Would you force your son to get rid of his mohawk for a wedding?

Absolutely not… I would completely pull myself and my son from that wedding. That’s insane. He’s 8 years old, and he loves the way his hair is… if she had a problem with it she should have said something before not two days before the wedding.
And blaming a ruined wedding on an 8 year olds hair? Sorry but gtfo.
That’s absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

I’m going to be short, HER wedding YOUR kid. People really have become to entitled.

1 Like

I would not go to her wedding. I won’t be talked down to. I can’t imagine cutting my kids hair or dying it just bc someone else was throwing a fit about it. Also. All three of my boys had mohawks in my wedding photos and they look fucking adorable.

Why spring this on you two days before the wedding? She knows this hair isn’t a fad, he has had it a long time. I would hold my ground. Maybe style it down but would she tell you to cover your grey hair or change your color to a more natural one? Support your son.

She needs a new ring bearer :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

She knew what his hair looked like when she asked him to be ring bearer and doesn’t say anything but now just a few DAYS before suddenly has a problem with it? Make me curious about what it’s really about.

1 Like

Enjoy the breakdown while finding people to replace us on your big day. Have the day you deserve :v:

2 Likes

Someone else made an issue of the hair and now the bride is on board too. I think the fedora idea is a win-win in this situation. The bride won’t find someone new in 2 days time, and the boy should get to keep his hair style. But, as a side note, those who said what their kid wants is what they’ll get are in for a rude awakening some day! Compromise is an important skill!

Any friend who would force an 8 yr old child to do that would be no friend of mine. I simply would tell her if she doesn’t like it I’m not going, find another ring bearer.

1 Like

No & I think it’s weird to tell someone “I love you enough to ask you to play a part in an important life event but not the way you are - I need you to change something about yourself to fit my aesthetic for a day.” Tell her to suck an egg.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t change a thing about my son. I wouldn’t be at the wedding though as she knew what his hair was like when she asked.

3 Likes

She sounds like a bridezilla :flushed::flushed: Is there some way to lay mohawk down on head? I’ve seen guys and girls just not fix so it lays down. If it was me, I wouldn’t go at all or put my child through that. If she a friend, that friend title sounds questionable she already knew how his hair was. If that big of an issue she’s being dramatic about it should’ve never asked for him to be ring bearer.

1 Like

No way I’d change my sons hair for something like that. Maybe compromise with a cute hat? A fedora or something?

5 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t force him to change it if he didn’t want too. And that should have been brought up when she asked for him to be apart of the wedding to see if he was comfortable with it not a couple days prior to force his hand

Hum… okay, I wouldn’t FORCE my child to do anything they aren’t okay with (i’m very similar to your parenting style, kids are free spirts :heart:) with that being said I would of told my child their options, layout the pros and cons, and help them make the best choice for them selfs.
To me it seems like your friend needs to find a new ring boy! :heart:

1 Like

Sorry, This day is about the bride, not your family. While I understand where you’re coming from, you agreed to let your son be in the wedding. This should’ve been a discussion when you were all asked to be in the wedding initially.

To me, you can choose to pull your son out of the wedding, or maybe find a temporary spray on color for the day. This is not just about the wedding for her, these are her pictures, and something that’s important to her. I will however say that having this discussion two days before the wedding on her part is kind of leaving it to the last minute. See if you can help compromise. Help her find a solution.

He’s had this haircut and color for a year and the bride is just now bringing this up? She’s an idiot for not saying something sooner. One one hand, it’s only hair and it’s not going to ruin her day. But it is her wedding, so your options are to either do what she says or tell her he’s not going to be in the wedding. Personally if it were my child I’d tell the bride he’s not going to be in the wedding

People are who they are…let it be…should everyone wear contacts because she likes one eye color best? Seriously!!!

I wouldn’t even bother going

If it was my child, she would have to be finding a new ring bearer.

Absolutely no!! She knew about his hair for a year before her wedding. If she thinks the wedding is about hair style color etc she needs to rethink what the wedding is about. I wouldn’t discuss anything about the wedding or attack her over anything except your son. Tell her he had it for a year and you knew and I’m sorry if it concerns you. However he is not changing his hair if you want to get someone else. However I think she needs to consider how she is affecting his feelings. My opinion if she feels him and his hair is going to distract from her, she has self insecurities.

2 Likes

No I wouldn’t make him change anything. I would firmly tell her that he will not be changing his looks to make anyone else feel a certain way.

There is a 3rd option…your son could chose NOT to participate in the wedding. He shouldn’t be made to do something that he doesn’t want to do.

And WHY didn’t the bride mention this before now?!?! She cannot control EVERYTHING or EVERYONE.

2 Likes

If she had told you a year ago, these are my expectations for his hair. Then your kinda a dick for accepting the position and giving him this hair do. If she waited until 2 days before her wedding to tell you. Then she knew what he looked like and needs to get over herself. She should have given you time to have a better option than shave it off.

Absolutely do not stress an 8yr old over a wedding that makes you change your or your child values. Your friend is way over controlling. Even tho it’s her day she is not a queen or a princes she is a bride. She is a friend, but he is your child. And your child’s sanity and happiness is what really matters. Tell her to find another ring barer and that’s the end of it. Cause her meltdown doesn’t compare to your child’s melt down. Never change to please other people. A true friend would never put a child threw this.

If its only temporary why not. He’s going to have to learn when he grows up that appearances are important in certain situations and the world won’t cater to your every want. Hair grows back, can be coloured again.

3 Likes

Absolutely would not make my child change his hair. She can deal with it or find a new ring bearer.

She should have made it known beforehand, that his hair style had to change PRIOR to your son accepting being in the wedding party.

Color his hair but take dye with you then run him to the bathroom and at her reception he will have his red back…let her look like a bitch to everyone then

Add a wedding flower to his mohawk and let him rock it. Dont let anyone change you child!

I would tell her you’re not going to change anything so either she excepts him the way he is or find someone else as the ring bearer…stand your ground she having a meltdown over something else and just blaming it on your son’s hair…

1 Like

Bride needs to find a new ring bearer that will conform to what she wants. Your son is very strong for standing his ground & I admire that you stodd up for him!! You have the right instincts mama!

No. I would decline going to wedding. I get that it’s her day, but should of mentioned this months ago. :roll_eyes: bridezillas

1 Like

Hell no! Let him keep it, she can be without a ring bearer, and he can have his hair the way he likes!

No, only a twunt does that.

1st of all did he have the hairstyle when she asked for him to be in be in the wedding? Asking because you say nearly a year that he’s had it. 2nd if you are against him changing his appearance because of her request then tell her that he will not be participating. Doubt she has not mentioned this to you before now but just my opinion.

Absolutely not! I would tell said “friend” she better get in touch with her photographer if she’s that concerned about it and the photographer could literally change it to whatever color in the pictures if that’s what she’s so worried about. Otherwise, tell her to stick it where the sun don’t shine :grin:

I understand it’s her day and it’s fine that she wants things a certain way, but I fully agree with you. Do not make him change who he is for one person and one day. Tell her she can either accept it or find someone else.

I have so many questions. Did your son have this mohawk and color when asked to be in the wedding, and 2 days before to wedding is the first time you are hearing about and bride problems(with his mohawk and color)? Exactly how close are you to this bride, how long have you know her, is she a real friend?
I am an advocate of kids having some say in what they do, can’t tell you how many people have been appalled at my daughter’s cutbor color over the last year. My response has been, “If that is the worst thing my teenager is doing in today’s society, I’ll take it!”
I wouldn’t make him change it, but there may be long term consequences to this friendship, for you. Stand with your son on this, because if you make him change it he will lose faith and trust in you!!!
:gift_heart::sparkling_heart:

No way! Let him keep his mohawk…she can find someone else…your son’s happiness is more important…the bride should understand!! Don’t give in.

You’ll break his :heart:

I would kindly say my sons mental health trumps your mental health as he’s my son thanks for thinking of us I wish you a fantastic wedding but we unfortunately will not be making it

1 Like

Nope your child comes first. Let her find someone else to do it on short notice. Hopefully they will fit her vision for her wedding. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t force him. If someone spoke to me like that, I just wouldn’t show up with my kid… or myself. She sounds like a child.

1 Like

Option 1: have him wear a cute hat if he’s okay with that
Option 2: don’t go to the wedding if your son isn’t welcome as is

2 Likes

It’s the brides day that’s a given. I would just ask my friend to get another child to carry the rings that you don’t agree with him changing his hair. It’s ok for people to have different opinions and to figure out a way to work around them without becoming a part of this cancel culture for having an opinion that isn’t popular. I would not throw away a friendship over my child’s hair at my friends wedding. I would just give her an out by not having him in it.

2 Likes

A hard no leave your sons hair alone. Why is she only bringing this up now why not a year ago. She’s stressing herself out over nothing. Xx

1 Like

My child wouldn’t be in that wedding if she have to be that way over a child hair…
Not she knew him just yesterday, she knew how his hair was…

1 Like

Nope! She knew about this for months If she had a problem she should have said something then! I’d bow out and say sorry but we’re not changing his hair maybe a hat could be worn but I’d say nope!

1 Like

Nope I would NOT force him

Hell no, I’d tell the bridezilla that if she can’t accept him the way he is she can shove the wedding where the sun don’t shine, and honestly I would go as far as backing out of the wedding along with my children and convince my other family to back out to that way she has no time to replace anyone and she’s stuck in her own misery by her dam self, you teach your son that he don’t ha e to change to please anyone, if they don’t accept him as he is they don’t need to be apart of his life

1 Like

I wouldn’t make him change anything, she knew this before she chose him. If she doesn’t like it she should’ve picked someone else.

Shave it it will grown back

Nope, not if he did not want to. His body his choice.

1 Like

My daughter (14) had RED hair. She’s going to be in the wedding of her oldest friend and was asked for a more natural hair color. Although she loved her hair she did it without hesitation. It can be dyed again.:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I only needed to read your initial question to answer and my answer is 100% absolutely not. People need to accept your son for who he is Mohawk and all

2 Likes

My son went to 1 wedding like that…Everyone loved it…then before you knew it he changed his hair style…He can wear any hairstyle and get away with it…

I would’ve told that “friend” to either accept the son as he is OR find another ring bearer :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

You have a 3rd option. Do go to the wedding.

tell her to pick another kid

1 Like

I absolutely would not change my child’s hair at all if they didn’t want to and we just wouldn’t go…. She knew he had a red Mohawk when she decided he was the ring bearer

We would not be going to the wedding

I would never make my child change thier hair that drastically for a wedding. Sorry but :v::v::v: neither me or my son would be at the wedding.

This a role model your son does not need in his life. Hard no. She’d be missing more than a ring bearer at her wedding if it was men

I am sorry friend or not. My child wouldn’t not be changing who they are for a ceremony that last maybe 2 hours at most.

No it is his hair and she knew his personality when she chose him. I would see if he would mind styling if another way for the ceremony itself, and if he doesn’t want to I would tell her he can’t do it. I personally think it would make cute memories, but I’m not one to get all up fight about such things.

That’s a hard no for me. I wouldn’t even go. I can’t believe someone would try to force someone else, especially someone’s else’s child, to shave their hair or change the color.

I’d tell her to pick another kid. And then keep my son away from your “friend.”

1 Like

I wouldn’t do either- when she asked yall to be in the wedding (I’m assuming months ago) she should have said “I want him to be in it but don’t want him to have his current hairstyle” (which would have been fine bc it is her wedding) and you could have declined

Nope. You don’t change anything about your kids for anyone else.

Your son should not have to “change” his hair for bridezilla……

1 Like

Honestly, I wouldn’t have him change who he is. I wouldn’t force him. My kid comes first.

He had that hair style when she wanted him to be the ring bear? She should’ve thought about that. He’s 8. And, she waited until 2 days before the wedding to say anything to you. No. I wouldn’t force my 8 year old, to do any of that. I would stand up for my child also. And we’d probably be out of the wedding🤷

No, she also should have said something prior. The wedding doesn’t trump your kids feelings about there own body.

He could put on a guy wig.

Absolutely 1000% fuxking not. Your son does not consent to those changes.

I’d tell her to find another ring bearer. That’s her problem, not yours or your son’s.

“My” wedding is insane. I’d pull him from being in it :woman_shrugging:t2:

No… its just hair. She can’t compromise with a hat? Then I wouldn’t be going.

Nahhh she can get a new ring bearer

well now she would have to worry about finding someone else on such short notice. sorry not sorry. she is being a bridezilla. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Dont let him be ring bearer. He’s just a kid. Dont traumatize him. Let him keep his hair.

1 Like

Don’t force him to change his hair. She knew about his hairstyle before asking him to be the ring bearer.

1 Like

I wouldn’t force him but as the bride she has every right to want her expensive pictures to look beautiful in HER way. I really don’t think toning it down is going to mentally damage him unless you’ve explained it to him in a negative way, which is how it sounds if he’s going crazy.
I’d have said - you have a super important job and o need you to help me find a super cool hair colour that makes you the like the coolest dude there! I’d you want to change it back after though, we can tot do that!:heart:"

1 Like

By allowing him to keep it, you’re truly showing him that he has autonomy over his own body. Decline to cut/dye his hair and just have him as a guest. Let him look how he wants and support that at all costs. It’s more important than any wedding

Nope! His hair, his choice! Keep sticking up for him momma <3

You r son needs to learn that he can’t always have what he wants in life whats the big deal he can’t put back the color afterwards. That’s right it’s her wedding and you should respect that. We’re you not a bride at one time.maybe she was having a hard time telling her “friend” to change your sons hair but now the last minute nerves have kicked In. Stop being your sons friend and be a mother !!

4 Likes

My son had a Mohawk in his aunt’s wedding.
I would tell him he has those options or to not do either and just not be in the wedding at all.
I would be upset with that friend for sure though.

2 Likes

Respect your sons choice. Isn’t that why you let him choose his own hair in the 1st place?

3 Likes

I would give her 2 options! Either she accept my son the way that his is in her wedding…and the way hes been for a year (so she was well aware of his hair when she asked for him to be apart of the wedding) or tell her my son wont be in it period…and if my sons not in it now, I’m not either! That would piss me off! Do that to that lil boy! I get that its HER day but grow up. Shes supposed to be an adult…you don’t do that to a lil kid!

F that, she is being rude and insensitive. She shouldn’t have asked your son to be in the wedding if she can’t accept him the way he is. It’s his damn hair. I can’t believe she is serious. Do the men have to have their facial hair a certain way and length because she doesn’t like that either? I say the son keeps the color and the Mohawk and if she doesn’t like it she can replace his spot or all of your spots in the wedding for that matter

1 Like

I would never force my child to change the hairstyle and colour they love to suit some crazy bridezilla. I wouldn’t even go to this wedding. if that’s how someone wants to treat my child then they don’t get to see my child or me.

1 Like

Uh…my son wouldn’t go.
Why are people so fkin ridiculous :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I would never force my child to change the hairstyle and colour they love to suit some crazy bridezilla. I wouldn’t even go to this wedding. if that’s how someone wants to treat my child then they don’t get to see my child or me.

If she wanted him in the wedding to begin with then she should have voiced this when asking him to be in the wedding. That way you both could have made the decision to do the wedding or not with plenty of notice. Letting u know 2 days before the wedding is not ok. If it was me I’d tell my friend he’s either doing the wedding as he is(they way she asked him to be) or he isn’t in the wedding and u need to be paid back for said clothes/tux rental. I would not make my child change their hair on some ones last minute freak out

5 Likes

Do not make your child change their appearance to appease anyone else’s wishes! Never ever do that. Let her know that you and your family will no longer be interested in participating in her wedding. That’s what I’d do.

3 Likes

Absolutely freaken not. And we wouldn’t be attending either

2 Likes

He just wouldn’t be in it. Probably doesn’t want to anyway

1 Like

I wouldn’t force my child to change his hair, she knew his hair was that way and would be thay way…and if he was removed from the wedding party because of it, none of us would be part of the wedding party. Attending the wedding as guests only is an option at that point or not attending at all.

Nope she choose him knowing how he looks if two days out she brings it up to bad she has two options get over it or be down members of her bridal party

1 Like

Honestly. Neither me or my child(ren) would be going.

1 Like

She would hunt a new ring bearer