AITA for being mad my husband and ex tag each other in memes?

AITA for being mad that my husband will not delete his ex on social media and they are constantly tagging each other in memes?

7 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. AITA for being mad my husband and ex tag each other in memes?

Yes. It’s a form of cheating.

18 Likes

How long were they together? Was their breakup cordial? If it’s just tagging each other on memes & not long, drawn-out conversations I’d say you’re overreacting. Don’t make life harder than it is. He’s with you now & that’s what matters.

3 Likes

What I will say is my husband is my best friend, so if we were ro divorce I cannot imagine the friendship ending. We have been married almost 16 years. However I can see where u are coming from.

2 Likes

Why is it that almost everyone says yes its wrong…like you can’t be friends with an ex? There is nothing wrong with still being friends and talking with someone who you had a relationship with.

3 Likes

It sounds like you need to grown-up. Some people can still be friends after a break up. He’s with you. You are showing jealousy and that can be a strain on your relationship too, tagging a friend in a meme is nothing- it doesn’t matter if they were together before, they aren’t now. Maybe they realized they made better friends than lovers

2 Likes

Depends on a lot. How long ago was the relationship? Have they just remained friends and were friends prior to being together? Some people just weren’t meant to be together and end up being good friends :woman_shrugging:t2: You’re entitled to your feelings but I personally wouldn’t care over something like that. It doesn’t make you an AH, but ask yourself if you’re either jealous or if there’s an actual reason to be worried or upset.

1 Like

No two relationships are the same. It wouldn’t bother me; my husband and I both have exes who are friends. Over the years they’ve all become mostly online friends we chat with every now and then, and we’ve always been honest with each other about those relationships…plus, neither one of us have ever been the jealous type. For US, this wouldn’t even be a conversation, let alone an issue.

But you’re not me. You’re not okay with it, and that means it’s not okay. It’s a boundary you’ve set and he’s disrespecting it.
Compatibility is super important, and this might be a way you’re not compatible with him. If he isn’t willing to change his behavior, you might be in for a long road.

1 Like

Imagine it was you doing it with your ex and your husband had to deal with it then no one would like that :face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m sorry some of y’all comments really sound crazy. To me personally it’s not ok to still be associated with your ex in any way shape or form. I don’t care if they were best friends prior. She saw that man at his intimate moments, saw him probably naked, probably had sex. Exes can always come back to get what they missed and them being friends probably still keeps a little spark alive in them both. Don’t let anybody on this post call you insecure or jealous for your feelings. Everybody has their own standards of living, if it’s uncomfortable to you then bring it up to your husband. Some of y’all need a reality check she’s only human and everybody has different ways of thinking. I’ll be damned if ya call me jealous because a man I’m dating still want to talk to his ex…

He’s married to you - be confident in his love for you!!

1 Like

Over all I don’t see an issue as it’s obvious they’re not hiding it from you. And there’s a lot more than just the memes you have to be mad about, right? As long as nothing is being hidden from you I don’t see a problem.

Are you the as**ole for being mad…no. But how are you expressing that anger is really the question to determine the answer

So much depends on this. I can’t answer. But overall it would make me uncomfortable

Depends on the meme. It’s great they’re still friends. If a meme reflects their expirences together I don’t see a problem. If it’s sexual or relationship themed I’d be running.

I am friends with a few of my ex’s. I pick who I want to be friends with and am not responsible for others insecurities.

If that’s how you feel you have every right to feel that way. No one can tell you how to feel about it. If you don’t like it talk to him. If it’s something you can’t seem to get past get rid of the man. There’s plenty of them.

no this is weird and disrespectful if it bothers you.

He is tagging her in memes. For all the world to see. He’d be the world’s biggest moron to do that AND be behind closed doors with her. Did you marry the world’s biggest idiot?

I would send him back to the ex asap

1 Like

Do you have any exes you can tag to?

1 Like