Advice on still being breech at 36 weeks?

Hi there, could you ask a question for me? Wanting to know any advice for women who’s baby was breech at 36 weeks… started googling and now freaking out …

6 Likes

My oldest was breech for a few weeks towards the end of my pregnancy and then flipped at 39 weeks.

1 Like

Babies can turn at the last minute! Don’t get nervous yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can see a chiropractor certified in Websters technique to help spin the baby. Also walking or bouncing on an exercise ball will help move baby into the right position. Otherwise the other moms are right. Sometimes they’re stubborn and done move until the last minute & when they’re ready

My babes was breach all the way until my water broke at almost 40 weeks. Then, when we got to the hospital and did the ultrasound, he was finally head down! We were all excited as that day they were going to attempt to turn him, and told me if it didn’t work we’d be going for an emergency c section

I believe they still have time to move in the womb. Your doc will turn them if need be.

My girl was breech at 36 so a C-section was scheduled for 39 weeks. Did ultrasound at the hospital on the day of and she never did turn. C-section went good and I’m really glad I didn’t try to go natural as her foot was by her head when they pulled her out.

My son flipped right before delivery… they massages my tummy and boom, in position:)

My daughter was breech up tell a week before I was induced (even though I needed an emergency C-section due to the cord around her neck )

My baby was breach the day before I went into labor. She flipped and i delivered 8/15\2020. Dont let it stress you out.

1 Like

You can carefully and strategically massage the belly to encourage the baby to move

I think it’s called spinning babies? Thats what I did

I was breach at 42 weeks he turned the 3rd hour of labor

Google told me to invert myself lol elbows on the floor knees on the couch

Go for a swim. Relax. We took my sister swimming & her breech baby turned

My baby was breeched and they didn’t check or tell me until I was already 12 hours into labor and said “oh that’s a foot!” :upside_down_face: I figured they would check that before having me chug castor oil shakes 3 days in a row. I did hear that some nurses and midwives can help your baby flip! Best wishes for a great delivery! :heart:

Give it time. It’s not uncommon for babies to turn right up until or even during labor.

My baby was breach most of her term. Flipped late and had a tight umbilical wrap.

Don’t freak out, my last 2 didn’t turn till 38

I did everything under the sun to get my 4th and last baby to turn. She was stubborn. I had a csection after 3 vaginal births.

Place an ice pack or a packet of frozen veggies on top of your belly, near the baby’s head. Hopefully, the baby will shy away from the coldness and turn in order to find a warmer, more comfortable position.It worked for me when my baby was breech. :blush:

2 Likes

It’ll turn around baby is being stubborn

Castrol oil and green tea is helpful

I was. Had to get her flipped before induction. The flipping was fine, the labor was not. Lol. Ended in a csection anyways.

They can flip last minute. Keep fingers crossed :heart:

Never google while pregnant! Lol it will have you convinced your gonna die, I was breached at 36 weeks, had the baby turned at 37 weeks. It was like an uncomfortable stomach massage. Then I had the wear a brace for a week to make sure he wouldn’t turn back. He was however born with a perfect knot tied in his umbilical cord… thats how much extra amniotic fluid he had in there with him

Don’t worry yourself too much. My baby was breech and lodged in my pelvic bone! She managed to get herself unstuck and turned around!!! Natural delivery and all went well!

I have 3 boys boy number one was breech at 40 weeks and the doctor turned him number 2 was head down but did not engage in the birth canal until the day i gave birth at 37 weeks and every visit the doctors were concerned that he would flip number 3 was breech untill 38 weeks then flipped himself and delivered vaginally at 39 weeks…those little buggers do what they want when they want. I have heard the exercises help but i did not try them myself

1 Like

My dr said there were exercises that you can do to flip baby. And they should also have info at your drs office on it. Ask questions they are more then willing to help.

Give it time. It’s not uncommon for babies to turn right up until and even during labor. Obgyns will often push to schedule a cesarean early and not give it time.

Googling anything is the perfact way to scare yourself silly. Ask your doctor or midwife. As stated above there are exercises and they will be recommended to you when and if your doctor/ midwife believes it nessesicery.

C–Section is always an option.

Mine was up to delivery but of course I was having a csection so mine came.out ass first 🤷

My second was still breeched didn’t turn until 37 weeks

I was still breech at 36 weeks. My OB did a version at 37 weeks and I delivered at 40 weeks. I would talk to your doctor about it

My baby was breech right upto pre delivery she flipped and was fine

I was breech till about then too and she just turned on her own pray about it good luck sweetie