Advice on recovery after a c-section?

I was hoping you could put in a question for advice postpartum C-section recovery. My daughter just had a C-section and I’ve always been more active in these groups than she ever has so I thought this would be the best place to ask.

If you have to laugh, cough or sneeze, put a pillow against your stomach. I kept quite a few pillows near so I could just grab if needed.

1 Like

Don’t just lay around! Gotta move around some! Walk to the end of your driveway and back and then rest a bit. Cough with a something against your belly! Take stool softeners!!! Drink water!!! Don’t lay flat in bed your first few nights home, it will hurt to pull up when getting up, sleep on an incline/or prop pillows behind you or maybe in a recliner a couple nights.

Best advice is get moving. I’ve had 3.
With all 3 walking around and moving does your body wonders with healing. It helps get rid of the gas pains, helps circulation for getting rid of swelling, etc.

Take it easy but make sure you walk as much as you can, take fiber and stool softeners, cough holding a pillow, drink as much water as you can and take the pain meds when they’re due.

Take the stool softeners! so important, I did lidocaine patches around my incision (NOT ON) and it hardly hurt at all, took the pain away. Pillow to your stomach if you need to laugh or cough, roll to get out of bed. Don’t try to just sit up. Walk as much as you can, it really does help. For real, stool softeners are like my top need lol

Take it easy. I definitely had a hard time recovering and needed as much help as I could get thankfully I was able to stay with my parents while my fiancée was a work and my mom helped a lot.

I’ve had 5. About to have 6th one in April. Belly band helps. Leggings. Underwear over the belly so it don’t rub on ur incision. To keep it dry I’ve put a pad over mine to keep dry and not get infected

Follow the post op instructions. I had a classical cut and thought I could easily handle sweeping my kitchen. I could not, I was in so much pain, I ended up pulling on my staples and made them bleed, just by trying to sweep. If it wasn’t for my mom and sister coming over to help, i don’t know what I would have done.

Take it easy. Take the stool softeners. If possible have someone with you for a bit afterwards. Walking helps. Comfy stretchy clothes.

Take it easy, walk as much as she can, cough while holding a pillow, take the pain meds, lots of water.

Take it easy. I’ve had 2 with no pain pills. It’s gonna be ok! Just take it easy and listen to the doctor

Pretty much everything said above, I loved my belly band, and the hospital gave me an antibiotic foam for the shower. you put it on above the incision and just let it rinse down

Everyone is different. Just because it happened to one don’t mean it’s going to happen to you.

Post-surgery she should be taking stool softeners because the pain meds will stop her up. The most miserable time for me was when I finally had to go and I couldn’t put pressure on the incision area so I had to hold a pillow and squeeze it to help. Sounds gross but I’m telling you it is miserable.

Also, tell her to walk as soon and as much as she can stand it in the hospital. It will be wretched misery at first but it gets easier. This speeds along the discharge, and she can get home to her own bed.

Lastly, she will need lots of help the first week or so with getting out of bed, cleaned up, sitting up to change or feed the baby, etc. She takes care of baby, everyone else should help and take good care of mama.

Everyone is different I had 2 csections I didn’t really have much pain after leaving the hospital and I didn’t take the pain meds. But defiantly follow the drs orders. My second I had pain but it was more like pulling my periods were worse. I ended up needing a surgery to separate my organs. I recommend the belly wrap the hospital wraps around you keep using it.

Take the pain pills on the regular, getting ahead of the pain is better than being behind it! Also, take the stool softeners! Don’t try to do too much, but do walk around a bit so your not just totally laying around. It helps you go to the bathroom. It’s good to have some one help you out of bed if possible