15 year old gets Covid shot without concent

Question,
My son who is fifteen and we live in A state where you cannot get the covid vaccine unless you are 18, or with A parent who gives consent. The school he goes to had discussions about this and let them know to talk to their parent’s about it and the clinic would give them free.
So, he goes to the clinic after school, and they just let him go in and get the shot. Didn’t question his age or why he didn’t have a parent with him, and told me about this when he got home.
I called them, first asked if a child under 18 could get the vaccine without a parent, and they very sternly said no. So I asked them why they let my son do it, and I really got no strait awnser except that their receptionist was new, and not to be mad with my son, and asked if I wanted him to still come for the second shot.
Obviously, I said no. I have nothing against anyone who wants the shot or doesn’t. I just can’t believe this happened. What do you think?
#whatjusthappend

It’s definitely something the school needs to fix. It shouldn’t matter if the receptionist was new, it’s a basic question to ask how old are you. & I would assume he would have to fill out paperwork??? I don’t know, that sounds weird. Obviously whatever you’re comfortable with is what you should do, from what I’ve seen kids 12 & up are allowed to receive the vaccine. I would recommend calling your states health department and maybe asking? He obviously wanted to get vaccinated but since he’s underage in your state I don’t want him or you to possibly get in trouble for it.