Advice on handling family about my son being gay?

Maybe you should ask your kid if he is first. Then work on a way to tell your family. If they act like assholes… I mean if it were me personally I would stop talking to my family. My child’s happiness and feeling of acceptance by their family is important. If my family can not support my child properly. Baiiiii

Personally, I feel like who my gay child is attracted to is no ones business (and same as my heterosexual children). It has nothing to do with others and is of no consequence to them. In the same way that others are not required to over analyze or justify their attractions, my child is not required to either regardless of whether it’s unexpected. I will not stand for people trying to make my daughter’s preference about themselves, it’s not at all. If they want to ask her questions about her crush in the same manner as they ask my hetero child, harmlessly conversing, that’s one thing. But if it becomes anything beyond making normal and supportive conversation it’s done. As a bisexual woman myself, I advocate for her strongly as I feel like I caught a lot of flack and needed protection from others at that age. I’m clear on appropriate boundaries regardless of their role in my child’s life.

My daughter is gay and came out to me when she was in the 6th grade. When she was in high school, she came out publicly on social media. My brother and SIL are “Christians” and said awful things. I put them in check pretty quickly and we haven’t spoken to them since. Love your son and to hell with anyone who doesn’t love and accept him!

U guys are strange if any my children and there mother was not feeling good n the head then nothing matters but your daughter

My 16 yr old daughter is gay. When I told my family I got some negative comments. I told them I don’t want to hear your shxx! She is my child and you will not talk bad about her regardless! I stood by my child I told them if u love her u will except it regardless of how you feel. I love her and I will except it regardless and so should you. Everyone excepted it and things are normal now. It’s been over a year now.

I’m Christian and in no way have ill thoughts or mistreatment towards my gay relatives. Dont undercut your family so quickly. They might surprise you.

Please read entirely:
As a Christian, homosexual is a sin. With that being said so is most other things we do in this life. According to genisus, we are not to eat leavened bread, the prime cuts of meats are reserved for the priests. One sin is equal to another in the eyes of God. So if any of your family has had a hamburger, they are just as guilty according to scripture.
The difference in my eyes is a homosexual is sinning out of love, we go to burger king out of gluttony.
Let he without sin throw the first stone. If they have a problem with him, it is their loss.

It’s your son it’s not up to your family to accept it it’s no ones buissness

Christianity doesn’t equal anti gay.

Fuck your family and love your son unconditionally

6 Likes