonna chill like it was a normal day till later in the night when I was going to mention it. Qe both remembered but thought we forgot and laughed about it for a while. Bc we both were being petty bc qe thought each other forgot hahah

People remember things that are important. I mean, I always made sure holidays were covered for my dad to keep him outta the dog house butttttt, if he knows it’s important to you he can set a reminder in his phone.

Would definitely be upset if my hubby didn’t remember ours but men aren’t great with dates etc remind him a few days before it

mine can barely remember his birthday lmfaooo. ain’t even gon rag him on the kids birthdays or our anniversary.

Yes , you are a little bit overreacting, why you have to wait until he say something, I mean you could have told him “ happy anniversary “ instead of expecting him to do it .
Women care more for that stuff than a man , but in my opinion that doesn’t determine how much he loves and care for you .
Never , ever do anything for someone expecting anything in return because you will be very disappointed

After 38 years my mom still has to text my stepdad to remind him to call my sister on her birthday :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I always forget my wedding anniversary! It’s not a big deal to me

If its so important to you, you plan something.

No. It’s just another day to us really. I could careless if he forgot any important date except the kids birthdays.

I would if he didn’t remember after I reminded him several times. Also I drop hints at what I want lol

Mine forgets everything…

1 Like

Not a big deal. We are married 36 years next week and I doubt either of us will remember it on the day

Did you say Happy Anniversary to him?

Why haven’t you said happy anniversary to him? Maybe he’s thinking the same about you lol.

Luckily for me I married my husband the day we got back together after a 3yr split (cause I was dumb, not him haha) so that date is pretty ingrained in his memory. And he’ll never forget my birthday as it’s 3 days after his and we usually do something together to celebrate them. Women remember more than men do. It’s just how it is. I wouldn’t let it bother me…if it was my birthday I’d be more upset.

This may sound like I’m gaslighting but I’m not.

Have you said happy anniversary to him? Is it perhaps that he thought you forgot also? Or maybe because you didn’t say something (which I’m not saying you should have to take lead all the time) he thought he had the date wrong? Was the dinner planned that he’d know to be home for it? I feel like there’s a little context missing here.

3 Likes

Your not his priority sad

Why is the bar for men literally in the floor?!?

1 Like

No, you are valid to feel a little hurt. With cell phones and technology always at your fingertips, which can help anyone organize appointments and all important dates, you can definitely be annoyed.
As adults, the weaponized incompetence is exhausting—if you tend to be a forgetful person, set a calendar reminder. Bet he remembers to watch his favorite sports teams, play his favorite games, get to work on time, knows when he can go hunt/fish, and, obviously, he remembered to visit his brother that night. As his wife, you should be able to feel a least a little special with a simple “happy anniversary” coming from him on that day every year. :blue_heart:

Well unlike everyone else, I’d be upset! Especially since it’s not the first time he’s making no effort to remember an important date. If that man loves you, even if it’s not a big deal to him, he will remember to make it
special for you. I would have a talk with him about it. Definitely do NOT “get used to it” or take “it’s a man thing”:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

We both forgot one year lol, now I mark it on the calendar. We have a life, we are busy and people forget things. I don’t think it’s a big deal. At least in doesn’t forget my birthday.

I’d be upset, but he’s the kind of man who always remembers and goes all out on special occasions. He really goes all out year round. I think everyone deserves that.

My ex husband rarely remembered
He even went away over our anniversary weekend
Note the ex husband here
X

Maybe he’s just not that into “date remembering?” I’m almost 40 and still remember childhood friends bdays and phone numbers, but some people are just oblivious to the day/time in any day. Plus he’s a dude, my guy wouldn’t remember his head if it wasn’t attached.

Mine don’t remember my birthday… our anniversary… nothing… I’m lucky to get a happy birthday… I don’t ever get anything for them… or Christmas…

I have even forgotten our Anniversary :woman_shrugging:
Just send him a text or give him a card!

My husband rembered but he sucks at romantic stuff and I forget all the dates even my own birthday but I’m the better planner so we don’t any pressure on either of us to get it “right”. We typically get bored every couple months and go on dates or get eachother random little gifts often so there’s no pressure to have a big fancy anniversary. Usually my mom texts me the day of our anniversary and then I’m like “oh it’s our anniversary,should we go out?” And he’s says yes or" I don’t really feel like it u want to order pizza and watch TV?’ and we do that. If u have special moments all the time anniversary isn’t a huge deal

Possibly, but it won’t do any good. Ask me how I know!