3 year old not wanting to go to daycare all of a sudden

Hi, I would like to get some help.

My son is 3 years old and goes to daycare and has been in the same daycare for a little over a year now. I am currently pregnant, however their dad and I haven’t been together for 6 months. Most recently, my son has not been wanting to go to daycare. The past 2 weeks he clings on to me and cried every time I try to leave. Usually I remain calm with him until I can get him to settle down, but this has been causing me to be late for work. Today, I got a little upset with him and was extra firm and not calming. I felt bad leaving his school like that but I was already late for work and its been like this for almost 2 weeks. I don’t know what to do. I tried talking to him, he gets a good nights rest all the time. We wake up and have breakfast together. He hasn’t seen his dad in 2 weeks because he’s been out of town and his work schedule is not consistent. However he stays with his dad two days out of the week, and I’ve noticed on the sign in sheets that he only takes him to school one of the days he’s with him. I have tried to talk to him about it but he just keeps telling me it’s his time with him and that it’s just daycare. I’m wondering if this is what has been causing him not to want to go these past two weeks. Because it’s everyday for the past two weeks he’s been clinging on to me and asking me to hold him and not leave daycare. I just feel stuck because I’m now always late to work and feeling stressed, on top of being pregnant :sob: