Advice on getting full custody?

Stop letting this man pop in and out when he pleases. Either set up a plan and visitation WITH supervision or cut him out completely. Your son is just going to be confused the older he gets with this man coming and going out of his life.

This is a toxic situation! Protect your child and yourself.

Been through the exact same thing, but opposite. I have custody and the mom was the one who has “issues”. All comes down first and foremost, you have to protect your child. Someone who isnt a constant, shouldnt be there at all. I learned by calling counselors at every step, second guessing every decision, but now am the proud dad of an awesome smart 16 year old…so thinkin i got part of it right…

You will want joint custody with you having SOLE RESIDENTIAL. custody…

If he’s not pushing the issue to see him and I wouldn’t and I’d make him take me back to court. Be sure to keep a calendar write everything on the counter on the date occurs it holds up better in court.

GET A LAWYER! DO NOT TRY AND DO THIS ALONE! I was in a situation while pregnant with my son last year and was considering taking my boyfriend to court. Long story short we have allot in common but the most important thing I learned is if you can definitely get a Lawyer. Fighting this alone the court’s will take how you feel into consideration but that doesn’t make anything concrete.

Getting sole custody is extremely hard these days

Get a lawyer and go to court same thing happened to me with Myra

Granddaughter her mother’s rights were taken away and we finally adopted her

You file in ur state as that is where the child lives. U will need his last known address to serve papers, if he doesn’t respond it goes into default. As for ur son let him love his dad, he will eventually see what is going on. My 13yr old son just realized this yr that his bio dad is a pos and told him that himself and that he doesnt want to talk to him ever again. He wants my fiance to adopt him as he has been daddy since he was 4yrs old.

I would say he’s an ass for being in and out, for not paying child support, for not pitching in more for clothes and such needs. BUT I don’t fault him for doing the fun stuff with him when he has him.

Why is everything always about money :woman_facepalming:

You need to file for custody in the court of your hometown. They can tell you everything you need to know and do as far as filing and going to a court date. As for your sons father, good luck. My daughter is 17 and her dad has bounced in and out of her life since day one. I have a court order for child support against him but he has never paid. He currently owes me almost $40,000 in the courts really don’t seem to want to do anything with The fact that he doesn’t pay. My daughter loves her father and when she was little she always wanted him. I never kept her from him unless I deemed it to be unsafe for her. Now that she’s older she sees what kind of man he is and how he has never helped with anything when it comes to her. And now she is the one who really doesn’t want anything to do with him. All I can say to you is use your judgement. If your son is constantly getting his heart broken and you don’t have a court order for the father’s visitation rights then you do not have to let him see your son. As your son gets older he will make his own decision about his father and if he wants him in his life.

Will your new husband adopt them? Maybe talk to the childs Dad and see is he will sign papers if the husband will adopt.

1 Like

ive so been there done that in long run when popped back in at age of 15 my son told him to drag his ass you werent there for me than dont need you now ! i never be littled nor spoke ill of his father in front of him kids eyes are open they arent fools youll be just fine

damn $75 a week?! I got $95 a month from my ex…

The thing about your son is his father even though he’s a deadbeat dad he’s making some effort to be in your sons life so that you might just kind of have to suck it up and deal with him paying whatever and also like you can’t terminate custody because he’s not paying child support consistently.
Your daughter You might want to consult your states legal advice and referral center there’s usually some free legal advice available around how long no contact has to happen before you can terminate parental rights through the court system.

Step parent adoption.

1 Like

I understand. But he can get away with it because that’s he’s Morals. There’s nothing you can do about it. I’m sorry it’s you and your family that has to bare the burden of him not stepping up in the way he should.

You file in your state and serve them threw mail

1 Like

Take him to court n garnish his wages and ask for more.

As your son grows up, he will see his father for what he really is. It is best not to complain to much about him in front of your son.
I told my sons, your father loves you the best that he knows how, he just isn’t a very good father.
Tell your son that you know that his Dad loves him but he is not very responsible and often doesn’t come though with necessities. But do not dwell on it.

Go to you local court. Go to family and child services. They can help address all your questions. Its different laws in each state.

You went threw a whole story bout baby daddy number 1 to ask about baby daddy number 2. More than likely u can get full custody if he isnt even in the pic. But if you just don’t won’t him there at all due to his lack of parenting…your husband can legally adopt her and they will give him time to either fight it or sign his rights over. Different laws for different States so ask a lawyer.

4 Likes

Go to court for him not paying child support they’ll start taking it directly from his paychecks. Otherwise yes that’s what child support is for to help raise the kid financially but if he isn’t paying I’d be filing for contempt in withholding CS.

Babysitter at 12? Maybe go to court and motion an increase and at current age money wouldn’t “have” to go to babysitter. Your child will eventually see who has truly been there. Maybe ask the father if he wants to relinquish his paternal rights and have the support stop all together. I raised my two girls without a dime of support from their father because he’s “disabled” and does side jobs under the table! And when the girls ask for anything he says he can’t, because he’s only one person and has to take care of himself and blames me for leaving him…Wish you the best!

LAWYER …each state is different and you need counsel. First visit is free by most but make a list of the important questions and be prepared to do most of the work. It’s your job to bring in evidence or other items needed in your case. Taking non legal advice can be dangerous or you could loose your kid/kids due to the advice.

Leopards don’t change there spots child support and visitation custody are very different things in Australia get your daughters father to sign over his parental rights