Would you go on vacation without your kids?

Would you go on a vacation without your kids? myhusband wants to go to hawaii for a week and not bring the kids (7,5 and 1.) but idk if i can leave them…he is upset because he really wants to spend time with me and they can stay with his mom and i know they will be safe…but they are so attached to me especially the younger one and i dont want to traumatize her…what should i do?

86 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you go on vacation without your kids?

Go on vacation with the hubby, he wants some time with you and no kids, y’all need alone time, be grateful you have a safe place for the kids and go enjoy a week with the husband! The kids will be ok

2 Likes

I do all the time :woman_shrugging::joy: we have family vacation and me and my husband vacations. Mine stay with grandma too and they’re fine I load up on activities for them plan out meals in case they miss their favorite foods and video chat them. Spend some time with your husband I’m sure you both deserve it

3 Likes

If you know the kids will be safe than go :two_hearts:

We did, we went to Hawaii for 10 days without my kids and they were 2,5 and 8. I missed them but they had fun with grandparents, I faced timed every morning and told them what we had planned, and then every night before bed we FaceTimed as well. Time went by so fast, before ya know it vacay is over. I say do it. The alone time is nice, plus it’s nice to enjoy a vacation without having the responsibilities of kids.

3 Likes

personally I would Go. The kids will Be okay& Safe.

enjoy time just being you And Ur Parther

5 Likes

Yes and have already

Go and enjoy yourself!!!

Spending time away from your baby is not going to traumatize her. If anything, it’ll show her that time can be spent apart and you’ll always come back to her. Your husband is expressing a need and I think that he should be prioritized in this situation. Time away from kids and quality time together is really healthy and important for a relationship. It’s also important for adults to have time away for themselves as individuals. Go have fun and enjoy yourselves!

10 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t. Not for an entire week. I can’t even go grocery shopping without rushing through it though I have severe anxiety without my kids lol

3 Likes

My husband and I have done on vacation every year without our kids since they were little. You need some adult time.

6 Likes

She’ll be with people she knows, not strangers. She might be upset the first day or 2 but traumatizing is a little strong.

I’m not like other moms, so no, I’m not going to pawn them off to others, so I can have a ‘vacation’ from my responsibilities that I brought into this world. If i go on vacation, they come with me. I don’t care if anyone disagrees.

16 Likes

Yes my husband and I went to florida when my son was 8 months old for 5 days

Remember, it’s very important to make time for each other. Go with your husband, your baby will not be traumatized by this none of your kids should. Have fun, it’s not pawning them off on someone else. It’s healthy to make time for you and your spouse, it’s not like it’s a every month type thing.

4 Likes

It’s important to have time for you both. Kids will be safe. You should go

1 Like

Do it! I wish I had this kind of opportunity, mamas need breaks too! You will have so much fun and feel so refreshed when you come home to your babies :heart:

2 Likes

Go on vacation with your husband have some you 2 time! Gosh, the kids will be fine.

6 Likes

They’ll be fine ! Go have fun with your hubby :two_hearts:

1 Like

Yes if I had someone to watch all my kids I would.

I wouldn’t with a 1 year old. My daughter was still very much breastfeeding at that age, as my son will be. It would interfere too much with that. Just a 7 year old would be different.

4 Likes

Go spend time alone with your husband!

Omg… take that man up on a dream lover vacation!! You need to make time for your relationship too! Don’t always be the mom and be clingy with your kids… they will have fun with grandma! Take them camping or something when you get back! I’d give pretty much anything for my man to take me away on vacation kid free :joy::rofl:

8 Likes

Do it!!! You need time together and how romantic!!

Wow… some of you saying no and can’t take a break from Your kids to focus on your marriage… so not healthy. Big reason marriages fail is because you’re not keeping the excitement fun and spice alive …. You’re not just a mom!

12 Likes

Not 1. But we do want a vacation alone when our youngest is 2/3

1 Like

I have and I deserved it very much.

No. I would never go on vacation without my kids. I could never. My opinion only. You do what you think is best.

4 Likes

GO on the trip. Your husband is telling you he needs some of your attention. Listen!

12 Likes

I have a 11yo and a 1yo I personally wouldn’t leave them but that’s my choice xx

1 Like

If your that worried about your kids
shit he can take me if he likes Lmao :rofl:

1 Like

I do two vacations a year. One as a family and one for my relationship. It’s needed honestly, especially to keep that flame lit after fifteen years and eight kids.

5 Likes

OMG go your kids will be fine and you need to spend quality time together

1 Like

My anxiety would never let me

1 Like

Maybe you and kids can practice for the longer trip with a couple smaller trips. So they know what to expect. But also I think maybe some marriage therapy is in place if your husband is putting all this stress into time alone with you. There could be a disconnect that you guys need help with.

Take the time to recharge and find a new hobby. It’s not forever and there will be other holidays/vacations with the kids.

Your relationship also needs alone time to just be adults and have fun.

6 Likes

My son went to Disney World with his aunt before he was 2. He said “bye mommy” and had a great time with her. I think this is more about you missing them vs. them missing you. Go on vacay & have a fun & sexy time!

5 Likes

The kids will love time at nanny’s house so ho and relax with your husband and have a good time.xx

Go to Hawaii! In 5 minutes your baby won’t even remember you went anywhere! We are leaving our teenagers 19 and 15
(With an adult) for a trip to the Dominican Republic in November!

1 Like

Hopefully I came out successful thanks to a good friend a good manager.i never thought I could make money online but it’s clearly not, it’s real contact the boss lady

I would! Just do something with your kids when you get back!

Yes, go!
I think its great your husband asking to spend time with you. Parents’ relationship is so important for the kids.

2 Likes

Take it from me…you and your husband need “you time” you have to make time to be together. My husband and I have been together since we were 14…we are 32 now…3 kids … the roommate stage of marriage is tough but happens sadly. We only this year started making time for us. We have an 11 year old, 13 year old and 15 year old. I say if you trust his mom with them, go!

3 Likes

They won’t even care once you leave. Parents like this make me go “yikes” out loud. This doesn’t make you a good parent having an attachment like this. It’s unhealthy and you’re going to ruin your marriage on top of it. Go to HI and have the time of your life. Your babies will still love you when you get back.

Feed your marriage first , your entire family benefits from this! If leaving your kids in a safe and loving environment gives you anxiety, you probably should seek therapy.

1 Like

It’s hard especially when they are young but they will be okay. Parents need time for themselves and you guys need alone time for your marriage. Leave the kids with someone you trust and make sure to call/FaceTime but go enjoy yourself.

1 Like

Ummmm go. My kids went on a trip with their grandparents without me earlier this year. We FaceTimed every night, they had fun while I got some much needed TLC.

Find someone to watch the kids and go spend time with your husband. Kids don’t have to go everywhere parents go on vacation.

Be glad your husband actually still wants to do those things with you!

2 Likes

Absolutely, we are going to Greece in September and my mum will be watching kids. Everyone deserves a break every so often.

Keep that marriage going! Go and enjoy the trip

2 Likes

Shit I wish mine wanted to spend even an hour with me alone
Havnt had a date since before my son was born that was 3 yrs ago
And I got a 3 yr old and almost 2

Take the trip
She won’t be traumatized
Baby feeds off your energy remember that
Besides this is important to him and you need it just as much

Trips without the kids are important. My husband and ai do a trip with the kids and then a trip without them. As long as you know they are safe, it’s fine. Enjoy the adult time!!

1 Like

Go on vacation without kids.

Go! You’re doing your children (and your marriage/relationship) no favours by not leaving them with other people for long periods of time. I know because I was that mum.

1 Like

My kids are 10 and 13 and we’ve never been away without them.

Each to their own . Personally my kids travelled abroad with me from 5months . No point going on holiday without them if its going to stress you out so much you cant relax.

1 Like

I can see being worried about the 1yo, but ultimately kids are not as delicate as we’re afraid of. :heart:

The one year old will cry every day☹️. Wait a couple more years

1 Like

I go away without my kids for a few days every couple a months, I would never leave them to go on a week long holiday abroad though. I don’t think that’s right, they deserve to be there and make memories too

1 Like

If u guys don’t get couple time and u have a chance do it relationships need it trust me

1 Like

Your kids will leave and start their own lives one day. Don’t neglect your marriage

5 Likes

You go on vacation without your kids

Do a trip closer to home for a weekend. If it’s just about spending time with you location should not matter to your husband

1 Like

I think you should go. I went on vacation with my husband a couple years ago and left my son with my parents. He is also very attached to me, he was completely fine and pumped that he got presents

Omg leave the kids and go

If you’ve never been away from your kids, I would try an overnight or a weekend away to see how they are. If no issues - go enjoy that trip! If there are melt downs, I would wait a few more years.

1 Like

Nope….luckily my husband and I agree that our kids are only gonna be with us for awhile, so where we go they go. We have been married 22 years and have 4 kids (18, 16, 11 & 9). If the big ones choose not to go, that is fine, but for the most part we all go together. It won’t be long before they will all be grown and gone :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go on holiday and leave my kid behind! Plenty of time for that once kids are grown. Imo 1 year old is a bit young to be leaving anyway.

can he take me instead ? lol ! seriously go!!! have fun

Go on the vacation withOUT the kids. Your husband wants time and attention with YOU! I would snag that vacation in a jiffy!

[email protected]#&$ yeah I could leave my kids for a week for a couples vacay I’d be getting wild​:crazy_face::rofl: I think your attached to them which is okay cause I’d miss my son too, I miss him wen he goes to my dad for a night I’ll randomly ask… but you need to think about YOURSELF and go enjoy yourself. Go! Go! Go! Go be with your husband and enjoy each other’s time!

Why do women do this?

Forget they are part of a couple once the kids arrive.

The children will be in capable hands. They raised their own children.

Stop obsessing.

Pack your bags and go.

You are parents 24/7.

Give yourselves some couple time.

The best gift you can give your children is to love each other

Keep the love and relationship alive.

2 Likes

I couldn’t do Hawaii, but maybe a weekend an hour away. Start small and work my way up to longer further and longer when kids are older. 1yo is still a baby, and if he/she had a hard time i would want to be a drive away.

2 Likes

I never could either don’t feel guilty :blue_heart:

I wouldn’t do that.my opinion though.

l had trouble leaving mine came home next day

Yes we go once a year for our own special vacation. The kids also get their own yearly vacation too.

I know friends and family that have vacationed without their kids but it’s not for me. Mine are 15 and 11 and we have not gone on vacation without them. I do look forward to it though when they are in college! :heart:

I’d do it if my youngest was at least 4. My sister did this with her husband but they were 5, 8, & 10. I’d do vacation with hubby but then do a family vacation as well

Bring the grandmother! That’s what I would do, I couldn’t leave my children especially my 3 yo. But you can get alone time and still enjoy your children on vacation and have a sitter if she is willing.

Back when mine were young I’d have said no, now that mine are much older and I look back on my life, I’d say yes. 1 week isn’t long and you will strengthen the bond with your husband and the grandparents will strengthen the bond with their grandkids.

4 Likes

Yes I would sometimes you have to put your husband/wife your marriage first parents need time to

1 Like

I will jump on that plane so quickly, husband and all might be left behind

5 Likes

My husband and I take a weekend getaway once a year around our anniversary and we leave our son with a grandparent but I couldn’t go a week without my kid. No way. Lol.

We left our kids who were 3 and 2 for 3n/4d to go on our honeymoon, and if we could have afforded it, we would have gone longer. We FaceTimed and the kids were fine. Did they miss us, of course! Did we miss them, obviously! But do I regret it, NO! It can be hard but they’ll be ok. I also took a girls trip when they were a little younger than that and they stayed with dad during that time. They still are fully attached to me, I haven’t changed our bond lol

We go on one with the children and one without.

Yes! I also take 2 vacations a year even if it’s just a weekend… 1 with kids and 1 without. Its important for my own sanity and my relationship.

You should go! You won’t regret it! I refused to leave my oldest for the first three years of his life to even take a date night and didn’t stay away from him overnight until he was five. I wish I would’ve spent more time with my SO and not been so nervous to leave him. They will be fine and you need time away for your relationship and yourself. I never saw it then but looking back I do.

1 Like

If I had someone responsible to wat h my two goblins I’d run to the airport :skull: I keep having to take them with me.

We do 4-5 days and it’s so nice to reconnect. Especially if the grandparents are trust worthy

Fucking dam right I would you carry them for 9 months go through pain giving birth and see them everyday so why not if it’s so bad go without him as well

Yessss!!! And I have gone to Hawaii without them and they were little and attached to me also. Just do it!!! You won’t regret it.

Twice a year we vacation without kids. Once a week we go on a date and every night we put the kids to bed and just hang out we have 4 kids oldest is 20 youngests is 4 we just always wanted to have a relationship as if we r always dating and getting to know each other

2 Likes

I might as well stay home if I’m going to drag them on vacation with me. Nope it’s called vacation for a reason .

Just went on a vacation without my 9year old. The first since she’s been born and it was the best. Definitely good to recharge

1 Like

Go!!! Feel fortunate that you have a husband who wants to go on a nice vacation and spend time with you.

1 Like

Start allowing over nights with your mother in law to get your youngest used to it. I would LOVE to go on vacation with just me and my hubby. You’ve gotta make time for yourselves and not just your kiddos.

1 Like

Yes. My parents did it to, they went to Europe one year. I was 16, and my older bro was 19. We passed out flyers and had a huge house party. The 80s were a great time!.

1 Like