Advice on a non formula milk for a toddler?

Whole cow’s milk is superior in nutrition and has been found to digest easier. Almond/soy/oat do not have the nutrition to meet a child’s needs and are inferior nutritionally to whole (labeled Vitamin D in the store) milk.

3 Likes

My toddler has reflux and she drinks regular homogenized milk (3.25%). Our urologist has her kn restorolax daily and she has been for months due to chronic constipation and screaming in pain while pooping. Its been a life saver in terms of pooping for her and she can drink regular milk without issue. You could talk to your little ones ped, even to get suggestions on different milk.

Almond milk, its sweet and easy on my tummy but everyone is different. If you do decide to try it start out with a small amount and wait and see(like 24hrs) if it bothers him

Try sweet aphadophilus milk (may not be the correct spelling). I have 3 kids that all had reflux. Its easier on the digestive system than any other milk.

Pick something and stick to it for a few weeks… let the body adjust to the change. I’d give apple or pear juice for constipation, or we did warm bath followed by lotion and belly rubs, you can YouTube them, but I’m telling you, our so.e had casts from his feet to his hips to correct clubbed feet, he was always in pain and constipated, the ortho suggested we try a chiropractor, he is now almost 2 and every time he is at the chiropractor, within 15 min of leaving his diaper is full. crazy… chiropractors arent for everyone, but try the belly rubs…

Almond milk! Stay away from animal products! Those are meant for baby animals NOT for humans!

3 Likes

Ripple Brand Plant based milk.

For my milk allergy sufferer I used almond milk but as she’s got older (now 3) she wasn’t finishing or wanting her milk. Then the ship didn’t have any so I bought oat milk. Turns out she much prefers this and my 14month old seems to prefer it to cows milk. I use it on her cereals etc as they really like sharing food but swapped to it for bottles as well as she doesn’t seem keen on cows milk.

Dark karo in his milk. Just a little. My daughter was the same way and thats how our dr told us to prepare her milk.

Acidophilus milk… it works wonders against constipation from regular milk in kids

Try the enfagrow for toddlers. My daughter was on enfagrow gentlease and she transitioned nicely onto this one. Cows milk is mostly fat.

My grandson is on vanilla coconut milk. He’s 12 months.

1 Like

We used goats milk and pediasure. Goats milk is easy on the belly

1 Like

Almond or Cashew milk is the only thing my smallest can tolerate

We made a goat’s milk formula from a recipe I found online. Daughter loved it. It’s supposed to be easier on your stomach and digestion

Milk is gonna do that. Add prunes to his diet at the same time. It’ll work itself out.

My dr said vitamin d milk at 1 year old and when u start them off mix what they are currently drinking

We get lactose free milk through WIC because regular milk constipates mine too

My son likes the unsweetened coconut milk but there’s no protein so we have to make sure he gets enough through the day with regular food. Coconut milk has enough of the fat needed for babies a year!

Constipation is normal after switching to regular milk at 15 mths old put a little Karo syrup in it occasionally when he has a bottle about 3 times a week.his intestinal system takes time to adjust to changes

I gave my kids normal milk from the age of 1. Didn’t see any reason to give anything else.

We use Fairlife my daughter has the same issues