Would you be mad if your spouse brought a dog home?

Yes I would sell the dog without even asking him

Iā€™d probably be the one doing this :joy:. Pets IMO are easier than kids and they listen better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. All jokes aside though just explain the feelings and maybe negotiate and ask for more help with the pet he brought home because you already have a lot on your plate. . .

2 Likes

Absolutely. Itā€™s a household decision. Dogs are for life. Not just today.

4 Likes

I would get rid of the new dog AND the old dog.

Show some attention to the pup u will be amazed how well protective he/she will be

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be mad about the dog persay, just the fact something big wasnā€™t discussed or even mentioned prior. But I wouldnā€™t make him bring the dog back or anything either

2 Likes

What if the dog didnā€™t like kids???

First world problems :joy::rofl:

Omg I would love to have a new dog! I have 3, 10 more wouldnā€™t hurt.

1 Like

Omg I would love to have a new dog! I have 3, 10 more wouldnā€™t hurt.

Yes. A new addition to the family is a big commitment that should be decided on by both people. Especially if you will be the main person caring for the animal.

1 Like

I feel like youā€™re blowing this out of proportion a little bit. Yes not talking about getting an animal is kind of a shitty situation, but I wouldnā€™t be mad about it.
Try to think of the positives.
Having a animal is a huge learning curve for children. You can teach them how to be gentle with a animal, how to feed them, how to play with them safety, take them on walks, etc.

And eventually youā€™ll most likely learn to love the animal as your own child.

Iā€™d say give it time so you can adjust. And possibly talk to your partner about talking to you first before taking such a big leap.

But I would never return, abuse, or get rid of that animal. Your partner obviously saw something positive in the situation, so maybe you could try seeing the positive as well.

Iā€™m one of those people who wants to take in every stray animal, or childā€¦ I may get overwhelmed occasionally but the more i have to do and the faster I need to move the happier I am. Right now I only have 2 babies and no pets because we live in an upstairs apartment, I will say Iā€™m grateful for just having the 2 boys under 2 right now since we are all sick, donā€™t think I could teach and take out a new pet right nowā€¦ you do have every right to be upsetā€¦ he should have asked you, or he should be able to take FULL responsibility for the animal otherwise instead of just dumping it off on you along with the 4 kids :pleading_face::blue_heart:

4 Likes

we all have opinions. me personally I wouldnā€™t be. I love dogs they are amazing. however I am not you. I had 4 kids and 3 dogs. some days were exhausting but others were amazing

Did you ask the dog, if he likes u???. With 4 kids he or she sure can be a big helpā€¦ What kind of dog is it. Due you stop and the dog didnā€™t ask for you.

I have four kids and husband has brought home animals. We both work together caring for them. Not to mention itā€™s a great way to show children responsibility and empathy.
Our kids walk around with animals on pillows, clean them, play with them, and feed them.

GROW UP!

My family has rescued a total of 13 dogs, I fostered 4 kids on top of my 2 & now I have 3 grandsons that I help with while taking care of 3 senior dogs, one with cancerā€¦ & Remodeling a whole house.

Pull your panties out of a bunch & provide the dog a good home with lots of love. It may end up saving you or your kids lives one day :wink:

4 Likes

l get pald 0ver $ 130 per h0ur w0rklng fr0m h0me. l never th0ught lā€™d be able t0 d0 lt but my buddy makes 0ver $ 17176 a m0nth d0lng thls and she c0nvlnced me t0 try. The p0sslblllty wlth thls ls endless.

For Details >>>> https://superlative-cajeta-0656e6.netlify.app/

Wait until your kids grow up and bring them home. I did it to my parents and then my kids did it to me but i love them all

2 Likes

Its not the dogs fault. Id love and care for it ā€¦but hubby would suffer for a long time lol

2 Likes

Eh dog needs a home and some luv.mine brought home a baby kitten without meā€¦ so few years later after first canā€™t went missing I brought home 2 more :woozy_face::woozy_face: our fam is complete :joy:

No Iā€™d be excited lol

Ugh Itā€™s. All. About. Them.! You. need. to. Tell. Him. Look. Thanks for the. extra.work. if. You. Want. The. Mutt ,. Then. Your. In. Charge

1 Like

Yes my ex husband did this to me. I gave the dog away while he was at work.

5 Likes

Oh been there done that. She was a ā€œgiftā€ for me. I was pissed it caused so many issues (we have 3 kids as well) now sheā€™s my best friend & I canā€™t imagine life without her, she goes every where with me. But when she was a puppy I was ready to re home her multiple times. It caused many major arguments.

I guess it depends on why? Was the dog in danger? Was the dog homeless or starving? Then no i wouldnt. If he bought it from the pet store and brought it home than yes

1 Like

Last month i have got paid $17532 by working online from home. I have joined this online home based job 3 months ago and in my very first month i have easily made $16854. Join this today by follow instructions on this webpage.

::;;::>> https://capable-madeleine-19b528.netlify.app/

Hopefully your husband is a good man and knew what he was doing by bringing his family a bundle of joy or even the chance to do something for another living creature. This could be a joy for your children. Most kids would love to have a dog.

3 Likes

We currently have 4, so Iā€™d be a little annoyed, but would figure he had a good reason.

Every day i am maklng more than $ 500. l never th0ught lā€™d be able t0 d0 lt but my buddy makes 0ver $ 16107 a m0nth d0lng thls and she c0nvlnced me t0 try. The p0sslblllty wlth thls ls endless.

For Details >>>> https://grand-clafoutis-45085c.netlify.app/

Wow poor puppy a dog is a blessing if you canā€™t see that idk what to tell you !!!

1 Like

l am now maklng over $ 16852 every month so far by dolng work from home. l have jolned thls regular job 3 months ago and ln 3 months l have made more than 45,000 dollars easlly. Any Age person can joln thls and start thls rlght now.

For Details >>>> https://cheerful-jelly-5b9bea.netlify.app/

If it was an older dog from the shelter, no.

If it was bought from the pet store then yes! But he would go to shelter first, just like me lol

i would be so happy if my husband brought a puppy home i keep asking him too lol

Not really. Dogs are good for kids

1 Like

Nopeā€¦ we have 5 dogs because my husband did that twice. Once with a full grown pitty and the second time he came walking out of the gas station with a little baby :dog2:

Yes, I would. We donā€™t have the space for another dog or a life that is conducive to caring for one properly - ie, getting it the right amount of exercise, attention, affection, etc. and Iā€™d be annoyed he didnā€™t speak to me about it first. I adore animals, but that isnā€™t enough for one to be cared for probablyā€¦it has to be a good situation for the dog too.

Bring all the doggos!!!

We have 4 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, a water dragon, a bearded dragon, 2 green anoles, 2 African side neck turtles, 3 tree frogs, a hamster, several dozen fish, snails, lobstersā€¦ I doubt I would even notice if my husband brought another dog into this zooā€¦

In all seriousness though, it is something that he should have talked to you about first, since youā€™ll share responsibility for the dog. Me personally though, I wouldnā€™t care! My husband can bring all the dogs home!

2 Likes

Me personally noā€¦means he found the poor thing as heā€™s a trucker. If we couldnā€™t keep then Iā€™d rehome. I actually live in an area that horrible monsters dump dogs at and have found homes for a couple of dogs. So I can understand being annoyed though. I once almost got a kitten that way, but one of the other guys said his wife wanted it. 2 of my animals are rescue/rehome pets.

4 kids are a lot of work! How old are they? Teach the kids to help care for the dog also.

No lol I have 5 dogs so I would be the one to bring it home before him.

1 Like

hire someone to help with your housework then if he says anything remind him of the dog he suprised you with

Absolutely not- actually Iā€™d be the one to bring it home and we have 3 kids, 3 dogs, 2 cats 2 lizards and a gueanie pigā€‹:rofl::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Please remember to spay or neuter your husbands. Really, itā€™s the key to keeping the pet population down. :scissors:

5 Likes

Iā€™d be in awe if my husband did that for me! We have 5 dogs and a cat, I want another dog.

Ummm goodness know, only problem I would have is if he didnā€™t have a meet and greet with our dog now. He is a love bug and loves all dogs ,but if the new dog didnā€™t love him. And raising dogs with kids is the best

Iā€™d tell him to leave and take the dog with him. Iā€™ve done stated multiple times I DO NOT WANT ANY ANIMAL. So yeah thatā€™s what I would tell mine. Im an animal lover but im not taking care of children and animals too. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I have four kids, 5 cats, a dog and a rabbit because I apparently hate free time and peace.

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™d be pretty pissed. Feels like a family decision to me

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t necessarily be mad. I would want to know what made him think that bringing the dog home was a good idea? Have the kids been asking for a pet? Was there a concern for the dogā€™s welfare in its previous home? When I was a teen we had two dogs. One afternoon my step-dad surprised us with a super tiny fluff-ball of a puppy. It turned out that while he was working on a construction job, he heard this puppy crying. Upon inspection, he found the dog in the tub of the bathroom. Poor thing had never been groomed. Her hair was tangled and matted. The woman who owned her couldnā€™t care less. He offered her $50 and she gladly took it. We got her groomed and she lived with us for almost 14 years before she passed.
You didnā€™t mention the ages of the kids. The oldest ones should be enlisted to help care for the new dog. Your husband needs to also understand that HE is expected to help care for this new family member.

1 Like

i am earning every single day more than 500 Dollars from home by work online. Yesterday i got my 4th payment of prevlous month of $16540. i was surprised when one of my close frlend told me she was making $16735 per month but now i see how it works.

info Here >>> https://chic-sable-120804.netlify.app/

1 Like

Yall need to quit acting like heā€™s bringing home roses or some shit. ā€œIā€™d be amazedā€ or ā€œid be so happyā€ man shes got 4 kids! The budgeting has to be there, the space, the time and energy, this is bringing in a whole other mouth, heart and body into your home. It should be discussed

I feel like your feeling are justified. Itā€™s alot of work that you werenā€™t planning on especially if you happen to be a sahm and he works outside of the home. He should have talked to you first.

I wudnt be impressed tbh

Haha my husband would have divorced me by now haha I bring home lots of animals lol if I had to wait for him to say yes then we would never have one

My husband did the same thing. I have three kids and am also the one who takes care of the dogs.
I was upset at first but in the end shes the best dog and she only follows me around.

You should be glad youā€™re not married to a veterinarian. The last 25 years mine has taken on a myriad of cats and dogs that were brought in to be euthanized or owners were unable to care for. Probably at least 20 and the teenage daughter added a couple of more. They require time and attention, but the love they bring to a home is immeasurable. Our last, a little beagle mixed girl is my favorite of all time and I love her dearly. If you can accept the dog and use it as a responsibility teaching moment, everyone wins.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love it ! I have 9 kids, 4 dogs, 3 hamsters and a tank full of fish :woman_shrugging:t3: my dogs are like my kiddos except they donā€™t talk back :rofl:

hi, i would be your husband. Its a dog, its a pet. Yeah be irritated for a bit and just ask next time its a discussion. Beyond that, eh youā€™ll be fine. My husband doesnt necc want all the animals- but we have 3 dogs, 2 cats, fish, 3 guinea pigsā€¦ He said to me I dont care, I know you love them and want them so we have them.

I think itā€™s a decision that should be made between the two of you butā€¦how old are your kids? Give them some responsibility to help take care of the dog.

my husband did just thatā€“the dog was old, long matted fur, couldnā€™t see because of the hair in his eyesā€“well and all kinds of health issuesā€“my husband said ā€œI couldnā€™t leave the poor guy there.ā€ He ended up being the most wonderful dog.

1 Like

OMG what a horrible man! He brought home a dog for his kids. Which they have probably been begging for since Mom the Grinch wonā€™t get it for them :woman_shrugging::joy:

4 Likes

Iā€™d be irritated but then Iā€™d start teaching the kids about responsibility. Make a chart for feeding, walking, brushing, etc. Even 2yr olds can fill a dog dish. Take them to the vet appts and let them ask questions and listen to the Veterinarianā€™s advice.

1 Like

I was furious when my ex did that to me. The first year we were married he gave me a puppy for Christmas, already knowing that I didnā€™t like dogs. He thought heā€™d change my mind. We lived in an apartment and both or us worked full time. I came home a few times to several items being chewed up, and poop in every room. After a few weeks the dog caught distemper and died. A sad ending, but problem solved.

The same way he brought the dog home is the same way you get rid of it. 2 can play that game.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would be shocked cause normally Iā€™m the one thatā€™d bring a dog himšŸ˜‚ but on a serious note, Iā€™ve been there. Heā€™s gotten a rabbit for my kids before without talking it over with me, and just recently bought 12 chicks. Knowing Iā€™m gonna be the one to take care of them all after the newness and cuteness gets old for me kids

1 Like

As long as itā€™s not one that slobbers everywhere I would be ok with it .

Nope cause Iā€™m normally the one that brings them home lol

It should have been a family decision. He made it about himself alone. Heā€™s selfish. Yeah Iā€™d be pissed. Is it a deal breaker, NO of course not. I would get over it. But I would use it us a teaching moment for everyone in the family. I would end up loving the dog after a while.

Yes. Iā€™ve already told him that if he brings a pet (especially a dog) into the house without talking to me first then it will be gone as fast as i can get rid of it.

1 Like

Yes it happened to me . She was a beautiful St. Bernard called Pepper and luckily my 3 girls were old enough to help take care of her. Sadly she was hit by a car and killed 3 years later.

2 Likes

I would be pissed if the responsibility of the dog solely fell on my shoulders on top of everything else. However if he plans to train and take care of the dog without adding more to your plateā€¦ Iā€™d be slightly less frustrated.

5 Likes

Yep he should have talked to you but at the same time ā€¦love the dog he/she may just become your new best friend !!

Eh be kind,itā€™s not the dogs fault, be mad at him all u want but not the dog , it just wants live an a family. Good luck

2 Likes

No because I brought George home when we were just ā€œlookingā€ :rofl:. Heā€™s a Saint Dane so heā€™s going to be huge

4 Likes

The amount of things Iā€™ve brought home have resulted in my husband sending texts that say ā€œ can you just make sure the horse isnā€™t in the kitchen when I get homeā€

Make peace with the dog.

6 Likes

I Get Paid over $ 140 per hour working from home. I never thought lā€™d be able to do it but my mate makes over $ 20927 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Infoā€¦ https://tranquil-fudge-8989b7.netlify.app/

Iā€™m never mad when a new dog gets brought home lol I love them. But yea if it bothers you then he really should have talked to you about it first.

I Get Paid over $ 140 per hour working from home. I never thought lā€™d be able to do it but my mate makes over $ 20894 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Infoā€¦ https://jocular-brigadeiros-9686bf.netlify.app/

Yes. Iā€™m not a big dog person as is and if the responsibility fell on me to care for it, Iā€™d be furious. Kids plus a dog is a lot and depending on the ages of the kids they wonā€™t be able to care for it

1 Like

Absolutely not! My husband can bring home all the dogs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Nope. Dogs are good for kids. But Iā€™m an animal lover so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Also, provided the dog has gotten comfortable with the kids, have the kids take on responsibility. Oldest cleans up poop, one keeps on the water, one feeds, one brushes etc

Iā€™d say four kids are estatic.

Dogs are great for kids

1 Like

Yes, doesnā€™t matter if they are good for kids. Whoā€™s the one taking care of and cleaning after the dog is.

I did that one time with a cat :joy: so I have to say no.

But on a side note, itā€™s ok for you to have boundaries to say that you will help care for the dog only when he absolutely cannot be there to take care of it.

I hope my man just brings a dog home :rofl: I have 4 already but I love animals so I wouldnā€™t be mad :sweat_smile: . But if you are not an animal person then maybe Iā€™d be a little upset but im sure your kids will enjoy the new dog.

Mine brought him home after I had our 5th kid. We have 3 cats too

5 Likes

We have 7 dogs, 5 cats, 7 cows, chickens, ducks, and soon two goats. We are equal contributors. Whatā€™s one more? A labor of love!

2 Likes

I might get mad but I would get over it. I love animals. They are great companions for you and the little ones.

3 Likes

Nope not at all a dog is good for child development and teaches unconditional love. It also teaches responsibility my four year has 1 cat and 2 dogs we got the automatic free feeders and every two weeks he fills them up. Water boy is filled outside by him. And the poop gets picked up by me when my kid plays outside. So yeah works. ļæ¼

I would be thrilled because i would do the same thing !

No because he wouldnā€™t be mad if I brought an animal home either.

3 Likes

Heck noā€¦ I bring home random animals all the time . Get it vet checked. Spayed or neutered and love it. I donā€™t ask permission to do something in my own home.

4 Likes

Never. Bring all the dogs home. They make life so much happier. Please embrace it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guilty of this a couple times over :joy: so Iā€™m gonna say no.

1 Like

Yes ,i have been furious because my s/o brought a dog home without talking to me first,i do love animals as well,but to bring an animal home and expect me to be the only one taking care of it when im taking care of everything else plus the kids with not an ounce of help from him,yes i was furious and made him take it back were he got it from,i now have 2 dogs,the boston terrior which he is mine and i take care of him,and my son has a german shepherd which he takes care of ,i help him ,but my son is 13 now and able to take care of him

He can take it to work with him every day and care for it. You didnā€™t sign up for that.

4 Likes