A daycare worker was letting babies cry while she rocked her own child: Advice?

Yes! You need to bring it to their attention so that they can monitor the situation. There may have been something else going on BUT YES! Mention that so it can be looked into further. No other children should just be left to scream at the top their lungs like that bc she’s showing favoritism. They should correct that problem if it’s found to be the case.

5 Likes

You say clearly been crying for awhile? You know this how? Or are you just making an assumption?

9 Likes

I worked with that age group for many years. 1 teacher is allowed 4 infants(under 1) by themselves. If there were more than 4 in the classroom I would definitely be bringing up that point to the director. The fact that the child she was rocking when you got there was hers is irrelevant. As an infant teacher we sometimes had to let 1 or 2 cry if we were by ourselves, you only have 2 hands and were never supposed to tend to more than 1 at a time. Whether it was changing, feeding or nurturing. You could only carry or hold 1 at a time. Before jumping to conclusions I would calmly talk to the director about what you witnessed but ONLY if there were more than 4 babies in the room at the time.

8 Likes

Keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. Also ask about only having one teacher in the room. How many kids in room?

The daycare my son goes to will not allow any employees child to go there because of this reason…being partial to your own. Of the other teachers were on break maybe it was short lived and the said child was crying but was consoled when u came in. I would just express your concern they work for you and you have every right to know whats going on

2 Likes

What if she did try to console the other kids

1 Like

Id be asking for centre policy in the babies room… surely at least two staff need to be present at all times.

There should always be atleast 2 members of staff always in the room. For evidence and for help. If anything did happen and cctv shows she was on her own that is illegal so say something.

2 Likes

I’ve worked that room many many years. By mostly myself. I had 6 or 7 babies. It was hell a big part of the day. But no this would’ve made me upset too. She shouldn’t have been in there with her own child, she shouldn’t have been left alone brand new in the infant room where there are the most regulations. I mean there’s so many issues with this.

2 Likes

ALWAYS bring it up!!! When it’s got to do with your baby or the safety and we’ll being of any baby for that matter!! Even if you think you’re being paranoid or over thinking… ALWAYS bring it up!!! There’s parents out there wishing that they had brought it up…and me personally I could care less if someone thinks I’m extra or paranoid or a pain in the ass!!! It’s our job to be a pain in the ass!!! If we don’t protect our children, who will!!!

Should be more then 1 person available for little ones😔

3 Likes

Also though, you weren’t there the entire time. Don’t jump to conclusions you don’t know the whole story to.

6 Likes

Would u be mad if she was rocking yours and the others were crying? Hell I would have picked up one and helped ….

12 Likes

What if her babies crying was what made all the other babies uncomfortable? Don’t just to the worst.

3 Likes

I experienced the same exact thing about 20 years ago when I taught the after school program at a daycare center. I would bring it to the director’s attention.

3 Likes

I’ve had friends who worked in daycares… I was always told by them that if you have a child attending the daycare you work at, you were not allowed to work in the same room as your child for this exact reason.

10 Likes

I’d lay a formal complaint.

2 Likes

You can bring it up, but do it nicely please. You had just walked into the room you have no idea what was taking place before you walked in. For all you know her child was upset, she had just gotten them calm and was getting ready to put them down as soon as she was sure they wouldn’t scream, and then go take care of the others that just started fussing. That could be the case so just be nice when you bring it up.

13 Likes

They aren’t supposed to work with their own kids, they’re ment to be moved to another room. I worked in a private nursery and s few staff members had children there and they had move rooms as their children moved up rooms.

4 Likes

Kids cry and we all know how our kids act when they are crying they will kick and scream untill they get picked up by one of their parents there is a shortage on staff across the world give the lady a break !

5 Likes

It’s hard to have an opinion about this on a very short visit. Unless you saw something concrete, then you’re just assuming. Babies cry. I think the ratio for babies is 1:4. If you saw more than 4 babies in the room, then you could mention that to the director.

7 Likes

Girl you doing too much. Stay home with your kid then……

6 Likes

OK, so what if she was rocking one of the other babies while her child and some other babies were crying, would you still feel like she was unreasonable and wanna take your child out of the daycare? Maybe you should speak to her first and ask her why she had her child on her arms while the others we crying… Communicate before making assumptions

11 Likes

For the same reason the child has to be in another daycare… when I worked at a daycare and other moms that worked there had to leave the kids at another daycare (that belonged to the main daycare) to avoid the same issue…

1 Like

Maybe if she puts her baby down then she will have 3 screening babies :man_shrugging: understaffed I’d say not really her fault

12 Likes

Yes I would say something to the manager definitely :100:

5 Likes

I would bring it up with the person in charge

5 Likes

I’d bring it up to the person in charge for sure and find out all the information about the situation.

5 Likes

Why was she the only one in the room with all these children is the real question here . U definitely need to call someone

20 Likes

World full of whiny nosy fuckin people :joy:

I hate to say this, but please if you can , don’t put your children in daycare… the one time I did that, it was a prominent daycare in my town. My daughter got her fingernail bitten to the point that half of her nail was broken off. She didn’t even call me. I found out when I saw a bloody bandage on her finger. I don’t trust anyone with my children anymore except trusted family and friends.

12 Likes

I worked in an infant room in a daycare. It is not easy whatsoever when you have 3 infants to yourself. You have to let them cry you can’t get to them all at once. I don’t think it is a big deal but I know it’s hard to see. You can’t tend to 3 babies at once. Some babies will be left to cry but that doesn’t mean their not fed or changed. Babies cry for no reason. Although I will say she shouldn’t be in the same room with her child.

14 Likes

not sure if this is a differing thing with different countries because most of the ones i see saying this are from the UK/England, etc. or maybe it’s just only some allow this but most don’t, i don’t know but i’m in the US, and personally i’ve worked in a daycare and i was allowed to have my child with me. it never was an issue. the only rule they had was obviously no special treatment. the only thing i can say when reading this is don’t jump to conclusions. i get being initially upset but as it’s already been mentioned, maybe her child was the one that cried first and set the rest of the children off to start crying too. not only that, you said two of the other teachers were on break. she was alone and she’s only one person and can only do so much. i’ve been there where the other teachers went on break during naptime so i was alone with more than the ratio allows but they were supposed to be napping so it was allowed then, but then half of the children woke up mid naptime and started screaming crying. it’s overwhelming when you’re only one person and you have 3, 4 or 5+ children screaming and crying for attention. if you’re truly bothered by it, i would first have a discussion with that teacher specifically. if you’re still not satisfied, talk to the head teacher of that class (if she isn’t the head teacher of course) otherwise gently mention it to the director and don’t assume or try to maliciously get the lady in trouble when you don’t know the whole situation besides the barely 5 minute encounter that you had. i understand your frustration, you only want what’s best for your child and for your child to be in the best care, but we also have to understand that if that teacher was alone, she is still only one person that can only do so much. it’s stressful in that field sometimes. especially with the shortage of teachers/help.

11 Likes

2 people should not be on break at the same time.

10 Likes

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 19762 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://GetPaid277.pages.dev/

thts concerning but could there parents have the teaching cry it out mayby ild still check with staff

Please try to stay home if you can…babies need their momma’s…I quit my job to be home with my boy…best decision ever…if you can’t…talk to someone in charge
.all babies need attention …

9 Likes

How do you know the baby she was rocking (her own) hadn’t been crying and she was rocking it and it had just stopped? Babies cry, you can’t assume she was just sat hugging her baby ignoring everyone else’s

9 Likes

Our daycare, don’t allow mothers to teach same class as their kid. They separate them. I would talk to the director

3 Likes

Omg it was her child, she was probably comforting her child and the child was calm by the time you got there. Also if she isn’t the regular teacher, she was probably covering for them for a bit. The babies will be fine if they cry for a bit.

3 Likes

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18468 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingpay877.pages.dev/

I understand that you’re upset. It bears mentioning to the head teacher that maybe two teachers shouldn’t be on break at the same time. The ratio of workers to infants is too high when you have 1 worker rocking a baby and two others screaming and crying. And you can’t tell for how long. You don’t have to be unpleasant about it, just concerned. Everyone wants their children to get good care. We all hear horror stories about children being injured by workers or other children at daycare and it scares us to pieces. I know there’s a shortage of workers. It’s because the pay is low. We should also advocate for better pay for childcare workers. In the meantime, everybody try to work together and work smart.

5 Likes

A word to the wise: put yourself in the other persons shoes. If it were you in her position, with your child, how you would act and react? :black_heart:

Your are the voice of your child. Let the owner know so she can get someone in there that cares. If you don’t she could be doing something that will hurt the kids. See something say something always. And I would show up at all times of the day to pick my kid up so they never know what time you are coming.

1 Like

Report it and let the center investigate it. If you feel like your child’s needs aren’t being met then find new care. Even if she can’t hold all 3 babies she could still being trying to soothe them.

2 Likes

That’s why I can’t use no daycare…

2 Likes

Voice your concerns to the director. It may not happen regularly or if it is, the director can explain why that particular teacher relieves the infant room teachers. And if it continues and you have a gut feeling that something is wrong, then find new childcare. It’s tough having to trust others with your child’s care. But we have to make it work so we can continue to give our kids the care they need.

3 Likes

Í don’t think 2 people should be on break at the same time.

6 Likes

When I worked infant room the ratio was 4 babies to one teacher. There were times when all babies seemed to cry at once and other times every baby was fine. You might have just caught a bad moment! Also babies go from o to 100 real quick, hopefully they weren’t crying for long and she was about to comfort the next baby.

13 Likes

You cant assume she was ignoring the other two babies you where not there dont know the situation its impossible to attend to three babies at once. Daycare worker is doing the best can do put yourself in that person’s shoes if your not happy find alternative care

8 Likes

No matter how big or how stupid it may seem u saying something about it may be what saves a child. Never not say anything when it comes to kids between csbs foster care and daycare systems always having something going on with either abuse or neglect and children get seriously hurt or even die because of it. Like im sure someone seen something little and just didn’t say something in fear of looking like a karen or silly. ALWAYS SPEAK UP AND OUT FOR CHILDREN WITH NO VOICES

7 Likes

I mean it’s not right but she’s only one person what was she suppose to do she can’t console three babies at once

5 Likes

Time to start only fans and be a full time mumma.
Don’t leave your baby :pensive:

This is why I don’t use daycare and only trust a few people. I’d report it 100%

1 Like

It is time to find a new daycare. Do let your current daycare know what you saw.

3 Likes

Absolutely, it is your right to talk to the director or owner of the day care! You pay for excellent care of your child And need to know each worker is doing their best and especially for that under 12 months of age classroom.

3 Likes

At our daycare, you’re not aloud to work with your own child for this purpose

9 Likes

If the child she was rocking was not her own, would you worry less? Was the child upset prior to your coming in which is why she was consoling them? Did the other two become upset after the one she was rocking had become upset? Did you speak to the owner/director prior to coming to FB with it?

17 Likes

I would speak up. Daycare isn’t cheap, and people are paying this morning for the care of their children… that’s not care …

2 Likes

I would speak up. Daycare isn’t cheap, and people are paying this money for the care of their children… that’s not care …

2 Likes

U dont know what may have happened beforehand, could be thather child was also crying and she was rocking the child to sleep before attending to another. I was an educator and u only have 2 hands. One child at a time. Talk to the educator and tell her how you feel. She can tell you what exactly happened. And if you are still not satisfied find another daycare

9 Likes

I feel like you shouldn’t be judging a situation based on 30 seconds of it… how do you know how long the babies were crying? How did you “come to find out” the baby is hers?
You either stood by and watched this happen long enough to be sure, in which case YOU’RE actually wrong if you didn’t already say something… OR… you witnessed a very brief moment in someone’s day where their hands were full and you made an assumption because you’re upset you haven’t met this person before…
I can slightly see being upset about my child being with someone I haven’t met, however, if you’re choosing which day care to pay for… you should be using one you trust to care for your child and to hire other safe people to do so…if you don’t trust them to hire the right people you shouldn’t be sending your kid there in the first place

5 Likes

How many babies were in the room that she was supervising alone? There has to be 1 adult to every 3 babies under 1 here. Instead of making it about her and her own baby I’d raise concern that there didn’t seem to be enough staff on when a few babies were upset

5 Likes

Having worked in all of the rooms in a daycare centre, as well as running my own home daycare, I can say a few things about this. We’ve often had children who will cry/scream for small reasons. In the tot room this will often cause fits amongst more than one of them. You’re usually 1-2 providers in that room depending on numbers and sometimes you have to take a minute to step back and console one child at a time.

One could be having a fit because they they wouldn’t sleep at nap time… they could be new there and not used to not having mom/dad around yet… you really don’t know the circumstances.

In my home daycare, I was able to cater to a child’s specific needs and rock them to sleep daily. In a centre, you generally don’t have one-on-one so it’s a bit challenging when parents don’t get their children used to falling asleep alone, being a tad more independent, etc (even I was a stay at home mom who rocked all mine to sleep every day and never really had them watched by anyone other than their grandmother). But these are all things you have to take into account, especially before judging.

If you have 3-5 tots under 2 in a room with you alone and a few of them started screaming what would you do? I’d honestly just speak to the provider or the supervisor at the site before making a big fuss over this.

5 Likes

Having worked in all of the rooms in a daycare centre, as well as running my own home daycare, I can say a few things about this. We’ve often had children who will cry/scream for small reasons. In the tot room this will often cause fits amongst more than one of them. You’re usually 1-2 providers in that room depending on numbers and sometimes you have to take a minute to step back and console one child at a time.

One could be having a fit because they they wouldn’t sleep at nap time… they could be new there and not used to not having mom/dad around yet… you really don’t know the circumstances.

In my home daycare, I was able to cater to a child’s specific needs and rock them to sleep daily. In a centre, you generally don’t have one-on-one so it’s a bit challenging when parents don’t get their children used to falling asleep alone, being a tad more independent, etc (even I was a stay at home mom who rocked all mine to sleep every day and never really had them watched by anyone other than their grandmother). But these are all things you have to take into account, especially before judging.

If you have 3-5 tots under 2 in a room with you alone and a few of them started screaming what would you do? I’d honestly just speak to the provider or the supervisor at the site before making a big fuss over this.

Also adding that when I worked in the centre, I had asked not to work in the same room as my child. However, sometimes you get placed in there one way or another. Whether it’s replacing someone or…

This babe was 7 months old? I would probably work in the same room as my infant if I was to return to work that early too. Especially if babe was newer to care.

4 Likes

Make mention to the daycare owner however I wouldn’t stress too much about it. Just keep eye for other signs first.

This is wonderful, and never my expectations. I still can’t believe what happened to me, I’m just happy today because of Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit

2 Likes

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18468 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingpay913.pages.dev/

2 Likes

Discuss it with administrator, what is child/teacher ratio, I would be concerned, consider a different day care for your baby

1 Like

Absolutely bring it up to someone at the daycare. And start looking for another daycare option in your area if neither you nor dad can be home with your baby because it sounds like this center may have a negligence problem. Always better to cause a fuss and have it end up being nothing than to ignore the issue and end up letting your kid get hurt or worse.

I don’t know. Babies can go from 0 to 100 real quickly. We also don’t know that said babies weren’t already tended to yet still crying. I babysat for a woman who told me just leave her daughter to CIO so she wouldn’t get used to being held/ coddled. She told me she was to be left to nap, no matter what.

5 Likes

Mrs Elizabeth James what can I say now to thank you for what you have done for me words can’t express how I feel when I received profits from your company Mrs Elizabeth James I never knew you existed on earth I would have be a millionaire by now but nevertheless now that I have meet you I can still thank God for leading me to come in contact with you thanks very much for your wonderful work Mrs Elizabeth James , contact her via to start earning
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

As someone who works in daycare I’d definitely bring it up to the director and ask why she was ignoring crying babies and why she was alone with them.

4 Likes

Also the general rule in most daycare is you can not take care of your own child

7 Likes

Tell the fucking director

I wouldn’t bring it up just yet, but I would definitely keep my eyes open. You walked in when her child was content, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t one of the screaming babies 30 seconds prior. She should have been talking to the other babies and assuring them they were ok and trying to calm them down, but you can’t just rock a baby until they stop crying and put them down immediately or they will start crying again. Ask yourself how you would feel if it wasn’t her child she was rocking. If it was her own child on the floor crying and she was rocking one of the other babies who were content, would it still bother you as much?

4 Likes

If youve never worked in a baby room at day care. It’s absolutely impossible to have them all soothed simultaneously. All the time. If you are alone.

16 Likes

If all trading platform are perfect as Mrs Elizabeth James, the world would have been a better place for all, I just got my first profit successful from Mrs Elizabeth James company platform and I want to encourage others to develop the habit of investment because it pays a lot, online investment has been my major source of income especially since the day of stay home period, if you are interested contact her
:point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5::point_down:t5:

Always ALWAYS bring up any and all issues with the daycare!

5 Likes

Having worked at multiple daycare and churchcares/children’s church/infant and toddler care. I can say crying babies are a domino effect. One baby starts crying, then two, the. They’re all screaming almost like a competition to be the loudest. My first job, when I was so naive and young, my and my coworker, both 17, were illegally working with 1-20 ratio of toddlers and infants EACH. When the domino effect happens with the infants, sometimes you got to find the quiet one to keep your sanity. And with toddlers…oh baby!

2 Likes

unacceptable! And when I worked in daycare. If there was a child especially in the infant screaming and not attended too, another teacher would jump in the room to help. I would be pissed too, and I’d bring that to the head persons attention.

100% not even a question

I would mention something . I would never hold one of my own and let another baby just cry :cry:

They shouldn’t leave one person alone w the infants period. Whether it’s her child or not. That’s the problem but if I was a worker I would prob let my child cry lol and take care of the other two or tell those other two only one break at a time cause she can’t handle it

8 Likes

Why were 2 of them on break at the same time? That would be my concern

31 Likes

Saying I was brought up with… believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see…

2 Likes

U sound like a wailing Karen …GTFU…I honestly think ur a thirsty liar seeking pity from ppl on this feed

13 Likes

Always bring up issues. If your mama gut is telling you to. Do it.

11 Likes

I work in daycare and it’s impossible to hold all 3 babies if that’s what you wanted to see… maybe you came in when she finally calmed one down and was going to get to the next two…
Parents think we are super woman but there’s only so much we can do :frowning:

31 Likes

Get a job yourself at the day care and rock the babies that you think should be rocked. You’re being harsh judging someone else on how they do their job when you don’t even know the facts about the situation.

23 Likes

It needs to be brought up. I worked at a daycare that was severely understaffed but it’s actually not allowed for you to care for your own child as a daycare teacher. The place I worked at literally got shut down because they were doing stuff like this after it got reported to DHS.

5 Likes

You have no clue what goes on in daycare most only have one person in infant room all day so most are screaming

2 Likes

There should’ve definitely been more than one person in the room but her baby could’ve been upset first and she was consoling him first. Never know what really happened. I would definitely say something though. The other two shouldn’t have been on break at the same time.

3 Likes

The daycare I worked at had to follow a state guideline that said for every X amount of children in the room requires X amount of workers in the room. The director was there everyday doing the background things (getting meals prepped, cleaning, getting the bigger kids activities set up) but she would rotate us out for breaks and she would take our spot for however long our breaks were. Then when everyone had taken their breaks she would go back to the background things. I believe it was also a rule that you could not be in a class with your own child if they were in the daycare too. So if I had my son with me, I couldn’t watch the 1-3yo class. I don’t know if it’s a state rule or just a rule that daycares have, but I believe it’s mostly so you keep your attention on all the kids under your care and not focused on what your child is doing all the time. I would research the laws in your state regarding how many providers need to be present in ratio to how many children are in a class and bring up your concerns to the director of the program. But as someone mentioned above, there is the domino effect in which one baby starts to cry and it sets off a sort of chain reaction between them all. It could have been that her child had started crying first and the rest followed and she had just gotten her child calmed down when you walked in. Also you said you’ve never seen her before, which means she was new and maybe didn’t know what to do once they all began to cry. To me though, if she was new, shouldn’t have been in the younger class and been placed with the older kids and also she should have been shadowing a worker and not be left alone while 2 workers went on break at the same time.

6 Likes

It was so nice of you to offer to help since clearly 3 babies needed l attention. Worker was still attending to one.

7 Likes

If u think babies don’t cry or are not attended 100 percent at daycare you are living in LA la land

8 Likes

I raised 5 children and now have 13 grandchildren and if your morherly instinct made you feel insecure I would definetly voice my concerns to management.
Side note: My suggestion for this day and time would be to put your child in a daycare that you can monitor the classroom on a daily whenever you feel the need to do so! It really helps…(not saying things don’t happen but just maybe a little more cautious when you have a camera on you all day.)

8 Likes

Most daycares put employees’ children with other employees to prevent the illusion of favoritism.

6 Likes

There are a few things to unpack here, but most of all… its not your business. We as parents find it difficult to attend to our children’s every need, so we can’t expect daycare workers to be super heros either. You don’t know the circumstances, you just happened to walk in the room. If you feel it’s necessary to report, then go ahead… but if it was an isolated incident I would let it go…

3 Likes

You likely came in at a bad time. This happens often, she likely just calmed the 1 child down and the other 2 had started up due to the other freaking out. This happens all too after, my parents own a daycare center and I sub for them as needed and this has happened to me. I will calm a upset infant but they trigger the other babies and I am left with now the calm baby and 2-3 more crying babies to deal with because ratio is 1 adult to 4 infants. And while it may seem I am rocking a calm baby you didn’t see that baby being the first to be upset and now the other 2-3 babies are now upset and want to be held too

14 Likes