Advice on Disney vacations?

MAMAS WHO HAVE BOOKED DISNEY VACATIONS- what are your tips and tricks for where to stay (FLORIDA) what to do (schedule?) and must-haves for a week of fun! My daughters will be 2 1/2 and 6 months when we go. First time for my daughters and husband Go!

3 Likes

Use Lauren Brown Thompson to book everything for you!

Cassandra Neal you might be able to get some good advice from this thread!

1 Like

Following! We’re planning to go in July. 1st time!!! But our rooms are covered :clap::clap:

Get the meal plan!!! Food is so expensive so it’s well worth it. We stayed at Art of Animation and loved it. Lots of fun decorations for little kids. My favorite restaurant is Ohana in the Polynesian resort. Also, pack water bottles and snacks to bring with you into the park. Check out Travelmation - Kristin Petersen, Specializing in Disney Destinations Her services are free!

1 Like

My parents took me when I was 5. Don’t remember a thing even with all the pictures they took. Looks like I had fun

6 Likes

Why would you wanna take them this young? They won’t remember it when they’re older,and most likely won’t be able to ride they rides being too small and short in height/weight. Not trying to cause drama and all,but just asking a serious question. In my opinion its money wasted due to those factors,but it’s your life do what you want. Just trying to ask an honest question?( Really not trying to bash,I’d just hate for them and you to miss out due to those factors aswell as waste money,when you can save and go when their older and bigger to ride the rides.Really just wanted to ask that question)

10 Likes

Grocery delivery such as garden grocer.

Stay on the board walk and do the meal plan! Also download the Disney app and plan your easy pass rides early, as well as book dinners. Like 6 months early.

2 Likes

6 months is young…lots of water and extra clothes hat fof the sun blanketg to block sun on legs if needed… I stayed at Coronado Springs. Its was nice be sure to bring or buy umbrella stroller

Holly Moltisanti Ramey

I took my 4 year old and 8 month old… their grandmother came to stay back 2 of the days with the little one. GreAt family memories…sleeping was hard as my little one wanted his crib. … just make sure u ask for pack n play or go buy one once your there.

I’m waiting till my daughter is 5. Anytime under 5 would be a hassle. I went with my husband before we had a baby.if you go make sure you pack some food if you dont wanna eat at their expensive restaurants. We only ate at the one in animal kingdom and universal studios. Prices are crazy. When you go to animal kingdom do not miss out on the lion king show & the disney light show at magic kingdom.

You will have good times and struggles . Have fun !! Disney and water parks my 4 year old loved

Honestly I would wait until they are at least 7 that’s when they get to really have fun and remember! I have never been to Disney World only Disneyland and personally it was way over priced and the kids didn’t have that much fun because of long lines, heat, the 2 year old was cranky all day because most of the times was in the stroller and it was so crowded! I can’t imagine Disney World being any different!

2 Likes

We went through the Disney website and stayed at an on-site hotel so we wouldn’t have to travel back and forth every day.
We managed to save a little bit by going during a slow season and booking through their website with some of their deals for package bundling.

My daughter is almost 20 months and in March, it will be her 3rd time going. Definitely stay on resort because it allows you to go back to the hotel for an afternoon nap. (We didnt stay on resort one trip and I would never do that again). We stayed at Pop Century and will be staying at All Star Movies in March. The best part is, your girls will be free! So don’t feel guilty. They won’t remember the trip, but as they get older, they will love to look at pictures and hear stories about when they went.

I am anoverplanner, but have learned to take things as slow as the baby needs them to go. We missed out on things because she was napping, but that is okay. Just take it slow and try not to plan to do everything. Also, jump on Pinterest or Google Disney tips and tricks. Oh, and definitely book through an agent. Disney agents are free to use and will be able to help you tremendously.

Find a Disney certified travel agent.
I used Tink’s Magical Vacations. They are free. I believe they get paid from Disney off commissions or something like that, but they are free to the traveler. They can help plan your trip and they have a lot of good suggestions and tips. They can also schedule your reservations and buy your tickets.

make sure you book your fast passes ahead of time for what you really want to go on! it will save a lot of time!

We booked an air bnb it was great

Dont go in July or August pick a time like late april may sept or october the crowds are less the weather is beautiful. I live a little over an hour from Disney and we avoid it in July & August.

They won’t enjoy it. Wait & GO when they are older

2 Likes

Get one of those misting fans! It’s hot out and they will get fussy if they’re too hot

Stay on Disney property for sure! They will pick you up from the airport & drop you back off when your trip is over. The resorts are all so clean & all the staff is overly accommodating. Plus if your in the park,it’s not a long bus ride back to the resorts vs trying to find your car & drive to an offsite hotel. We went last year for my daughters 2nd birthday then again for her 3rd birthday last week,we love Disney!

Stay at a resort if you can. If you’re military, shades of green. We have gone to Disney around 10 times since having both of our kids. There is plenty to do with young kids. You’ll be surprised by how many rides they can go on. Eat breakfast at the hotel, breakfast and dinner was included in our package, go to the parks for a few hours, come back to the hotel room. Let kids nap eat lunch. Go back to the park early evening for a couple more hours…repeat. If you get park hopper and plan on going to all of the parks. Magic Kingdom at least 1 full day if not 2. Hollywood studios 1 day, animal kingdom you can go through in half a day, and epcot 1 day. Download Disney app and link your hotel and tickets. You can reserve and/order food from your phone. You can get fast pass tickets on the app i think you can do 3 fast passes a day per person.

Use the meal plan. Wayyyy worth it.

Palm the kids off and bail with the other half.

They aint going to remember nothing.

Stay on site for the best experience and don’t forget the dole whip!

Ignore everyone saying dont waste money on the kids. It’s totally worth it to see the magic in their eyes! Look for Disney World FB groups. People in them usually have a lot of advice! Look in the annual pass holders groups also!

I recommend staying in a WDW resort, you can do a dining plan, book fast passes sooner, and have access to extra magic hours at the parks!
Plan ahead! Guests staying at WDW get access to Fast passes sooner than those who are not. Plan your park day based upon extra magic hours, sometimes the park opens an hour or 2 earlier, sometimes it closes an hour or 2 later. We went one yera and got to stay at Magic Kingdom until 2am! It was amazing bc the park was almost empty! No wait time for rides or any character meets! Decide which characters, if any you want to meet and look at their locations and schedules. Not all characters are at every park.

Expect meltdowns… Not just the children, but you and your husband. It is Florida, and depending on when you are going, it can get REALLY hot. Also it is a SUPER busy park. More-so during times of school breaks and the holidays. Pack snacks to keep those hangry moods at bay. Do not leave anything you don’t want stolen unattended, including strollers, blankets, and balloons! Unfortunately not all people are honest. Stay hydrated. Stay cool; consider ice packs in a small lunch bag. Bring in a refillable bottle for water; you can get free ice water at the quick service dining locations.

Just saying I’ve taken my daughter at 5 6 and 7 she had a blast at all ages. Don’t listen to these people take your kids Disney.

I say use a travel planner who becomes a concierge service for you before, during, and after your trip. They provide you with all of the best tricks and tips because they breathe, eat, and sleep Disney. They take the guess work out of every part of the process from what to pack, to where you should eat, and how to navigate parks. The best part is “earmarked” professionals are free to use!

Contact Miranda Snow Benson. She is a Disney Vacation Rep. She knows everything you want to know about Disney.

I would be happy to work with you to plan a vacation, I have been visiting Walt Disney World for 40 years, both as a kid, Mom, and soon I will be taking my grandson. My services are free to you!

1 Like

Dont go at Christmas time not a good time and doesnt matter if you have fast passes or not we took our kids about 10 years ago it sucked and my son took his family this past Christmas they stay on the resort for 3 days and could go to as many parks as thry wanted he said they rode about 5 ride and tbe fast passes was a joke still had to stand in line for over 2 hrs he said it was worse then when we went

We saved a ton of money not staying at the resorts

Dont take little kids. Its torture for them to be strapped in strollers, in lines, in heat, terrified of people in huge costumes. Its silly. Save money and go in a few years or leave them with Nana Papa and go with your hubby :wink:

6 Likes

Kids are too young to be out in the sun and humidity, in line for hours at that age, and to not remember it. Leave the kids and take your husband, or wait until the kids are 8 and 6. Then get a Disney certified travel planner. It really is a WHOLE thing to plan out those vacations. They will give you discounts and a billion suggestions and all the options and pricing.

1 Like

Horrible idea! Keep in mind that Disneyworld is constantly packed with people from all over the country. Its super germy. Not to mention Florida is super hot and not dry hot, but wet hot. The kids arent going to want to be strapped in a stroller all day long in the sun. I think you should save a few thousand and wait.

2 Likes

Wait till they are bigger. So they can’t actually enjoy the experience.

1 Like

Wait until the youngest is at least 5, that way they will be old enough to remember the experience and you won’t have to tote a stroller and diaper bag.

Passholder mama here…take full advantage of the baby care centers there! Sometimes little ones just need a break from all the excitement and the baby care centers are perfect. Always very clean and not sure if you’re nursing but they have nursing rooms there too (those were a lifesaver for me when my youngest was still nursing).

We stayed at the pop century. We also went to one park a day. The whole bus thing can’t get pretty overwhelming. With kiddos that young. You would probably have to go back to your room for nap time.

Our family loves the All Star Resorts!

At those ages you are going for yourself :joy:

I swear people are so negative!!! GIRL TAKE YOUR KIDDOS WHATEVER AGE! So what they won’t remember YOU will!!! #HatersgonnaHATE But here is some tips!!! Go thru agent for real ours had free dining recently… Make sure you do fast pass for newer rides!!! Man thing just have FUN! #Disneymagic

They are way too young. A trip at this age is for you not the kids. Wait 3-4 years if you expect the kids to remember anything about it or appreciate. Otherwise be prepared to spend a lot of money stand in a lot of lines with cranky kids that could care less. Not trying to be rude but realistic.

9 Likes

Save your money for a few years. Take the kids when then are old enough to get some thing out of it…

5 Likes

I took the grandkids last year 9-6-3. Nine year old in heaven two younger kids wanted nothing to do with any of it. Lines waiting had more fun camping at Disney Fort Wilderness with them. Movies private Disney Character appearances with out the crowds

Universal is going to be “to big” as there is height restrictions. Go to Magic Kingdom, do 2 days but don’t schedule out every day you are there! We scheduled 2 days in parks, 1 day off at the resort (we did not stay at a Disney resort)

Word of advice go thru a travel agent.
Stay in a resort in the park because you get tons of accommodations than you staying outside of the park.
Free transportation for the whole week. If you go thru an agent you have magic hours which allows you to go in before the park opens and leave after everyone else has left.
Your babies are tiny so make plans on how you will take them into shows etc. Many attractions do not allow you to take strollers or buggys inside.
Park allows you to take small snacks and small bag of bottled water. Take breaks. Do not wear new shoes. And just have fun!

Most definitely 2 days at universal 1 day at Sea world and 2 days at Magic kingdom we were not impressed with Animal kingdom or Adventure island but it all depends on preference…Have fun and wear comfortable shoes lol

Wait about 4 years. You will be waisting a lot of money.

1 Like

I’d suggest that you wait to go until your kids are at least 5. I can’t think of any rides for very young kids.

1 Like

When are you going? I live in the area and knowing when you go, makes a difference.

We went thru a travel agent…Mickey World Travel - Jeanne Bancroft

Amazing.

But we overbooked ourselves and ended up making our trip more low key!

1 Like

2.5 and 6 months???..wait 3 or 4 years then go.

4 Likes

Boy, wish I had that money to blow Bc that’s exactly what you’ll be doing with kids that young!

1 Like

Check out the baby center, every Disney park has it. It has changing tables, High chairs for feeding, breast feeding rooms, a little potty, and they sell necessities like diapers and formula in case you forgot some. Also check out the fast pass access on your phone, once you get tickets connect to the app and you can get fast passes, really good when you’re with kids. I’ve travelled to Disney world a couple times and these were things i stuck to. Lots of sunblock, PATIENCE, and just enjoy :blush:

Depending what time of year and what resort you stay you can get the a free dining plan . I would definitely invest in the memory maker . That way you don’t have to bring a camera and you get some really cute pictures.

Erika Cristina Feliciano-Nieles

1 Like

Jamie Weitl, Travel Agent - Pineapple Escapes, Fairy Tale Concierge

1 Like