29 weeks pregnant with abdominal pain: Thoughts?

I need suggestions. I’m 29 weeks pregnant, and every time I move, I’m having lower abdomen pain and some back pain, it’s been going on for over a week now. I haven’t gone to the doctor because of the virus, and I’ve just been scared, but I’m also terrified of what this pain is. I don’t know what to do. My family and everyone else aren’t taking me seriously because they don’t believe I should go or worry about it if the pain isn’t excruciating. I’m just tired of being in pain and don’t feel like it’s normal.

7 Likes

Call ur doctors office and explain exactly what ur dealing with to a nurse. They will tell u what to do and if u need to go to the hospital. Atleast at the hospital u will be in Labor and Delivery not the E.R.

6 Likes

Lower ligament pain is what it sound like to me! No doctor but pregnant with my 4th! I had it after 27 weeks with all my babies!

2 Likes

It could be round ligament pain, which stretches all the muscles around that area. I have SPD and it’s very intense pain caused by joints separating too much. Around the third trimester it gets worse and there’s not much you can do unfortunately :sob: stretching, heating pad, Tylenol and rest is about all you can do. Of course if you have any bleeding or intense/different pain call your OB

3 Likes

No offense but if I feel the need to go to the doctors or er to check on me and the baby, no one is telling me different. If u feel like u need to go In. Call your doc and see wat they say

Please call your doctor. Don’t use FB as a tool for medical advice. Not safe for you or your sweet baby! :heartpulse:. Praying everything is okay!

4 Likes

Definitely call the dr. I done this with all three of mine and it was indeed back labor. Had to have pills with all three to stop it. (With my third one i was in the hospital for a week on a magnesium drip bc of it)… Better safe than sorry momma!!!

I had a back problems during my pregnancy as well. You don’t mention having your water broke or stuff like that. I’d call my nurse line if I were you.

1 Like

It could be anything from preterm labor to ligament pain call your OB/GYN office or your L&D department ASAP

1 Like

Could be a urine infection or kidney! I had this at 22 weeks was signed off for over a month & was giving tablets. Get seen baby is most important and they will never be mad for you being safe :heart:

It wouldn’t hurt to call. Most hospitals are offering video visits for most patients. If youra isn’t, try MHP in Indiana. They are offering for any state as far as i understand

Sounds like round ligament pain to me. Back pain is also common in pregnancy. However, if you are concerned you can always call your OB and speak with a nurse over the phone to ease your mind and see what they say/recommend.

Try paracetamol and a wheat bag and see how u go x

I had horrible abdominal pain at 31 weeks, Obstetrician told me it was my skin stretching - I couldn’t stand or walk…long story short - my bub was born 9 weeks early because I had a horrible infection.

I will always wonder if I pushed for more answers then maybe I wouldn’t have had a prem baby. Nobody knows for sure but the possibility existed.

Sounds like round ligament pains to me but if you are concerned call up the midwife

I’d call the doctor over asking Facebook. But that’s just me. I understand being scared to go because of this virus but stuff with your pregnancy isnt something to put off. It could be something simple but it could be something serious.

They are taking extra precautions at the OB don’t be scared to go I’m 28 almost 29 weeks and I’m also having similar pain it’s probably the baby stretching and growing drink water and sleep with a pillow in between your legs it helps a lot!

I’m currently 26 weeks I’ve had the same thing going on for about 2 weeks. I’m pregnant with a boy it might be because baby is staying low and growing. The recent ultrasounds that I’ve had he’s been low. You should call your doctor and talk to her about it. It might be something to worry about and it might not be.

I have close to the same thing! I just had my 28 week check up and my doctor said it was the muscles stretching and pulling because my baby is so low and sitting on my nerve

I’m 28 weeks. I’ve been having a lot of pain too… Braxton hicks & round ligament pain. It’s my 3rd one so I know what to expect a little more but I was contemplating the same thing… I’m too worried to go to a hospital or anything unless it’s serious enough that I can’t avoid it.

It sounds like you have an irritable uterus. Usual causes of this are lack of water or a bladder/uti infection. I would try staying nice and hydrated roughly 8 bottles or so of water a day. Do not hold your urine any time and refrain from sexually intercourse. Doesn’t hurt to give your ob a call and get a grind sample done also. There are pregnancy safe stretches you can do to help if it’s round ligament pain.

Always ask for atriage nurse. Ask them questions. They will tell you either go in or stay put.

You probably have a UTI ,call your OB doctor’s office, they will do a urine test and give you an antibiotic

It is important to trust your instinct. The fact that you are asking for advice suggests to me that you are concerned.

I would phone your Doctor/Midwife and explain to them the pain you are feeling. They will be able to advise. Should they feel the need for you to come in they will make arrangements for a safe visit.

Please don’t ignore it. You are much better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like