AITA for not dropping everything for my kids to see their cousins?

Okay so I need to know if I’m wrong, my kids dad family lives 4 hours away. Okay cool. They don’t have anything to do with my kids normally. Well they decided they were coming up. I wasn’t informed until about an hour ago they were here and now they’re mad that I won’t drop whatever we doing to go see them. I’d like to see my kids cousins but I’m also pregnant and don’t feel really all that safe going around them with the past and being threatened with dhr and all. Idk if they’d try to follow me home because none of them know where I live. Or anything else drama wise happen. Am I wrong?

12 Likes

Nope I would b the same way. You gotta give more notice then that to people you may have plans yourself

1 Like

You are not wrong. You are perfectly fine to set boundaries. Respectfully, they could have called you when they hit the road…at least to give you a 4 hour notice. But, an hour… Please!! The audacity.

13 Likes

Fck them let em all stay mad I wldnt care an ounce

You may not have known that they were coming, but they knew that they were coming. If it was that important for them to see your children, they could have reached out to make plans.

16 Likes

Idk what dhr is but staying away sounds like a good decision. We support you, Mama. :heart:

4 Likes

No. Not in the wrong. I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. Next time tell them to give more notice

2 Likes

You are not wrong. They sure might follow you home.

2 Likes

You have plans and can’t make it. Call sooner next time.

2 Likes

not wrong. they knew they were coming.

2 Likes

What do your kids want? If they wanna see them, and you just don’t do it because of your own bs, then yeah yta.

1 Like

No! Tell them you already have plans and they need to give you more than an hour notice.

2 Likes

You don’t feel safe, enough said. Do whats best for YOU.

1 Like

Nope NTA! Your safety and that of your children and your peace is most important. Had they given you some notice you could have made arrangements to meet them somewhere, they CHOSE to just show up so to bad, so sad….that’s a then problem not a you problem.

2 Likes

Nope, your good! If it was so important you would have known way ahead of time; & would have been able to prepare for such an occasion.

Sounds like you and your kids need to stay away to me

2 Likes

I avoid and make it know so no, you are not!! :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

No, and it doesn’t matter if you are home doing NOTHING. They could had let you known prior, especially considering how uncomfortable you are, they have to be aware of that and why.

4 Likes