Would you have joint birthday parties?

I would have parties together but a cake or something special on their day with just the immediate family

We do one special day for each child, and a second party for their friends at a party place. All my babies had this growing up. So they get 2 birthday parties. Our youngest did have hers with her papa when she was little since their birthdays are days apart. They love it, and the one for just the family makes it special.

My oldest 2 birthdays are 4 days apart and I’ve always done a joint birthday party for them. When they’re older and have a problem with it they can have a joint family party and then separate days to celebrate with friends but at 6 and 8 they love it.

Get 2 cakes and do 1 day

1 Like

Personally I’d give each child there own party growing up my birthday was in September my twin sisters was in November and my other sister was December my parents always had one big party in January and I hated it to me it’s a special day for that child to feel special and that’s how it should be🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Like

My 3 boys are all in one month and we always did 1 party but also a cake and their choice of dinner on their actual birthday. But my oldest son will be 13 this year and his little brothers will only be 3 and 7 so I think its time for him to have his own party.

My son is turning 5 on May 23rd and my daughter is turning 1 on May 26th, we’re definitely doing one party

1 Like

Joined birthday parties, separate special days. Like take them out on their actual day to so something fun, but have a joint party for friends and family.

1 Like

Mine were 23 months apart (one birthday in August, one in September) and I did one big party until they got old enough to start inviting friends from school. It worked well. I did separate cakes. Half the party would be whatever my son was into, and then half for what my daughter was into. They didn’t mind at all. I will add that they are super close now as teenagers. So :woman_shrugging:
To each their own.
Edit to add: I did a little something special on their actual birthday. A little homemade cake, or cupcakes. With a little something to open as a gift. Maybe a little banner and a few balloons. It’s important to also make them feel special, too.

My youngest 2 are Jan and Dec of 2000 I did theirs together in Dec when they were little.

My boys will be 3 and 5 in may and June and we are combining birthdays

When there little it’s fine when they get older NO

1 Like

My mom has 3 kids in March including me My brother is the 13 my sister is the 28th I’m the 25th we all had our separately on our birthday and she made that day all about us. Because it was our day we were born on. We weren’t twins or born on the same day so why do it the same day? Give them their own birthdays

For 1 and 3, do same day , I did that for my 4 and 8 yr old. Hes born 7/16/12 shes born 6/28/16… this was the 1st year we did separate parties cuz it’s a lot no matter how u look at it

My kids birthdays are 3 years and 3 days apart. I do things different for each child. But I’ve always had a combined party.
Now that they’ve gotten a little older they would rather separate parties, which is completely okay.

I have 2 the same month and we celebrated there 1st and 3 rd birthdays as a joint party last year

The big party can be together but you can still celebrate at home with the dinner of their choice on their actual day. This way they’ll each have their own occasion with their parents and siblings, and also enjoy the “big” party together with guests.

My boy and girl are 2 years and 2 weeks apart, they have seperate birthdays.

Two of my kids are January 7th and January 8th. I always did one party for both so that family members from out of town could attend and celebrate both kids. My daughter HATED it. But on her 16th birthday and his 13th birthday which was the next day we did it separately. That way her 16th birthday was her special day.

I personally think that joined is fine until they hit primary school age. Get away with it cheaper while you can :wink:

My mom got 2 in September me an my sister she older but hers is the 28 an mines the 29 we had them on our days

I say share, I am a twin, my daughters are born on the same day 9 years apart, but they live celebrating together, but I always make sure they have their own “party” their own colors, time but we always do a family one, which is every one but friends, but it used to be youngest first in the day then oldest in evening like a bomb fire, but now the older ones in the afternoon,lol

I am a twin…give them there own party…

Do it together and just make sure they both have a nice extra special present to themselves

My son and a cousin have very close birthdays. We did joint birthday parties until they both said they wanted their own

Maybe throw one big together party. But on their birthday take them to do something individually to celebrate

My sister and i are both born same month and day 6yrs apart.
I loved sharing my birthday with her.
Anyways your little ones wont know what day it is.
Have one big party less stress too.

1 Like

My kids are 15, 11, and 5 birthdays in March, May, and June and have been doing joint birthdays for 10 years. Let’s be real most people don’t want to go to a lot of children’s parties

1 Like

I have 4 kids, 2 share Bdays in July but different days and 2 share bdays in May on different days. We celebrate their birthdays separately on their special day and make it all about them but we do the family/friend birthday parties on the same day. So we will have a party in May for 2 and a party in July for 2, cuts down on cost of parties plus you’re inviting the same people so why make them come to a party twice in the same month. Hope this helps.

My little brother was the 6th and I was the 21st and we always had parties together

My brother and I are 2 years apart and our birthdays are a month apart. More than once I remember celebrating on the same day! Most of our friends were siblings and it made more sense to do it once. Neither of us felt cheated out of a party. Maybe not a solution for everyone, or every year but not a weird thing to do :slightly_smiling_face:

my two oldest bdays are nov 27th and dec 1st we do their party together and then pick food up for there actual bday

My oldest is 16yrs older than my youngest and they are 2 days apart. For their birthdays I actually gave my oldest the choice because she is old enough to care. My 1yr old wont even remember it and my now 17yr old actually requested to share the birthday party and we did a unicorn party for both because my oldest wont ever want a girlie unicorn party again. Lol. When they are 2 and under they have no memory of their party or b-day. Spend the time with them and enjoy it together and when they are a bit older then give them the option.

1 Like

Let them each have there own birthday

My kids are both January babies. I have had joint parties for them since my son was born (he just turned 7). He hasn’t had too many of his “own” friends until this year so neither cared. My oldest had her friends, our family friends and the few of his. Not a problem. We always do 2 cakes and sing to each

2 Likes

Separate, my bday is so close to xmas (3 days) and it still bothers me and I’m 28. Anything you can do to make it special makes a difference.

My girls are exactly 5 years and 5 days apart. We did parties on the same day and they have never gotten upset by it.

Too young. Share for now and separately when they are older and have separate friends.

1 Like

Joined until they can have the conversation with you to decide for themselves. Obviously the older one will be able to do that first. Telling him that a double party is double the fun would not be a lie. Maybe always be sure to get them separate cakes and sing happy birthday twice.

Do them together less money spent my friend does her kids together unless it’s for there big numbers like 5 10 13

1 Like

I have 4 kids in July … I do joint bday parties but do something special for them on the actual bday

I share with my sister she’s 15 I’m 25. I’m the 19th she’s the 20th. We used to do separate birthdays but we eventually went with together birthdays. If we want separate we can. If different food wants. But we typically have done together birthdays and if want special different to eat we can. But normally together

1 Like

Do a joint party but do a special meal of their choice on their actual birthdays

My step mom did that for my brothers and they never
Complained

Ur husband is right. They should have different days I have one one July 11 and one July 28

I have 3 kids born in May. 2 on the same day and no they are not twins… 6 years apart.
We do individual parties with friends. But we do family parties together BUT they each get their own cake and song.

I’m in the same position, my daughter will turn 1 on the 4th and my son will turn 5 on the 14th of the same month. I think I’m going to do 2 seperate parties as it’s her 1st birthday but after that may join them? In saying that probably do a family thing for the both and as they get older I have no idea it will be up to them. because they are different gender and 5 year gap I will probably have to do one big party with both of their friends or 2 seperate ones

1 Like

Ask the kids which they want. I think everyone deserves their own special day, but maybe they don’t care.

While they’re little, I would do them together. If it bothers them when they’re older maybe do it separate then.

My sisters birthday is a day after mine, we always shared a birthday. One year was my choice in party and next was hers until we reached an age were we didn’t wanna celebrate anymore

1 Like

Combine them until they ask for separate ones

1 Like

Too young to care! Change it up when they get older when they do care. Parties are so damn expensive.

That’s what I’m doing ! I’m a single mom I don’t have money for two separate bdays 3 weeks apart

1 Like

So I shared birthdays with my sister all the time. While I love my sister, she always had more friends, more outgoing …ect so I never got the spotlight and attention that a birthday is because she took it. Needless to say I’m still kinda bitter.

They’re to young to care. They’ll just be happy with cake and some games :heart:

I’m May 9. Sister is May 8. Yeah. Insanely close and mom did joint birthday parties every. Single. Year!!! Hated it.
Like seriously hated it.

My two oldest girls are the same day. I did joint parties until they were older and developed different interests.

My kids are younger and in December two days apart but we do shared bday parties for now and when they get older with friends we will let them have separate parties if they want to.

Too young to care right now. Separate bday party for the oldest when he turns 5.

For now I think that’s fine. But once theyre older and want their own parties id let them

Yes I agree… always smoke a joint before the kid parties! :rofl:

We celebrate each on their own day as a family then have a joint birthday party a separate day for friends & family (outside of our home) they are 6 (12/13) and 2 (12/7).

My birthday is July 18tj and my sister August 15th. My mom always joined ours until we got older and wanted separate parties.

I have 2 sons born in march one on the 3rd and one on the 12th always celebrated separately

Joint friend party individual cakes seperate immediate family celebration on the day.

I have 3 in September all a year apart. When they were young they loved them together. As they got older I gave them thier own days, it’s important. I let them choose though.

My kids were all 3 pretty close birthdates. My husband insisted we do their parties separate (which sucked because he worked out of town so we would have to do 1 a month for 3 months because of his schedule). When they were a little older they decided they wanted their birthday parties together!

I guess it is situational. If you have family or friends who have a long drive and so doing one would be easier on everyone then I would go for it. Me and my brother were 5 years a day apart and I personally didn’t like to share my parties as it didn’t feel as special but I got over it and was happy to be celebrated regardless. My son is 5 now and we haven’t really done an actual party for him besides cake and close family so with them being really young I feel like they don’t really care a whole lot yet

Ours are 13 1/2 months apart and we always do separate bdays so they feel special plus they pick what’s for dinner and had NO CHORES that day

We have 5 kiddos my husband and I and 3 of which are in July. The 3rd, 6the, and 13th. We have one party for all 3. We do however make their actual birthday special for each one. They get to pick their favorite dinner and cake and candle with just our kiddos and us and the get to open their gift from us. Everyone else brings their gifts and we do cake and icecream on party day along with either snacky foods or cook out or do pizza. We don’t want them to not feel special on their special day but also can’t ask people to come for 3 separate days that would be a lot. Then they may not be able to show up for all 3. As kiddos get older they may feel not as special if everyone didn’t show up for their birthday party. Its ultimately up to you all as parents, but celebrate both their birthdays and having 1 party for everyone else works well for our family.

Two BIRTHDAY at once. I had twin cousins! Born 1 week after me. We always had our parties toghther as kids.

2 of my boys share the same birth month one is November 15th the other is November 23rd 3&11 yrs old I always do a joint party but on their special day it’s all about them dinner shopping whatever they chose the entire day is devoted but the party is joined typically the last of November

1 Like

My kids are 8 and 4, October 19th and 20th
We do them together… so far…

My oldest, is May 18, my youngest is May 13, 10 yrs apart, we throw a joint bday party on the weekend between the 2.
But on the day of. I make pancake breakfast with their choice of other things for brunch.
1 present opened on birth day, day.

I have the same issue but October and November and we did all the same parties besides like ones 1st birthday and their 5th birthday cause to me it represents time for school and we said we will do the rest joint paries untill one one is 10. It’s so much cheaper and easier to me instead of one party right after the other

My bday is june 17th my sister is June 14. We celebrated together since the day i was born and om top of Father’s day

Separate my littles is 3 days after Christmas and I do Christmas and her birthday separated it’s not fair to have to share the day. So I make Christmas about family and her birthday all about her

In the end they will care. Though it is more convenient for you and even family members who want to attend. I can assure you it will bother them at a later age even if it doesn’t now. My husband and his brother always had this and he still remembers never having a birthday party of his own.

2 Likes

I have this x 3 in my house. Small cake or cupckaes and one gift on actual bday day and dinner of their choice. Then a Joint party together in between both their birthdays. That’s how I’ve always done it. Gives them their individual day and then saves money for a joint party

Also not only does it save expense to have one party but also it’s a lot to expect family and friends to clear their schedules to attend two parties back to back. Much more ideal to ask them to attend a joint party in my opinion

Mine are march 4th & March 8th… They are turning 2&3 and I’m doing theirs together…

Separate. I have 2 children in the same month, 1 is 26th May and the other is 31st May. I have separate for them

My kids bday is February 11th and 12th. They are ages 14 and 11. I don’t really do
Parties for them but they have their cake and they both decide on where they want to go to celebrate. It’s easy for me that way and they love it. Here is a pic of their cake they each had their own special side of the cake and they like their cakes like this and it keeps me from having to buy 2 separate cakes

In my opinion while theyre little do a joint one… the older one wont start to care until prolly 6 so i would take advantage.

1 Like

They’re to young to care. just make sure you have two small cakes so they both get what they like. When they get older then separate birthdays.

2 Likes

Everyone deserves their own

From a twin that never got a special day… Id do joint once in a while! But not every year!

1 Like

Considering there so young I’d do them together but when there older and have there own group of friends then definitely a separate day.

1 Like

My youngest two share an actual date I feel bad but they are 1 & 2 so they are young enough they dont care lol

We do separate parties and we have 2 sets close together, 2 in March and 2 in July. Everyone gets their own day.

My kids are having a joined party this year, both turning 10 and 5. Every other year they have been celebrating separately

My kids are 23 months apart almost to the day. I asked them if we could do a joint lowkey party in the middle of their 2 dates and they really hated the idea they were turning 7 and 9 at the time.

We have been ro a joint party before. The parents said they told them if they had a low key/ low cost party they could have more presents LOL

I say if you can get away with it while they’re young do it.

My kids birthdays are Oct. 3rd Nov. 2nd Nov. 10th and Dec. 27th they all have seperate birthday parties and even tho its stressful they still get their own special day about them

My kids birthdays are a week apart. Parties were done together until my daughter turned 14 and my son was 12. They will be 17 and 15 this year and we are now taking trips, no more parties. On their actual birthday i still buy them their own cake and pizza.

Joint I Say my eldest daughter is 6th June her best friend 14th and they had joint parties from the age of 5. My daughter often talks of fond memories of having a joint party they both loved it. We did our own little thing on their birthday then arranged the party between their actual birthday x

Don’t do it. I have twins so no matter what they share and we make each one special. Our other two kids share birth month and birthdays are 4 days apart, try and give them their own day

They’re too young to care

Share birthdays until they grow put of it, plus if a family member can’t make it to a birthday party 2 weeks in a row one kid won’t feel left out. Honestly they don’t care

My boys are August 13th and 15th, we have done many birthday parties together. They never complained.

I have three in the same month. April 1,6, and 22. Not only do we do all birthdays at one time, we throw in Easter.

Two of my grandkids share the same Birthday month. June 4th and June 26th. We celebrate their birthdays separate but we buy the other a present to open along with the birthday person.