Would you be offended if your husband went to his moms for dinner?

Almost every question I see on here could be solved by one simple thing… COMMUNICATION! First, tell him how it makes you feel but understand that he still needs that time with his mom too. Come to an agreement. Once a week he goes there for dinner alone, and once a week you both go. Take this as an opportunity to spend more time with your mother in law. Secondly, ask him what sounds good for dinner and build your grocery list around that. Then, humble yourself and ask his mom for some of her records that she knows her son loves.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t cook for his ass anymore. Simple as that. If you can’t be respectful towards your spouse then you shouldn’t have a spouse.

I wish my husband would do this :joy::woman_shrugging:t2: but seriously it is a little weird

1 Like

I say i guess more power to him, less money out your pocket, and her cooking ant going to be there forever. Party on Wayne. Stop n get me too, we going to this b;+(♧ together. Ohh n call his mom b4hand n give her a heads up y’all having dinner together, i guess u could meet him there. Now say grace lol. Girl don’t sweat it, like said it won’t be there forever, he’s gunna have to eat your cooking one day. Or get a nother job for take out🤷‍♀️

If all trading platform are perfect as Mrs Elizabeth James, the world would have been a better place for all, I just got my first profit successful from Mrs Elizabeth James company platform and I want to encourage others to develop the habit of investment because it pays a lot, online investment has been my major source of income especially since the day of stay home period, if you are interested contact her
:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

My petty ass would not cook for him anymore and tell him he can eat there every night since he seems to do that already anyway lol.

I’d go over or call and ask for some recipes. When he calls and asks what’s for dinner and you say whatever recipe you got from his mom, he might be surprised. Be grateful that he has a relationship with his mom, parents don’t last forever. You are not his mom’s enemy.

2 Likes

When he asked what’s for dinner tell him to call him mom and ask

7 Likes

Why are you cooking for him? He’s a big boy and can fend for himself.

Seriously !? Girl start making your own dinner plans. Let his mom have him and you do you.

6 Likes

Offended? Hell nah….
Once a momma’s boy, always a momma’s boy. From now on when he calls just say you’re having wine for supper, he can go to his moms.

10 Likes

Learn to cook, it isn’t that hard.
I do 90%+ of the cooking and there was a small learning curve of what seasonings my wife doesn’t like

One less person u have to cook for. But if you want him home maybe get him to help you cook? He might appreciate it more if he has to contribute.

1 Like

He would be eating over there every night :woman_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

Yes, just ask her if you and kids can come too.

10 Likes

When he ask you for other things, tell him to call his mom. That’s call disrespectful. He’s been ungrateful, he need to stop sucking on his moms titties :joy:. But seriously, not 3 times a week. At least once in a while. Or don’t cook anything for him.

I wouldn’t cook for him anymore. Make yourself just enough. Momma’s boy can go to her house.

6 Likes

I’d stop cooking and eat at mom’s with him! I hate to cook! Think of the time and money you’d save!!

8 Likes

Save yourself time… stop cooking… let her take care of her spoiled brat baby…

5 Likes

You only get one mom’s and his her boy know it your husband but momma cooking will always be better then the wife

1 Like

First off is he of European decent ? secondly I’d not be cooking at all if this was the case, and thirdly I’d be inviting myself over :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 17016 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid314.pages.dev/

Soooooo, what are some of the dinners that you are cooking?

1 Like

I would say I already ate so go to your moms for dinner and just relax instead of stressing over dinner.

9 Likes

If you have a good relationship with his mom, go watch her cook and learn from her so you can cook like he likes from time to time and surprise him​:heart::heart:

2 Likes

No girl! Start cooking things he likes.

2 Likes

One day he won’t have his mother to cook him meals… let him enjoy them while they last… Cause I can tell you I wish I still had my mother to cook me a meal 3 times a week…

8 Likes

Me t time he calls and says what’s for dinner tell him you don’t know what mom is cooking! Just quit cooking!! Saves on the grocery bill

5 Likes

Ask him what HE wants for dinner

1 Like

Why don’t you invite yourself as well if with kids then you all go have dinner with your mother in law… Teach that husband of yours, not eating the food you prepared.

I wish my husband would go to his mothers house for dinner 3 days a week.

14 Likes

Why are you making things you know he will not like?

2 Likes

Feed him better then.

7 Likes

I mean if it means you spend less on groceries… Prices and going down anytime soon baby girl

1 Like

that’s wrong he sounds like a jerk

4 Likes

Me and my dad use to go to his moms (my grandmas) house a few times a week to eat dinner. She was a great cook. She recently passed and I’d sell a damn kidney to eat her food again :pleading_face:

Maybe he doesn’t like your cooking and is trying to be nice about it

1 Like

And the mother’s wrong too she should invite you to and you need to tell him to stop it

4 Likes

I wouldn’t cook a damn thing. This is not Wendy’s. This behavior is disgusting. He sounds immature

If he’s not gonna eat what’s made then :woman_shrugging:t2: stop making enough for him and make only enough for you (and whoever) and when he asks just tell him his mommy gots his plate :joy: he’s acting like a child “I don’t like what my wife’s been making me and I won’t tell her anything about her cooking so I’ll just ignore her cooking and go to mommy’s house” also the mother might be bad mouthing you behind your back since he’s there so often for food. Some boy moms are like that

11 Likes

That seems strange my man wouldn’t do that he’d feel bad lol but I’d be glad to not make full dinners so much​:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I think this is a conversation moment. But honestly depending on how old the parents are it’s good that he goes there often. Life is short. But you and the kids should be going to sometimes.

2 Likes

Coming from someone whose whole family expects them to cook every damn night, something different, and appetizing……COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

I mean…I’m no cook but I don’t like most of the stuff I make for our family for dinner either lol. Pasta irritates my stomach and stuff so on certain nights I eat something else too. Just talk with him. Come up with a weekly menu of what you both like. It’s not your cooking. He’s just used to a certain type of food and maybe prefers it. Plus if she’s right there, the convenience is probably not helping lol

2 Likes

Yes ! That’s just very rude to you.

Pick and choose your battles, this is not one! Let it go! Life is too short to worry about that! Be happy he has that relationship with his mom and hope your son still wants your cooking when he is grown. There are far more complicated things in life to worry about!

5 Likes

Let her cook for him ev’r nite. Lol

Jusss jokin.

I wouldn’t sweat it my ex hubby mom used to get up at 4 to cook breakfast for him. He would go there before work. She can do that.

Don’t sweat the small. Lolol

I look at it like this.

My wifely duty is cut in half. I’d be glad. I’d definitely stopppp cooking so much. He can go to his moms. Tell him to bring enough for u. That’s where the problem would come in. If he doesn’t bring enough for you.

1 Like

If this bothers you talk to him about it, so it doesn’t become a great big deal. My cooking is not always top notch either but my hubby always says he love it even tho I burnt it. variety is great, say hey made a new recipe come try it out please. Depends how much you know him should be easy to make a schedule for meals. Does he eats the left overs? There an app hello fresh that you both could play around together

I would say here the menu for this week lmk when you are eating here at home. I think his parents should invite you also . I would be annoyed maybe he should just cook then

2 Likes

I would welcome this situation any day of the week because I hate to cook!!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t feel bad because my mil cooks amazing :joy:

Ask him what he wants for dinner. If you make something he likes and he still goes over there, then have a conversation.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have married a man like this but maybe you could learn to cook

6 Likes

He sounds like a gigantic toddler and this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

7 Likes

Tell him to move into his moms :wave:

6 Likes

I wish my fiance’s mom lived in the same state…and cooked for him all the time…i hate cooking and my man is a picky eater! Lol…i wouldn’t be offended…i would feel relief!

3 Likes

Let it be no harm. Children young or old enjoy their mama’s food.
I remember no matter what we cooked my husband always took some from his mother daily.
Don’t try to break that bond you may be in that shoe one day.

1 Like

Maybe you should talk to him or ask his mom for a few lessons. It depends on what you want to put in and get out of the marriage. If his mother is older, maybe it’s nice that he gets to see her over dinner a couple nights a week. Maybe get some dinner kits and cook together if you’re bothered by this. How long have you been married? How long has he been doing this? Is this a new thing? Maybe he’s feeling nostalgic and eating at his mom’s makes him feel closer to her?

1 Like

My husband does this. He’s middle eastern side I don’t really cook their country food , nor can I eat rice and soup everyday like him. It used to bother me now I don’t care. See yaaaa

3 Likes

I am this person in our relationship. Although a few things are different… my parents offer to cook 4 nights a week… and our whole family walks 5 houses down to their place. There is no other option. If he doesn’t want to come he can cook for himself or I’ll bring him a plate. I love not having to cook and spending time with my parents. Ask for a plate and stop cooking dinner if you don’t have to. If there are kids involved … bring the kids over to his moms so you all can eat lol. I literally love spending time with my parents and if this was an issue for my husband he wouldn’t win. You only get one set of parents… no one is going to tell me I can’t see them or spend time with them. And if his excuse to do so is dinner… then so be it.

2 Likes

No I’d start going to her house to eat to. What’s for supper you ask husband ifk what’s mom making us?

2 Likes

Maybe he just likes to talk to his mom, dude. :roll_eyes:
Chill.
Since you know he goes over there a few times a week, make those days for yourself. Don’t cook and do something else you like. Pamper yourself. It’s not a big deal.

7 Likes

Give her the other 4 nights

Cook for yourself and let him figure out what he wants.

3 Likes

This isnt a issue. Deff not something to get upset or argue over. Also his mom is probably really enjoying that he is still in her life because as we grow up we usually grow apart from are parents in alot of ways. Let her enjoy it and be happy he is alive and eating. Lol

3 Likes

Nah, boys love their mom! I hope and pray my kids do the same :joy:

4 Likes

Stop cooking enough for two. Make what YOU WANT. Let him go eat there every night.

Who cares. Sounds to me like it’s an easy way to save yourself the trouble of cooking a meal for a man who wants dinner on call but may or may not eat it.
PS- what happens to all that wasted food?

4 Likes

YES! And I would stop buying enough food for him & only cook for myself. I’d probably also throw a fit & tell him he could go live with her buuuuuuut I’m crazy :joy:

2 Likes

I’d let her do his laundry too…:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Yes, that would make me mad. Before cooking, I would call him to let him know what’s for dinner and ask him if he’s coming home or not. Maybe you wouldn’t need to cook. Or, you could call him and ask what he wants for dinner and let him know what you took out of the freezer that morning and see what he wants.

I agree with all the above. I had a relationship that my guy didn’t eat what I cooked he would sometimes go to his sisters or cook eggs , he was a different nationality so it bothered me bc I tried so hard to make it perfect for him . Now that I’m not so young and I’m a completely different relationship married, I let my husband cook a lot and eat what he likes I’m not bothered anymore. I would say let him eat at Moms as much as he likes and join him.

This is an issue because you’re making it one. He’s a grown man. You’re looking for problems. Chill out. He can eat what, when and where he wants. Cook for yourself and your kids and let him figure out what he wants on his own.

Enjoy your time or invite girlfriends in to have a drink and eat.
It seems that you married a mothers’boy. If is not harming anyone, let it be!.. if it’s ruining your relationship then is another situation and you need to have the TALK.
Our mothers can’t live forever, so as long she doesn’t meddle into your situation, then is :+1:.

1 Like

I’d pack it all up for leftovers and head over there too! :yum: a couple days you don’t have to cook! Woohoo

1 Like

He is still tied to mommy’s apron strings. They never change.

Stop cooking for him.

1. Get his input for dinner so that it will be something he wants to eat.

2. Go get cooking lessons from his mom.

2 Likes

Shoot, I would coordinate with her so I didn’t have to cook and clean so much!! Go over there too!! There is nothing that I would love more as a MIL than to have my children over for dinner!!

1 Like

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 18733 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid328.pages.dev/

Girl let his mama feed him one less thing you gotta do, order take out and use that time to pamper yourself.

2 Likes

shoot, I’d meet him
there! I’m tired of figuring out dinner every night, personally

14 Likes

People are on the earth for a finite amount of time…

3 Likes

Let him have dinner with his mom she won’t be around forever

2 Likes

I’d quit cooking dinner… at all… in a quick fashion PERIODT… because honestly, I’m tired of figuring it out 23 years later :joy:

2 Likes

Stop cooking dinner for him.

7 Likes

I wish my man’s mom was down the road to cook dinner some nights and most importantly so he couldnspend time with her! I’d be there with her like…teach me some recipes mom lol. Unfortunately though his mom is in Guatamala and we can’t afford to go visit. He hasn’t been able to go see her in many years and in that time she has lost all of her sisters and his dad has lost his brother. They are much older and we can only pray we can get the money to go visit soon. Let him have this. Maybe make it a family thing if you and mom get along. Plan meals over there some nights and maybe even learn some new recipes or new ways of how to cook things. My mom and I were never close like that, but when my grandmother was alive we were. She and I would trade recipes all the time and find new ones to cook and share. This is not a battle to have with your husband. You know where he is at for one and if you want…join him.

6 Likes

Oh i will quit cooking in a heart beat…go home to mommy…take your clothes while you at it

6 Likes

Say don’t forget my plate or instead of making dinner all of yall head over there

2 Likes

Tell him I don’t know ask your mom and don’t cook for him

5 Likes

When we grocery shop, we have dinners for the week picked up. You’re cooking for two people (more if you have kids). So YES, I would be aggravated. If my husband has plans made to be at his moms a head of time, then that’s fine. I wont cook, But If i’m cooking dinner for us, we’re eating the food I made, he can visit his moms after. It’s a waste of time, waste of money. But also, we go to his parents together for dinners…. Maybe you can talk to your husband about this… have a set night you both (or just him) goes to his moms. That way you know ahead of time and don’t waste time/money cooking.

6 Likes

Maybe she’s a super good cook? I’d go over help make dinner, learn her recipes.

3 Likes

I would just cook what you like and let him eat there… less work for you

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be offended at all. I cook dinner for 8. Someone is obviously not going to want what is cooked. And that is fine. If they don’t eat what I cook they have to figure out what they are eating on their own. Plus it’s his mom. He’s not getting take out or anything like that. Let him have dinner with his mom with being uptight about it.

1 Like

He’d be eating at his Mom’s every night of the week!

5 Likes

I would make sure first of all that he’s going to his mom’s and second of all you probably should have made sure that you didn’t marry a mama’s boy

2 Likes

Maybe instead of getting upset, ask him what he would like for dinner if you know what you’re making, is gonna have him going to his mom’s because he doesn’t like it

He could to his mom’s every night. I don’t “practice” cooking. Learn a few good recipes see if that helps.

Why are you still cooking at this point🤣
I would let him walk in the door and see me eating my own plate.
“Where is mine?”
“At your moms.”

32 Likes

Try asking him what would he like for dinner before he goes to work. Spend time with his mom and find out what his favourites are or ask her to teach you if you don’t know how to make it. Other than that let him spend time with his mom.

1 Like

Mommas boy. I’d tell him why don’t you just move back in with your momma and she can finish raising you up.really if my hubs momma was alive and he went there every day I’d say good,more peace at my house now.

5 Likes