Allergy medicine safe for pregnancy?

What did you mamas do for allergies? My doctor said I can take Claritin or Zyrtec or use one of those nasal cleaners (like a Netty pot) the over the counter allergy medications are a joke and I can’t take the good stuff like Claritin-D or alavert D-12. No way in heck am I use the netty pot ick. Am I just supposed to suffer the of spring?

Edited to add // I am 25 weeks pregnant.

2 Likes

You could have mentioned you were pregnant… and how far along

If pregnant or nursing, a decongestant isn’t a good idea… it will dry your milk up

I take a prescription 10mg loratidine (generic for claritin). Use a nasal saline rinse (similar to a neti pot). THEY WILL HELP! If u don’t want to do either, then yes u will have to suffer. I took my allergy pill through 2 pregnancies & nursed my oldest till 2 & 1/2 & my 2nd
is nursing strong at 20 months

The D in Claritin-D is for decongestant and that’s why you can’t use it. Just use the regular Claritin or Benadryl.

Benadryl and tylenol are best for when sick also!

The neti pot actually works and it’s not terrible. Other then that Benadryl but it will make you sleepy

3 Likes

I found that Fexophendrine is the active ingredient that works the best for me. Nothing else works.

Benadryl or saline nose spray or zyrtec. My dr prescribed a low dose zyrtec and nose spray. U can call your dr and see if they will call u in something

Eww or not, get a saline spray and clean those sinuses out. Everytime I even feel like I’m getting sick I do this and I do not get sinus infections anymore (knock on wood).
I use arm and hammer simply saline. It’s so satisfying and instantly relieving.

I did Zyrtec in the morning and benedryl at night

Neti pot and chiropractor. Loratadine or benadryl as needed. This is what I do

My ENT prescribed me steroid nasal spray and prescription version of Allegra. It’s helped tremendously. I have crushed nasal passages and can’t breathe, got addicted to Otc nasal spray, and the combo of steroid spray and Allegra has just been a God send until I can get my nasal passages reconstructed.

When I was young it was benadryl and chest rub. I survived

When I take over the counter allergy pills I just take 2 or 3 depending on how bad they are (you’re supposed to take one) and it always does the trick.

i did a combination of claritin and tylenol allergy

Claritin d is what the dr recommended for me throughout all 3 of my pregnancies, that and Sudafed

Benadryl. I also was told to use the netti pot and couldn’t but did use the squeeze bottle one and it wasn’t bad. Def helped a lot

Your disgusted by a neti pot wait to see what comes out a baby… lol but for real being pregnant you’ll use what you can and suffer through the rest

I use homeopathics. If I take BioAllers Pollinosan March to October. It works well; it actually builds your immunity. Unfortunately it works best if you start taking it BEFORE allergy season & you have to remember to take it a couple times a day away from meals to start, but it DOES work & is safe for anyone. Available @ health food stores or online.

I just suffered through it. I was prescribed a nasal spray but it barely did anything. During the day I just suffered and at night used a humidifier to help me breath while I slept. If you don’t have a humidifier I’d recommend getting one anyways because they are also great for sick kids :slightly_smiling_face:

My daughter decided not to use the nettie pot. She suffered for about 3-4 months. She caved and finally used it and it and was surprised at hos it did hrlp

I use Sudafed PE for allergies as well as cold/flu symptoms. It IS safe to use while pregnant, and it is literally the only stuff I’ve found that actually works for me. I tried the Claritin D and the Allegra, and they didn’t do shit for me🤷🏻‍♀️