Am I being paranoid about not wanting people in my house?

Got into a huge fight with my fiancé last nite bc he invited his sister/husband to stay with us for the weekend in a couple weeks. I’m still deathly afraid of COVID and haven’t had anyone stay in the house since March or really even visit other than a quick necessary drop-by. Not even my mother has stayed with us. Am i being paranoid here or is anyone else back to usual and having a get-together at home. We’re in Texas if that helps.

53 Likes

You’re being paranoid.

10 Likes

Were in Illinois we’ve been living in life regular for a couple months

4 Likes

Respect covid don’t let it run your life

5 Likes

I would make them quarantine before coming, but I would allow them to come if they did.

1 Like

Trust your instincts.

4 Likes

Yes. You’re being paranoid.

13 Likes

I live in cut and shoot texas we have pretty much gone back to normal here. Nursing homes are back open hospitals back to normal too

3 Likes

We wear masks. Do not go out to eat like we used to. Nor church

2 Likes

It depends what you are comfortable with but we have been living semi normal. We visit family and they come to our house too. Take precautions but don’t let it control your life.

1 Like

No you are not. You are only advocating for your health and no one should put you down do that. A home is your safe place where you shouldn’t have to worry about the outside world. I am doing the same thing!

24 Likes

You are doing the right thing. I think if they take precautions and you know them well enough to be responsible, you should be ok. You can where your mask.

1 Like

You do what’s best for you. If you don’t feel comfortable then don’t do it. We haven’t let anyone in our house.

9 Likes

Everyone has their own comfort level! Personally, we are not letting Covid rule our lives. We’ve traveled and stayed with friends, and we have friends and family over. We’re in CA where out Gov likes to shut everything down…so connecting with friends and family is crucial to our mental health! Do what makes you and your family feel comfortable! :blush:

7 Likes

Upstate NY here and living life as close to normal as we can for months now

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be comfortable why can’t they stay in a hotel?

2 Likes

I’m in Texas as well and have people over. You have to get on with life and stop living in fear. You can take precautions like masks and having people sanitize their hands, but you can pick up the virus simply by going to the store, going to get gas etc…

21 Likes

No. You do what YOU are comfortable with.

4 Likes

Paranoid in my opinion. I’m in Arkansas. One of my friends that lives in Texas got Covid and she came to stay with us two weeks after she recovered. My husband’s brother lives in Seattle and he stayed with us two weeks after that. My stepdaughter lives in Maryland and flew here for the summer and back. She will be flying here again in December. We also took a family trip to FL this summer where they don’t believe in masks :rofl: and we were fine. Wash your hands and your house and you’ll be fine BUT if you’re really that uncomfortable, maybe you could help them find a hotel or Airbnb?

6 Likes

Can you have them get tested before coming to visit? My husbands sister had a baby and we went and got tested before we visited.

4 Likes

Are you or anyone in your home or that you’ll be around high risk? If one of you caught it would it be detrimental to your health? If not I’d say take it easy, wash and sanitize your hands often, and just stay away from random people.

Personally I’ve gone back to normal. That may upset some people. But the rural community we live in has pretty much gone back to normal too. Some wear masks, some don’t. And COVID isn’t running crazy here.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re paranoid at all. Part of the reason we’re not past all this crap yet is because people refuse to do what is needed to decrease positivity rates. I’d be comfortable hanging out with them outside, with masks, but not in my house. Only members of my household are allowed in my house. Do not allow yourself to be made to feel guilty for following your instincts and doing the right thing.

20 Likes

There is no right or wrong answer during a global pandemic. Listen to your gut and what you feel comfortable with. Never apologize for the need to keep you and your family safe. :blue_heart:

11 Likes

This isn’t going away any time soon. Just saying

6 Likes

Its up to you. If your not comfortable with it, then continue doing what youve been doing.

I didn’t see my mom since march as well. Bc of covid. She died unexpectedly in July. Worst mistake of my life. As long as you take precautions, I would say let them visit. Have hand sanitizer out. Check their Temps if you have to. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. But don’t shut your loved ones out.

16 Likes

Well, to be honest, he should have asked you before he just invited anyone over. Especially when its an overnight deal. Personally, as long as the family members were feeling healthy I would no problem, but you’re house isn’t mine. And he needs to communicate with you, you’re partners.

5 Likes

Can they get tested before coming? If you ask them to test you should get tested as well. I think approach as concern for both couples.

1 Like

Do whats best for you, but at least its not polio :woozy_face:

3 Likes

We honestly have been living life normally since the first 3 or so months in. None of us have gotten sick. I always ask if the kids who come over have been sick, but I got to work, my little goes to school and dance. We have even traveled several times. Our county has had hardly any cases.

4 Likes

Unless you or someone in your house is immunocompromised then you are being paranoid.

16 Likes

Your being paranoid.

8 Likes

I’m in wi. I was supposed to have open heart surgery easter but got postponed with pandemic. Still keeps getting pushed off month by month…i have compromised breathing as well an a special needs child. My grandparents were in AZ wh pandemic hit. They flew across country to come home in mid may…so AZ, to NM, to MN before landing in WI then wanted us to visit. I refused…well October 3rd they showed up unexpectedly forced way in home, then came again week later same thing happened, my grandpa (76) just had emergency heart every…they thought thiwas all joke…he has now been in hospital for 12 days so far with covid, may need ventilator very soon, my grandma has it, and so does my 6 year old. I stayed far away, he stayed away, but last second grandma grabbed hold him whispered in his ear, gave big old lip kiss…I’m furious…u do what’s best for u!

5 Likes

Get over it!!! More shit is out there than covid. I’m so done hearing about it!!! It is hear to stay ! 99% survival rate move on

I live in SC - and we’ve been basically living normal, just wearing masks in public… We’ve gone on vacation twice - and hardly ever use hand sanitizer… While you may be a bit paranoid, it’s not for anyone else to judge. You do what you feel comfortable with… With that being said, if you live with your fiancé, you need to talk and come to some sort of compromise.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t want anyone outside of my household staying with me right now. Your fiancé definitely should have discussed it with you first.

7 Likes

Located in WI. It’s so bad here that unless you have more than 3 covid symptoms they won’t even test you at the hospitals because they are so overrun. They just tell you to stay home and quarantine for 12 days. So I say you are being perfectly cautious. Although WI has been completely open since May and it’s a total shitshow here. Most people aren’t wearing masks saying it a hoax (apparently put on by the entire world :roll_eyes: like come on). Especially if you have littles, you are in the right. Can’t be too careful with your babes.

4 Likes

I say let them stay. Just be safe. Wash hands and stay safe distance. But let them come and enjoy yourself

1 Like

OMG, no girl, you are DEFINITELY NOT PARANOID. America is in the grip of a pandemic that is getting worse. Put ya foot down and just say “No Way”. Not untill this thing is under control.

10 Likes

I’m with you. Covid is on the rise.

7 Likes

Problem solved : ask for them to take a test prior to coming. That way it can give you peace of mind.

I will be having a baby in December, my 4th, my oldest will be home from college for Christmas, my son visiting from Texas for his winter break and my in-laws here to help… each one of them must provide a negative test within the week of arrival in order for me to feel comfortable with them staying in my home especially because we will have a newborn unvaccinated baby. Also, anyone holding our newbie must wear a mask in the home or not. Our home our children our rules. If others choose they do not want to get tested than there is an asked for you as well…

4 Likes

Paranoid. But if you must gown, mask, gloves, sanitizer, and check forehead temperature upon entry lol

1 Like

Paranoid. This virus is 99% preventable. Up your vitamins esp vit c & you should be ok. The only reason your hearing a raise in the virus bc the ppl who comply to wearing a mask are doing more harm than good. The mask dont protect you from this specific virus. I was pregnant the last 9mo & I’ve been living life pretty normal so has family.

11 Likes

My little family is not going around anyone. I hadn’t seen my mom and brother in five months and the live fifteen minutes away. I only started seeing my mom and brother last month again. It’s so hard. Why do they need to actually stay with you? Maybe offer to pay for their hotel, if possible? He shouldn’t have made that decision without running it by you. Covid-19 numbers seem to be going up again, so I see your concern.

9 Likes

Hey I’m going to say be very afraid as i am getting over it this is my 4 week my wife all most died its been bad here

5 Likes

I wouldn’t do it!! You never know if they’re a carrier. They could have it and be asymptomatic and spread it to you!

4 Likes

I haven’t had any visitors, visited anyone’s house, and no one has met my baby. Personally, I think he should have spoke with you before inviting guests over during a pandemic. You’re not being paranoid, you’re being safe.

8 Likes

Do whatever you feel is best for you and your children. If you don’t want people over, just tell your husband to not invite anyone over during this pandemic.

2 Likes

I understand her concerns but its also not just her home. Her husband also has a opinion on when its been enough time and when it hasn’t. If he feels it has, and she doesn’t then they need to come up with a solution.

4 Likes

Were not letting anyone in our home. Just because everyones “over it” doesnt mean the pandemic is done with. He absolutely should have discussed this with you before inviting them.

4 Likes

Live a little. Most people will recover.
Paranoid imo.

4 Likes

Panic will kill you before COVID-19

5 Likes

I have an 11 year old, an 83 year old, and I’m severely immunocompromised. I haven’t let anyone into my house, and certainly wouldn’t for an extended period of time.
It’s a thin line to walk.
I’d think if someone was gonna come stay for any serious amount of time they’d be tested first, and then pretty much stay in the house while they’re here. That’s just me though. This is a tough question, so I hope someone gives you the words you’re looking for.
Go with your gut, absolutely and always.

3 Likes

Stop living your life in fear with this.

1 Like

If your uncomfortable then tell him. Nobody can tell you how to feel about your own health. Or maybe speak with them and tell them how you feel maybe they will understand.

1 Like

Yes. You’re paranoid.

1 Like

I mean cases are rising again. The US isn’t handling this pandemic well. We aren’t sure if they came into contact with some who has it or not. They can be asymptomatic and not know it.
Call me paranoid but I have 2 who are asthmatic and a 7mo. I’d rather not risk their health over having company.

2 Likes

No you’re not being paranoid. I don’t even like people staying over when there’s no pandemic :joy: this just gives me a good excuse. Lol.

4 Likes

Its your health . Ask them if they will be tested before they come AND come straight to your home… no chance of getting Covid if they don’t stop anywhere. They might cancel the trip when they see how serious you are.

1 Like

It’s your life, but it’s also his two. If you want to stay in the bedroom all weekend that’s okay. He can enjoy his family. Unless you have this reaction to every single virus that comes out you need to turn off the TV, and go out and smell fresh air. It’s not normal to live life in constant fear. You may want to see a mental health doctor. Also we live in Texas, have 4 kids, 2 in school one is five months. We haven’t let the fear stop our lives in the slightest. Nothing bad has happened, I take care of my elderly parents also, they have been fine. Stress does increase your cortisol levels and makes you more susceptible to getting sick. We just make sure we wash our hands, go outside alot for sunshine and take vitamin c and D supplements. At the end of the day life is short, and I want to spend as much time with my friends and family as I can. Tomorrow is never promised.

7 Likes

Your home you have every right to be scared suggest they stay in a close hotel split the cost everyone happy stick to your inner beliefs stay sage

You’re being paranoid. You’re part of the reason this country will never recover. Get over it and yourself.

4 Likes

Even if people do quick drop ins youre just as exposed to them. One encounter for 1 second is all it takes. So it doesnt matter if someone is staying all weekend or for 5.minutes. Youre so should have discussed this with you defintelty. But does he work or do you work? If so you’re exposed as well. If youre super worried ask her to take a covid test before she can stay.

We never let the virus control us (when we could help it) as soon as my daughter was out of the hospital we took her to see family (she was born at 32 weeks so she was in the NICU for 2 weeks) (and yes I know i will probably get comments on taking her around people but whatever) this virus had already took my mom being in the room for her birth from us it wasnt taking anything else I had to lay in a room bawling and scared by myself til my husband could get there even though my mom and I are together everyday since we work together and our work never shut down through it all so we have been and will continue to live as normal

2 Likes

No you not. But he should not have invited anyone to stay without discussing it with you first out of respect

1 Like

I hear a lot of people saying they have gone back to normal and to not be paranoid but I have to warn you. My sister and her entire family have just come down with it because of having family over that was carrying it and didn’t realize it. That’s the problem, we may not be symptomatic but still be positive. Stick with your intuition. We are also going into the winter season and covid is spiking because of indoor activities. Its not going to kill us to be safe for the time needed. Whatever you decide please be safe.

I think you’re right. I have a 21 month old who has asthma and a 7 month old, I have had no visitors in months, not even grandparents. And grandparents dont even want to come into them because they’re afraid they would bring something in with them and they would never forgive themselves. If you’re not comfortable with it then definitely dont allow it to happen, as some have said above, better safe than sorry
Also, here in ireland we are on a full lockdown at the moment. And it drives me crazy to see other people living life as normal, having birthday parties and gatherings, sickinening how people just cannot adhere to simple rules for these few weeks that we have to, to try protect our vulnerable and children…

1 Like

Up your immune system. You are not an at risk person from your chat. Vit D is essential. Study virology and chill

2 Likes

A quick drop by is all it takes to contract it.

2 Likes

I personally don’t like anyone staying with us anyway or even visiting for that matter. But if you’re going to the store running errands, etc and you don’t want them over than yes you’re being paranoid. Your husband may not feel the same about this as you do and that is his house also. You can always stay in the bedroom of you’re comfortable.

2 Likes

Im in Pennsylvania where the numbers are rising and have had a few people over, we’ve gone to the sprint car races with thousands of people where no one wore a mask, and we went on 2 out of state vacations with no problems (Texas, West Virginia).My boyfriends and I’s families haven’t gotten it. As long as you are healthy with no underlying conditions, have good hygiene and are clean you will be fine. This one woman from my work and her husband ended up getting it but it wasn’t a surprise to me because she has horrible personal hygiene, doesn’t shower on a regular basis, doesn’t qwash her hands when she’s done in the bathroom and is over all really gross.

Besides having to wear a mask I haven’t changed my life style one bit :woman_shrugging: but I’m not afraid of this either.

4 Likes

Let them come. You only live once.

1 Like

It’s your health, do what makes you comfortable :woman_shrugging:t2: I haven’t allowed visitors and I’ve been homeschooling my oldest to keep my youngest safe. People claim it’s like the flu but my special needs son has to be put on oxygen for every respiratory illness he’s gotten since he was born. As a parent it’s scary to see your child struggling to breathe especially when they are non-verbal and don’t understand that your trying to help so yea I don’t allow anyone over.

4 Likes

I think your over reacting. This virus will not go away, live your life and see your family!

4 Likes

OK, do a risk assessment. Does anyone in your household have risk factors (age, diabetes, asthma, etc.)? What about your visitors? Has everyone had flu shots yet?

How big is your home? Do you have lots of room or will you be on top of each other in a tiny condo? Are you able to social distance while eating? Do you have an outdoor space where you could have meals?

How about the air circulation? Can you spend time with the windows open or be outside a lot? Is it warm enough to have fans running? Can y’all wear masks while around each other?

Have your visitors been vigilant? Do they have any risk factors or are they sick? Do you have plenty of soap, disinfectant and hand sanitizer? Is your locale a “hot spot”? Or is theirs if they live in a different area? Would your guests agree to wear masks and gloves except while they are eating/drinking, alone or in their room? Would you feel better if they stayed in a hotel?

There are ways to mitigate the risks and calculate the odds. Better to spend time together now while the weather is decent vs spending time together cooped up in a closed up house in winter. Talk to a health professional about your chances of infection under the circumstances.

I’ve been able to stay safe by wearing a mask, social distancing and spending time with friends and family in my “bubble” outdoors or in spacious indoor spaces where there is continual cleaning, & have been able to eat at restaurants, go to wineries and visit my friends and children with no ill effects for any of us. Take precautions as needed, but I think you’ll be OK. That said, your husband should have talked to you first so you could reach a compromise on this visit.

1 Like

I agree with you. People don’t like change or feeling something/someone is controling them. They’re refusing to abide my CDC & WHO reccomendations. That’s adding to the spread & is the reason the US has the highest cases & deaths. You’re not paranoid. You’re being a responsible adult. I wish more people would be like you. We’d have less suffering & this nightmare would end sooner.

3 Likes

Well. You have a right to your fears. I will say this. As someone whose been in the feild and has an aunt currently working at a hospital. As long as they get tested and are negative and you take precautions like hand washing and having sanatizer available etc. You will be fine. Unless you have health issues especially in lungs amd heart. You are fine.

2 Likes

Well my whole family had it it in June, it’s was nothing for us, since we have no underlying health problems, also my father and mother n law had it, she has 2 auto immune diseases including MS. I was terrified for her, and all she had was a stopped up nose. So we are not living in fear.

You’re being paranoid. He should.have discussed it with you but you need to stop letting something control your life. You have to keep going and living like normal to an extent.

6 Likes

You are not covered in a spirit of fear but a spirit of peace and sound mind. Stop letting fear control your life!!!

1 Like

As long as he isn’t sick. sounds like you’re letting covid let you live in fear. it really isn’t as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

6 Likes

Obviously you are not being paranoid… Covid is a VERY real thing… it’s a frigging worldwide Pandemic!

If he insists on having people stay with you, I would inform him you will be going to a hotel for the duration of their stay.

But really, he should have more respect for you and your feelings/concerns. To me, he cleary doesn’t give a :poop: about your feelings and that would be a :triangular_flag_on_post: and I would reconsider moving forward with any marriage… but that’s just me :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Relax. Its his home to. If you leave your home for any reason younare at risk. I received my life no different than before March. people in my home and kids friends are in and out and no one has so much gotten a cold.

1 Like

You are over reacting. You want to live in fear!

2 Likes

At some point life has to go on. Statistically, children have faired pretty well. Maybe they could get tested before coming?

2 Likes

stay home and stay alone

It is his home too… I understand being cautious but this sounds like you are extremely paranoid.

3 Likes

I would say have them get tested before they come. My kids are face 2 face in school and if anything they would be the ones bringing something home so let them come have them take a test.

I live in Texas, and there’s no way I would feel comfortable. It’s easy for other people to tell you to live your life. Yes, it’s his house too, but if he’s the one bringing potential harm then he’s the one that doesn’t get to do it. Just because we’re so far in to the pandemic doesn’t mean it’s over or less of a threat. We’re building up to another peak! Just because others are ready to move on or turn a blind eye to getting sick doesn’t mean you should feel any obligation to move on with them. Yes, risk factor assessment is a great tool, but with this still being a novel virus that we’re seeing affect people of all ages and health levels, the risk will never be worth it to me. My two kids and I stay home all the time. My husband goes to work with a full respirator and comes home. We get groceries delivered. We’re doing everything we can to absolutely minimize exposure and risk, and we will continue to until the is a reasonable solution. I had my second child in May, and he has only met grandparents because they quarantined for two weeks before he was born.

6 Likes

You’re in the right. People act like there’s not still a pandemic going on. Morons, all of them. Soon as someone gets sick, they’ll act shocked and confused like they didn’t know what could happen. If he wants to see them, he can go to their house. Knowing how afraid you are, he should be respectful of that and not bring people to your homr

5 Likes

We still have people over about once a week.

No, you’re not being paranoid. Covid still isn’t under control here in Texas because no one will take it seriously. In my county, most people will not wear a mask and they are still doing large gatherings, festivals, etc. No social distancing whatsoever, not even in the schools. The police department said they will not enforce the mandates. People are still dying. We still don’t go anywhere unnecessary and we take all precautions when we have to go out. You shouldn’t live in fear but at the same time you should take it seriously.

Don’t listen to the fucking idiots. I don’t wear a seat belt out of fear or a helmet…

Your not being ridiculous the morons who are over it are acting like it’s over are.

Keep your foot down

Personally depending on where you live and where they are coming from I would be the same thing.

I feel the same way and I am in CA