AITA for being upset that my husband didn't cry when I walked down the aisle?

My husband didn’t cry and absolutely worships me. Don’t worry about it

Oh boy. Did he at least have a smile on his face. I’m sure he did. Be happy. Don’t be so nitpicky. Wrong way to start off marriage

4 Likes

You’ve only been married a say and are already comparing yourself to his ex. Going to be long stressful marriage if you keep doing that.

2 Likes

Maybe he cried with his ex as he didn’t want to really marry her ? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

His first marriage didn’t work out, so what’s it matter if he cried? Lol
He chose you and chose to make a commitment to you despite the fact that he’s already been at the alter and it didn’t work out. Don’t compare marriages. You’ll be miserable your whole life.

3 Likes

Acknowledge your feelings to yourself and move on from being stuck in these thoughts. Thoughts aren’t always accurate. There’s something unhealed in you and this situation triggered certain feelings. It would be good to explore in therapy why that’s the case. Going to therapy should be as normal as going to the doctors for annual check ups (wellness checks) except therapy tube-ups need to be a lot more frequent than once a year. We all have crap we need to process from childhood or adulthood’s traumas, difficult circumstances etc.Most of us have lies in our minds that we believe about ourselves because of the ways we grew up etc. Don’t put this on your hubby, probably the deep seated cause of it has nothing to do with him anyways. Congratulations on your marriage.

12 Likes

Why fo you even know that detail of his last wedding? What was the need for him to tell you that?

2 Likes

Your wedding was yesterday and today you are complaining to a bunch of strangers. :-1:

10 Likes

Did u cry when u seen him ?

3 Likes

Yes you are. Stop comparing your wedding to the ex’s wedding, why y would you want it to be the same reaction. He was able to take it all in without crying: that’s amazing.
Enjoy your honeymoon, he’s with you not her.

9 Likes

Mine didn’t cry at all but he never ever does. Not even when we had our children so I wasn’t surprised. Maybe your husband was less nervous and more relaxed and happy.

My husband didn’t cry on our wedding day or our vow renewal we’ve been together 13 years and married 12 as of January 2023. He did smile both times. I wouldn’t have noticed if he cried the first time because I was too busy concentrating on walking and not tripping…I’m VERY VERY clumsy :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You need to get rid of your intrusive thoughts. Life’s much happier that way.

3 Likes

Literally the exact thing happened to me and I was honestly a little hurt/disappointed. I wanted him to be equally overwhelmed with emotion for me, too. It was more about changes with age. He knew exactly what he was getting into. He was smiling. He was happy and level headed. It was just a different feeling, but not “less than” what he felt the first time. Don’t be too hard on him or yourself.

1 Like

My husband didn’t cry when we got married or when we had our 5 kids. Been married 26 years and he’s the absolute best. Try not to compare the past to your experience or your marriages, it won’t bring anything good.

1 Like

Surely this is made up? Married a day and already whining to a bunch of strangers on fb :roll_eyes:good luck to your husband

2 Likes

He probably cried when the ex wife walked down the aisle because he had doubts. My husband didn’t cry when I walked down the aisle and we’ve been married 36 years! You are looking for trouble because of your insecurities. Let it go

I swear these women spend too much time online or just get married for social media If you wanted him to cry then you should have made sure you got the guy who would cry.

2 Likes

Girl, you do not want the same marriage he had with her or you will end up his ex as well. Please stop comparing your relationship to his ex. It will ruin your life. He CHOSE and is with YOU!! That is all the matters. He obviously loves you or he wouldnt have chosen to get married again. Getting married a 2nd time after knowing how difficult it is when a marriage fails is a big deal. Lots of people choose to never do it again. BUT he chose to marry you anyway. Let that sink in and go give your man a huge hug and kiss and tell him how much you love him. Stop letting his past interfere with your future. :heart:

1 Like

Don’t compare your marriage to his first marriage if he didn’t love you then he wouldn’t have married you, some men cry at different times, he chose you be satisfied with that…

1 Like

I can see this guy is in for it. Give it 3 months and he’s walking out the door

2 Likes

I mean he was younger and although he cried that didn’t work out. Crying doesn’t mean happily ever after

3 Likes

Us women are so difficult with the shit we put in our heads … Im not bashing im understanding this to …

Yea your def the asshole,just cuz he didn’t cry doesn’t mean he didn’t care…

I can see why you would have those feelings. Some people may judge you for that, but it would be easy to make that comparison. I think it’s all in the way you take it. Maybe he was scared to death to marry his first wife, maybe he was so confident in what he has with you sit there were no nerves and he just felt that it fit. Everybody shows grief and excitement in different ways at different times. I have a look at the positive side and then let it go. Because he cried at one and not the other doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. It’s just your perception. I encourage you to let it go and MoveOn and know your husband was so confident in what he has with you that there was no reason to cry or worry or wonder because he knew you were the one. My husband never cried when I walk down the aisle, but it was I and his first wedding. I didn’t have anything to compare it to. So in a nutshell you are comparing the ex-wife’s relationship with him and yours all because he didn’t cry. If you say it like that it seems kind of silly doesn’t it? He has moved on he is with you take comfort in that, he chose you.:heart::blush:

2 Likes

You had an unrealistic expectation. Not all men will cry. You’ve talked to him but obviously you don’t believe him. Why not?
If this a point of contention, I advise an annulment. He shouldn’t have to jump thru hoops when he married you.

4 Likes

Well I’m sure your friends know it now. Not all men cry at their weddings. Actually most don’t. Sometimes it’s just nerves that make them cry. Just drop it or you’ll be fighting over nothing

3 Likes

Not every husband cries when they see their bride coming down the aisle
This response in no way measures how they feel about their wife. Very self centred to make this all about you and showing much insecurity and immaturity to compare to anyone else’s marriage, including his first.
Very superficial in my opinion
You love him, he loves you, you are married. Don’t cause friction or resentment between you for nothing.
If needed find someone qualified to talk to. Congratulations on your life together

1 Like

I’m getting married next month and I’m pretty sure my fiancé won’t cry and I’m okay with that lol

1 Like

Nerves and stress can be part of this…just depends on how it hits people at different times…not all men enjoy showing emotion in front of everyone. Maybe he felt like it, but was able to hold it in…my husband didn’t cry, but I felt like it but I didn’t…doesn’t mean anything. Just your own emotions at the time.

They’re not together anymore right? Why does it matter if he cried during his first wedding? My husband didny cry and I don’t know any man who has cried getting married. I never even thought of this lol

2 Likes

Not sure it’s a great sign that your wedding was literally yesterday and you are sulking and already giving him a hard time :grimacing: You are obviously allowed to feel however you feel… But it’s kind of a great way to put a damper on things.

18 Likes

You need to give yourself and him a break. You’re entitled to your feelings, but you’re not being fair to him. He is not the same person he was when he got married the first time. Hopefully he has grown significantly as a person. He knows what marriage is now, whereas he didn’t know really what to expect the first time. You need to apologize to him and find the peace within yourself. Jealousy is not a pretty color on anyone.
Ps congratulations

So hear me out maybe he was embarrassed the first time he was married and cried over someone that I didn’t work out with. What if it’s like some sort of internal fear to be that vulnerable again. The fact that he was even willing to get remarried again shows that you were worth marrying in his eyes which is a big deal.

4 Likes

Idk about ahole but def dont compare marriages or people,that can lead to failure

Why compare his reaction between her and you? Why even go down that road? As someone who’s been married for a long time… I can’t imagine a 2nd wedding or 3rd, etc being nearly as emotional as the first experience. Nothing to do with the person but just kind of a he’s already had this experience and it’s not gonna hit the same. Remember he is committed to you and that’s all that matters… not if he cried or not lol

3 Likes

Maybe he cried like a baby at his first wedding because he knew he was making a mistake?

5 Likes

Oh boy you sound like your going to be needy already complaining

1 Like

Wait wait… his first marriage ended in divorce. Why would you want to emulate ANYTHING regarding that relationship? :thinking: it didn’t work out for a reason…

1 Like

Maybe he cried because he knew she wasn’t the one…. Honestly, he was a different person when he married his Ex. People change. It’s ok to start over. Focus on the moment.

1 Like

Oh for the love of Pete! Is this for real???

2 Likes

Sounds like this marriage is off to a wonderful start :roll_eyes::laughing:

2 Likes

I surprised him with the song that reminds him of his deceased mother (“best day of my life”, played by a local guitarist as the song for me to walk down the isle to. Never cried once, even when I was explaining in my vows about why I chose that song. I was so mad he didn’t shed a tear…

We are divorced now lol

You will never get beyond it if you are constantly trying to live up to the “First Wife”. You need to get over the fact that there was a woman before you or you won’t have any future together.

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your feelings but don’t let it negatively affect the beginning of your wedded life.

Comparison is the thief of joy. The more you compare yourself to his ex, the more miserable you’ll be.

3 Likes

I don’t know… my husband SOBBED seeing me. BOTH TIMES. (We had two weddings due to my dad being terminally sick). And I am his second wife.

Maybe he cried with her because he was foreseeing his future being married to her

You said it, you’re crazy!

1 Like

So you already think your marriage is doomed ? Do you think that YOU are mature enough for this marriage or was it about putting a big show on ? The past is the past but not if you carry it into the future.

Oh you are on the long rd of disappointment if this bothers you!!! Lmfao

5 Likes

Lmao what? Yikes why are you comparing your wedding with him and his wedding with his ex?

3 Likes

I could shed a tear right now… for that poor guy :smirk:

1 Like

This is just a crazy statement. I’m shedding a tear for that new husband of yours right now how ridiculous you are

You’re definitely acting crazy. He’ll be in search of his third wife in no time.

2 Likes

Don’t make a big deal out of it. A lot of husbands who cry when their wife is coming down the isle are also the same husbands who cheat/leave. It truly doesn’t matter.

You’ve already been comparing yourself to his ex wife. If she weren’t in your mind, you wouldn’t think twice about it.

My husband didn’t cry when I walked down the aisle either. My husband’s also not the emotional kind of person. I’ve only seen him cry a few times in the 14yrs we’ve been together. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Maybe he cried bc he had doubts with her or subconsciously knew she wasnt the one.

3 Likes

My husband got teary eyed but didn’t full on cry. I think that most women want there future husband to cry or tear up but it doesn’t always happen. I am my husbands second wife and he didn’t do that with his first wife. You can’t spend your life comparing yourself to others no matter what. It’s not a life worth living when you try comparing yourself to other people. Trust me I know. Sometimes my husband compares me to his ex and it pisses me off because I know I am nothing like her. After being married for 9 years now he doesn’t do it anymore.

When I got married my now ex wife looked stunning but I didn’t cry. It doesn’t mean he didn’t think you looked amazing I think your reading to much into it and he is probably feeling frustrated because your grilling him over something he can’t control

I mean in my opinion you’re living in somebody else’s past if you’re upset over him not crying like he did with his first wife. Circumstances are different maybe it’s because he was younger and more emotional maybe he just didn’t wanna cry . I kind of feel sorry for your husband & this marriage if you’re already whining about something so simple.

All of the people negatively commenting on this saying she is crazy is disheartening. Retroactive jealousy, not saying that is what she is experiencing, but, it is real. People with anxiety…ocd… adhd… our brains go a million miles a minute. We think of every single outcome good bad and otherwise we think of people’s body language, tone of voice, the thoughts never stop. This girl is wanting to know her feelings aren’t “crazy” to help ease her. She is not crazy, immature…nothing like that

8 Likes

So consensuses YES!! YATA!!:woman_shrugging:

My husband didn’t cry when I walked down the aisle, but cried when the best man gave his speech , I teased him about it :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

He was probably crying like a baby with his first wife bc he knew deep done he signed his life away :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Don’t compare your wedding to his last wedding!! Are you just going to compare everything to him and his last relationship you’re going to drive yourselve crazy!! He is with you now isn’t that what matters!! Move on and enjoy your new life’s together :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Leave the ex alone😅
Don’t try to put yourself in her shoes bc you won’t win. Start your relationship with the 2 of you instead of the 3 or you’ll be filing for a divorce sooner vs later. Also you’re cray.

6 Likes

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read in my life… No offense but if he bawled like a baby with his first wife you see how that turned out?!?!… I don’t think it has anything to do with you personally but just the fact that you’re upset that he didn’t cry Sends up a red flag for me and you’re already pissed off at the man on your wedding day because of that? And then you confronted him about it? Ma’am you better get it together or you won’t be married long I promise you that… This is your wedding day and that’s what the hell you’re thinking about and then you get upset with him about it and say something to him about it? If it were me I would’ve left your ass right there and ran out the church… Expecting that man to cry… Are you crazy? Check yourself… You’re showing your insecurity. It’s the audacity for me SMDH… And you should be upset with yourself not him… Damn shame… No offense but you sound like a entitled …__________ fill in the blank with whatever word you so choose. And this is your whole wedding day… You ruined it for yourself 100% none of this is his doing at all… People fail to remember expectations lead to disappointment lol… And I’m sorry in advance ma’am but it serves you right

He cried for the first knowing it was a big mistake. He didn’t cry for you because he KNOWS your the one and only forever and ever. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Girl get over it and stop comparing yourself to his previous relationships. Why do you even know the details of his first wedding to begin with :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

So he bawled when his 1st wife walked down the aisle. That marriage didn’t last. Perhaps now that he’s older, he’s in better control of his emotions? This is really nothing to be disappointed over.

1 Like

Your wedding was yesterday and you are posting …. What’s wrong with this guy? He is not keeping busy on day after your wedding?:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

It seems like you’re comparing both of his marriages and you want the same reaction he gave his ex wife. Wouldn’t you want a new version of him a version she didn’t have? Granted it can seem like he doesn’t care that much or whatever but he married you he no longer is with his ex wife. And he may not be as emotionally vulnerable as he once was. In my opinion yes you are the asshole for overthinking it. Don’t ruin a new marriage because you have insecurities towards his ex wife and his previous marriage. That was before you.

My husband and I both cried and it was both of ours second marriage. Everyone is different. You’re not crazy tho.

1 Like

People react differently to things. There is no right way to act. It might be helpful to explore your expectations and check if they are realistic. :slightly_frowning_face:

It’s not too late. Tell your husband he needs to g t an annulment and run far away from you.

4 Likes

He’s more mature now than when he married his ex I’m sure. And they didn’t last. Why make a fuss over that? And the day after you got married. Girl you are already showing signs of being a red flag. You are supposed to be taking this time to celebrate y’alls union and you are over here making the ex the center of y’alls marriage. Grow up. Apologize to your husband and enjoy being newlyweds. You and him will make and share all new memories.

4 Likes

Maybe he was happy this time lol

1 Like

I said my ex husband’s name wrong in our vows. Probably why we didn’t last.

1 Like

This is insane. You can’t get upset because someone didn’t react or feel what you wanted them too. Maybe that’s not how he felt. You should get into counseling and address this right away or life with be a huge disappointment and you will have a divorce.

3 Likes

You are a loon. SMH.

Don’t make a problem. Enjoy your life.

Maybe he was shocked that you actually looked as good as you did. Probably stunned and asking himself who the chic in the dress was? :joy:

2 Likes

There are no norms in relationships. Just because he cried before has no bearings on your marriage now. There is no yardstick to measure or compare your relationship to everyone elses - relax and enjoy your new marriage.

All my husband said was “you look nice” :joy:he’s just not that type of person. People change maybe he’s not a super emotional person anymore

2 Likes

Judging him , or judging YOU :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:
Yes , you are overreacting

2 Likes

Smh :woman_facepalming:t2: seriously :neutral_face: YES
You are being drama… like here is your crown :crown: :roll_eyes:

You really are gonna start your marriage out like this? are you going to compare yourself to his ex-wife your whole marriage because if you are you might as well just go get it annulment. 

You’re either crazy or your hormonal you should probably go get a pregnancy test.

5 Likes

Well why are you comparing yourself to her? Maybe it’s you who has doubts

2 Likes

She was probably less crazy

2 Likes

Really? When you get married for the 2nd time, I hope you have better things to do the day after your wedding.
Can you say, Drama Queen?

5 Likes

Lady get over yourself you marry this man I’m pretty sure getting dressed up and all of that change of pace crap you’re talking about it’s not new to him I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have married you. And I’m absolutely shocked at your audacity to be upset with him while you’re thinking about the ex-wife and his prior marriage on your own wedding day… I’ve never in my life heard of such BS and then you’re upset about it? Put the cookoo back in the clock ma’am… You have issues and I don’t know that you should be the one upset I think he should be I’m not sure that he knows exactly what he married… I know I wouldn’t have

2 Likes

Maybe he cried when his ex-wife walked down the aisle because he realized the mistake he was making. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Wtf? You’re on one thinking he should cry :woman_facepalming:t2:

Trust me none of your friends would be judging HIM :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

My dad died on my wedding day, and you’re upset that your husband didn’t cry when he seen you? Smh

4 Likes

Maybe he bawled cuz he didn’t wanna get married the first time? R u sure those were happy tears?!? :wink::grin::rofl:

3 Likes

He was probably crying at first wedding because he didn’t want to marry her :rofl: jk

I think you are entitled to feel upset that he didn’t cry but you shouldn’t be upset with him.

Just because someone cries at their wedding, it doesn’t mean it’s a great relationship and that those ppl are so beyond in love. Don’t believe me? Ask his ex lol

Congratulations on your wedding!

3 Likes

Half our wedding photos I look grumpy I think we were so exhausted😆I was so focused on not saying my vows wrong and my husbands ring wouldn’t go on because it was hot and I kissed him before they said you can kiss with nerves😆 neither of us cried xx

I didn’t cry either, probably why it’s ending in 3 weeks…

You walked down the isle and got married. Be grateful. Some of us can’t even get a text back. Seek therapy, babe.

10 Likes